Seeking Guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Guidance

My name is Justin. I am 28 years old and am seeking my next step along my spiritual journey. I am not completely familiar with your terminology, so If I mistake something, please point it out.

This energy that is called chi here, is granted from the greater self, via focusing beyond the brow chakra? I took many steps to get to the point of accessing this, starting from my root chakra and proceeding to my brow with focus and meditation. I am now at the point that I can divide my focus amongst my heart and brow chakra simultaneously. When I am focusing on the brow chakra, by projecting my focus beyond myself, I am engulfed in energy which I believe you call chi. When my focus is set to my heart, I feel intense love. When I focus on both, it is indescribable.

I have read that it is possible to store chi, although don't know if that is my next step, or what my next step would be. If anyone could offer guidance, I would be eternally greatful.
    Thanks
    -Justin
    Last edited by Teknix; 7 March 2011, 09:11 PM. Reason: fixed

Hi Justin,

It's not exactly clear to me what you are seeking, though I will offer my thoughts in hope that they help.

Since you have come to our forum looking for advice on the next step in your journey, is it safe for me to assume that you have no formal teacher? If you do have a formal teacher that has helped you with your progress thus far, why do you not turn to him/her for advice?

I think you will find that nearly all of the members on this forum will suggest you find a good teacher, learn from him/her, follow the path they lay out for you, and not worry about the next step. You will find that much of the advise given here will be the same from person to person. That is because this is a virtual extension of our school, and the majority of the members of the forum have experience learning from good teachers.

If you are mostly self-taught, then you will also find many warnings against progessing any further with your current path. If your claims are true, and I have no reason to doubt you, then your practice is providing you with results. Without guidance, you run the very real risk of having these results be negative. The further you go, the harder it will be to avoid bad results without a good teacher.

Perhaps you could tell us more about your training, practice, and experience.

-Matt

Comment

Hi Matt,
      Thank you for replying. My teacher is that of truth and intuition. I do a lot of reading, and meditating and can determine what is true for me through the senses that were once based on logic and have evolved to that of intuition and feeling.

I may be in the wrong place, but this is one way that I search.
      Last edited by Teknix; 7 March 2011, 10:00 PM. Reason: fixed

Comment

Originally posted by Teknix View Post
        Hi Matt,
        Thank you for replying. My teacher is that of truth and intuition. I do a lot of reading, and meditating and can determine what is true for me through the senses that were once based on logic and have evolved to that of intuition and feeling.

I may be in the wrong place, but this is one way that I search.
        Hi Justin,

Just another suggestion, as it may help on your journey. Allow yourself to give proper credit to your teachers. I would suggest thinking in terms of "intuition" and "truth" as filters that you use when you read. They are not your teachers. The author of the book, article, website, etc is the teacher. This is not to belittle your part in the process, but (in addition to giving credit where credit is due) help you not feel so alone. When you start to notice a pattern emerging - that you are benefitting most from the words of one person, you could then seek them out as your instructor.

I wouldn't say that you are in the wrong place. In fact, my journey with Shaolin Wahnam began by reading one of Sifu's books. This book, the practice that lead from it, and the results I got, were enough to convince me to take a course with Sifu. It snowballed from there (all in a great way!). Books can be a wonderful beginning. Though I think you'd be doing yourself a great disservice if you don't seek out instruction beyond printed word.

Just my 2 cents.

-Matt

Comment

Matt, for me to give credit to anyone other than that of the greater self would be redundant.

What started me on my path was a book called "The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life" by Drunvalo Melchizedek.

I take everything that I read with a grain of salt and find what is true to me. There is no one path that I have fallowed, although I have had guidance from teaching of Yoga as well as even Enya, whom I consider a Muse. Cogito ergo sum has played a role, as well as Immanuel Kant.

Solfeggio frequencies have also played a role, and has some Buddhist teachings.

I have found that many eastern teachings are pointing to the same thing, however with different words.

All of these are of and from the greater self, so who really deserves credit? If this is being disrespectful in your eyes, I appologize.

-Justin
          Last edited by Teknix; 7 March 2011, 10:56 PM. Reason: Misspell

Comment

Moderator Edit: Show due respect or leave!
            Last edited by Andrew; 8 March 2011, 06:21 AM. Reason: Rude and uncalled for post!

Comment

Justin,

Sifu Matt has tried to offer you good advice for your so-called path. You may choose to follow it or not. That is up to you.

From your posts to date you come across as a teenager (nothing wrong with that) on a trip. You have started on what could be a very dangerous path. Sifu Matt has showed you this yet you ignore his generous advice and comments. Why are you here if you contradict any and all advice offered --- and that in response to your own direct questioning?

How old are you? And what (please be honest this time) are you seeking to achieve in our Virtual Kwoon? Are you even clear on what it is?

As noted, this is our Virtual Kwoon. It is an extension of our school. When you enter it, you should do so with due respect to the teachers you "meet".

If you genuinely seek advice, fine.
              If you seek to discuss with an open mind and heart, fine.
              If you seek to teach, please find your own "kwoon" to do so.
              If you seek to disrupt, please leave immediately and take your disruptive energy with you. Either that or we will "help" you to leave.
              Sifu Andrew Barnett
              Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
              Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
              Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Matt, for me to give credit to anyone other than that of the greater self would be redundant.
                What an arrogant person you are. I can give credit to an ant if it teaches me something. Now who is redundant?

