Simple stability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple stability

As I have mentioned elsewhere I recently started a chi kung class in a centre in London for men who are making a return to the community. Most of them have spent a considerable time in institutions and they have the triple whammy of direct manifestions of their illness, a sense of confusion around being new into a rushing world, and the lack of confidence and anxiety in themselves that afflicts so many people in this situation.

Last night was a great example of the power of the art we practise to have direct effects on everyday life.

At the end of class one man, coming for the first time, had a big beam on his face. When I asked him to share his experience he said he felt more stable, less likely to fall over, more connected to the ground and it seemed easier for him to form words.

He had had a direct experience of being able to let go, experience a twitching that he generally finds frightening, feeling himself move through it and then develop the beginnings of the skills to come to stillness.

It was wonderful to be part of that experience and being able to transmit the confidence that he can be ok. It was also wonderful to see all of their faces light up on inviting them to enjoy their breathing in ... and their breathing out.

Thanks to all who have kept the essence of this art alive,

Barry
    Profile at Capio Nightingale Hospital London Click here
    Chi Kung & Tai Chi Chuan in the UK Fully Alive
    Fully Alive on Facebook Fully Alive
    UK Summer Camp 2017 Click here for details
    sigpic

Magnificently beautiful and inspiring for all.

Thanks for sharing.

Salutation.

OOOOO
    Gate Gate ParaGate ParaSamGate Bodhi Svaha
    There are no wrong turns. Only wrong thinking on the turns our life has taken.
    - Zen saying
    www.shaolinwahnam.co.uk
    http://london.samye.org/london/
    www.zentreasures.com

Comment

Barry thank you for sharing and most of all for spreading our Arts to all people.

Best wishes Siheng
      Mark

Comment

Working...
      X