No announcement yet.

Stages of cleansing, building and nourishing: 10 Questions to the Grandmaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In response to Mark Siheng's earlier request, I have just caught up with a Q&A from a while back, http://shaolin.org/answers/ans13a/jan13-2.html, and this answer
    Question 3

Previously when I came out of my Horse-Rriding Stance, that would be the end of the session. Now after I have finished my Horse-Rriding Stance I do self manifested chi movement as described in your book, "Complete Book of Shaolin".

— Dan USA

Answer

This is a big kungfu secret. I believe we in Shaolin Wahnam are the first to share this big secret publicly.

In the past, masters shared this secret privately only with a few top students, after the students had proven themselves worthy after many, many years. Over time, this secret was virtually lost. Today, not many people know of this secret. Even those masters who practice this and derive a lot of benefit, i.e. enjoying a chi flow after stance training and developing internal force, might not know of it as a secret They do so as part of their training routine.

This secret is called "yew foong pai lau" (Cantonese pronunciation), which means "flowing breeze swaying willows". If you practice "flowing breeze swaying willows" for a short while after your stance training, you will get more than three times the benefit!
    Based on that, plus the earlier quote I gave, my question is did Sifu develop/discover the art of self manifested chi flow, as hinted in my quote a few posts back, perhaps based on a progression of flowing breeze swaying willows, or are they the same thing, or did other masters also practise this as hinted at in the quote above?

Comment

• Stages of Cleansing, Building and Nourishing - PDF Link

Hi Everyone,

I've managed to compile the Q&A in this thread into a single document. I hope you find it helpful.

The Stages of Cleansing, Building and Nourishing - A4 PDF Document - Link:

Comment

• Hi Chris,

Originally posted by CSwacha View Post
        I've managed to compile the Q&A in this thread into a single document. I hope you find it helpful.
        Thank you for this - it is an awesome Q&A set. Even just glancing through, it looks like Sigung manage to squeeze in most if not all of our core training philosophy, chi kung, kungfu, taijiquan and zen, into this one set of answers. Plenty of really priceless secrets to be found there too!

Also, thank you for sharing the source - I have used it to build my usual set of PDF and EPUB files.

Best wishes,
        Last edited by George; 7 January 2015, 12:52 PM.
        George / Юра
        Shaolin Wahnam England

gate gate pāragate pārasaṁgate bodhi svāhā

Comment

• Hi George Siheng,

It's my favorite Q&A so far and the one I've made the most use out of. I thought it made the most sense to do it first. I love all the priceless bits of information that Sifu included in the answers as well!

Best regards,
          -Chris

Comment

• Thank You

Hey Chris,
            Thank you for putting this together

Peace

Mark
            Sifu Mark Appleford

sigpic

Comment

• Time for a re read!

If you haven't read the Q&A in some time on cleansing, building and nourishing then I can highly recommend you do for two reasons:

1. It will deepen your understanding of your practice (even if you have read it before)
              2. It will save you valuable time in your practice (even if you have read it before)

There are so many gems in this Q&A that it is easy to miss some first or second or even third time around. Plus, since your last reading your knowledge and experience may have also depended, so you will know get more out of re reading it.

If this is your first time then take the time to read it.

Enjoy!
              Tim Franklin

http://www.theguardianlions.co.uk
              A story of finding Courage and Wisdom

www.zenarts.co.uk Classes and Courses for Shaolin Kung Fu, Taijiquan and Qigong in Bognor Regis, Chichester, West Sussex

Fully Alive on Facebook Energy Flow for Health and Happiness

UK Summer Camp Qigong, Taijiquan, Shaolin Kung Fu, Spiritual Cultivation with Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

sigpic

Comment

• PS. I suggest this, because I have just re read the entire Q&A and picked up loads of gems since last time
                Tim Franklin

http://www.theguardianlions.co.uk
                A story of finding Courage and Wisdom

www.zenarts.co.uk Classes and Courses for Shaolin Kung Fu, Taijiquan and Qigong in Bognor Regis, Chichester, West Sussex

Fully Alive on Facebook Energy Flow for Health and Happiness

UK Summer Camp Qigong, Taijiquan, Shaolin Kung Fu, Spiritual Cultivation with Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

sigpic

Comment

• For anyone interested in learning the skills of cleansing, building and nourishing then Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit will be teaching a complete program of courses covering all aspects at this year's UK Summer Camp - 27th June to 5th July 2015. For more details you can look at the Shaolin-training website.

With metta,

Barry
                  Profile at Capio Nightingale Hospital London Click here
                  Chi Kung & Tai Chi Chuan in the UK Fully Alive
                  Fully Alive on Facebook Fully Alive
                  UK Summer Camp 2017 Click here for details
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim View Post
                    If you haven't read the Q&A in some time on cleansing, building and nourishing then I can highly recommend you do for two reasons:

1. It will deepen your understanding of your practice (even if you have read it before)
                    2. It will save you valuable time in your practice (even if you have read it before)

There are so many gems in this Q&A that it is easy to miss some first or second or even third time around. Plus, since your last reading your knowledge and experience may have also deepended, so you will know get more out of re reading it.

If this is your first time then take the time to read it.

Enjoy!
                    Still true today.

With metta,

Barry
                    Profile at Capio Nightingale Hospital London Click here
                    Chi Kung & Tai Chi Chuan in the UK Fully Alive
                    Fully Alive on Facebook Fully Alive
                    UK Summer Camp 2017 Click here for details
                    sigpic

Comment

• yes! still true
                      this link can be used to read the Q&A comfortably in PDF-format
                      Engage and maintain joyful practice!

May all of you get the best benefits from what you do.

Anton Schmick
                      Shaolin Wahnam Germany Nord

shaolinwahnamchina.com
                      http://chikunghamburg.wordpress.com
                      http://shaolinwahnam-nord.de
                      http://kungfu-luebeck.de

Comment

Working...
                      X