I have met many people like you, so-called spiritual seekers. They believe they are 'spiritual' because they discard the conventional greetings. They cannot be grateful for a smile or a reply close to them, yet they believe they already fly in the sky. They are not even able to distinguish between a fly's shit and a diamond, how can they developp their spirit?

You know nothing. But you believe you are smart.

I have said enough. Don't expect me to lose more of my precious time with you... Unless you bow your head and say 'thank you' to the grandmother across the street giving you a nice lesson.

By the way, the 'Greater Self' includes everyone and everything. So when I say 'thank you' to an ant, or you, or that grandmother across the street, then I also give credit to the 'Greater Self'.

So-called spiritual seekers cannot even realize this simple fact, yet they talk like Zen monks

Maxime Citerne, Chinese Medicine, Qigong Healing & Internal Arts

Frankfurt - Paris - Alsace

France: www.institut-anicca.com

Germany: www.anicca-institute.com

Comment

You really take misunderstanding to a new level. You must be unfamiliar with the Zen Buddhist Koan. The arrogance does not lie within this body. It was only humour, and was intended to check your own ego. Why you don't ask for clarification before making such an accusation and attempting to be little me? You saw my words as a threat, and they were far from that.
                  Last edited by Teknix; 8 March 2011, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxime View Post
                    What an arrogant person you are. I can give credit to an ant if it teaches me something. Now who is redundant?

I have met many people like you, so-called spiritual seekers. They believe they are 'spiritual' because they discard the conventional greetings. They cannot be grateful for a smile or a reply close to them, yet they believe they already fly in the sky. They are not even able to distinguish between a fly's shit and a diamond, how can they developp their spirit?

You know nothing. But you believe you are smart.

I have said enough. Don't expect me to lose more of my precious time with you... Unless you bow your head and say 'thank you' to the grandmother across the street giving you a nice lesson.

By the way, the 'Greater Self' includes everyone and everything. So when I say 'thank you' to an ant, or you, or that grandmother across the street, then I also give credit to the 'Greater Self'.

So-called spiritual seekers cannot even realize this simple fact, yet they talk like Zen monks
                    I don't feel the need to write my entire life story, which is what would be required to give all due credit.

Exactly, by giving credit to the Greater Self is including everyone and everything. This is why I said it becomes redundant.

Might I ask you the same question, as to who you give credit to?
                    Last edited by Teknix; 8 March 2011, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew
                      what (please be honest this time) are you seeking to achieve in our Virtual Kwoon? Are you even clear on what it is?

As noted, this is our Virtual Kwoon. It is an extension of our school. When you enter it, you should do so with due respect to the teachers you "meet".

If you genuinely seek advice, fine.
                      If you seek to discuss with an open mind and heart, fine.
                      If you seek to teach, please find your own "kwoon" to do so.
                      If you seek to disrupt, please leave immediately and take your disruptive energy with you. Either that or we will "help" you to leave.
                      Still waiting......
                      Sifu Andrew Barnett
                      Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
                      Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
                      Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

I don't feel the need to write my entire life story, which is what would be required to give all due credit.
                        Good thing too. No one is interested anyway.
                        百德以孝为先
                        Persevere in correct practice

Comment

Thank you for the advice and help.

Comment

I guess I don't get any points for elaborating even though I found it redundant?

I did offer an appology in advance, as I am not aware of your customs.

I would have never thought to be under attack from a kwoon of healers.

Comment

First of all you are not under attack. This does not mean that we cannot speak our truth.

Second, you are in our place, a traditional internal art school, and I guess you have read the conditions of access and what means 'Virtual Kwoon' before signing in, right?

Thirdly, you are 'seeking guidance' (your own words). So do not position yourself as our equal, but as someone who wants to learn. Or maybe that 'seeking guidance' has another meaning? I made the point clearer with the link on my earlier post.

You obviously did not took time to learn who we are.

Since your are 'looking for guidance' and I am in a good mood, I will offer you some nice advice if you sincerely wish to progress on the path; believe me the following is not an attack but a wake up call: I do not need any Zen Koan lesson from you. Really. You can keep your Zen keyboards teachings for the kid around the corner, but that doesn't impress me at all.

Keyboards spiritual seekers talk like the books they read, their experience is as thin and light as the sheet from the books they read, their knowledge is as tasteless as the ink from the pages of the book they read. They play funny games, split their superficial knowledge of koan that they gathered on internet, think they know something and make serious practitionners like my brothers and me lose their time.

Respect the hard work that we (instructors and healers in Shaolin Wahnam) have made by training hard and facing our own blockages for years! It takes lots of time, humility, and tears to rise above the water and smell the clouds.

So this post is really a test for you, or for any keyboard spirituall seeker. Either you are a serious seeker then you will show humility NOW and stop playing some smart games, or you are not then you can leave this place NOW.

Best,
                              Last edited by Maxime; 8 March 2011, 03:53 PM.

Maxime Citerne, Chinese Medicine, Qigong Healing & Internal Arts

Frankfurt - Paris - Alsace

France: www.institut-anicca.com

Germany: www.anicca-institute.com

Comment

Working...
                              X