Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Regional Wahnam Taijiquan Course in Italy

hello everybody ,

I am not in the Forum often because english is not my mother nguage and also because I am generally happy with my silent ractice .

Anyway , at this moment , I just think it is good to tell my rothers and friends about the first Regional Taijiquan Course that we had in Italy , at Punta Est , Finale Ligure on may 18th 19th and 20th. We had 16 persons ; some of them were my students already , some were students from other schools , and some were beginners .Sifu Wong held the course and I was translating in italian .

We spent the first day applying just two patterns from the 24 -pattern Taiji Set to generate chi flow and develop internal force . The two patterns were " Grasping Sparrow's Tail " and " Lifting Water "

On the second day , we used just one technique , " an " from " Grasping Sparrow 's Tail " for attack and one technique "peng " for defence in Pushing Hands .

On the third day we used just two patterns from the 24-pattern set , namely "Grasping Sparrow's Tail " and " Low Stance Single Whip " , for combat application against all four categories of attack , namely
    striking , kicking , felling and gripping .

After that we used typical Taijiquan techniques against representative
    attacks from Boxers , Karatekas , MuayThai fighters and Wrestlers .

Excepting using "Lazy to Roll up Sleeves " to ward off a Boxer and "Hungry Tiger returns to its Den " to counterattack a Wrestler's " take down " , the other four patterns which we found sufficient for all our defence and counter attacks were taken from the 24-pattern set . The patterns were " Grasping Sparrow' s Tail " ,
    "Low Stance Single Whip " , " White Snake Shoots Venom " and
    " Cross -Hand Thrust Kick " .

All the partecipants were very happy and I was happy too for the result of the course .

Sometimes I read in this Forum interesting discussions about the
    24-pattern set and its potential . Some people say that it is more than enough and some people say that it is almost devoid of martial application potential .

What I can only say , from my direct experience , and from what I have seen in our students , is that I feel very grateful for having been so lucky and have learned these wonderful techniques and I will train my skills in order to get the best results from them .

As Sifu often says , good results come from :

Good Master
    Good Techniques
    Good Students

ciao ciao a tutti
    Attilio
    Shaolin Wahnam Instructor
    Last edited by Sifu; 14 June 2005, 01:54 AM.

Dear Atillio,

It is wonderful to see you posting on the forum and thank you for giving us such a colourful picture of the Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan courses in Italy.

Having organised many courses here in Ireland, what I find hugely satisfying is the look of pure amazement on students faces when Sifu teaches the combat application . It is certainly one of the many WOW's of the Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan courses.

For those who are curious about what we do please check out the many video clips that Sifu has so generously posted on his website:

combat sequences of wahnam tai chi chaun, Shaolin Wahnam, combat sequences of wahnam taijiquan, combat training, kung fu fighting, combat application

And don't forget Sifu will be in beautiful KENT in the UK, in July- www.shaolinwahnam.co.uk/england

Smile from the Heart
    Joan.
    Books don't mean a lot unless you open them, Hearts are the same.......

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
    GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
    ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN
    THE INCREDIBLE 3 DAY INTENSIVE ZEN COURSE .

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
    X