Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Friends And Family,

I hope that you are well and happy.
    I feel honored to receive a reply from Sifu to my previous post as the followings and I am delighted to share it with all of you.

Originally posted by Sifu
    Dear Yumi,

Thank you for your inspiring post on our recent Tantui course in Toronto in our Shaolin Wahnam discussion Forum. As I don't post on the forum, it will be beneficial to many iof our nstructors and students if you can post my reply on the forum on my behalf.

You mention of attending a course with an empty cup and huge respect is very important. Many people, generally not of our school and often without their conscious knowing, attend a course to conform what they think is right to practice. They do not attend with an empty cup and respect. Without meaning to be disrespectful, they think they are smarter than their teacher.

Learning with an empty cup and huge respect contributed much to my development and benefit in kungfu as well as in life. Except when I first learned from Uncle Righteousness, I was quite accomplished when I learned from my other teachers, but I always learned with an empty cup in mind and huge respect for my teachers.

Best regards,
    Sifu.
    I am going to keep it in my mind with respect always.

With shaolin salute with respect,
    Yumi
    Last edited by Andrew; 30 April 2014, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Dear Shaolin Family and Friends,

Some time has already passed since the unforgettable Magic of Shaolin Tantui course, and the memories are vivid and my gratitude to Sifu ever increasing - what a wonderful and life changing course this was!

My deepest thanks to Sifu for his unparalleled generosity, and for sharing enough secrets to practice for a lifetime (and probably more!) My appreciation for the amazing art of Tantui has giga-duple (it's a new word I just made up to mean that it has increased a lot ), and I am beyond excited to uncover all the seeds that have been planted.

Sifu, from my heart, thank you for your abundant generosity, your patience, and for the example of how to live a fulfilling and committed life.

There were many highlights during the course, but one that springs to mind was the applications to daily life that Sifu shared with us. This is, to the best of my knowledge, a unique aspect of Sifu's teaching: how to make our arts benefit everything we do. We do not become just better practitioners of the Shaolin Arts, but better practitioners of life.

Thank you to Sifu, and to all the past masters!

With much gratitude and great respect,

Hubert.
      Hubert Razack
      www.shaolinwahnam.fr
      www.sourireducoeur.fr

Comment

Thank you Tantui Course in Toronto April 2014

Dear Sigung,

Thank you for offering The Magic of Shaolin Tantui in Toronto. It is a course that is still flowing with me. Thank you from my Heart for the many true gifts transmitted that are changing my life. Right from the very beginning of the course and even before the course began the energy of the course is lifting me up in ways that I never thought possible.

One of the experiences that I had in the course is increasing momentum with flow. Thank you so much for the demonstrations shown with joy and the awareness of the three arrivals. It is truly amazing to see applications applied with precision at all levels - applying the techniques and learning and still have time for tea!!! What a mind blowing experience that expands the heart and mind. The laughter and Smile from the Heart at that very moment can break through anything. The energy fills the whole room and overflows.

Thank you for teaching this Art that can only be experienced in the Heart. I have much to learn about being an ‘empty cup’ and am very grateful for the opportunities and experiences that I had in the course. With deep gratitude thank you for keeping Kung Fu alive and flowing. Thank you for coming to Toronto and being a living example of the inner arts and a flowing treasure. My words cannot express all that I have received. Thank you, Sigung! for very step of the methodology that is opening profound perceptions.

I’m very grateful and excited to continue learning in Hawaii with you and the Shaolin Family.
        I’m very grateful for the Enlightened Masters. Thank you!

With much gratitude and great respect,

Marisa

Comment

Deepest Gratitude

Dear Sigung,

I want to express my deepest and most sincere gratitude for a truly special and life-changing Tantui course. Thank you for your generosity in sharing your wisdom and passing on the essence of Tantui and of the Shaolin Arts to all of us.

This was a very important course for me. It helped me deepen my understanding of the Shaolin Arts and how to apply them both in my training and in my daily life.

This course helped bring my spirit out. It showed me how to be brave, enjoy life, and be compassionate and respectful towards others and myself.

I am deeply humbled by Sigung's teachings. There is so much that was given to us by Sigung and now I feel the blessing and responsibility to truly 'live' everything learned and shared with us.

