PDA

View Full Version : Shakti Mantras: Tapping into the Great Goddess Energy Within

DarkCosmoz
3rd January 2008, 09:14 PM
Greetings folks!

I recently read a book by Thomas Ashley-Farrand called "Shakti Mantras". These mantras are part of the Hindu tradition to achieve anything you may wish for in life.

For example, one mantra presented in this book comes from the Goddess Radha: Om Parama Prema Rupaya Namaha. This mantra has the power to attract the highest form of Divine Love into your life (meaning if you are single and recite this 108 times everyday, you will attract a mate).

The mantra Om Shrim Maha Lakshmiyei Namaha attracts all types of abundance into your life, whether it is wealth, food, or beauty.

There is a mantra of the Goddess Kali presented in the book that is quite powerful and speeds up your spiritual progress with the cost of causing turmoil and upheavals in your life. The author does not further elaborate how or why. But further research indicates that this mantra specifically awakens the kundalini energy in your spine! The turmoil would make sense since the Kundalini energy would clean out any karma and debris in your body and soul. Very interesting and powerful stuff!

After reading this book, I did further researching on mantras for intellectual pleasure. It lead me to this video:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a6lMdYSE-I&feature=related
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UThqugN-Q8c&feature=related

Here, the Vedic priest talks about the power of the KLEEM mantra, and how if recited, it can attract all forms of material wealth as well as women into your life.

Another video by the same priest talks about removing karma with a specific mantra: http://youtube.com/watch?v=sdZFz95ucLk

Anyway, getting back to the book, I highly recommend it for anyone who is thinking of alternative ways to changing their life for the good.

Thank you.
Stephen

Omar
4th January 2008, 10:40 AM
Hi, thanks for the links.

Although I have no doubt mantras coupled with intention and action can bring results, I'm having a very hard time accepting just reciting mantras with a given end result will lead somwhere. I remember once a friend of mine when seeking his spiritual path once ended up in a room with some people watching some videos; these videos told that if you repeated mantra X everyday, at least Y times, they would bring you money/mate/power/spiritual growth/car/house/happiness/bottle of whiskey/flowers in your garden.

When my friend inquired wether spiritual growth actually demanded hard work like sitting meditation, he was ridiculed for suggesting something so outlandish and "new age". This from people who desperately believed just reciting words X times a day would bring forth miracles. :)

Andrea
4th January 2008, 01:41 PM
Hi Stephen

The number of technics and practices across all cultures to achieve extraordinary results is such that you might spend your entire life discovering each day a more spectacular one ;) . However what they all have in common is that to see whether they work and achieve results one needs to practice them :) . Finding a new one a day might give you every time the intellectual kick of "wow this is cool" but will not bring results. So how about choosing one, preferably one that has been used and practiced by a reliable person and try it for yourself ?

With respects to "mantras". Simple sentences/prayers/praises which are repeated many times, are present in most religions, allthought many people do not realize this. My own experience is that when chosen wisely and with good intent they can change our focus and person and thus bring many benefits.

Andrea

DarkCosmoz
4th January 2008, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.

Omar,

This from people who desperately believed just reciting words X times a day would bring forth miracles.

I honestly believe that repeating the mantra, whether out loud or silently, with sincerity, humbleness and intention will work its intended effect. Sifu Wong on his Q&A series states that if you recite the mantra "Namo Kuan Shi Yin Pu Sa", you will instantly receive help and blessings from Kuan Yin. I believe this to be true. However, I don't believe that Kuan Yin will respond if someone just recites her mantra a few times nonchalantly without any intention or sincerity.

According to the book, "Sanskrit is an energy-based language first and meaning-based language second." The Sanskrit alphabet consists of 50 letters, each letter corresponding to a petal of our energy chakras in the body. So by chanting a mantra with intention and sincerity, you actually slowly but surely change your vibrational frequencies, thereby attracting different things and karma into your life.

Hi Andrea,

So how about choosing one, preferably one that has been used and practiced by a reliable person and try it for yourself ?

I have already picked 2 mantras and began chanting them 108 times silently for the past few days. I can feel an energy build up from within already... it feels different from the energy I get by practicing chi kung. I'll let you guys know of the results in due time!

Thanks,
Stephen

DarkCosmoz
7th May 2008, 11:09 PM
Greetings Shaolin-Wahnam members!

I know I haven't been active for a while now, but I still continue to peruse this forum during my leisure time.

I would like to start off by saying that chanting Sanskrit mantras have definitely changed my life in various subtle ways. Unlike high-level qigong, the Vedic mantras presented in this book are safe to practice. If a syllable is slightly mispronounced, its effects aren't detrimental since it is your sincere intentions that count. I believe Anthony Korahais stated this same principle elsewhere in this forum with regards to chanting 'Om Mani Padme Hum.'

However, there are another class of extremely powerful mantras that require the supervision of qualified gurus and therefore are not presented in this book or any other books available to the public. Thomas-Ashley Farrand gave an example of someone chanting a powerful Native American mantra incorrectly, crippling himself physically for life!

I experimented chanting with different mantras:

Lakshmi (Goddess of Wealth and Abundance)
Durga and Chamundi (Goddess of Divine Protection and Destruction of Negative Forces)
Kali (A fiercer aspect of Durga and Chamundi)
Lalitha (The Feminine Goddess of a Thousand Powers)

Lakshmi

In the beginning, I chanted Lakshmi's mantra for only 108 times a day. I wasn't sure what kind of abundance I wanted. Clearly, this wasn't enough because the results were taking too long to manifest. I may also have had karmic issues that the mantra was burning off.

I moved on to other mantras, and decided to pick and chant one all day long...

Durga and Chamundi

* The Durga and Chamundi mantras are wonderful for becoming more confident and purging oneself of negative forces. In Vedic mythology, Durga is a Goddess who is extremely sensual and beautiful to her devotees but terrible and frightening to anyone trying to harm her devotees (Chamundi, by the way, is the more fierce aspect of Durga). Durga is depicted as riding a tiger with countless weapons of destruction in her many hands.

The metaphoric demons that they help the Gods battle are really negative forces found within yourself (jealousy, anger, lust, etc.) I found that chanting this mantra over time caused me to have mild fits of rage and jealously. Once it was over, I felt much better about my self. This I believe, was a purging effect of the mantra. Other people have experienced the same.

Kali

Kali is often depicted as a scary Goddess, with skulls hanging around her neck and blood dripping out of her mouth. However, like Durga, she also helped the Gods combat the demon forces that threatened the foundation of the universe. To know more about her, do a search on Google.

Her mantra essentially awakens the kundalini at the base of the spine. In fact, her mantra forcefully awakens it, causing turmoil in your everyday life. Kali symbolizes the ruthless and scary death of the old, and rejuvenation of the new. I chanted her 15 syllable mantra for about 1.5 weeks. During that period, I felt like I was dying everyday! At the same time though, I could also feel the energy at the base of my spine awakening and tingling (different sensation from chi).

Lalitha (Tripura-Sundari)

Following the Kali experience, I decided I needed a gentler approach. Lalita is a goddess described as having 1000 powers (1000 really means countless). She is portrayed as very beautiful, erotic and playful. She is also a kundalini awaker as well, but people probably like the feeling of her playful and loving energy better than Kali's.

I have been chanting the base Lalita mantra for a while now, and I feel her protection and presence everywhere I go. I also feel shakti energy blazing at the base of my spine.

I have noticed that chanting Lalita's mantra also fulfilled a lot of my wishes that I have had in the past. Lalita has countless forms, and one of her form, I later researched, is Kamaeshvari: the fulfiller of desires.

Because she is also described as young, beautiful and playful, I noticed that chanting her mantra attracts a lot of young beautiful women with the same energy! In fact, I believe the same is true with other mantras. However, I have been chanting Lalita's the longest to notice the effects.

I have more to share, but I have to go to my last final exam for now. I am graduating this year from college!

Kind regards,
Stephen

Andrew R
7th May 2008, 11:50 PM
Stephen,

Thanks for all the great info! I'll definitely have to start being better with using mantras while I have time over the summer break. I've been consistent with giving homage to Guan Yin, but some more lady-attracting-energy would be helpful. :p Can't wait to hear more of your experiences!

Andrew

Ray
8th May 2008, 02:39 AM
Hey Stephen,
Thanks for sharing your experience. And congratulations on almost finishing college.

Best,

Ray

Martin Do
8th May 2008, 12:53 PM
Hello everyone,

I have started a week ago to devote some time everyday to spiritual cultivation which involves amongst other things reciting the Heart Sultra a couple of times and chanting the name of the great compassionate buddha Amitabha.

This is therefore all very new to me. However, I do think it is very important though that whatever we wish to achieve from chanting mantras that it should be good and noble reasons.

I enjoy my spiritual cultivation practice very much every day now. The part of it that I enjoy the most at the moment is the passing on of merits to others after reciting the Heart Sutra and chanting Amitabha Buddha's name.

Best wishes

Martin

Joel
9th May 2008, 08:07 AM
Hi Stephen,

I have to admit when you made the first post and I saw Vedic priests and Goddesses mentioned I sort of lost interest. Since then I suppose my own practice has developed and on reading your last post, which is really well written by the way, I'm quite curious. I think I might have to read this book. Thanks for taking the time out from study to post the info, really fascinating. I also wish you success with your exams, are you reciting a mantra specifically to help with this?

Martin I'm really happy for you and that you are enjoying your spiritual cultivation passing on merits to others is rewarding in so many ways. The old saying "there is more happiness in giving than receiving" is certainly true.
One quick question, do you recite the Heart Sutra in Sanskrit, English, other?

