X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess some people just don't really want to be helped . Oh well
    Sifu Andrew Barnett
    Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
    Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
    Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Hi Andrew

I am grateful that you even replied to my question in the fist place as I know that your probably a busy guy. As for finding a teacher or sifu it is limited because the area that I live in is pretty rural, I used to live in a bigger city with more choices . I already do a little chikung and know many methods I just like to look at things from other peoples perspectives and thought posting on your forum would do that. I only am interested in chikung for health and to be honest my result are positive and I have have never injured my self although I am sure that it is possible. If you don’t want to share your knowledge I understand as I can get a bit hesitant myself. I guess chikung is just very interesting subject to me and I am thirsty for knowledge

Comment

Kan and Li,

You sound like a really nice person. This is why I am posting this so hopefully this will help you. I don't know what you are practicing, or the people/instructors you have met who taught you, or you have spoken to. I don't know your background but I have this advice to give which is very sincere:

I highly recommend you find a real-life, high level chi gong master.

Trying to practice on your own and collecting techniques along the way will not help much in the long term. There is a very good chance that it will take you years and years to get any real benefit if you try all on your own. If you manage to reach any high level internal development, it would have been much easier if you had studied from a master.

The question you need to ask is "How serious am I about learning internal arts?" People travel the world trying to find a high level sifu (that is not a figure of speech). I was lucky, and just had to travel the country that I lived in to find one. The journey is worth it, and if you are determined enough, you will find what you are looking for, but you have to look for it.

I am not judging you, or presuming to know you in any way. I am also writing this for anyone else that is in your situation. To find high level instruction is usually not easy. You have to look for it and never give up.

When you find a Sifu, remember to be humble and learn all you can from him/her. Don't go in having preconceived notions about your training. Many styles are different, but many lead to the same peak.

Take care Kan and Li

Comment

Hi Kan and Li,

supposed you want to learn playing the piano. You then buy music notes, find some technical advice, and begin to learn. You then read books to learn the one and other hint. You even may ask some piano teachers to give you a couple of advices.

Do you think - even with regular practice - you will be a good piano player?

You will not. You need a "school", a continuous advice by one teacher.
          Teachers are different: one teaches Russian school, meaning that your hands have to be stiff, holding a coin on its backs. The other teaches another school, meaning you have to wave your hands in a round movement when playing.

Do you understand what I want to express?
          It is never good to mix schools. It is never good to learn virtually instead of a fleshly master who sees and recognizes you, with all your physical and psychical problems, and seeks answers just for you personally. A master can see what you need just now. A book cannot. You yourself cannot because you are ignorant in this genre.

I am quite a newcomer too , I began my home practice after Sifu's book "The art of Chi Kung". Then, last year, I visited a course with Sifu, and since then I followed all his advices. Now I have a Sije (an instructor who learned with Sifu) as well , and I am very soon visiting my second course with Sifu.

I would warmly give advice to you to decide for a Qi Gong style, and keep with it, finding a master of this style, and work with him.

Yours
          confermezza
          ... alles, alles, alles ist doch auf Liebe aufgebaut ..." (Ellen Auerbach, 1997)

Comment

Try using the inner heat tantra it allows all of your body to heat by connecting the meridian's

Comment

Apologies if this is unhelpful - but it might amuse you.

Aside from "fever", I've had one occurrence of this that comes immediately to mind, and I don't think I'd recommend it. One evening I had some poppadoms and a jar of lime chilli chutney. I seem to have managed to eat my way through the entire jar.

The next morning, on the train to work, "heat" hit me. I felt a little faint and ran to the toilet room. I stood in there, closed the door and leaned forward on the wall to stabilize myself and tried to relax.

About a second later there was a huge surge of heat. The window, The entire room including the mirror was covered in condensation. I was left feeling a little chilly and shaky but quite relaxed and healthy.

I suspect it was purely a natural defense mechanism and probably not recommended for a large number of reasons, but might give you a laugh at any rate. Let that be a lesson when eating chilli

Comment

I just read through this entire semi-fiasco in one go and had a really good laugh (Andrew Sipak, you're the best). Some people are unbelievable . I feel very blessed that I was lucky enough to be able to shed at least some of that ignorance and the "always need to be right" mindset over the last couple of years.

And Simon, your story topped it off wonderfully . Thank you for another laugh! As for my own experience: I never wear gloves when I'm out and about, even during the coldest winter. If my hands get cold, which is rare enough as it is, I form two tiger fists and just send a very gentle thought to them. Aaand poof, they're warm ! It's really neat. Kung Fu "daily life applications" for the win!

Laughing from the belly,
                Fabienne

Comment

Working...
                X