Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video Contest--The Gold Medal Winner Is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Contest--The Gold Medal Winner Is...

This thread is for submissions to the First Wahnam Video Contest. Please post your links here.

Entries: until September 31st

Genre: All genres and styles are welcome: Animation, documentary, action, comedy, drama, educational, slideshow, and of course, kung fu!

Upload your video or videos to youtube, vimeo, or any other accessible site, then submit the link to the video on our forum.

Submit up to five videos;
    Each video must be under five minutes.

For further information see the contest announcement.

Enjoy yourself!
    Last edited by Charles David; 15 July 2016, 12:20 AM. Reason: add link
    Charles David Chalmers
    Brunei Darussalam

Early Bird Special

Well, I hope to be able to concoct something very special by the contest deadline in September, but wanted to cast my lot in for the early entries as well before the time ran out.

Dear all, esteemed judge/s, and Wahnam familia,

Here are two links to very short "action"-y scenes that I filmed and finally have a reason to share.

This first one is a short (VERY short) fight scene on a bridge in my town, with no background story or setup given before the action takes place. 'Starring' myself, my brother, and a very slippery post-rain-shower bridge at 5 AM.

Et voila: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=509avh5cXlc

This second one is a bit of a dramatic "hostage"-style scenario with maybe too much of a visual setup before things get underway. It has some light effects shots and is more home-invasion-meets-trained-homeowner than strict fight-action. It once again features my brother doing his best to act insane and our dear friend and his son. I shot it while we were goofing around at his home between doing some work out or other.

Feast your eyes, and then quickly forget the embarrassing footage! haha : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndTzrgpRJsQ

I hope these work for first submissions, and that they do not disappoint!

Look forward VERY much to what others will post and I hope there is some shred of something here to enjoy!!

Infinite thanks and blessings to all,

Kristian

Comment

Excellent Kristian! Thank you for your movies which have set the bar very high.

Really looking forward to seeing more movies.

All the best,

Kevin

Comment

Thank you for the extremely kind comments!!

I hope there were some enjoyable elements somewhere in my videos

I am also eagerly awaiting what others will post and have begun writing/story-boarding a few ideas for a "final/ultimate" submission to the contest that I hope will be coherent and visually appealing on SOME level at least!

Good luck and chi to all who participate and put their ideas to visual media!!!

Kristian

Comment

Point at Star, Look at Moon

Facebook

"Then how could chi kung overcome diseases where the cause is unknown or when there is no cure? The question is actually incorrect. The expressions "the cause is unknown" and "there is no cure" are applicable only in the Western medical paradigm. The expressions no longer hold true in the chi kung paradigm. In the chi kung paradigm the cause is known, and there is a cure."

-Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Comment

Originally posted by Kristian S. View Post
            Thank you for the extremely kind comments!!

I hope there were some enjoyable elements somewhere in my videos
            ---
            It might be interesting to see how those videos would look if the defender used Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan or Shaolin Kungfu instead. Maybe something for a next video?
            Enjoy some Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan & Qi Gong!

Evening Classes in Zürich
            Weekend Classes in other Swiss locations

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Taichichuan.Wahnam.ch

Comment

Dear Family.

Here are three videos I wanted to share..

Thanks for watching..

Best Wishes,
              Nick

Comment

Hi everyone,

This was my first attempt ever at making a video. Editing is tough job and I think I used substandard tools, but at least I got the work done without too much hassle.

I haven't yet checked what others have made so far, so I'm not sure if I should get ready to be really embarrassed for my effort. EDIT: Yup, they are so much better than mine.

Please let me know what you think, as a brand new director I really would appreciate your feedback. This time I had planned to make a simple video first to test whether I should try something more ambitious for real. It was a nice experience to try juggling multimedia and manage to produce something even if it falls short in terms of high quality entertainment or education.

With sincere respect,
                Olli
                Last edited by understanding; 14 July 2016, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Hi Olli,

You will have to change the privacy settings on your youtube video if we are to access it. Right now, over here, it is set to private and thus unwatchable.

Cheers.
                  Charles David Chalmers
                  Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Dear Charles Sisook,

Thanks for letting me know, it should be visible now! I'm certain that I had originally put the video under public consumption, so there must have been some accidental change while tweaking options in my Youtube account. It's my first time in handling that too, so no surprise there that something like this happened.

With sincere respect,
                    Olli

Comment

Hello Everyone!
                      Here is my entry: Clowning around after my graduation in June, wearing fancy regalia...

Comment

Before it happens what happened with the photo contest, whose deadline I missed due to wanting to get the "best photo ever" (of course impossible to me, given my photo skills ), while I'm editing a couple of shorts I have in mind, I'll submit a couple (not very good though) videos I already edited some time ago:

Here's one shot in a ski resort after several months with no rain/snow:

And another one shot on the motorbike:

Now, I can concentrate on those 2 shorts and see if I can make the deadline

Comment

Although we are not a Wahnam school per se, I have learned from Sifu a lot, both in person and from his writting, and I use lots of it both in my teaching and my own personal practice.

This is a video form our 15th PHK Summer Camp - I have shot the video and edited it myself. Enjoy!

Respect to Sifu and Wahnam family!

Pavel Macek Sifu

Practical Hung Kyun 實用洪拳

sigpic

Comment

Salamanca in a Glimpse

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

All videos looking great. Good job!

I am joining the early submissions with a video of the Salamanca Old City using a technique called Hyperlapse. If you want to fully enjoy, make sure that you watch it in HD. Please enjoy :-)

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santi

Comment

Some great videos that get us started there .
                              I realized when trying this week, I will need a bit more time... photos are easier, but videos are fun.
                              Enjoy some Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan & Qi Gong!

Evening Classes in Zürich
                              Weekend Classes in other Swiss locations

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Taichichuan.Wahnam.ch

Comment

Working...
                              X