Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese Chess Scholar project

Dear Family,

I am wondering how many of you can play Chinese Chess?

I am making out a programme, over the Christmas period, for the Scholar project for 2011.

Among other things I would like to begin a Chinese Chess tournament within the Shaolin Wahnam Family. Beginnning with regional heats and then International.

You can leave your name and experience, following this post please. It should be good FUN

Smile from the Heart,
    Joan
    Books don't mean a lot unless you open them, Hearts are the same.......

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
    GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
    ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN
    THE INCREDIBLE 3 DAY INTENSIVE ZEN COURSE .

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Well please count me in Sifu!

I love playing (standard) chess so I'm sure Chinese chess will be a lot of fun.
    Right: now where can I find myself a “How to play Chinese Chess” book?

All the best,
    Kevin

Comment

Hern Hao!

Dear Sije,

Great idea for a Scholar Project!

I learned to play Chinese Chess while living in China.

I am a beginner.

Doing a quick internet search, I found that there were a number of on-line websites that gave tutorials and allowed one to play against other opponents around the world. I wonder if any of these websites would allow us to set up a private tournament? I will research this when I get some time.

At any rate, count me in. It will be a great skill to develop, and those lucky enough may get an opportunity to sit down with Sifu one day and play a game.

Your Sidai,

Chas.
      Charles David Chalmers
      Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Dear Sije,

I would love to learn how to play Chinese Chess. Will you be giving classe's on how to play?

Kidest Regard's,
        Brendan

Comment

Dear Kevin, Charles and Brendan,

Thank you for your lovely comments and enthusiasm.

A private online tournament would be excellent Charles, thank you for your very kind offer of checking that out for me.

The other option would be to have students meet up in their own regions, countries and then internationally to play each other....live.

e.g
          If there are 10 students in Ireland who can play, they meet up and play to find the overall winner in Ireland (same for all countries)

The winner from each country compete against each other. A draw is held to decide who plays who. Quarter finals, Semi finals and Final.

The overall winner is given a very nice prize and has the option to teach 'new' students during special Scholar project weekends and paid for doing so.

So right now..............all I know is that Charles can play (beginner) and Kevin and Brendan would like to learn.

Do we have anybody else from the other Shaolin Wahnam countries?

The Scholar projects so far have been lots of fun, and this will be no exception, I promise!

Smile from the Heart,
          Joan

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
          GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
          ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Joan sije,

I can't play yet but it would be fun to learn.

Best,

Barry
            Profile at Capio Nightingale Hospital London Click here
            Chi Kung & Tai Chi Chuan in the UK Fully Alive
            Fully Alive on Facebook Fully Alive
            UK Summer Camp 2017 Click here for details
            sigpic

Comment

Joan sije,

I can't play yet but it would be fun to learn.

Best,

Barry
              Profile at Capio Nightingale Hospital London Click here
              Chi Kung & Tai Chi Chuan in the UK Fully Alive
              Fully Alive on Facebook Fully Alive
              UK Summer Camp 2017 Click here for details
              sigpic

Comment

I play Chinese chess and at the moment teaching/playing with my 2 boys of 10 and 8 respectively. I enjoy losing the games to them.

I still recall the only competitive games in my second year in University when I was forced to represent the class (not that I was good but there were only a few to choose from). I can't remember how I fared but know for sure I did not even enjoy winning. That was first and last time I participated in a chess competition. Since then I only played every occasionally, may be a game or two in a year. I think I am still a beginner and may progress to the intermediate stage with some more training.

I would love to play my Wahnam family but probably not in a formal competition.

Qingui

Comment

Originally posted by qingui
                  I play Chinese chess and at the moment teaching/playing with my 2 boys of 10 and 8 respectively. I enjoy losing the games to them.
                  Dear Sir,

What a good idea. Time to ask some young people in Taiwan to teach me how to play Chinese Chess.

Mark
                  Facebook

"Then how could chi kung overcome diseases where the cause is unknown or when there is no cure? The question is actually incorrect. The expressions "the cause is unknown" and "there is no cure" are applicable only in the Western medical paradigm. The expressions no longer hold true in the chi kung paradigm. In the chi kung paradigm the cause is known, and there is a cure."

-Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Comment

Sije,

I have absolutely no idea how to play so I guess this is a perfect opportunity to learn. I would like to get involved in this project.

Regards,

John.
                    I think I amenlightened ............

Comment

I've felt like my tactical mind is in serious need of training. However, I'm betting this is only for current Shaolin Wahnam students.

What's more I'm seeing a lot of people who also don't know how to play. I doubt one more who isn't yet a student is going to add much.

Comment

Dear Barry, qingui, Mark, John and Alex,

Thank you for taking the time to post.

It is good to get an overall view of people's abilities, then we are in a better position to organise different events.

So

1)If you can already play please let me know. Please mention if you can play well or just beginning.

2) If you wish to learn how to play, please let me know also.

3) If you just wish to play outside of competition, please also let me know.

4) If you are not a Shaolin Wahnam student but interested in learning or playing, please also let me know.

All Scholar projects are open to Shaolin Wahnam students and non members.

So lets have fun whether it is playing in competition, playing with your friends or learning. We have many options to choose from

Smile from the Heart
                        Joan

GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
                        ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Internet Club

Dear All,

I have only looked at this site briefly, but it offers rules, and an opportunity to play live with players around the world:

clubxiangqi.com/

Let me know how it goes.

Yours,
                          Charles David Chalmers
                          Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Dear Sije Joan

I love to play Standard chess and would love to learn how to play Chinese Chess, sounds like fun

Regards

Gregg

Comment

Dear Charles and Gregg,

Thank you

The site looks very interesting Charles, I really appreciate your input.

I have more exciting news on learning Chinese Chess in the coming weeks, so please get your name on here or PM me and don't miss the opportunity

Smile from the Heart,
                              Joan

GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
                              ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X