All the best,

Joel

Martin Do
9th May 2008, 08:52 AM
Hi Joel,

With the Heart Sultra I am reciting it in English at the moment. I did intend on reciting the sutra in Chinese initially. However, I find Sigung's generous translation in his book The Complete Book of Shaolin very comfortable and flowing to recite. On this basis I feel I will be reciting the sutra in English for a while.

Kindest regards

Martin

DarkCosmoz
9th May 2008, 09:22 PM
Thank you for the well-wishes and replies everyone!

I enjoy my spiritual cultivation practice very much every day now. The part of it that I enjoy the most at the moment is the passing on of merits to others after reciting the Heart Sutra and chanting Amitabha Buddha's name.

Very nice! I hope to hear some of your experiences!

Thanks for taking the time out from study to post the info, really fascinating. I also wish you success with your exams, are you reciting a mantra specifically to help with this?

I didn't recite a mantra to help with my exams, but I did pray for help that I pass successfully. There is, however, a mantra for achieving academic success and is supposedly commonly used by Hindu parents on their kids in India.

It is Saraswati's mantra: Om Eim Saraswatyei Swaha
(Om I'm Sara-Swat-Yay Swaha)

DarkCosmoz
20th May 2008, 03:08 AM
Another of Lalita's 1000 names and mantra is:
Om Kama Dayinyei Namaha (Om Kah-mah Dah-Yeen-Yay Nah-mah-hah)

She Who Grants All Wishes

To use this mantra, focus on what you desire and chant this mantra as much as possible.

Kind regards,
Stephen

Ray
4th June 2008, 05:45 PM
Hi Stephen,
My experience with the Lalitha mantra has been rewarding and very powerful. The energy generated is particularly nourishing and fulfilling to me. Thank you so much for sharing these so openly.

Best,

Ray

DarkCosmoz
6th June 2008, 02:10 PM
Hi Ray,

Not a problem! Lalita as well as the other goddesses mentioned previously are all part of the same universal power but manifested differently. In Vedic traditions, power is equated with the feminine. Consciousness is equated with the masculine. One without the other will render our universe in an inanimate state. The idea of fire is masculine, but the actual power behind the fire is feminine.

Thomas-Ashley Farrand states that kundalini energy is most often awake in women as well as most females in the animal kingdom. Women after all need to protect their young. For the guys here, I'm sure you have seen the look of death in your girlfriend or wife's eyes that would make you back down no matter how big you are. :)

Lalita is the primal power of the universe. However, She is manifested as a young, beautiful and playful goddess whose countless powers are accessible through mantra chanting as well as various forms of worship (ie fruit offering). Kali, Chamundi, Durga, Lakshmi, etc. are all different manifestations of Lalita.

A few weeks ago when I was glancing through Lalita's 1000 names/mantras, a friend and I stumbled upon a mantra that surprised us both. This name/mantra is found in Vashikaran mantras. Vashikaran is the art of attracting, influencing and controlling people (do a Google search to find some information).

In one of his hard-to-find spiritual healing books, Sant Keshavada mentions this mantra as one that is useful in attracting people and eventually the whole world to you. But he warns of the karmic effects against misusing this blessing. It's interesting to note that this mantra is found buried in the middle of a healing book. He was clever in doing so since many people chasing this kind of power wouldn't bother looking at a spiritual healing book.

Kind regards,
Stephen

DarkCosmoz
6th June 2008, 02:12 PM
Also, FYI, tantric sex was often performed in hopes of having the woman's energy awaken the man's. However, this often was not the case and I believe it may have been a deviation from traditional practices.

Ray
7th June 2008, 01:28 AM
Hi Stephen,
I'm not an expert but I think you can draw a similar conclusion with Taoist sexual practices. Generally speaking they are considered deviant, especially the ones that drain the female's life energy for the male's benefit.

When you mention Lalita's thousand names do you mean the Lalita Sahasranama? I can say from direct experience that it is extremely powerful. I remember chanting it for the first time and being shocked by the amount of energy gathering. It was enormous

Warmest regards,

Ray

Andrew R
7th June 2008, 02:49 AM
Hey hey,

Thanks to the advice of my Sisook Ray, I'm going to beging reciting the Medicine Buddha Mantra. But, there were a few Sanskrit pronunciations that I could use some help with. I would really appreciate it if anyone could provide a "how-to-pronounce" guide for these words:

BHEGHANDZE

KSHETRA

That's it!

Big thanks
Andrew

DarkCosmoz
7th June 2008, 07:29 AM
When you mention Lalita's thousand names do you mean the Lalita Sahasranama? I can say from direct experience that it is extremely powerful. I remember chanting it for the first time and being shocked by the amount of energy gathering. It was enormous

Yes actually. I believe the 1000 names do in fact come from the Lalita Sahasranama. Congrats on the experience!

Thanks to the advice of my Sisook Ray, I'm going to beging reciting the Medicine Buddha Mantra. But, there were a few Sanskrit pronunciations that I could use some help with. I would really appreciate it if anyone could provide a "how-to-pronounce" guide for these words:

I have no idea actually how to pronounce these words. It's best to find an audio format and listen to it first... I bought some CDs from Mr. Farrand before chanting my mantras.

FYI, here are some of Lalita's names:

1. OM sri-matre namaha - She who is the auspicious Mother.
2. OM sri-maha-rajnyai namaha - She who is the Empress of the Universe.
3. OM srimat-simhasan'esvaryai namaha - She who is the queen of the most glorious throne.
4. OM cid-agni-kunda-sambhutayai namaha - She who was born in the fire-pit of Pure Consciousness.
5. OM deva-karya-samudyatayai namaha - She who is intent on fulfilling the wishes of the gods
6. OM udyad-bhanu-sahasrabhayai namaha - She who has the radiance of a thousand rising suns.
7. OM catur-bahu-samanvitayai namaha - She who is four-armed.
8. OM raga-svarupa-pasadhyayai namaha - She who is holding the rope of love in Her hand.
9. OM krodha-kar'ankus'ojjvalayai namaha - She who shines, bearing the goad of anger.
10. OM mano-rup'eksu-kodandayai namaha - She who holds in Her hand a sugarcane bow that represents the mind.
11. OM pancha-tanmatra-sayakayai namaha - She who holds the five subtle elements as arrows.
12. OM nij'aruna-prabha-pura-majjad-brahmanda-mandalayai namaha - She who immerses the entire universe in the red effulgence of Her form.
13. OM campak'asoka-punnaga-saugandhika-lasat-kacayai namaha - She whose hair has been adorned with flowers like campaka, ashoka, punnàga and saugandhika.
14. OM kuruvinda-mani-sreni-kanat-kotira-manditayai namaha - She who is resplendent with a crown adorned with rows of kuruvinda gems.
15. OM astami-candra-vibhrajadalika-sthala-sobhitayai namaha - She whose forehead shines like the crescent moon of the eighth night of the lunar half-month.
16. OM mukha-candra-kalankabha mrganabhi-visesakayai namaha - She who wears a musk mark on Her forehead which shines like the spot in the moon.
17. OM vadana-smara-mangalya-grha-torana-cillikayai namaha - She whose eyebrows shine like the archways leading to the house of Kàma, the god of love, which Her face resembles.
18. OM vaktra-laksmi-parivaha-calan-minabha-locanayai namaha - She whose eyes possess the luster of the fish that move about in the stream of beauty flowing from Her face.
19. OM nava-campaka-puspabha-nasa-danda-vira-jitayai namaha - She who is resplendent with a nose that has the beauty of a newly blossoming campaka flower.
20. OM tara-kanti-tiraskari-nasabharana-bhasurayai namaha - She who shines with a nose-ornament that excels the luster of a star.

130. OM sat'odaryai namaha - She who is slender-waisted.
450. OM nandinyai namaha - She who gives delight.
451. OM vighna-nasinyai namaha - She who destroys all obstacles.
452. OM tejovatyai namaha - She who is effulgent.
453. OM tri-nayanayai namaha - She who has the sun, moon and fire as Her three eyes.
454. OM lolaksi-kama-rupinyai namaha - She who is in the form of love in women.
455. OM malinyai namaha - She who is wearing garlands.
456. OM hamsinyai namaha - She who is not separate from Hamsas (the yogins who have reached great spiritual heights).
457. OM matre namaha - She who is the Mother of the universe.
458. OM malay'acala-vasinyai namaha - She who resides in the Malaya mountain.
459. OM sumukhyai namaha - She who has a beautiful face.
460. OM nalinyai namaha - She whose body is soft and beautiful like lotus petals.
461. OM subhruve namaha - She who has beautiful eyebrows.
462. OM sobhanayai namaha - She who is always radiant.
463. OM suranayikayai namaha - She who is the leader of the gods.
464. OM kala-kanthyai namaha - She who is the wife of Shiva.
465. OM kantimatyai namaha - She who is radiant.
466. OM ksobhinyai namaha - She who creates upheaval in the mind.
467. OM suksma-rupinyai namaha - She who has a form that is too subtle to be perceived by the sense organs.
468. OM vajr'esvaryai namaha - She who is Vajreshvarì, the sixth daily deity.
469. OM vama-devyai namaha - She who is the wife of Vàmadeva (Shiva).
470. OM vayo'vastha vivarjitayai namaha - She who is exempt from changes due to age (time).
471. OM siddh'esvaryai namaha - She who is the goddess worshipped by spiritual adepts.
472. OM siddha-vidyayai namaha - She who is in the form of Siddhavidyà, the fifteen-syllabled mantra.
473. OM siddha-matre namaha - She who is the mother of Siddhas.
474. OM yasasvinyai namaha - She who is of unequalled renown.
475. OM visuddhi cakra nilayayai namaha - She who resides in the Vishuddhichakra.
476. OM arakta-varnayai namaha - She who is of slightly red (rosy) complexion.
477. OM tri-locanayai namaha - She who has three eyes.
478. OM khatvangadi-praharanayai namaha - She who is armed with a club and other weapons.
479. OM vadan'aika-samanvitayai namaha - She who possesses only one face.
480. OM payas'anna-priyayai namaha - She who is especially fond of sweet rice.

