No announcement yet.

A sort of homecoming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

excellent! great write up and undoubtedly inspiring others. I have shared as far and wide as my social networking capabilities will allow!

all the best
    rich
    ++ smile ++ from ++ the ++ heart ++
    Rich Denyer-Bewick
    you can connect with me on: Facebook (personal/social), Linkedin (professional) and Twitter (a bit of both!)

Comment

Great stuff, Kevin!

I really enjoyed the time we spent together at the Intensive Taijiquan course.

You are a wonderful credit to yourself, your Sifu, our amazing Arts and to our school.

From the Heart,
      Jeffrey Segal

Comment

Dear Family,

Thank you all very much for your good wishes and kind words. They are deeply appreciated.

I was extremely happy with how the article turned out and I would like to extend my sincere thanks to Michelle McDonagh - the journalist who wrote it - for piecing it together so well. Michelle normally conducts interviews in a coffeeshop or over the phone but very kindly invited me to her home to allow us speak in private and in comfort. This was hugely appreciated.

The article featured in the weekly "My Health Experience" column in the newspaper which always tells the story of someone's personal health experience (98% of the time it features very negative stories). This scope did not allow Michelle include what I said about Shaolin Chi Kung and how it has helped many other people in other extraordinary ways. And while I might have liked her to mention some of the other tremendous benefits I have received from these arts, I can very much appreciate that the main focus was recovery from Tinnitus/Hyperacusis.

I thought there might have been some few words on an aspect of my Chi Kung history that I did not refer to in my own testimony: my years of Iron Shirt Chi Kung practice. I practiced Iron Shirt very diligently for well over two years under a very good instructor who himself had learned from a well-known Taoist Chi Kung master. These years were during the period for which I had an infrequent Shaolin Chi Kung practice. Iron Shirt was very good for my posture, strengthing my body, improvement in joint flexibility and really good for relaxation...but after more than two years there was absolutley no improvement whatsoever in my tinnitus or hyperacusis. Not a sniff.

Iron Shirt didn't even manage the illnesses: they continued to get progressively worse over this period.

There may be people in this school who only know one style of Chi Kung - Shaolin Chi Kung - and see our Chi Flow as being the norm in Chi Kung. It is not. It quite extraordinary, it is quite beautiful and is wonderfully unique. It is a rare and precious jew of unimaginable beauty that has the power to change us fundamentally as people and lead us back to the road of health, happiness and spiritual joy.

Best wishes to all the Shaolin Family,

Kevin

Comment

Great article Kevin .

Congratulations on your recovery ,you really are walking ,talking ,screaming proof of the benefits of Shaolin Chi Kung .

David .
          Dance like no one is watching .Sing like no one is listening .Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth .
          Mark Twain .

Comment

There may be people in this school who only know one style of Chi Kung - Shaolin Chi Kung - and see our Chi Flow as being the norm in Chi Kung. It is not. It quite extraordinary, it is quite beautiful and is wonderfully unique. It is a rare and precious jew of unimaginable beauty that has the power to change us fundamentally as people and lead us back to the road of health, happiness and spiritual joy.
            Beautiful , and congratulations on enjoying and appreciating your recovery.

Best,

Barry
            Profile at Capio Nightingale Hospital London Click here
            Chi Kung & Tai Chi Chuan in the UK Fully Alive
            Fully Alive on Facebook Fully Alive
            UK Summer Camp 2017 Click here for details
            sigpic

Comment

Dear Kevin

It was very inspiring to hear you talk about your story during the wonderful chi kung courses in Ireland.

I’m sure it will encourage others to know that while you wrote your testimonial and contacted the media in order to show your very sincere gratitude to Joan Sije, Sifu, the past masters and for the arts themselves – you were the one who benefited the most.

I know you pushed yourself to do this but it was heartening to learn that your effort cleared any lingering traces of doubt about your recovery from tinnitus.

It was great to hear you speak so passionately and to see how you’ve grown in confidence. You have certainly helped and inspired many people. I hope I've done justice here to what you said at the course.

Congratulations on your promotion to instructor – it’s very well deserved.

Thanks also for your kindness in Killarney.

Best wishes,

Fleur

Comment

Congratulations! And it is wonderful that you can listen to music, wind, running water or even honking cars without disturbance again.
                When one door closes, another one opens.

Comment

Kevin,

I am not sure if this thread is still active. Bu I have a need to reply to it anyway!
                  you inspired me to take more action on my own tinnitus. I think it is remarkable how you ended up rewiring your brain to beat hyperacusis and tinnitus.

I would really like to know how you experienced the recovery form to moment you noticed things where becoming better to the moment is was no long an issue! how did you experience changes and setbacks?

How are things today?

I hope to hear from you! You gave me some hope and "light"....

Comment

Hi Sjoerd,

Thank you for your post.

