Question on Xiaohongquan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Xiaohongquan

I like to ask if Xiaohongquan is combat effective and if anybody knew the combat applications. Please reply. ASAP. Thank you in advance.

Hi.

Please provide an example of Xiao Hong Quan you think relevant.

Please reply. ASAP.
    Is "Please reply. As Soon As Posssible." a phrase you would use after coming inside a kungfu school as a visitor?
    When one door closes, another one opens.

Comment

[quickly] Yes!
      Sifu Anthony Korahais
      www.FlowingZen.com
      (Click here to learn more about me.)

Comment

Questions about forms

Hello, this is Steven. Sorry I have not replied since I was busy with college. On the subject of Xiao Hong Quan, you ask if xiao hong quan is effective. Here is a link to an example of one.

This routine, also called the Mother of 18 Boxing, is basic and compulsory for Shaolin Kungfu beginners. Its stance includes closing step, horse step, arch s...

I like to ask two questions. The first is when I have the opportunity to learn in an Intensive Shaolin Kung Fu Course will Sifu Wong Kiew Kit teach me the applications of Xiao Hong Quan? I know that technically he does not teach it. The second question is, will it be beneficial to keep practicing my wushu forms? It consists of Xiao Hong Quan, Chanquan, and Nanquan. I am well aware that Chanquan and Nanquan were made for performance. Please reply.

Comment

Originally posted by comp52 View Post
          Hello, this is Steven. Sorry I have not replied since I was busy with college. On the subject of Xiao Hong Quan, you ask if xiao hong quan is effective. Here is a link to an example of one.

This routine, also called the Mother of 18 Boxing, is basic and compulsory for Shaolin Kungfu beginners. Its stance includes closing step, horse step, arch s...

I like to ask two questions. The first is when I have the opportunity to learn in an Intensive Shaolin Kung Fu Course will Sifu Wong Kiew Kit teach me the applications of Xiao Hong Quan? I know that technically he does not teach it. The second question is, will it be beneficial to keep practicing my wushu forms? It consists of Xiao Hong Quan, Chanquan, and Nanquan. I am well aware that Chanquan and Nanquan were made for performance. Please reply.
          Hi. I'm not a student of Shifu Wong so I cannot answer as to whether he could teach you the applications of Xiao Hong Quan. I would suppose so as I seem to remember seeing a video of him teaching applications to a Songshan Shaolin form. Given Shifu Wong's wide knowledge of Chinese kung fu he can probably see intuitively what the applications of the form are.

I've never met Shifu Wong but I have seen videos of him and read some of his work and I'm sure if you go on an intensive course with him, even if you don't learn the Xiao Hong apps, you will not come away empty handed. Quite the opposite. Its my understanding that Shifu Wong principally represents Southern Shaolin and as you appear to have done Wushu Nanquan you would probably recognise many of the movements regardless.

However if you do want to learn the Xiao Hong applications there are many people who can teach you e.g. Here you will see a video of Shi Yan Zi demonstrating an application that you should immediately recognise from the form.
          "Isn't it a pleasure to study and practice what you have learned?"--Confucius, the Analects

Comment

Working...
          X