Chinese medicine challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese medicine challenge

This might be the big challenge but even after receiving some good advice here and being currently studying acupuncture, I now feel rock-bottom and unsure.

Basically I have been diagnosed with kidney yin and spleen-deficient and told by the chinese dr NOT to practice qi gong until I have rested, done daily work in addition to study, and had nourishing bone soups. I will be going to the Shaolin Qi Gong course in Malaysia in October but until then I am unsure, what else can I try (smile from the heart)? Also other signs including: sore lower back, forgetting easily, and nightly nocturnal emissions.

I tried acupuncture myself on points ren4, sp6, st36, lv3, ki6, and he5 and felt slightly relaxed and sleepy for a few moments afterwards but nothing like before-hand. Before-hand I felt things go slowly and very calm and centered, it was a big difference.

Although I have had a dark past I never was violent, but now I feel it has come back to getting me. I used to feel so smart and energetic, what happened I feel so desperate even though I am still young!!

I should add, apologies I wrote this post when upset. I have now been reading the testimonials and Sifu Joan Browne mentioned the "Three Hearts", and I feel better already
    So, if you are feeling upset, read the forums before posting lol

Comment

Not So Long

So, you're going to Sabah in October for the Chi Kung course. You have a lot to look forward to.....namely the keys to health and happiness for your whole life.

Be sure that many have waited patiently for years to learn from lesser mentors, many looked for many years before finding their Teacher, and you have less than 6 months until you leap frog many levels simply because you could be initiated by such a high level Master.

So, 6 months might not be so long in the grand scheme of things. In the meantime, you can prepare yourself in other ways.....
      Facebook

"Then how could chi kung overcome diseases where the cause is unknown or when there is no cure? The question is actually incorrect. The expressions "the cause is unknown" and "there is no cure" are applicable only in the Western medical paradigm. The expressions no longer hold true in the chi kung paradigm. In the chi kung paradigm the cause is known, and there is a cure."

-Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Comment

With all due respect, if you are kidney yin and spleen deficient, then you absolutely SHOULD be practicing qigong, especially high-level qigong like you'll learn in Malaysia with Sifu Wong.
        Sifu Anthony Korahais
        www.FlowingZen.com
        (Click here to learn more about me.)

Comment

Since I practiced Shaolin Qi Gong from Sifu Wong's books, I cannot doing abdominal breathing (until learning it directly), so I hope all the other exercises are suitable, including induced chi flow. I will trying Qi Gong now, twice a day.

Thank you Sifu Mark for your inspiring and Sifu Antonius for your direct reply

Comment

Forget about Abdominal Breathing. Just do the big three -- Lifting the Sky, Pushing Mountains, and Carrying the Moon. Make sure to breathe and move gently. If you can get induced chi flow, great. If not, then just enjoy the flowing stillness.
            Last edited by Antonius; 22 April 2011, 01:01 PM.
            Sifu Anthony Korahais
            www.FlowingZen.com
            (Click here to learn more about me.)

Comment

Thanks again Sifu Antonius,

I have now been doing Shaolin Chi Kung from Sifu Wong's book twice a day, and even though I usually feel sleeping afterwards, I already feel stronger than when I first posted this message.

Smile from the heaaaaaarrrrrrrt!

Comment

Working...
              X