One can only wonder what some of the above mantras can do.

OM sat'odaryai namaha - She who is slender-waisted.

Thomas-Ashley Farrand in another of his books recommends the above mantra (number 130) to help one lose weight. Interesting to say the least.

Kind regards,
Stephen

DarkCosmoz
7th June 2008, 07:44 AM
There is a form of Lalita where she is manifested as Kameshvari, the powerful Queen that grants and fulfills all wishes. There are specific mantras that can invoke her.

However, these mantras are so powerful and effective that the original seers and sages "sealed and nailed" these mantras. That is, they would not be effective unless another secret mantra was chanted beforehand.

DarkCosmoz
7th June 2008, 07:49 AM
There is a long and rather great excerpt of Mr. Farrand's Healing Mantras online: http://www.dailyom.com/library/000/000/000000185.html

Enjoy! He's a terrific writer.

Fleur
7th June 2008, 04:04 PM
Dear Ray and Andrew,

You could spend your time experimenting with the above 480 mantras (probably thousands, given the permutations in the material Stephen has mentioned)

Or you could concentrate on your Shaolin training.

Personally, I feel all this is at best a distraction, and actually approaching dangerous territory.

I know I have barely scratched the surface of what there is to achieve in the Shaolin arts. I'm always truly grateful when Sifu teaches me new material, but at the same time I often wonder how I'm going to do it justice, practice to the depth it merits. Quite often, less is more.

Andrew, I don't have my copy of Sukhavati to hand but I'm pretty sure Sifu's commentary on the Great Compassion Dharani explains that it can be used for long-term health issues. I remember you saying before that you had a wonderful experience reciting this. Maybe it's worth revisiting and including in your daily practice? Health-wise, the results may or may not come as quickly as you'd like, but trust that in the meantime you are benefiting in many other ways.

Dear Stephen,

Vashikaran is the art of attracting, influencing and controlling people (do a Google search to find some information).

I'd like to take you up on a couple of other points also . But I'll start by asking: Why would you want to control someone? Where's the joy in that?

Best wishes,

Fleur

DarkCosmoz
7th June 2008, 04:40 PM
Dear Fleur,

If I am somehow distracting or negatively influencing the Wahnam community in anyway with the idea of chanting mantras, I think it would be best for me to stop and close this thread. But I genuinely believe that chanting Sanskrit mantras for spiritual as well as material purposes can be greatly beneficial in the long run. I introduced this topic here in the Wahnam forum because Sifu Wong has mentioned in his Q&As about Kuan Yin's mantra.

But I'll start by asking: Why would you want to control someone? Where's the joy in that?

Sant Keshavada states that when you chant this Vashikaran mantra, people (and eventually the world) will be drawn towards you. He seems to describe this mantra as a charisma mantra.

Other texts (like the Lalita Sahasranama) describes this mantra as "She Who Has the Worlds Under Her Sway," or "She Who Controls the Worlds."

Basically, I think the problem is with the word "charisma." When someone has charisma, they can sway the people (or control the people) to do their bidding. Barack Obama, for example, has great charisma and as a result, many support him for President. However, does that mean that he is controlling the masses? That's always up for debate.

I see this mantra as a remedy (as Sant Keshavada probably did since he placed this mantra in a healing book) for people who have a hard time making friends or attracting a mate.

Personally, I found this mantra useful for making a great first impression on people. If you're in the field of teaching, sales, etc., this mantra would also be useful as it increases your charisma.

Kind regards,
Stephen

Maxime
7th June 2008, 04:55 PM
Dear family,

that is an intellectually interesting thread. The mind likes to get confused and dispersed. :)

I would like to adress the following point.

Personally, I found this mantra useful for making a great first impression on people. If you're in the field of teaching, sales, etc., this mantra would also be useful as it increases your charisma
Personnally I am not interested in making a 'great first impression on people'. I flow, let it flow, and let others flow their own way. Well, I certainly disagree with you Stephen, as I see a very slippery ground here, on which I don't want to walk...

For example, one mantra presented in this book comes from the Goddess Radha: Om Parama Prema Rupaya Namaha. This mantra has the power to attract the highest form of Divine Love into your life (meaning if you are single and recite this 108 times everyday, you will attract a mate).
Disturbing Gods for ladies...

Personnally I think that chanting mantras for attracting ladies is low level, and will keep you low level. I love to trust and let the Cosmos/Nature/God be in charge and taking care of me. What a delicious feeling. I am cautious about 'forcing' or employing outstanding means to satisfy non urgent and egoistical needs.

For simple human purposes, I would rather use simple human solutions. Beautiful ladies are everywhere, there is no need to disturb the Gods to attract them. One should better find out by himself why he hasn't a lady yet (the cause), or better still, simply go and pick up one (the solution). Please all singles take a minute to reflect on this last sentence. :D

Anyway, by smiling from the heart we already have a very powerful tool! By smiling from the heart, we are helping everybody (including ourselves), and the positive energy that we radiate will naturally (key word here) attract more positive ladies -or more gentlemen if you are a lady-. Like the wise says, goodness begets goodness.

My personnal experience is that by opening the heart and by lifting up our spirit we naturally attract more positive situations (and yes, more positive ladies); with the practice of Qigong, by clearing our mind we can see opportunities and by nurturing courage (from internal force) we can grasp them and act - rather than think.

Chantring mantras with compassion and disturbing Gods & Godesses to pay respect to them, to ask for peace and happiness for all beings, or for help in life-threatening situations is one thing. But in order to bring a lady in one's bed (so to speak), it is another one. As disciples on the sipiritual path, I believe we should developp the inner sensitivity to know when to use those skills, and when not.

Now, time to go and pick up a beautiful flower with my barehands, before Sifu asks me again 'Maxime, how come a handsome young man like you is still not married?'.

With Folded Hands,

DarkCosmoz
7th June 2008, 05:16 PM
Personnally I am not interested in making a 'great first impression on people'. I flow, let it flow, and let others flow their own way. Well, I certainly disagree with you Stephen, as I see a very slippery ground here, on which I don't want to walk...

Maxime, can you elaborate on what you mean by slippery ground? Do you mean that increasing your charisma through mantras is unethical? Sifu Wong (as well as other great masters) did say in his Q&A a few times that with power comes great responsibility. It all depends on how you choose to use this power.

After years of training in Shaolin Wahnam, for example, you can have enough internal force to tap someone on the chest and kill him/her instantly. But does that mean that developing this internal force is unethical?

Personnally I think that chanting mantras for attracting ladies is low level, and will keep you low level. I love to trust and let the Cosmos/Nature/God be in charge and taking care of me. What a delicious feeling. I am cautious about 'forcing' or employing outsanding means to satisfy non urgent and egoistical needs.

Hmm... Let's look at this from the viewpoint of karma. Everybody has karma. Some people have such great karma that they can attract a relationship left and right with ease. I know you have seen these people. They may not be that great looking or have that great of a personality, but they somehow remain single for a very short period of time. Some people, however, have karma that dictates that they are to remain single for a very long time.

Powerful Chi Kung as taught in Shaolin Wahnam can very certainly clear bad karma as stated by Sifu Wong in his Q&A. But chanting genuine mantras are also another way to clear bad relationship karma.

Beautiful ladies are everywhere, there is no need to disturb the Gods to attract them. One should better find out by himself why he hasn't a lady yet (the cause), or better still, simply go and pick up one (the solution).

Using the karmic viewpoint above, if you have bad relationship karma, the beautiful ladies will not be attracted to you no matter how hard you try. Some people find it easy to go out and pick up a lady successfully. Others find it terrifying. Why? From a spiritual perspective, it is due to karma.

Anyway, by smiling from the heart we already have a very powerful tool! By smiling from the heart, we are helping everybody (including ourselves), and the positive energy that we radiate will naturally (key word here) attract more positive ladies -or more gentlemen if you are a lady-. Like the wise says, goodness begets goodness.

Smiling from the heart certainly is beneficial! But let's use the karmic viewpoint above again. The act of smiling from the heart is in fact changing our old karmic patterns. If we were previously negative all the time, we wouldn't attract anyone or any positive things into our life. The act of smiling from the heart changes our negative karmic patterns into a positive one, thus attracting people and good things.

However, I believe Chi Kung and intensely chanting mantras are a faster route to burning off the bad karma.

Chantring mantras with compassion and disturbing Gods & Godesses to pay respect to them, to ask for peace and happiness for all beings, or for help in life-threatening situations is one thing. But in order to bring a lady in one's bed (so to speak), it is another one.

All the mantras presented in this book are meant for the highest good. It is meant for people genuinely seeking a spiritual partner. Getting a woman into bed is indeed low level and will attract low level spirits. These mantras in this book do not attempt to get a woman in bed (that would involve black Vashikaran mantras I previously talked about). They invoke the highest good in all of us.

