Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taoist Wang Liping - Opening the Dragon Gate

Nihao!

I had the honor of studying for a short time in Malaysia with Sifu. I was primarily interested in Qi gong (chi) but was impressed with the "real" gong fu of Sifu. I was initially caught off guard with the reasoning of the book on Tai Chi which stated...and don't quote me here.."if your doing tai chi without using your chi; your just doing a dance". Well, that hit the point well.

I could go on....but the path continues. I at times felt that while in Malaysia I might have because of my "western" ignorance somehow insulted or did something that might have shown what a moron I was....if I did...thanks to Sifu for being the wise and wonderful man he is.

Okay....I have been searching for information concerning a Wang Liping of the Dragon Gate Sect (Dragon Pai). I am sure many of you have read the book - "Opening the Dragon Gate". Wang Liping is the Eighteenth Transmitter of this sect. Any information concerning this person or students etc would be greatly appreciated! There is very little concerning him. I feel that during the 80's the teaching of Qi gong, etc was more open in China. The students are few and far between now.

I have noticed that Sifu has mentioned Wang Liping? Please advise.

Thanks,

Jak

I have noticed that Sifu has mentioned Wang Liping? Please advise.

Thanks,

Jak

Where did SIfu mention this?

Comment

I don't know much about Wang Liping, but I remember in Sifu Wong's book, "The Art Of Chi Kung", on pg. 134, Master Wong mentions the demonstration Wang Liping gave in 1986 where he summoned hundreds of squirrels to a Chi Kung training center in Beijing with his qigong. I've never read the Dragon's Gate book, but I have much admiration and interest in Complete Reality school Taoism and Dragon Gate Sect Taoism.

Aaron
      Last edited by Andrew; 24 April 2006, 06:42 AM. Reason: User request
      "The nine energies are necessary for immortality, but they are not something for any person to be allowed to come in contact with or hear about. The populus common, in their unending worry, their concern is only with riches and honors. They may well be called walking corpses." - Ge Hong

Comment

Hi Jak,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry, but I don't know much about master Wang Liping. I've been meaning to read his book for a while, but have not yet done so. Thanks for reminding me.

From what little I know about the book and about master Wang, I'm guessing that he'll be difficult to find. Those of us who have learned from Sifu Wong often forget that not all masters are so easy to find.

Please let us know if you find anything.

Best,
        Sifu Anthony Korahais
        www.FlowingZen.com
        (Click here to learn more about me.)

Comment

not much

I studied with a student of Wang Lipeng who was in the US for a short time period and the instruction was in form correction in taijiquan and what is now called qigong today. Whether the student was a disciple or not (he stated he was not), his understanding and vision far exceed mine.

The clampdown on falunggong caused many qigong masters to go 'underground' or move elsewhere so even the more well known had to keep a low profile. As I am not in Beijing, I do not know the extent of this 'crackdown' but everyone has walked quietly and hid the big stick of fame and press fervour.

Comment

Taoist Wang Liping - Opening the Dragon Gate

Good Day! Every one!

First thank you very much Jak for this wonderful thread!

Second I really recommend to Sifu Antonius and to my friend Aaron to please read the book: Opening the Dragon Gate of Wang Liping! This book I have get to the library here in Sweden but like many others books they chose not to put the book so every one could read it, so now I don't know where the book are, like many others book that I have get them, well no more I'm going to get books to them! Any way I have buy the book Opening the Dragon Gate of Wang Liping on Spanish and is so good that is a must even when it have many hard and difficult things to understand about Tao for beginnings!

Have a nice day- Bye

Comment

Hi!

Wang Liping was born in 1949 and he meet the Celestials Immortals the first time in 1962. A amazing feel I always get when I read this moment! When he saw them for the first time I believe he must been feel like wow these peoples are like Gods, this is one of my favorite part of the book!

Bye

Comment

Originally posted by HugoDarien
                Second I really recommend to Sifu Antonius and to my friend Aaron to please read the book: Opening the Dragon Gate of Wang Liping!
                My apologies to you dear Sifu Anthony Korahais, and to you dear friend Aaron!

Because I forget to tell you that this was not a order from me to you, to read the book!

It just I feel so good to communicate whit you Members of the forum ( and guess, if they want, or can) about this wonderful book: Open The Dragon Gate!

After the ceremony marking the formal initiation of Wang Liping as the eighteenth-generation Transmitter of the Dragon Gate branch of Taoism. He was given the Taoist name Yongsheng, which means Eternal Life, and the religious name Linglingzi, which means the Spiritually Effective One!

Thanks! Regards ~ Hugo

Comment

Hi!

Amazing and strange that in the same time that this school that have many secrets teachings of Taoism, Buddhism, and Confucianism was invented, where when the was a big war in china whit Genkis Kan!

Dear Friends what a mind power these Celestials Immortals have! They can disappear even in sunshine, they could heal Wang Liping ( who they found it whit many hours of deep Meditation and a book) when they where just talking!

And that they could pay attention to Wang Liping even when they where long away from him!

Thanks!

Comment

Hi!