After this course I have even more respect and gratitude for the blessing of learning this arts from Sigung.

My deepest gratitude to Sifu(Emiko) for her time and effort in hosting such a special course here in Toronto.

Thank you Sigung for this very special opportunity. I will continue practicing everything learned both in my daily training and my daily life, always guided by the 10 Shaolin Laws.

With Deep Gratitude and Respect,

Shaolin Greeting,

Carolina

Comment

Thank you very much

Dear Sigung,

I have no words to thank you enough how lucky I feel to have been part of The Magic of Tantui course; without hesitation, this has been one of the most incredible experiences of my life.

After these years of learning the Shaolin Arts, I must say this time was different and very special. The level and depth of understanding of the lessons learned are unprecedented.

I want to express my deepest gratitude for all the knowledge you kindly shared during the course. It is an honor to witness the continuing development of your transmission from the heart.

Thank you dear Sigung for your meaningful teachings about how Kung Fu is a triple cultivation path, that made me want to train harder and with more discipline every day.

I hope to have the opportunity to learn more from you very soon, in the meantime I send my best wishes.

With gratitude and deep respect

Myriam

Comment

Deep Gratitude,

Dear Sigung,

Thank you vey much for your great teachings through The Magic of Shaolin Tantui course in Toronto.
              It was truly honor to learn from Sigung.

There were plenty of wonderful wisdom and love in the course, and I learned very precious treasures for my life.

One of these for me is that "Flow" is the most important thing for everything.

I am trying to concentrate on " flow" physically and also mentally. And I feel that this is a simple, effective way to live in the life with great pleasure.

Sigung, thank you very much again for your generosity of teaching us the diamond skills.

I am really looking forward to seeing you and learning from you in Hawaii in July.

Wishing you and your familly all the best for beautiful days.

Deep gratitude and respect,

Mutsumi

Comment

Dear Sifu,

Thank you so much for coming all the way to Canada to teach us the “Magic of Shaolin Tantui”. True to your word, we were shown secret after secret, not only of Tantui itself, but also of the culmination of Sifu’s vast body of wisdom and experience: never have I seen the colours of both Northern and Southern Shaolin flowing together so effortlessly.

There we were, a motley crew of participants from across the world – ranging in age from the twenties to late sixties, all super excited to finally be learning Shaolin Tantui from Sifu:

Sifu started us off with the very best of his transmissions – Entering Zen; then we were punching and kicking à la ‘northern style’, while taking intermittent dips into chi flow and being shown how to not only take the form of stances, sequences and combat applications, but also how to flow through them with a relaxed focus that enabled the manifestation of internal force in just a matter of three days.

Through Sifu’s teaching, it became clear how other fighting styles outside of Shaolin Kungfu can be superimposed onto the template of kungfu, which then makes them decipherable, less foreign, and much more exploitable.

It was remarkable to witness how juniors/near-beginners sparring opposite instructor-level participants (the former using a chosen sequence and the latter using rapid, non-telegraphed boxing and kick-boxing) could actually hold their ground and press the seniors backwards. Of course, this only happened when the junior used good stances, practised safety first at all times (being ready to receive and deal with any counter hand, foot or felling attack) and moved with the internal flowing force of his/her sequence. Sifu was so kind as to explain how breathing correctly was one of the secrets to achieving this.

Sifu’s timing and spacing was meticulous and breath-takingly precise not only when teaching us combat application, but also in knowing when to pause and tell a story or teach a key principle, so that participants could learn how to ‘connect the dots’ between Shaolin Kungfu and daily life. As Sifu taught us about the value of triple cultivation, so did he physically guide us through its very structure: enabling us to build jing, flow more and more in the chi, and let our spirits break free with the joys of sparring. Truly, we all experienced how Shaolin Kungfu is spiritual.

Dear Sifu, I am honoured to stand as an eye-witness to verify that every single one of us was changed by your teaching during these three days. Fifteen days have passed since the completion of the course, and it is even more wonderful to confirm that the changes continue to last on.

I once asked a past teacher of mine how I could show my sincere gratitude, and the answer I received was: “With your whole heart, train.”

For all the treasures you have shared with us, thank you. Though many of us may not yet understand the full depth and magnitude of the gifts you have given us, one thing we are committed to do is to train with our whole hearts. We hope that by doing so, we can absorb your teachings bit by bit and enjoy living the many benefits they bring.