Also, remember that these mantras invoke the Gods and Goddesses from within us and without.

As disciples on the sipiritual path, I believe we should developp the inner sensitivity to know when to use those skills, and when not.

With power comes responsibility. This will always be true.

Kind regards,
Stephen

Andrew R
7th June 2008, 07:13 PM
Hello Fleur!

I actually began reciting mantras in order to deepen my Shaolin practice. I would say it has definitely deepened it. As you noted, Sigung talks about it in some of his books. To clarify, the only mantras I've used have been the Great Compassion Dharani, Guan Yin mantra, and I once meditated on "Who am I?" (thank you for the suggestion Sifu Joko :)). I continue using them because they make me feel full of love and warmth and have shown me new aspects of the Shaolin tradition. That's about it! :)

Andrew

Ray
9th June 2008, 07:55 PM
Hello Family,
We are lucky to come from such a complete and comprehensive tradition. Since it is a complete we don't need to venture to other traditions for supplements. However I also know that karmically people will have connections and find something beneficial in other traditions that simply suits them better. An example would be instead of chanting a buddhist mantra, a practitioner chooses a prayer from their own spiritual tradition because of familiarity.
The method that Maxime Sihing suggested works fine, and I am sure that the mantra of Radha is a lot more than just a charisma mantra. I believe that we can all agree that intention plays a role here and we have a responsibility to act with noble intentions to the best of our ability.

Best,

Ray

Fleur
10th June 2008, 03:50 PM
Well, spiritual cultivation is a very personal thing, and to each their own.

My comments weren’t at all directed at people following their own religious traditions. Just that, for me, using mantras in the way suggested here feels somewhat opposed to the spirit of our training .

I also sensed a slight over-fascination with the esoteric and ‘powerful’, in this thread.

Ray, you’re so right that we’re lucky to have a comprehensive programme for our physical, emotional and spiritual development, in the Shaolin arts. At various points in ‘Sukhavati’, Sifu’s commentary made me realise how many different aspects of our training take care of our spiritual development - even if we’re not aware of this at the time.

My own understanding of spiritual matters is very limited, but the understanding I do have is from direct experience, thanks to Sifu’s guidance and transmission. One of the best examples I can offer is from our first ‘Namo Amitabha Buddha’ group recitation at Sukhavati study group.

Sifu Marcus mentioned beforehand that as we were all new to the practice, it might feel strange at first, and take a while to get into. In reality the experience was like opening a door and stepping straight through into a higher level of consciousness. It was unbelievable, so profound, and I’ve no doubt we had ‘help’ in this respect. I’ll always remember the stunned silence after, and the look of wonder on everyone’s face.

I know I’m not alone in having read some of Sifu’s books more than once, and each time it’s like reading for the first time. Because they contain his transmission, and as we change through our practice, we experience the transmission more deeply. So when he generously translates, or explains aspects of ‘The Heart Sutra’ or ‘Great Compassion Mantra’, those words really resonate and I try to pay due attention, rather than satisfying my intellectual curiousity through wider reading or exploration. To borrow a phrase from Sifu, that would feel like ‘throwing sand over gems – without the sand, the gems shine more brightly’.

Again, that is a purely personal response, and no disrespect to anyone who feels differently.

Hello Andrew

I actually began reciting mantras in order to deepen my Shaolin practice. I would say it has definitely deepened it. As you noted, Sigung talks about it in some of his books. To clarify, the only mantras I've used have been the Great Compassion Dharani, Guan Yin mantra, and I once meditated on "Who am I?" (thank you for the suggestion Sifu Joko ). I continue using them because they make me feel full of love and warmth and have shown me new aspects of the Shaolin tradition. That's about it!

That’s great, I’m really happy for you.

Hello Stephen, Sifu Maxime has voiced a few of my thoughts already, but I’ve one more question to ask. Can you reconcile these two paragraphs from an earlier post?

Unlike high-level qigong, the Vedic mantras presented in this book are safe to practice.

Her mantra essentially awakens the kundalini at the base of the spine. In fact, her mantra forcefully awakens it, causing turmoil in your everyday life. Kali symbolizes the ruthless and scary death of the old, and rejuvenation of the new. I chanted her 15 syllable mantra for about 1.5 weeks. During that period, I felt like I was dying everyday! At the same time though, I could also feel the energy at the base of my spine awakening and tingling (different sensation from chi).

This doesn’t sound safe to me at all.

There are a couple of references in the thread to people’s experiences of ‘powerful energy gathering’. This may or may not be a good thing, and probably means little in itself. But if there are some blockages, and the energy isn’t cleared by chi flow, then it would definitely not be a good thing, in fact, dangerous. So I’d be very cautious to say the least, about undertaking this practice from a book, without the supervision of a master.

Respect to all,

Fleur

DarkCosmoz
10th June 2008, 04:40 PM
Hi Fleur,

There are a couple of references in the thread to people’s experiences of ‘powerful energy gathering’. This may or may not be a good thing, and probably means little in itself. But if there are some blockages, and the energy isn’t cleared by chi flow, then it would definitely not be a good thing, in fact, dangerous. So I’d be very cautious to say the least, about undertaking this practice from a book, without the supervision of a master.

Based on your post above, you believe that chanting Sanskrit mantras is like practicing Chi Kung. This is not true.

I am by no means an expert, but based on my past experiences, I know that chi and shakti are two different kinds of energy.

Chi is generated as a result of practicing Chi Kung and courses through various organs and meridians.

Shakti power is generated as a result of chanting Sanskrit mantras. This intelligent energy originates from the base of our spine (where the Muladhara, or base, chakra resides) and as we develop spiritually, moves up each chakra,.

We know what chi is, as we have all experienced it. What, then, is shakti? Because it's hard for me to put in words, here's a definition from Wikipedia:

Shakti meaning sacred force, power or energy is the Hindu concept or personification of the divine feminine aspect, sometimes referred to as 'The Divine Mother'. Shakti represents the active, dynamic principles of feminine power.

Simply put, shakti is power, or the personification of power. In Hindu mythology, shakti is personified as various goddesses explained in my previous posts (Lalita, Durga, etc). Shakti is what gives the Hindu gods their powers (again, their power is personified as their wives). As explained before, the Vedas traditionally view power as feminine and consciousness as masculine.

Chanting a mantra associated with a particular goddess awakens within us the power and attributes of that goddess. In other words, it awakens our shakti that lies dormant at the base of our spine.

Does your karma dictate in this life that you shall be poor? No problem. Devotedly chant the Lakshmi mantra and surrender yourself to Her. Doing so will awaken the shakti within you for wealth and abundance.

But if you're physically unhealthy with a lot of internal blockages, will chanting this mantra be dangerous? No. Chanting the mantras presented in this book do not induce chi flow (although I am sure that there are mantras that can do that). A person with internal injuries dedicatedly practicing Golden Bridge everyday from a book without the supervision of a master is dangerous. Chanting, however, is not the same as practicing Lifting the Sky.

Chanting mantras awaken our dormant divine energy (shakti) while simultaneously burning off bad karma. The energy manifested and generated is different from Chi.

FYI, below is an excerpt from the book about the 15-syllable Kali mantra. Enjoy:

Shakti Mantras

Spiritual Evolution Mantra That Is Quick, Powerful, and Unyielding

There is also a longer form of the above mantra that relates to Kali as the destroyer of negative ego on the one hand, and the provider of a very fast route to spiritual liberation on the other. It would be difficult for you to discover this mantra, usually referred to simply and mysteriously as the Great Fifteen-Syllable Mantra. If you decide to work with this mantra, please have extra patience with yourself. Because it can work quickly, it may also cause some turmoil in your daily life.

The mantra will bring to the surface aspects of our ego that we have decided are "OK." We all become comfortable with ourselves in certain contexts. We know who we are, make allowances for our aberrant behavior, and fool ourselves that we are trying hard and doing the best we can. But if those internal qualities are truly not beneficial to us, this mantra will begin to eradicate even those characteristics we may have decided are "OK," and want to keep. If we are determined to hold on to parts of ourselves that are based on a deluded sense of satisfaction, particularly if our behavior is less than ideal, then Kali will come to our aid with a stainless-steel, scalpel-like precision.

When we invoke Kali through this mantra, we are saying, "I want true spiritual advancement by the most powerful and direct route, the consequences to my ego notwithstanding." So if you pick this route, its only fair that you know what you are in for. It will be intense, possibly unnerving, probably uncomfortable, certainly disruptive to one or more aspects of your mundane life, and also very effective in a short amount of time.

2. Om Hrim Shreem Klim Adya Kalika Param Eshwari Swaha [Om Hreem Shreem Kleem Ahd-yah Kah-lee-kah Pah-rahm Ehsh-wah-ree Swah-hah]

"Om and salutations to She who is the first one, dark within her own reality, the supreme primordial feminine, who cuts through illusion to the unabridged truth of existence."

Practicing Chi Kung can make you mentally, physically and spiritually healthy while simultaneously making you internally powerful for combat. Chanting these mantras associated with a certain goddess are different. They change your karma for the better while awakening and developing their divine qualities within you.

Mr. Farrand gives an example of when he himself was in danger from a stranger in his late thirties, threatening to physically hurt him. His wife, who has devotedly chanted the Durga mantra many thousands of times, stepped in to protect him from the stranger. Durga, if you remember, is the fierce personified feminine power of protection who destroys a wide range of demonic and negative forces. She is portrayed as a beautiful goddess riding a fierce tiger while holding many different battle weapons in each of her many hands. Mr. Farrand goes on to say that his wife seemed to have actually took on the form of Durga for a brief moment, and the man backed down scared.

