A sort of homecoming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Shaolin family,

Thank you all for your wonderful comments and good wishes. Reading such kind words from people (a lot who I have never met) has been very heartening and deeply uplifting.

When I set out to write my story I imagined the process being no different to writing something for work: report on my findings, watch the punctuation and grammar and be sure to perform a spell check. To my surprise however there was far more to it than just that.

I found myself getting very emotional when the words started to flow onto the page as the last ten years of my life were subject to much introspection. The enormity of what has transpired this past while was made manifest right before me. But it was in the two days after I posted that I felt something truly remarkable: a deep clearing of many things, but in particular the chief regret I have carried this past year and a half: my years of inconsistent practice.

I fully appreciate that feeding this regret with my thoughts was utterly pointless and very self-defeating. But it has been there, sometimes in red flashing lights, ever since I first started noticing improvements in my tinnitus: this could have been happening in 2004!

Writing my story however has had the very welcome, but unexpected, effect of severing this self-defeating attitude from my thinking. I am where I am today. My journey here has had many stages: rough at times, smooth at times and yes, completely stalled at times. But every step of it has taken me to where I am and for the first time, I am grateful for it all.

it's funny... and there I was in Killarney Singing and screaming my head off..
    Hi Nick,

The noise was ferocious and you certainly lead that charge on that one! I’m not going to enter into the virtual kwoon and lie. The noise in the room was a huge problem for part of the Saturday. I can however assure you Nick that you helped me ENORMOUSLY that weekend, and I can only express my deep gratitude to you for it (and to everyone else who was chanting/screaming/shouting). It was something I needed to be pushed through to get to where I am today. Thank you Nick! I look forward to meeting you again someday.

I too have had a hearing problem ever since I was a very young girl, although nowhere near as life-consuming as yours.
    As a result of countless inflammations of the middle ears when I was a small child, my eardrums are now very thick and covered with scars.
    The only result is that my hearing is quite dulled, nothing more.

Hi Fabienne,

I’m so sorry to hear of your problem, but of course, you need not worry: you are practicing Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung and bit by bit, or sometimes a lot at one time, your healing will manifest and a return to health will ensue. I wish you the best of luck with it!

So it’s onwards and upwards from here. I’m going to post my story on tinnitus forums (grim places) and explore other ways of getting the message out: there is a cure for tinnitus and there is a cure for hyperacusis! It is Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung!

And it’s onwards and upwards for my practice too, with the next great leap forward less than twenty days away…Valentine’s Festival of Chi Kung 2011! Oh what fun we are going to have…

Best wishes to all the Shaolin Family,

Kevin

Comment

Ey Kevin,

John just recommended me your testimonial. Very inspiring. In this Valentines Course, I have had you many many chi flows near by. I could hear you shouting and running all over the room and even outside (haha). I enjoyed that a lot.

It was very nice meeting you. I didn´t need to read your story to be convinced that you were such a great person but your post confirms it. Sharing gives sense to our lives. Thanks for sharing.

I still remember the last two chi flows on the course. It comes a big smile on my face and heart. Wonderful laughters.

Hope to see you soon and all the Irish Shaolin Wahnam Family.

Thank you Sifu Joan for making this 2011 Valentines Course posible and thank you Sigung for coming and visit us in this wonderful country.

Santiago

Comment

Kelvin, thank you for the story, very inspiring.

Comment

Dear Family,

Butterflies the size of Kansas are dancing in my belly this morning...

…because the story of how I overcame severe tinnitus and hyperacusis through practicing Shaolin Chi Kung is featured in today’s Irish Times. Please find the link to the online version below.

The Irish Times is Ireland’s most respected newspaper, its so-called newspaper of record. It is both significant and very welcome that an excellent case-study of the quite extraordinary benefits of practicing Shaolin Chi Kung is featured in its pages.

I was interviewed by a journalist from the newspaper in March who wrote the article subsequent to our meeting. I had absolutley no say in how it was constructed. I have only read it myself for the first time this morning. I will post my thoughts on the article later on.

I would like to express my deep and sincere gratitude and appreciation to Sifu Joan and Grandmaster Wong for everything they have given me these past few years. My healing has only been possible through your generosity and kindness.

Here is the link:

Best wishes to all the Shaolin Family,

Kevin

Comment

Dear Kevin

Goodness me, how AWESOME is that ? I'd also have to say that your nice flow of chi seems to have attracted a very nice, non-ridiculing journalist, which is excellent!

Congratulations again, this is the nicest reminder of your wonderful achievements ever.

Shaolin greetings
            Fabienne

Comment

Hi Kevin,

Congratulations! I'm sure your story will inspire someone to give Chi Kung a try! And this is my favourite part:
              After it, my tinnitus and hyperacusis continued to diminish every day until I was totally free of both

Keep it up!

Comment

Dear Kevin and Family,

I am very proud of Kevin, it takes a lot of courage and a deep sense of gratitude to contact a well respected newspaper and to tell your story to the world.

Kevin is an excellent student and a wonderful guy and I know his journey with our Arts will go from strength to strength

My deepest respect to Sifu and to all the Shaolin Masters, we are very blessed.

My thanks also to Michelle McDonagh of the Irish Times.

Smile from the Heart,
                Joan
                Books don't mean a lot unless you open them, Hearts are the same.......

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
                GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
                ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN
                THE INCREDIBLE 3 DAY INTENSIVE ZEN COURSE .

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Congratulations, what a wonderful story

Enjoy the music!
                  When one door closes, another one opens.

Comment

Dear Kevin Si jat,

Congratulation's on your recovery and for your courage to go to the Irish Times to give hope to others.

Shaolin Salute,
                    Brendan

Comment

Fantastic!

Your courage will inspire others

Many congratulations on the article, and on your recovery
                      Sifu Andy Cusick

Shaolin Wahnam Thailand
                      Shaolin Qigong

sigpic

Connect:
                      Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

"a trained mind brings health and happiness"
                      - ancient wisdom

Comment

Dear Kevin Sihing,

Congratulations on your great story being printed in the Irish Times. Thank you for being an inspiration.

Shaolin Salute,

Dominic.

Comment

What an inspiring story, Kevin!

Patience, faith, courage and practice

With Shaolin Salute,
                          Lee Wei Joo
                          http://shaolinwahnammalaysia.com/

Comment

Congratulations to the Sigujie and Sihing for this marvelous development! And Sihing might I add a fine picture! Ireland is a beautiful backdrop for chi kung.

Best,
                            Chia-Hua

Comment

I am proud of you

Congratulations Siheng. You are an inspiration to everybody and also for me. You know that.

It is a pleasure and a honour to have done many many courses with you. And not only that but also being your brother and enjoying so memorable times with such a wonderful person. :-)

Shaolin Salute,

Santiago

Comment

Simply beautiful Kevin

Comment

Working...
                                X