Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Shaolin Kung fu the greatest martial art in the world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Shaolin Kung fu the greatest martial art in the world?

I just don´t know but I know and the more I practice, the more I know.
    It is so because I am not able to explain it with words.

Thanks Gregg for that class on Saturday.

:-)

Santiago

High Level Internal Art

Shaolin Kung Fu is considered the greatest martial art in the world because it has produced the largest number of generals and masters in history, has the most extensive techniques, skills and philosophy, enriches people's life and leads to spiritual fulfilment.

.....Because it is a wholistic program for physical energy and mind development
    Damian Kissey
    Shaolin Wahnam Sabah , Malaysia .
    www.shaolinwahnamsabah.com

Comment

Thanks for the Post. :-)

Very valuable information what you just linked.

I invite to all Shaolin Wahnam members to describe why Shaolin Kung Fu is the greatest martial art in the world. It can be fun and very enriching. I am pretty sure that those practisioners who also tried another martial arts can share their best for this occasion.

By the way, please to meet you Damian. It is a pleasure.

Shaolin Salute,

Santiago

Comment

Dear Santiago,

I've never noticed this thread before! But it is a great question you ask.

Why I think that Shaolin Kung Fu is the Greatest Martial Art in the World
        • My combat efficiency is much better having trained Shaolin than in the past when I trained the main external styles (tae kwon do, kickboxing, wrestling, jiu-jitsu)
        • It is a Martial Art rather than a Martial Sport. Trained Shaolin responses work in the street, against armed and multiple opponents. It is complete; being able to deal with all categories of attack and defence
        • It is a way of training self-defence safely and joyfully, both for self and others; opening rather than closing the heart
        • It is basically infinitely broad and deep, with endless scope for martial creativity and self-expression
        • It is a way of clearing and energising the meridians; of training energy, mind and spirit as well as the physical body
        • The holistic benefits will improve as I age, rather than deteriorate with time!
        • It allows healing of self, and eventually of others!
        • It is a way of practicing Zen in daily life, and as such it not only enriches and perfects everyday, but is a pathway to the highest attainment of sentient beings

So, that is why I consider it the Greatest Martial Art
        Sifu Andy Cusick

Shaolin Wahnam Thailand
        Shaolin Qigong

sigpic

Connect:
        Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

"a trained mind brings health and happiness"
        - ancient wisdom

Comment

Two major things that define a martial art are Force and application.

1. Force:
          You are developing your Body, Mind, Energy, Spirit in a potentially unlimited way. Most other external martial arts like Karate, Muay Thai are limited by age and muscular strength and only develops the body in most cases, and sad to say you generally harm yourself training these. Then what differs Shaolin Kung Fu from other great internal martial arts like genuine Tai Chi Chuan? I guess Shaolin Kung Fu has a wider range of methods of developing different types force. Also, Shaolin Kung Fu has a greater focus on spiritual cultivation as it was practised in the Shaolin temple.

2. Combat application:
          Comparing Shaolin kung fu to common martial arts like Muay Thai MMA etc, Shaolin Kung Fu has punches, kicks, locks and throws. Many martial arts don't have all categories, and if they do, they are generally taught for sport and have techniques which could be unsafe in real fights. Also the variety of techniques is much less. So what differs Shaolin from other genuine internal arts? I'm guessing its just a wider range of techniques. maybe for Tai Chi you have 4 counters for a technique but Shaolin you may have 6, which include the 4 from Tai Chi. I don't really know. I would be happy practising either genuine Shaolin or Tai Chi from our school!

Best,

Jas
          Last edited by JasD; 24 July 2013, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Shaolin Wahnam USA

"Every morning you are born again. What you do today is the most important thing".

Comment

Working...
            X