When can it get dangerous? Mr. Farrand talks about the great potential for abusing the Shakti power generated, warns of the consequences and even gives a few stories.

Darryl
10th June 2008, 04:55 PM
Warriors train Shaolin Wahnam and Shaolin Wahnam trains Warriors. Fleur and Maxime are excellent examples of this.

I would suggest that using a Mantra to attract a partner is not the purest way. For those who have no other option for happiness, it is understandable. For those who are lucky enough to have found Shaolin Wahnam, it is rather foolish.

Dear Stephen,

I believe that using 'Karma' to justify our shortcomings is not brave or honest. You have been lucky enough to discover Shaolin Wahnam. Now you have the opportunity to create your own luck and become a Warrior. The choice is yours, not Karma's.

DarkCosmoz
10th June 2008, 05:26 PM
Hello Darryl,

Long time no talk. I hope all is well with you!

You are right - I am incredibly lucky to have discovered Shaolin-Wahnam early.

Sifu Wong's Q&A series and the forum community here have been a tremendous help in dealing and coping with my painful teenage years. Although I have never mentioned it before, to give you an idea of how bad it was, I have contemplated suicide a few times in the past when I was 14-15. The Shaolin/Zen philosophy as well as practicing Chi Kung (Lifting the Sky, etc.) have been a tremendous help in shaping my view of this world and overcoming my mental depression.

For that, I am forever grateful to you guys and Sifu Wong.

I believe that using 'Karma' to justify our shortcomings is not brave or honest.

I did not really mean to say that because of your karma, you guys can't do so and so. But I guess it came out that way because of the issues Maxime brought up.

But I honestly believe that everything doesn't happen by chance - it is all due to our karma, and Sifu Wong mentions this a lot on his website.

For example, it is due to your good spiritual karma that you are an instructor in Shaolin-Wahnam. Other people like Donald Trump and Bill Gates may have wealth karma that they have to play out. Etc.

----------------

This will be my last post on this subject though, and thank you all for reading. I started this thread under the "Book Reviews" section in order to share with you guys what I have read. My intention was never to create distractions within this community or incite some hostility, as that is the vibe I am starting to pick up. I also have a lot of to prepping to do for my new job on Wall Street (I had to tell someone!).

Kind regards,
Stephen

Ray
10th June 2008, 08:01 PM
My comments weren’t at all directed at people following their own religious traditions. Just that, for me, using mantras in the way suggested here feels somewhat opposed to the spirit of our training .

Hi Fleur and Wahnam family,
Thanks for your post and I agree that using mantras for gain at the phenomenal level is low level. From this context our Shaolin training is more cost effective and holistic. An example would be spending time chanting a "I want a better job" mantra compared to spending time thinking good thoughts and smiling from the heart to free the spirit. The second option will enrich your life with a lot more than just a new job. ^_^
However mantras chanted for spiritual development can be very rewarding and I believe can be very beneficial to one's spiritual practice if one makes this crucial phenomenal versus spiritual distinction.

Warmest regards to all of you,

Ray

Chiahua
10th June 2008, 09:55 PM
From this context our Shaolin training is more cost effective and holistic. An example would be spending time chanting a "I want a better job" mantra compared to spending time thinking good thoughts and smiling from the heart to free the spirit.
Or you could choose to be simple and direct by spending more time focusing on interview skills and hitting up job listings.

If one has a fast 12 speed road bike, why use a tricylcle?

Ray
11th June 2008, 05:46 PM
Hi brother,
You're correct: one must not just think but also do as well. (Best Yoda imitation I can muster)

^_^

Ray

DarkCosmoz
13th June 2008, 11:18 AM
Hello Wahnam members,

I know I said that my previous post would be my last post on this topic. However, I feel that I should conclude this thread with a stronger, definitive statement and correct some misconceptions as well.

I know that Vedic mantras have nothing to do with what is practiced in Shaolin-Wahnam. But again as a reminder, this thread was started under the "Book Reviews" section to share with you what I have read.

Rereading my past posts, I find that I give the impression that the author, Thomas-Ashley Farrand, is offering these spiritual mantras primarily for worldly gain. Many would understandably see this as low-level and an abuse of spiritual power.

First point:

It is true that Mr. Farrand offers mantras for almost every aspect of our phenomenal life that we may currently be lacking in. That includes personal relationships, money, health (there is a very powerful healing mantra in another of his books that can heal emotional, spiritual and physical illnesses), family, spirituality, etc.

From my point of view (not Mr. Farrand's), I believe that for a person to truly advance successfully spiritually, one's phenomenal life has to be satisfied first.

Sifu Wong states in Q&A March 2007 Part 1:

It is very noble to give up everything to become a monk so as to cultivate to attain Enlightenment. But from what you have written, you are not ready for this momentous decision yet.

You should direct your time and effort to leading a rewarding life, get married and have children. You can still cultivate spiritually as a lay person and attain very high spiritual levels without neglecting your family.

Later when you have fulfilled well your obligations to your family, and with their blessing, you may become a monk if you still have the irresistible wish to do so.

In Q&A April 2002 Part 1:

Both the Chinese and the Indians hold the following concept regarding full time spiritual cultivation. First, one must prepare himself physically, which includes having a good education, sound economic condition, and being healthy and fit. Next he must be emotional ready, which includes fulfilling all personal responsibilities to his family and social responsibilities to society. Then he must be mentally ready, which includes understanding fully what his intermediate as well as ultimate goals are, and how he can attain them.

I find these precious mantras to be a stepping stone to a higher purpose. Once we can fulfill our mundane, earthly wishes, we are ready to truly cultivate spiritually without any distractions in the way. From what I can see, Shaolin-Wahnam also does this, but in a different way.

Second point:

I found an interesting effect after chanting these mantras over time. At first, I chanted mantras for the fulfillment of material purposes, including having an excellent career after college (which I now have in Wall Street thanks to Lakshmi), having a more attractive personality to the opposite gender, etc.

I next chanted mantras for love and finding a truly spiritual partner. Although it worked to a certain extent and not the glamorous way I hoped, I came to realize that it was me, not the mantra, that was at fault. It was then when I realized how much inner turmoil, frustration and anger still lay within my heart due to childhood experiences.

I moved on to clearing my inner demons with the Durga and Chamundi mantras to raise my self-esteem and become more confident. Although I was practicing Wahnam Chi Kung on my own, it's just not as powerful without a competent instructor by your side. It temporarily alleviated my mental and emotional conditions, but it did not clear it. The foundation of hell still existed within me. With so many obstacles in the way, I also could not find time and afford money to attend even regional courses. Mantras were my only option.

In the last few months, I started to chant spiritual mantras presented in the book. Some of the spiritual mantras presented include:

Om Mani Padme Hum
Namo Kwan Shi Yin Pu Sa
The Gayatri Mantra
Saraswati Mantras to gain esoteric and spiritual knowledge
Kali mantra for fast spiritual attainment
Etc.

I currently chant the Gayatri mantra every morning. The Gayatri mantra is long but wonderful, as the energy it generates is magnificent. Mr. Farrand states that the mantra draws energy from the powerful spiritual planes above into your aura, energizing your Chi, ridding your mind and body of diseases, and making your aura glow bright and spiritually. A vibrational, spiritual armor is also generated, protecting one from negative influences. Chanted over time (which could be many lifetimes), rebirth ceases and enlightenment is eventually gained.

Why am I mentioning this? The mantras I chanted at first for material gain soon became for spiritual purposes. As I was chanting, the inner Goddess was pulling me deeper and deeper into the realm of spirituality and forcing me to explore myself.

Mr. Farrand states in the book:

Now Divine Mother has you. By showing you the increase in energy, She will motivate you to further efforts. By solving your problems and fulfilling your desires, She will move you down the road to spiritual advancement. Like any good mother, she will pack your lunch with finest fruit and sandwiches, then send you off to advance in the school of life.

Some of the people in this thread stated that these mantras are distracting, potentially dangerous and low-level. I don't want readers of this thread to think that the Vedic tradition is about material gain. It definitely is not, since it all depends on how we use it. Our decision as to how to continue our lives after we fulfill our desires will determine our future karma.

I would like to conclude with a statement from the author:

Leave everything to God first, last, and always. If you have some real power or have it given to you, dedicate its use to service of others...

Sincerity is like shield against karmic return from mistakes. Such is the compassion of God, the Masters, the celestials, and the Great Ones who walk among us.

Even if our mistakes cause the necessity of some kind of karmic return, even if the mistakes are great and the negative result great, sometimes the Great Ones will take the effects upon themselves... When Jesus was crucified, it is said he died for our sins. Was this not taking the karma of humanity upon himself? Unknown spiritual teachers of high stature and Great Ones have been doing such things for centuries.

Maybe a time will come when you can add your shoulder to the wheel and help push along humanity's seemingly slow, painful trek to its birthright of divinity.

Thank you all for reading.

Best wishes,
Stephen

Jonny Say
13th June 2008, 12:16 PM
Thanks for your post Stephen, very clearly written.

It reminds me that there are many paths to our destination, as long as we "avoid evil, do good and purify the mind" we will all progress along them.

All the best in your cultivation

TaiChiPete
13th June 2008, 08:58 PM
Stephen,

Thank you for sharing this book review with us. I've enjoyed reading about your experiences.:)

I've found a lot I can agree with in your posts. I particularly like this quote from your last post:

She will motivate you to further efforts. By solving your problems and fulfilling your desires, She will move you down the road to spiritual advancement.