Thank you, Sifu!
                Thanks be also to the Divine, and true masters past and present.

Shaolin salute – with gratitude, love and respect,

Emiko
                Emiko Hsuen
                www.shaolinwahnam.jp
                www.shaolinwahnam.ca

INTENSIVE & SPECIAL COURSES -- PENANG 2018
                Taught by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit
                4th generation successor of the Southern Shaolin Monastery
                Small and Big Universe Course: Nov 21 to 25
                Becoming a Shaolin Wahnam Kungfu Practitioner: Nov 26 to Dec 2
                Cultivating Spirit Nourishing Energy: Dec 2 to Dec 8
                Intensive Chi Kung Course: Dec 9 to Dec 13
                To apply, send email to: secretary@shaolin.org

Comment

Dear Sigung,

Thank you very much for giving us the opportunity to learn the Magic of Shaolin Tuntui from you in Toronto this time.
                  I would like to express to you my deepest gratitude for all your precious knowledge.

Thanks to Sigung's great teachings, I was able to understand more about your treasure Shaolin Arts and also had many wonderful experiences during the course.

I am really grateful to you for giving us true heart and true essences of Tantui with smile from the heart.

I was full of energy, joy and peace during the course.

I have been training what I leaned from Sigung with great gratitude and joy since then.

Sigung, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.

Great gratitude and much respect,

Naoko

Comment

Thank you very much to Sigung for your" Magic of Tantui " course

Dear Sigung

Tank you very much for visiting Canada and teaching us "Magic of Tantui " course.
                    Sigung's Tantui course was full of gifts from Sigung's whole life training experience.
                    I am very hornoured to learn the Shaolin Arts passed down from past Masters to Sigung to us.

Personally,I almost gave up attending the course because of my health condition.
                    But during the course I was surprized that I could move well, jump and be able to learn Sigung's "Magic of Tantui".

I felt Sigung's energy filled the room, filled Toronto and much more. And felt Sigung's huge energy & love for all of us.
                    Thank you so much for raising our energies and our spirits up.
                    Thanks to Tantui & Chi kung I have energy and I can keep up my my health.

Wishing Sigung a wonderful year.

Gratitude, Respect,

Suelen

Comment

Dear Family and Friends,

I just saw that Sifu started to post a series of videos from the course: http://shaolin.org/video-clips-3/sha...se-review.html

It is wonderful to relive some memorable moments of the course! It also gives a nice taste of the course and of the profundity of Tantui for anyone who could not attend.

Incidentally, the videos give out many high level secrets, from how to flow, how to build force through flow, to how to apply all of the former in combat (all in the first six videos )

Actually, the first 10 seconds of the first video are by themselves worth the price of the whole course!

Thank you Sifu for your generosity and for sharing these videos for posterity.

With much gratitude, love, and respect,

Hubert.
                      Hubert Razack
                      www.shaolinwahnam.fr
                      www.sourireducoeur.fr

Comment

Islands in a Stream of Gratitude

Dear Sifu, and Family and Friends,

Nearly a month has passed since I had the privilege of participating in the Magic of Shaolin Tantui course and yet, as my fingers move to type this post, I can feel in my every cell the resonance of the wealth of teaching that Sifu passed on to the particpants of that course. I still feel energy that swept through the room when Sifu entered with an exuberance I'd not seen before, and began teaching almost immediately. I still feel the excitement that bubbled up in myself; that echoed in my fellow attendees from Sifu's first words. I still feel the wonder at seeing how Sifu's teaching methodology has, amazingly, continued to evolve and continued to produce almost unbelievable results in such a short time. (Those needing "hard" evidence need only consider how all particpants were able to acquit themselves well in sparring, when some of them had very little in the way of a formal martial background.)

Most of all, I still feel awe at the profundity that lies behind the Tantui Sequences, their application, and most of all, how the genuine practice of Tantui (and this also applies to all the Shaolin arts) is Triple Cultivation. This latter point was, for myself at the very least, the greatest of the many secrets that Sifu so generously shared. This course certainly was, as Sifu described it in the weeks leading up to it, "historic."

