Quotes from Sifu (Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

For today's quote I present you another inspiring one related to problem solving:

"Having a bad solution to a problem is better than not having any solution at all, and be continuously troubled by the problem. It is inspired by the principle frequently advised by successful businessmen that making a bad decision is better than making no decision.

When a person comes up with a solution to a problem, even a bad one, he has started to act on his problem. Even when the solution is bad, it helps him to understand the problem better, and to lead him to define his problem, which in turn can lead to a good solution. If he has no solution, he will be continuously tormented by the problem". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Source Quote
    Finding a Solution.jpg

Picture Source

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santi

Comment

For today's quote I present you another inspiring one on problem solving:

"A bad solution is one that does not solve the problem, or is not viable.

An average solution is one that solves the problem but involves much time and effort, and/or brings little benefits.

A good solution is one that solves the problems, and involves little time and effort, and/or brings a lot of benefits". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
      Bad-Average-Good Solution.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

For today's quote I want to share with you another inspiring answer from Sifu at the 36 strategies Q & A Series:

"All journey starts with the first step. The first step is the vision. The second step is to chart the direction. The third step is walking firmly and briskly to your destination." - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
        Reaching Destination.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

For today, I present you another beautiful quote from Sifu:

"“Mind thinks, events materialize” is the greatest lessons I have had from my sifu, Sifu Ho Fatt Nam. This teaching has helped me and many other people to have a happy and meaningful life.

This teaching is taught in both ancient wisdom and modern science. The Buddha has taught that the most important factor contributing to karma is thought. In other words what a person thinks will materialize as events.

Modern science teaches the same lesson. When a scientist looks at an electron, where it turns out to be a particle or a wave depends on what he thinks. If he thinks of measuring the electron as a particle, it will always turn out to be a particle. If he thinks of measuring it as a wave, it will always turn out to be a wave.

Thus, in terms of depth, this cosmic truth is taught in both ancient wisdom and modern science. Long before modern science has established itself as a respectable disciple, the Buddha has taught that the phenomenal world is a function of thought. In other words, the world is what we think it is!

Spend a few minutes to reflect on this cosmic truth. The world is what we think it is." - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
          Mind Thinks Events Materialize.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

For todays quote I share with you one that always had a great impact in me:

"God is all compassionate. He gives His blessings to everybody. Then, why many people are sick and suffer? Don't blame God. It is they who close themselves and block the blessings of God". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
            God is All Compassionate.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

Please find below another beautiful and very inspiring quote from Sifu:

"Once we have developed the habit of keeping our heart open, it will remain open without much effort from us, though it may be close again due to some unforeseen circumstances, like being exposed to prolonged grief and disappointment. But when we sense it is close, we can reopen it again, and keep it open irrespective of the circumstances.

An open heart will enable a person to have a positive outlook in life, which in turn will enable him to view all circumstances positively. As perspective is often more important than reality, having a positive outlook will be a very important factor in making his life happy and meaningful.

He may be in a negative situation, but he still can have a positive perspective of it. His positive perspective may not change his present negative situation but it will much affect how the situation will turn out to be. It can also affect his present emotional, mental and spiritual well-being". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
              Open Heart.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

Please find below another inspiring quote from Sifu:

Letting go is simple, but may not be easy. Just do it. Don’t worry about how to let go, or which is the best way to let go. Don’t intellectualize on the mechanics of letting go, or what would happen if you do not let go. Just let go.

An analogy will be useful. Suppose you are holding a hot potato in your hand. Don’t worry about how to let of the hot potato, or which is the best method to let it go. Don’t intellectualize on the mechanics of letting go the hot potato, or what would happen if you keep holding it in your hands. Just let go of the hot potato. It is the same as a blockage." - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
                Letting Go.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

For today, I share another beautiful and inspiring quote from Sifu:

"The five aspects I believe are most important in contributing to a happy family life are as follows:

1. Get together regularly.
                  2. Say truthful things that your family members like to hear.
                  3. Let them live their lives.
                  4. Support them in times of difficulties.
                  5. Encourage them in words and deeds." - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
                  Happy Family Life.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

I am sure you have heard this one before. Please find below another inspiring quote from Sifu:

"All healing starts from the heart". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
                    All Healing Starts From the Heart.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

For today, I share with you another inspiring quote from Sifu regarding decision making:

"A main reason why people dare not make decisions is because they lack courage. They lack courage to make decisions. They also lack courage to face their decisions. Further, they lack courage if they made a wrong decision. Chi kung training will overcome this lack of courage and give them confidence. The progress is intrinsic, i.e. they will overcome their cowardice and gain confidence as a direct result of practicing chi kung, and not due to external factors like their instructors telling them the importance of making decisions". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
                      Courage in Making Decisions.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

Today I share with you another inspiring quote that I love from Sifu:

"A basic tenet in Chinese medical philosophy is that all treatment starts from the heart, which means the mind in English. Chi kung masters have advised that to have good result you need to have three “hearts” — the heart of confidence, the heart of determination, and the heart of perseverance. You need to be confident of yourself, be determined that you will overcome your problems, and persevere in your effort. If, even before you start to acquire the techniques and skills that will help you to overcome your problems, you cast doubt on your ability, you only make things difficult for yourself." - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
                        The Three Hearts of Shaolin.jpg

Santi

Comment

For today's quote I share with you another one that I love:

"Good health is our birth-right. We are by nature healthy. In this webpage I shall share with you my knowledge and experience as a chi kung grandmaster in helping literally hundreds of people to be healthy. Many of these people were chronically ill before.

As we are by nature healthy, illness is an unnatural state. This means that illness, any illness, is temporary and can be rectified. Understandably, to those who have been ill for a long time and have been used to the idea that their illness is "incurable", this claim may sound outlandish, or, more positively, too good to be true.

I can assure you that this claim is true, and is made earnestly, substantiated not only by sound medical philosophy but also by hundreds of actual case histories. To comprehend the truth of this claim, you have first of all to realize that the conventional Western medical paradigm of looking at health and illness is not necessarily the only correct way". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
                          Good Health is Our Birth Right.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

Please find below another quote greatly inspiring from Sifu:

"Showing respect to the master is mainly for the students' benefit. Many other people may not know this, or believe it is so. Showing respect to the master gives the students an excellent mind-set to benefit most from the master's teaching". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
                            Respecting the Master.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

Please find below another beautiful and inspiring piece of wisdom from Sifu:

"Forgiving affects favourably the person who forgives, not the person who did wrong. The wrong, regardless of whether it was real or merely perceived, had been done, and the act of forgiving would not undo it. In fact the wrong doer may not even know he has been forgiven.

The harm resulting from the wrong action continues to hurt the person on the receiving end if he still harbours strong negative emotions regarding it, sometimes more insidiously harmful than the actual wrong deed itself. When he forgives, he terminates the harm. The wrong deed ceases to hurt him any more.

Further, the act of forgiving strengthens and nourishes his spirit. He becomes happier and more peaceful.

Forgiving is not an act of weakness or cowardice. On the contrary, it needs much courage and strength to forgive". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
                              Forgiving.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

For todays quote I share another beautiful and inspiring answer from Sifu:

"We can bring out the best in others if we follow the following secrets. We, ourselves, must have a healthy philosophy of life. We look at the good side of people. We tell them opportunities to improve themselves". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source
                                Bringing Out the Best in People.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

Working...
                                X