This is definitely how I have found my own practice. The desire and energy to progress further gradually creeps up on me. For about 9 months I have been included mantra recitation in my practice and I have really noticed the benefits. And like many others I'm sure have found it mutually complementary to my Wahnam practice.

Anyway thanks again for sharing your experiences.

Pete

Ray
14th June 2008, 01:26 AM
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the post. It was very well written

^_^b

Ray

Emiko H
17th June 2008, 04:57 AM
Dear Stephen,

I was skimming through this thread and read your well-intended posts. I would like to offer comment on a few of your views which may/may not be of use. Please discard or use as you see fit.

{Post # 28 by DarkCosmoz (Stephen)}

Hi Fleur,

Based on your post above, you believe that chanting Sanskrit mantras is like practicing Chi Kung. This is not true.

Actually, mantras are chi.

Whether or not we are able to experience mantras in a chi kung state of mind is a different matter altogether.

I am by no means an expert, but based on my past experiences, I know that chi and shakti are two different kinds of energy.

Chi = Shakti

In fact, I'll go one step further:

Shakti is just one facet of Chi.

Chi is generated as a result of practicing Chi Kung and courses through various organs and meridians.

The chi does much much more than just "course through various organs and meridians." :)

Shakti power is generated as a result of chanting Sanskrit mantras. This intelligent energy originates from the base of our spine (where the Muladhara, or base, chakra resides) and as we develop spiritually, moves up each chakra,.

This can happen in chi kung practice.

We know what chi is, as we have all experienced it. What, then, is shakti?

If you have experienced a form of chi, then you have experienced a form shakti.

If you have experienced the level of chi that radiates from Sifu (Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit) when he teaches, then it is very possible for a person to experience the "intelligence" of chi (shakti) as indicated in the above definition of Shakti.

Does your karma dictate in this life that you shall be poor?

Actually, karma is not fixed, so karma does not "dictate" anything. What is important is that we develop the "eyes" to see what choices are available to us so that we can make "new" decisions, thereby enabling a new "future" to unfold.

No problem. Devotedly chant the Lakshmi mantra and surrender yourself to Her. Doing so will awaken the shakti within you for wealth and abundance.

By "choosing" to recite a mantra, it may be a "new" decision in that one may not have ever recited a mantra before. In exercising this new decision, his/her future possibilities begin to shift immediately.

But if you're physically unhealthy with a lot of internal blockages, will chanting this mantra be dangerous? No. Chanting the mantras presented in this book do not induce chi flow

On the contrary, there is not a single mantra that is not capable of inducing chi flow.

Whether or not something harms us (or other people) is dependent on what the original intent or thought is.

A person with internal injuries dedicatedly practicing Golden Bridge everyday from a book without the supervision of a master is dangerous.

Well-stated.

Practicing Chi Kung can make you mentally, physically and spiritually healthy while simultaneously making you internally powerful for combat. Chanting these mantras associated with a certain goddess are different. They change your karma for the better while awakening and developing their divine qualities within you.

Practising chi kung will do all of what you outlined. It will also enable one to develop more energy, such that he/she will have the "eyes" to make better decisions, thereby enabling him/her to change his/her karma and increasingly manifest "divine" qualities such as "smiling from the heart".

Mr. Farrand gives an example of when he himself was in danger from a stranger in his late thirties, threatening to physically hurt him. His wife, who has devotedly chanted the Durga mantra many thousands of times, stepped in to protect him from the stranger. Durga, if you remember, is the fierce personified feminine power of protection who destroys a wide range of demonic and negative forces. She is portrayed as a beautiful goddess riding a fierce tiger while holding many different battle weapons in each of her many hands. Mr. Farrand goes on to say that his wife seemed to have actually took on the form of Durga for a brief moment, and the man backed down scared.

What a wonderful story! It sounds like Mr. Farrand's wife was a lovely Scholar-Warrior who naturally manifested the 3 Arrivals and 6 Harmonies.

When can it get dangerous?

Anything is dangerous when there is wrong intent. (smile)

Congratulations on your new job at Wall Street!

Best wishes,

Emiko

DarkCosmoz
18th June 2008, 08:43 AM
Hi Emiko,

When I explained the difference between Chi and Shakti, I was basing it on my own Chi Kung and mantra chanting experiences. I now realize that I have never officially delved deep enough into Chi Kung with an instructor or Grandmaster to be competent enough to make the point that you are currently making.

I guess I also never really went deep enough with Sanskrit mantras to truly know what Shakti is either.

Looking back at this post now, I was quite arrogant in making this comparison between Chi and Shakti so authoritatively.

Actually, mantras are chi.

Chi = Shakti

In fact, I'll go one step further:

Shakti is just one facet of Chi.

and

If you have experienced a form of chi, then you have experienced a form shakti.

If you have experienced the level of chi that radiates from Sifu (Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit) when he teaches, then it is very possible for a person to experience the "intelligence" of chi (shakti) as indicated in the above definition of Shakti.

Although the idea that CHI = SHAKTI has never crossed my mind, thinking about it now, this concept makes a lot of sense.

Your other points are well-stated. Thank you for the insights!

Kind regards,
Stephen

DarkCosmoz
18th June 2008, 08:54 AM
Some useful information about mantras:

From Thomas-Ashley Farrand's book, Healing Mantras:

Definition #1: Mantras are energy-based sounds.

Saying any word produces an actual physical vibration. Over time, if we know what the effect of that vibration is, then the word may come to have meaning associated with the effect of saying that vibration or word. This is one level of energy basis for words.

Another level is intent. If the actual physical vibration is coupled with a mental intention, the vibration then contains an additional mental component which influences the result of saying it. The sound is the carrier wave and the intent is overlaid upon the wave form, just as a colored gel influences the appearance and effect of a white light.

In either instance, the word is based upon energy. Nowhere is this idea more true than for Sanskrit mantra. For although there is a general meaning which comes to be associated with mantras, the only lasting definition is the result or effect of saying the mantra.

Definition #2: Mantras create thought-energy waves.

The human consciousness is really a collection of states of consciousness which distributively exist throughout the physical and subtle bodies. Each organ has a primitive consciousness of its own. That primitive consciousness allows it to perform functions specific to it. Then come the various systems. The cardio-vascular system, the reproductive system and other systems have various organs or body parts working at slightly different stages of a single process. Like the organs, there is a primitive consciousness also associated with each system. And these are just within the physical body. Similar functions and states of consciousness exist within the subtle body as well. So individual organ consciousness is overlaid by system consciousness, overlaid again by subtle body counterparts and consciousness, and so ad infinitum.

The ego with its self-defined "I" ness assumes a pre-eminent state among the subtle din of random, semi-conscious thoughts which pulse through our organism. And of course, our organism can "pick up" the vibration of other organisms nearby. The result is that there are myriad vibrations riding in and through the subconscious mind at any given time.

Mantras start a powerful vibration which corresponds to both a specific spiritual energy frequency and a state of consciousness in seed form. Over time, the mantra process begins to override all of the other smaller vibrations, which eventually become absorbed by the mantra. After a length of time which varies from individual to individual, the great wave of the mantra stills all other vibrations. Ultimately, the mantra produces a state where the organism vibrates at the rate completely in tune with the energy and spiritual state represented by and contained within the mantra.

At this point, a change of state occurs in the organism. The organism becomes subtly different. Just as a laser is light which is coherent in a new way, the person who becomes one with the state produced by the mantra is also coherent in a way which did not exist prior to the conscious undertaking of repetition of the mantra.

Definition #3: Mantras are tools of power and tools for power.

They are formidable. They are ancient. They work. The word "mantra" is derived from two Sanskrit words. The first is "manas" or "mind," which provides the "man" syllable. The second syllable is drawn from the Sanskrit word "trai" meaning to "protect" or to "free from." Therefore, the word mantra in its most literal sense means "to free from the mind." Mantra is, at its core, a tool used by the mind which eventually frees one from the vagaries of the mind.

But the journey from mantra to freedom is a wondrous one. The mind expands, deepens and widens and eventually dips into the essence of cosmic existence. On its journey, the mind comes to understand much about the essence of the vibration of things. And knowledge, as we all know, is power. In the case of mantra, this power is tangible and wieldable.

(Relevant to discussion about Chi)

6. Mantra energizes prana.

"Prana" is a Sanskrit term for a form of life energy which can be transferred from individual to individual. Prana may or may not produce an instant dramatic effect upon transfer. There can be heat or coolness as a result of the transfer.

Some healers operate through transfer of prana. A massage therapist can transfer prana with beneficial effect. Even self-healing can be accomplished by concentrating prana in certain organs, the result of which can be a clearing of the difficulty or condition. For instance, by saying a certain mantra while visualizing an internal organ bathed in light, the specific power of the mantra can become concentrated there with great beneficial effect.

DarkCosmoz
19th June 2008, 12:30 PM
Dear Emiko,

I re-read another book written by Mr. Farrand called Healing Mantras. In it, he states that kundalini (a more specific term for Shakti) and prana (Sanskrit term for chi) are different.

Page 46

Literally, prana means "breath." Without the flow of prana through our bodies, we would die. We direct prana with our minds when we do healing visualizations or mantra work. Pranic energy can be transferred from person to person, as healers do through their hands when they perform therapeutic massage, acupressure, therapeutic touch, reiki, and other hands-on treatments.