Thank you, Sifu, for giving a course that took me well beyond the understanding of Kungfu and the Shaolin arts that I had cultivated up to this point. Thank you, Sifu, for creating an environment in which to experience the challenges, wonders, joys, and, of course, the Magic of Shaolin Tantui.

Thanks are also due to Emiko Sije for all her hard work in organizing the course and in ensuring that the participants were prepared to give their best in order to get the best out of the course. Your efforts, Sije, set the stage for the Magic to happen.

Thanks also to the particpants -- it was a joy and privilege to work with each and every one of you.

Thanks to the Divine and to all the masters past and present for their blessings.

With deep gratitude,
                        Yours, humbly,

Pierre
                        Last edited by Pierre; 20 May 2014, 08:46 AM. Reason: Grammar fixation
                        The Buddha taught that there is no abiding self. To me, this is a wonderful truth... largely because I can't abide the selves of most other people.

Comment

Deepest Gratitude

Dear Sigung

Thank you very much for great teaching Magic of Shaolin Tantui in Toronto.

It would be an honor to learning it from Sigung directly for me.

Thank you very much for this very special opportunity.

It is the treasure in my life.

I really appreciate Sigung from my heart.

I look forward to learning from Sigung again in July in Hawaii .

Great gratitude and Great respect

kyoko

Comment

Great Graitiude

Dear Sigung,

I would like to extend my sincere thanks for teaching me the essence of Tantui and
                            Shaolin Arts at the Tantui Course in Toronto last month.

I learned that all of Tantui and Shaolin Arts is linked to everyday life which was truly a great discovery for me and brought me great joy.

I was very much moved by your sincere attitude in dealing with any person ,giving all that you have and constantly smiling from the heart.
                            Thank you so much for teaching me that which is most important in living as human being.

I would like to continue with my training ,always remembering to smile from the heart, taking good care of myself and thanking everyone around me.

Thank you again for the most amazing Tantui Course.

With great gratitude and deeply respect,

Miyuki

Comment

My deepest gratitude

Dear Sifu,

It is with my deepest gratitude and admiration for all that you taught us at the Tantui Course. I continue to remember all the incredible teachings and apply them to my daily life and my martial arts training. Your teachings were profound, and how you taught all of us, always mindful of all our different levels and stages was an incredible gift to be able to witness.

I especially enjoyed how you answered all of our questions...your answers were always so amazing and always so much more than one could ever expect. It was an honour to be able to learn from such a gifted teacher. The course was exciting, challenging, inspiring and full of so many wonderful moments.

Thank you for showing us the potential of our training, the wonderful demonstrations and truly what it means to smile from the heart.

With deepest respect and gratitude,
                              Jinne

Comment

Dear Sigung

Thank you from my heart for the opportunity to experience The Magic of Shaolin Tanuti Course in Toronto.The whole experience was for me a dream coming true.

I never imagine at 51 learning such an amazing art from such an amazing master.

I was deeply touched by your generosity and wisdom and I will always honor and be grateful toward your unconditional gift.

For the first time in my life I experienced for a few seconds what it feels to have almost no thoughts.Thank you Sigung from my heart for planting the seeds that will continue to grow and I will continue to treasure.

Your wisdom, outstanding skills and generosity regarding the Shaolin arts is a celebration of joy and real knowledge that I wish will continue to travel generation through generation.

The organization of the course, team work and level of respect created the perfect space for me to deeply learn and honor Sigungs teachings.
                                Thank you Sifu.

Dear Sigung I will humbly like to share some of the things I learned during the course:

I learned the importance of attending a course with faith, humbleness
                                and an open heart.

I Learned that it does not matter what your level or skills are, there are always challenges to overcome and if we let go of fear and extra thoughts, we will flow much better and it will be easier for the student to retain the teaching.

I experienced the power of transformation of this amazing art where your spirit wakes up and your body heals and rejuvenates much faster.

I experienced during the course a deeper level of awareness and internal force.I will continue to smile from the heart and practice everyday this wonderful art.

I can not wait for Hawaii to continue to learn and receive your teachings.

Thank you Sigung for sharing such special teaching.
                                The whole course was an amazing gift.

With lots of Respect, Joy and Gratitude

Shaolin Greetings

Katia

Comment

Working...
                                X