Cycle of Qi in the 12 Primary Meridians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely fascinating Christina.

I think it's awesome that you have incorporated much of this stuff into your practice. I don't pretend to know a lot about Chinese medicine (but I'm working on it ), but my gut tells me that some very important core ideas are being overlooked by many practitioners today. To hear you are integrating these things is very reassuring.

Originally posted by ChristinaB View Post
    sidebar
    (How do i know if the points are open or not? Lucky for me my long history of pulse diagnosis and more importantly my force training like one finger shooting zen have led my fingertips to be extremely sensitive. I am able to palpate points and determine whether the energy at the points is empty, stagnant or flowing smoothly - usually open points can feel strongly flowing and may have the bubbling, chaotic feel of stagnation as well - it is just much stronger and easier to access than a point that doesn't have this extra burst.)
    Thanks for the sidebar, again this is great to hear. It seems to correspond more with the ancient way of diagnosing and treating based on which points are deficient or in excess of qi (as I understand it). Really I know next to nothing about it, but I'm fascinated by it and hope to eventually incorporate it into my own practice.

Of course the world where we live is vastly different from the one inhabited by our past masters and as such we have to take allowance of this modern world in our treatments (as you said, the patient with raging arthritis doesn't care about the phase of the moon and we have to pay the bills), but those classics are a roadmap and we can often better treat people by following them as close as possible.

I'm really looking forward to seeing you again in Malaysia and discussing this with you .
    有志著事竟成

Shaolin Wahnam Twin Cities

Genuine Shaolin Kungfu and Qigong in Minnesota
    https://www.shaolinwahnamtc.com/

Comment

Jeffery - For Chris and I getting to meet more and more of our Shaolin Wahnam family at the last couple courses has been almost as wonderful as getting to learn from Sifu - and I know that is saying a lot! We will look forward to meeting you as well!
      Which courses will you be on?

Molly - you are so correct! The question is how to improve our ability to read a roadmap!

While we live in a seemingly vastly different world today I am willing to bet the “chinese medical” understanding of the human organism and it’s relation to the physical and non-physical world at the heart should be the same today as it was for the past Masters.
      It is the loss of perspective we suffer not true change in the laws of physics. In fact I find that much of what I learn from Quantum Mechanics, string and M theories and much of modern insight in “physics” is often what helps me to most accept some of the statements of the past masters in a broader context than the limited one I have from living in this century. I truly believe we are finally discovering a type of “insight” or “perspective” of reality which may help us take even more understanding from the original ideas in the classics.
      Interestingly for me the art of qigong and zen as taught by our Sifu is a large part of what helps me to open up my perspectives and gain insight in my clinical practice. when I find I want to apply a treatment I go into a qigong state of mind and sometimes I am surprised when a very different treatment comes flowing! Then it is exciting to work backwards and find all the reasons why that treatment was better - later, if I really want to let my brain intellectualize! We are so lucky : )

Yeniseri -

Just a point or two I would like to address.

It is the assertion of my Sifu, Sifu Wong, that the classics were not intended for an uninitiated audience but rather certain knowledge and understanding of the basics of the material were understood and therefore left out which can lead to confusion in translation. (me -Whether or not that actual base knowledge has filtered down to us as modern practitioners in it’s entirety is questionable.)

As Sifu Wong is a native speaker of multiple dialects of chinese and more importantly a direct lineage from venerable past masters, including an individual who has translated multiple classics of kungfu, qigong, taiqichuan and even sutras - I am inclined to believe his position in this matter.

While I agree the chinese language has changed dramatically over its incredibly long history - this only highlights to me the need for a master with a clear and direct lineage of the “teachings” of past masters to help us in our understanding of classic material.

you bring up a very interesting point - about qigong and the phase of the moon. In our qigong we generally do not use our intent to “send or qi” to any specific part of the body. Of course the teaching is there and is valid - yet we are lucky enough to have qi flow to make those “decisions” and do our work for us! How lucky we are to be so safe : )
      from the Heart...

Comment

Sabah and Penang

Hi Christina,

I'll be attending the Shaolin-Taijiquan course and then the Qigong Healing course

See you there!
        Jeffrey Segal

Comment

Fantastic
          Both Chris and i will get a chance to meet you then! Barely a month away!!!
          from the Heart...

Comment

qi max min

there are several methods to "measure" the qi flow through the meridians, pulse diagnostic for example is quit common used. Another way are the muscle test of kiniseology, therapeutic touch users feel it and so on. I never tried to make experiments if the theory of the 2 hour max / min meridian clock but this discussion brought me the idea to make every two hour a pulse diagnose or muscle test to find out where is the qi maximum now. I think its very intutive to have the heart meridian maximum at midday. so its clear, that the meridian clock uses local time. if you are in a cave, the rythmn goes crazy. if you fly, you need time to syncronisze your meridian clock with the local clock. its a trick to avoid jetlag to synchronize your meridian clock during the flight with the local time by stimulating the meridian wich should be max at the local time.
            lg Irene Hewarth www.shaolinqigong.at

Comment

Although as an elementary student of acupuncture I do not have the expertise to contribute to this thread I would very much like to thank you all for such a wonderful read and for sharing your insight into this subject, it has been very illuminating!
              Also thank you Yeniseri for branching the subject matter to expand from the topic at hand and giving our wonderful family members an opportunity to teach us through example a lesson outside of the scope of conversation to include tolerance and understanding of other perspectives!

Shaolin Salute!

Comment

Working...
              X