But kundalini energy is different from prana. Kundalini is an energy of spiritual evolution, growth, and consciousness, although it has been incorrectly viewed as sexual energy...

In most people, kundalini lies dormant as "energy in potential." We can, however, through spiritual practices such as mantra, prayer, and meditation, awaken this energy, causing it to move up the spinal canal...

According to mystical literature, the process begins gradually and proceeds through many years, or even lifetimes. Eventually, kundalini energy will reach the brow center, or third eye. When that happens, cosmic consciousness or self-realization is achieved. In this new or additional state, healing abilities can manifest.

Similarly, Sifu Wong also talks about the differences between the microcosmic orbit (which involves the flow of chi) and the rise of kundalini:

The upward flow of the microcosmic obit or Small Universe from near the anus to the top of the head, is similar to the rise of kundalini energy, but they are not the same.

Both the Small Universe and kundalini give good health and vitality, and at high levels both lead to spiritual fulfilment. But the upward flow of the Small Universe is nearer the surface of the physical body whereas the rise of kundalini is vertical from the anus to the head. In this respect, the rise of kundalini is similar to the break-through of the Rush Meridian.

While the flow of the Small Universe is a never-ending circuit around the body along the Ren and Du Meridians, the flow of the Rush Meridian -- like the rise of kundalini -- starts from the base near the anus and sprouts out at the crown of the head in "a blossom of five flowers" like a fountain.

Mr. Farrand also talks about the wonderful story of Rama and Sita. Rama is the avatar, or incarnation of the divine being, Vishnu (The great Buddha is also an avatar of Vishnu).

Sita, who is the incarnate of the goddess of abundance and love, Lakshmi, is with Rama on Earth to act out this divine drama.

I hope you guys enjoy this story as I did.

Rama is the Divine Self. Sita is the pure and perfect kundalini shakti. As eldest son, Rama is destined to rule the kingdom... but through court intrigue the king is forced to appoint Rama's brother Bharata (the mind) to the throne. Rama is to be banished to the forest for 12 years.

Bharata knows that false deeds had led to Rama's banishment and has placed Rama's sandals (the power of the Self manifesting through kundalini) on the throne and declared him to be true king, in exile or not. Bharata then declares that he will act as Rama's steward until his return...

The mind must always act as a steward for the Divine. For the divinity within is the Self, located at the heart center, and not the mind, which has no light of its own.

Sita is subsequently abducted by Ravana, the last of the evil kings, and taken a great distance away. Ravana wants Sita to become his consort. He is driven by lustful desires devoid of any love or true feeling whatsoever.

Meanwhile Rama is traveling in the forest, where he happens upon Hanuman (the prana or chi), a chief of one of the monkey tribes. Hanuman pledges his allegiance to Rama and becomes his foremost servant. Rama sends Hanuman in search of Sita.

The kundalini shakti is prevented from joining the Divine Self located at the heart center, and is detained at the second chakra (lust and magical powers) and the third chakra (dominion over the elements of earth, water, and fire as well as temporal desires of all kinds).

But Hanuman, representing the prana, is sent to find Sita. This is the practice of rhythmic breathing the yogi employs to purify the body and chakras, and bring the kundalini up to the heart center and beyond.

Hanuman finds Ravana... and a huge battle ensues. Since Hanuman is not powerful enough to defeat Ravana, he cannot liberate Sita. But neither can Hanuman be defeated. He returns to Rama and tells him where Sita is detained.

The pranic breathing will always disclose the location of the kundalini and where the its energy may be held captive.

When they finally confront one another, Rama reveals his divine nature, and Ravana melts into praise and becomes a devotee, with tears of devotion streaming from his eyes.

Rama and Sita return from the forest and their coronation takes place on a grand scale.

Hanuman mantras work directly with prana.

From the above story, it seems like that practicing high level Chi Kung can clear internal obstacles so that Sita (our Shakti) can become reunited with Rama, or our consciousness, and eventually attain liberation from this world.

Based on the above information, I would have to respectfully disagree with you now that Chi = Shakti.

Thank you very much, though, for your wonderful insights. It is greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,
Stephen

Emiko H
20th June 2008, 02:44 AM
The Beauty of Three Wisdoms

Dear Stephen,

What a lovely, well-formulated post! It is well-researched and carefully thought-out. Also, the tone in which it is written is both polite and pleasant.

I would like to clarify that many people have stated that prana = chi. In fact, chi is much much more than prana. As you rightly stated, "prana means 'breath'". Chi is not just breath. It is breath and more. It is also 'energy of spiritual evolution, growth, and consciousness' (as stated in your definition of kundalini).

In chi kung terms, and taking the excellent quote by Sifu which you yourself made, kundalini can be described in chi kung terms as "the flow of the Rush Meridian -- like the rise of kundalini -- starts from the base near the anus and sprouts out at the crown of the head in "a blossom of five flowers" like a fountain."

You are, of course, free to disagree with me, Stephen. :)

Regarding my own post, I would like to clarify that I was writing from direct experience, not from what I had read, nor from an understanding drawn from collaborative comparisons of various teachers/writers/experts.

Of course I have read many books on the subjects also. But these were used only for confirmation of my own experience, i.e. 'after the fact'. Also, I was under the guidance of exceptional masters of both meditation, martial and energy arts. In fact, a number of years ago, I was due to be ordained as a "lay-lama" but chose to decline because I realised how little I knew and couldn't wait to learn more under the guidance of my present master, Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

The reason why I am writing this is not to say, "I know more than you", but rather to say, "Yes, I understand where you are coming from." There was a time when the experience I had was so limited that I felt ill-equipped to make comment on any subject. So, instead I would refer to the texts of experts to back up my points. I valued the words of other experts.

Even now, I still value the words of experts. So, I have thoroughly enjoyed your posts where you make frequent reference to Mr. Farrand's work, among others. My final stance, however, is always based on personal experience. If I don't know something, then I leave it as "I don't know." If I have experienced something, then I try to write only from that. Naturally, growth is ongoing, so I expect to change and evolve over time.

Let me go one step further and suggest that if we let ourselves become satisfied by an intellectual comparison of texts written by other people, we can end up short-changing ourselves from the genuine discovery and transformation that results from direct experience.

Direct experience is something that cannot be taken away by other people. The only way to accumulate this is to put in the effort of straight, simple practice over a substantial period of time. I would suggest that a minimum of 5 years is a fair starting place.

In one of Sifu's recent Q&A's (May 2008-Part 3), there is a wonderful article where he talks about 3 types of wisdom: language wisdom, illuminated wisdom and cosmic wisdom. What you have displayed in your most recent post, Stephen, is a striking example of "language wisdom".

Please see below for an excerpt of Sifu's article:

Question 1
Compassion and wisdom are two of the qualities that I feel you exemplify, and thanks to Sifu Lai's tutelage I'm sure you can comment on a righteous course of action.
Sean, USA

Answer 1
Compassion and wisdom are the two cardinal virtues of Mahayana Buddhism.
There are different levels of compassion. Giving some money to a beggar to buy food is being compassionate. But some people may argue that it encourages him to be lazy. The intellectual may debate whether this is a sign of wisdom or an excuse for refusing to give some money. The compassionate, however, will not be interested in the intellectual debate. He will rather make a mistake by giving money to a lazy person than seeing a beggar starve.

According to the Buddha's teaching, there are three types of wisdom -- language wisdom, illuminated wisdom and cosmic wisdom. Language wisdom is the lowest, illuminated wisdom is intermediate, and cosmic wisdom is the highest.
Language wisdom is derived from words. Intellectualizing that giving money to a beggar may discourage him from working is an example of language wisdom. Illuminated wisdom is derived from direct experience in our phenomenal world. Realizing that giving a beggar money to buy food will save him from hunger, irrespective of whether he is lazy to work, is an example of illuminated wisdom. Cosmic wisdom is also derived from direct experience, but is transcendental. Perceiving the intricate matrix of the beggar's poverty and your prosperity in relation with contributing factors in the past and inevitable developments in the future, is an example of cosmic wisdom.

Question 2
At one time I supported a woman's right to have an abortion, but I saw a display on my university campus that depicted graphic images of aborted fetuses juxtaposed with images of the Nazi Holocaust and the Rwandan Genocide. They argued that the humanity of even a fertilized egg is undeniable as it is a unique genetic entity with 46 chromosomes, and that two human beings can never procreate and produce a living organism that is not a human being.

Answer 2
Your support of a woman's right to have an abortion is an example of illuminated wisdom, whereas your doubt or guilt of your previous conviction is an example of language wisdom, or a lack of it.

You supported women to have abortion if it could relieve them of suffering because you felt compassion for them. But having heard persuasive arguments that abortion destroyed life, you felt guilty because you accepted the language wisdom of pro-life advocators who were against abortion. Had you met pro-choice advocators who persuasively argued that abortion brought more benefit than harm, you would feel vindicated, even righteous.

If you view abortion with cosmic wisdom, you will have a different perception. One perception is as follows. Life is transcent. A foetus in an unwilling mother is unlikely to be happy, and when it is born it will continue to suffer. It has an opportunity to terminate its unhappy life to be born again in another willing mother and an expecting father. Would you deprive it this opportunity to cease this unhappy existence and seek a happier life, particularly when this opportunity will also cease the suffering of its unwilling mother?

Question 3
While I noted how they caught my attention and made abortion an issue in a powerful way, I was not sure how to react to the fact that these pictures were extreme and that some people might not be ready to look at them. I have retained this opinion even up to this moment but this feeling was later balanced by the intuition that I felt toward there being a real need for people to see abortion for what really is and what it really does.