I am happy to say that I no longer have ANY sensitivity to sound and no longer have ANY tinnitus. I now enjoy many activities that previously were totally off-limits for me. But more importantly, I enjoy peace of mind and freedom from fear. It is a wonderful place to be.

I'll PM you to continue the chat!

All the best,

Kevin

Comment

Tinnitus.

Dear Kevin, I just sent you a message but the web response said that it didn't send so I'm trying again.

I have tinnitus. I first saw you blog about the issue on the Action for Hearing Loss website which led me to the Shaolin and the art of gigong.

I have had a single session with a healer but at the moment, due to compromised financial circumstances, I can't progress further at this stage. Hopefully soon things will change but not in the immediate short term.

In the session I was taught 'Lifting the Sky' but I was just wondering if you could offer any more advice with regarding to addressing the issue of tinnitus.

I've had the condition from about 20 years but more recently it has got a lot worse in the left ear which may be to do with an extreme about of stress.

Thank you for reading my message and I look forward to your response.

All good wishes - Mark

Comment

Kevin had the good fortune to have an excellent instructor who could guide him regularly and help him achieve his objective in a reasonable period. His instructor also just happens to be one of the best healers in Shaolin Wahnam.

You note that you have had a session with a healer (a Shaolin Wahnam Chi Kung Healer, I assume) and learnt Lifting the Sky. This is an excellent start.

What do you need to do now?

1. Practice what you have learnt
                        2. Save funds to be able to regularly visit your chosen Chi Kung Healer as soon as possible
                        3. Follow his/her advice and instructions to the letter

Simple, direct and effective (as is the norm in the Shaolin Arts)
                        Sifu Andrew Barnett
                        Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
                        Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
                        Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Thanks

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your advice which I will follow.

All good wishes - Mark

You note that you have had a session with a healer (a Shaolin Wahnam Chi Kung Healer, I assume) and learnt Lifting the Sky. This is an excellent start.

2. Save funds to be able to regularly visit your chosen Chi Kung Healer as soon as possible

Simple, direct and effective (as is the norm in the Shaolin Arts)[/QUOTE]

Comment

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forum.

I am very happy to hear you have taken the first step in recovering from tinnitus. Often this can be the hardest step of all to take. So well done on that!

From this point forward Andrew Sisook’s advice is excellent and worth repeating:

Originally posted by Andrew View Post

...and that's it in a nutshell.

There is no special ‘Tinnitus Chi Kung’ – Lifting the Sky would have been a regular pattern for me as I was recovering.

A point we all know, but worth reminding ourselves again and again, is that all illness is an energy blockage. Be it tinnitus, back pain, depression, etc, its root cause is an energy blockage. Our Chi Kung works fantastically in clearing these blockages and, as a consequence, we return to good health.

As you continue to practice this will happen to you as well Mark. But as Sisook Andrew mentioned, you must practice consistently and practice correctly... and of course obey the three golden rules!

All the best,

Kevin

Comment

Gratitude.

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for replying to my email and for confirming Andrew's advice.

I was and remain grateful to you for writing about your experiences as it was this that brought me to Shaolin.

All good wishes - Mark

Originally posted by Kevin_B View Post
                              Hi Mark,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forum.

I am very happy to hear you have taken the first step in recovering from tinnitus. Often this can be the hardest step of all to take. So well done on that!

From this point forward Andrew Sisook’s advice is excellent and worth repeating:

...and that's it in a nutshell.

There is no special ‘Tinnitus Chi Kung’ – Lifting the Sky would have been a regular pattern for me as I was recovering.

A point we all know, but worth reminding ourselves again and again, is that all illness is an energy blockage. Be it tinnitus, back pain, depression, etc, its root cause is an energy blockage. Our Chi Kung works fantastically in clearing these blockages and, as a consequence, we return to good health.

As you continue to practice this will happen to you as well Mark. But as Sisook Andrew mentioned, you must practice consistently and practice correctly... and of course obey the three golden rules!

All the best,

Kevin

Comment

Dear Mark, you contacted me and asked me to help you. As you have chosen me to as your Chi Kung Healer I will always give the best advice to you as my client.

You have mentioned in our emails that you have been practicing Lifting the Sky, you have followed the instructions, have achieved chi flow and have been experiencing some headaches. This you have experienced from one session.
                                It is likely that the headaches are a result of the rising Chi flow, however I need to be able to monitor your progress, but due to your personal circumstances I am unable to and firmly advise no practice until you’re able to return for following sessions.

We work with a policy of safety first, the Shaolin Wahnam Chi Kung healing is not to be taken lightly, it is a strong and powerful art that takes time and care for the client.

Best wishes
                                James

Originally posted by PaperAeroplane View Post
                                Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your advice which I will follow.

All good wishes - Mark

Simple, direct and effective (as is the norm in the Shaolin Arts)
                                [/QUOTE]
                                Aaahhhhh!

Comment

Working...
                                X