• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Steffen.

Best wishes
    Mark

Comment

• I somehow managed to miss this thread before going to the course, but I am very much enjoying it now.

Since I happened to be messing around with text processing tools for making documentation at work, I compiled the answers into an A5 PDF and also EPUB document, so that it is easier for me to read it on the go. (I also took the liberty of fixing a few typos.)

You are welcome to grab a copy - happy 1-week anniversary of the course!

(EPUB tested on my iPhone and Kobo, for Kindle you will need to use KindleGen or something of the sort.)
      Last edited by George; 7 January 2015, 12:54 PM.
      George / Юра
      Shaolin Wahnam England

gate gate pāragate pārasaṁgate bodhi svāhā

Comment

• Dedicated Thread for Compiling Sifu's Q&A ?

Hello Everyone,

Like Anton Siheng suggested, it would be pretty cool if we could compile all of Sifu's Q&A's. Perhaps we could create a specific thread in the Q&A Forum area dedicated to compiling Sifu's Q&As ? It would be easier to organize as well as to keep track of which Q&As have been compiled and which Q&As are left.

I'm still working through the Cleansing, Building and Nourishing Q&A. I'm re-reading it and noting keywords and phrases as I go, it's taking longer than I thought it would! It's 76 pages so far!

With best regards and Shaolin salute,
        -Chris

Comment

• Dedicated thread is a good idea - you are welcome to create one.

I am compiling all the Q&As as AsciiDoc text - any help would produce more results in less time and would be appreciated.

Basically, proofread and compile the Q&A into a text file with the following structure:

PHP Code:
          Document Title

== Question 1

["quote"attribution="Name of person"]
          ____
          Quote with attribution
          ____

Answer text

More answer text

== Question 2
          ____
          Quote with no attribution
          ____

Answer text 
          The advantage here is keeping the content separate from the presentation / styling. Using this source document I can then readily generate the document as HTML / PDF / EPUB and whatever else is necessary. Should the documents need to be updated (to change the look, for example) this can be done once and applied to all documents.
          George / Юра
          Shaolin Wahnam England

Comment

• Compiling Q&As

Hi George Siheng,

Hahaha, I would've created the dedicated thread myself, but I don't have permission on the Q&A forum area unfortunately.

I think using AsciiDoc would make it easier to compile all the Q&As, could you please post a completed example of what you had in mind? It would also aid in understanding the php code you provided for using AsciiDoc.

Also some of the Q&As are quite long and a table of contents would be helpful, how could one use the AsciiDoc syntax to do this ?

With Shaolin salute and best regards,
            -Chris

Comment

• Ahh, OK - I have added a sticky thread to that section.

Here is the source for the documents above - it really is as simple as the example I provided earlier.

AsciiDoc syntax reference, if you are feeling geeky and want to learn more!
              Last edited by George; 7 January 2015, 12:54 PM.
              George / Юра
              Shaolin Wahnam England

Comment

• Dear George
                Thank you for the Dragon Strength Q&A compilation notes.
                It's awesome and so are you with the work you do online behind the scenes!
                I read the first 7 Q&A leading up to attending the course and now I can look forward to re-reading them with the course still resonating deeply within us.
                Best wishes

Michael

Comment

• Don't give me too much credit - I just got chi'd up at the course, came here, took someone's idea and ran with it!

I've been gone too long...
                  George / Юра
                  Shaolin Wahnam England

Comment

Working...
                  X