Answer 3
This is indicative of cosmic wisdom, which will enable you to make better choices. Even if your choce turned out to be a bad one, you can take conform that you made the choice with sincerity and compassion.

Question 4
For some reason, I could spend hours upon hours listening to the debates from the pro-life and pro-choice sides and because I could not find a single argument or description of circumstance that concretely justified elective abortion, I could not say any longer that I took a pro-choice stance, and thus became pro-life.

Answer 4
You limited yourself only to language wisdom. You should open yourself to illuminated wisdom and cosmic wisdom. Open your heart to each case, and be guided by righteousness and compassion. In most cases abortion is out of the question. But some special cases may call for exception.

Question 5
It was not by my own courage or mental agility that I was able to effectively engage in a discussion about abortion, but instead I feel as though my prayers to be guided by the Holy Spirit were answered.

Answer 5
If your intention is noble and you ask sincerely with a one-pointed mind, God will always answer your prayers.

Question 6
My biggest concern however, is that as a volunteer I am not being compassionate, and that I am not even taking a righteous course of action by standing in front of these graphic signs.

Answer 6
Generations of masters have advised that if there is a conflict between the head and the heart, listen to the heart. In other words, do what you feel is right, rather than what you think is right.

This does not mean you can act rashly or irrationally. First of all you have to think carefully. But after careful and thorough consideration, you still feel you should act differently, then follow your heart. When you follow your head, you follow the reasoning of man; when you follow your heart, you follow God.

It is through consistent practice and training with an authentic master (one who can respond to a practitioner's immediate and personalised needs), that the practitioner is enabled to evolve beyond "language wisdom" to "illuminated wisdom", and on to "cosmic wisdom".

Stephen, I'd like to think that if Mr Farrand, Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit, you and I were to sit down for tea some lovely afternoon, the four of us would be able to have a discussion such as this and all laugh together because the only real difference is the issue of semantics.

Please do not misunderstand my words to suggest that this discussion is not worth having. It most certainly is. This discussion still comprises a form of wisdom - language wisdom!

It serves the purpose of enabling us to encourage each other to "practice, practice, practice" till we really "arrive" and see that all there is to do is truly enjoy each moment in its fullest sense.

Thank you for sharing your time and attention.

Wishing you the very best of joy and success,

Emiko

DarkCosmoz
20th June 2008, 03:42 AM
Dear Emiko,

Thank you for the wonderful and informative post on the Three Wisdoms. I must have overlooked it in the past because I don't remember ever reading that in the Q&A!

As I stated in a previous post,

When I explained the difference between Chi and Shakti, I was basing it on my own Chi Kung and mantra chanting experiences. I now realize that I have never officially delved deep enough into Chi Kung with an instructor or Grandmaster to be competent enough to make the point that you are currently making.

I guess I also never really went deep enough with Sanskrit mantras to truly know what Shakti is either.

Looking back at this post now, I was quite arrogant in making this comparison between Chi and Shakti so authoritatively.

based on my lack of experience, you are dead on in stating that I am limited by language wisdom. Like you correctly said, I really have nothing concrete but expert testimonial to back my theories up. After all, this is what we are taught in college to do when writing thesis or research papers.

However, I strongly feel that we have to at times trust the words of masters and gurus. Sometimes, language wisdom is the only way to convey teachings to someone who lives thousands of miles away, or who lived in another lifetime. They can put their valuable experience in words to help us become better. If I had disregarded Sifu Wong's teachings in his books and website as false, I would never have decided to incorporate spirituality into my daily life.

Please do not misunderstand my words to suggest that this discussion is not worth having. It most certainly is. This discussion still comprises a form of wisdom - language wisdom!

Thank you. I figured that the "Book Reviews" section is as good as place as any to engage others in language wisdom.

It serves the purpose of enabling us to encourage each other to "practice, practice, practice" till we really "arrive" and see that all there is to do is truly enjoy each moment in its fullest sense.

I first picked up The Complete Book of Tai Chi Chuan in a Barnes and Noble store one day when I was 14. After that, I remembered continuously re-reading it for about 4 years until the sides of the book became dark brown (disgusting I know).

At the time, it was strange that none of my friends or acquaintances were as fascinated as I was about this topic (they were after all 14-15 years old). My parents particularly discouraged me from becoming too interested in it since they wanted me to succeed academically. We were also Roman Catholic.

But over the years, with help from this forum, I practiced the Chi Kung and Tai Chi sets on my own (I eventually found a master 3 years ago which also happened to be 5 minutes from my house, secretly teaching in a medical building). While in Standing Zen, I too had brief glimpses from time to time of cosmic reality. Due to various complications in the past and now, I find that it is not plausible for me to ever seriously learn and practice with Shaolin-Wahnam.

To make the long story short, I have decided to make chanting mantras my primary objective in this life. It is easy and within reach. For example, I can chant when I have to work my killer hours at work and chant on the subway ride back home. I have also decided to seek out a genuine Tantra teacher in NYC. Mr. Farrand, who is a wonderful and powerful guru himself, also initiates deserving students into powerful mantras and does retreats in India with powerful spiritual figures.

Hopefully I can take the first true step in practice, practice, practice.

Thank you for your post.

Best wishes,
Stephen

joko
20th June 2008, 05:01 AM
I have just found this thread! How I could miss it.
Thank you, Stephen, and thank you, Emiko-san Sijie.

Joko

Emiko H
20th June 2008, 05:22 AM
Dear Joko-san,

Thank you for your kind words. (On a side-topic, will you be coming to the Intensive Tai Chi Chuan course in September for another round? It would be a pleasure to cross hands with you. :))

Dear Stephen,

Once again, I enjoyed reading your post.

Further, it was generous of you to share some of your personal story with us. Clearly, you have good spiritual roots if you came across the "Complete Book of Tai Chi Chuan" at age 14 and were somehow moved to buy and read it.

I hope you don't mind if I respond to just one comment you made:

To make the long story short, I have decided to make chanting mantras my primary objective in this life.

What if you were to let the chanting of mantras just be your method rather than the primary objective? Then, the mantras could lead you to a different primary objective like, for example, joy and bliss.

Wishing you well,

Emiko

Andrew
20th June 2008, 08:16 AM
Amazing posts, Emiko --- just amazing!

Thank you also to Stephen for catalysing this thread.

Martin Do
20th June 2008, 08:55 AM
Dear Sifu Emiko,

Thank you again from the bottom of my heart.

With much gratitude and respect

Martin-Sijat :)

Jeffrey Segal
20th June 2008, 11:17 AM
Ah, Emiko:):):)

Beautiful posts!

DarkCosmoz
20th June 2008, 12:31 PM
Dear Emiko,

What if you were to let the chanting of mantras just be your method rather than the primary objective? Then, the mantras could lead you to a different primary objective like, for example, joy and bliss.

That is what I actually meant to say. Thank you for clarifying and thank you again for posting your profound insights.

Best wishes,
Stephen

Fleur
22nd June 2008, 07:32 PM
Dear Stephen,

My earlier responses were from the heart and well intended, but not very well considered, I see now. Or perhaps I was responding from too narrow a perspective.

As ever, Sifu Emiko has raised the discussion to a higher level, and her wonderful posts have certainly helped me gain clarity in seeing a wider context for the issues at heart here. Thank you for sharing your wisdom, Sije.

Stephen, I actually agree with many of the points you’ve made. I recite the Great Compassion Mantra in Sanskrit daily, and it’s become a very important part of my chi kung practice. I like to recite ‘internally’, and let each syllable resonate in my heart and mind. I had lapsed a bit recently in the quality of my recitation, and this thread has helped me refocus, so thank you. I think we're 'singing from the same sheet', as my Siheng Marcus would say, just maybe using different notation :)

I’m sorry if my words caused hurt or offense to you, or others reading.

Wishing everyone joy in their practice,

Fleur

DarkCosmoz
23rd June 2008, 06:13 PM
Dear Fleur,

Not a problem :).

It's great that you're chanting the Great Compassion Mantra. As Sifu Wong mentions in The Complete Book of Zen, chanting this mantra can invoke manifold blessings into your life.

Kind regards,
Stephen

tonytony
19th July 2008, 03:07 AM
Would you pls tell me the exact mantra you used for Lalita( Tripura-Sundari)?
the mantra you referred to as the "base Lalita mantra"?

I am very interested in the goddess Lalita..I am experimenting with some mantras right now...

I would really apprecite your help!!

Regards,
Tony.:)

ankylosaurus
10th December 2008, 01:15 AM
Has anyone else who have read this thread decided to try out shakti mantras and would like to share their experience?

I chanted a lakshimi mantra today and I began to feel strange sensations. It's almost a happy/ticklish feeling at the base of my stomach/abdomen area, and as my chanting gets more intese, I notice this feeling spreads throughout my body. It's extremely pleasant, yet strange at the same time. I've felt chi before, and perhaps this is chi, but it feels different this time. It almost feels like my whole body is smiling and being playful.

Also, as I was chanting I suddenly realized a past event that was preventing me from obtaining what I had wanted in the past. For a second I intuitively knew that this event was largely what was preventing me from reaching my goal (a goal I have been striving towards for a long time now)

Very interesting stuff, to say the least...

AlexaLondon
17th March 2010, 01:04 PM
Hi Darkcosmoz

Would it be possible for you to post the kali mantra on this site?

Thanks so much.

AlexaLondon
17th March 2010, 10:03 PM
Hi

Could someone please post the lalitha mantra on this site.

Thanks so much!