If you have read the book: Opening the Dragon Gate - You would see this History, that I wonder if Immortal Changchun meet a angel or a Celestial immortal or such persons that are put here in earth by God until HE ( God) came back to earth, when he was in the cave many days and could not go out because it was a strong snow storm! Or if he saw a illusion that a person give him food!

Any Comments, I myself feel more like it was a Angel, that came to the cave and give him food!

THANKS

Comment

Hello HugoDarien ,

I am sorry I did not reply sooner. Yes, I understand that you didn't mean to command me to read the book. I don't plan on buying it any time soon, as it's not of highest priority right now. I am not surprised to hear of such masters who can heal and have all sorts of extraordinary powers. In Master Who Embraces Simplicity, Ko Hung mentions several people like that, and also in his Shenxian Zhuan (Records of Immortals), Ko Hung mentions The Master With Yellow Pupils who was able to cure people very far away. All he would need was the name, and wouldn't need to see the person's body.

Aaron
                      "The nine energies are necessary for immortality, but they are not something for any person to be allowed to come in contact with or hear about. The populus common, in their unending worry, their concern is only with riches and honors. They may well be called walking corpses." - Ge Hong

Comment

Originally posted by beggarsu
                        I don't plan on buying it any time soon, as it's not of highest priority right now.The Master With Yellow Pupils who was able to cure people very far away. All he would need was the name, and wouldn't need to see the person's body.Aaron
                        Good Day my friend Aaron! I understand that the book it's not of highest priority right now for you! Well you can read my comments of the book so far!

Wow The Master With Yellow Pupils was a amazing one! The technique reminds me of a Technique that is not use anymore here in Sweden as longer I know because I speak whit a family member of that Cult that could heal wounds just by know when the person was born and his or her name! The scripture is now in a bank vault ( to keep Secret)

THANKS Regards~Hugo

Comment

Hello HugoDarien ,

Yes, I can read your comments for now, and I have been enjoying them . Yeah, that sounds like the distance qi healing of these masters. That's very interesting, I don't know very much about the energy arts of Sweden.

Looking forward to more of your comments ,
                          Aaron

Comment

Good Day - my friend Aaron! Is so great to talk whit you, I bow!

Well I forget to tell you to that this cult used a very secret old Mantra to heal wound, the wounds sometimes where very deep, like a man that cut almost all his ram when he was working in the wood, but the blood stopped, in fact the things that this cult do whit this mantra was to stoop blood when wounds have happens, the man that call this well known woman say his name and the date he was born then amazing the blood stop immediately, so he when to the hospital, and they just sew the wound, This old lost art where used more by womans, maybe they where witch at the beginning!

Well may the good be whit you always, yes always!

PS. I hope you enjoy the pictures! My bows to your teacher and your family!
                            Last edited by HugoDarien; 21 July 2006, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Good Day! Friend Aaron and everybody!

Here are my final comments about the book: Opening the Dragon Gate!

They have techniques to control humans begins and they have a training there Wang Liping could remember many memories of his childhood that he didn’t knew at that time, he saw so many memories of many years and only in 4 hours! He could also see his body organs and all inside: the bones, the forms of the organs, their colour, and could even take the organs out of the body and massage them and could se if there where some disease, whit just looking even if the person is not present.

They said that small animals have mysterious energies that they work whit! Sometimes the snake dances when they worked whit it, and they have training that make the mind 10 or even 1000 times better that before. He could know the day and hours of the moth even when he was in a dark room many days!

In the book they talk much about Chinese medicine and about a man that used to eat only seed of dates in 5 or 10 years and some one could hold their respiration like if they where death for 100 days or even a year! They said also that there where some people that could be whit out eating in 3 years (I wonder if they drank something then)

They used something like the horse riding stance walking, whit water in the head.

Wang Liping could even do so that the time, space, feels, senses, imagination, didn’t exist and disappeared in the mind, body and brain and could sit on totally silence and quite whiteout moving for days and nights, when he was 14 years old he did that in 28 days then he died, and after that time he have died many times! He explains how life is there and that there is no return to earth once again if you stay longer there!

They prepare a Golden Pill in a special mountain, and that should be prepare whit no more than 3 people, and Wang Liping must fast 100 before take it and baths in perfume water, and be pure and clean and not spend time with vulgar peoples. And people that didn’t knew nothing about the way should know that you do that gold pill. They protected the ceremony whit talisman. After many days when Wang Liping took the gold pill, his energy gates of the body where free and open, so he didn’t need to use his mouth or nose to breath, because he only need it a slow move of the abdomen so that the energy of the sky and earth could enter his body through his pores of the skin.

Is amazing that they cry together because Wang Liping must go to the City to work, but they knew that that was necessary, in that moment a cloud came and the 3 wizards disappeared!

The best thing for me of all in the book is that this Immortals fought for survive in any kind of circumstance and that they took care about each other no matter what! That’s life men!

Here I end my comments about the book (That I have no longer, because I feel that I know the stories very well in my memories) whit some words of the book:

Vitality, Energy and Spirit, elixirs of Immortality, are complete within quietude, effective in enlightenment, riding in a phoenix you hear the summons of Heaven.

Good Bye!

Comment

Working...
                              X