No announcement yet.

how do you genarate heat in your body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you genarate heat in your body?

Hi everybody

I just wanted to know any methods or theories on how to increase heat(yang energy) in the body and or dan tain, any help will be greatly appreciated.

(Peace to you all)

Why would you want to do that?
    Sifu Andrew Barnett
    Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
    Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
    Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Hi Andy

why do you want to know?

Comment

Forum

Hi Kan,
        The reason the question was probably asked,so we could give you a better answer.

Please remember you asked a question on the forum that is for Wahnam Members. And that while we welcome other guests, we do have a code of conduct.

This is not just a forum but a virtual kwoon.

I take you are interested in theories of increasing Yang energy, because of the Daoist practises. Of Kan and Li ( fire and water).

We dont worry about that we just let the chi flow and balance Yin/Yang harmony.

Mark
        Sifu Mark Appleford

sigpic

Comment

I drink warm water
          百德以孝为先
          Persevere in correct practice

Comment

Originally posted by kan and li View Post
            Hi Andy
            Was he refering to me?
            Sifu Andrew Barnett

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
              Was he refering to me?
              LOL! I suppose you two haven't met.

Hi Kan and Li,

Do you practice chinese martial arts or strictly chi gong? Could you tell me a little of your background in chi gong/kungfu?

Comment

Robert -> Bob
                William - > Bill
                Anthony - > Tony

and the strange American transformation of John -> Jack

Hmmm, I think it is vaguely possible....
                百德以孝为先
                Persevere in correct practice

Comment

Originally posted by Daoist View Post
                  Do you practice chinese martial arts or strictly chi gong?
                  He (assuming the gender here) obviously does not practice Martial Arts . I would also suggest he (still assuming) does not practice Chi Kung.
                  Sifu Andrew Barnett

Comment

I didn't want to assume either way about Kan and Li's background, but perhaps you are right. Hopefully Kan and Li will reply and give me some insight into his/her experience. It was an interesting question, and could develop into a good discussion. I am a "he" for the record,

Comment

Originally posted by daoist View Post
                      i am a "he" for the record,
                      lol :d
                      Sifu Andrew Barnett

Comment

Hi daoist

yes Andrew I was talking about you sorry if I offended you mate that was not my intention.

hi daoist I have done a lot of different martial arts growing up but never stayed in one any longer then a year except mma. I keep practising mma (mainly muay thai) grappling I find is a bit more complex and dont train as much, all though if I wanted to better my ground game a friend from church is happy to help me as he is a lot better than me.

As for a qigong i learnt a bit through different martial arts yang style tai chi chan, tong long and so forth and so forth, but mostly by talking with qigong practitioners, reading books reasoning and experimentation. In the end results are what count.

the reason I ask about how to increase heat in the body is because I believe that heat is chi and cold is the absence of chi like comparing the
                        sun to deep space. So there for any practice that builds warmth in the body increases your chi.

Also I am sorry about my bad gramma I should of paid more attention in school.

Comment

Ok, thanks for sharing your background with us.

Chi is not heat, or heat is not chi per se. To put it another way, not all forms of heat in this universe are chi, and not all chi is experienced as heat. Chi can also be perceived as cold, light, heavy, sticky, wet, dry (if it is stagnant), and many other sensations.

It is easy to cultivate yang chi. Many kung fu styles do this by practicing the ma bu, or horse stance posture. Later on (several years of practice), the chi becomes more yin as well as yang.

If you really want to learn, settle on a real-life kungfu master (rare) or a real-life chi gong master (even more rare). Trying to learn from a book is like trying to learn from a sifu whom you cannot ask any questions - a bad idea in my view. Masters are hard to find, but you might not have to look too far. Kungfu and Chi gong (or Nei Gong as some older masters like to call it) take a lot of time and dedication to learn. You must be prepared to dedicate yourself.

Comment

i know what your saying i just don't agree with all of it

hi daoist i know what your saying i just don't agree with all of it. A greet qigong practitioner once told me there is (one chi) and all types of energy in the universe are this chi in different forms and with my experiece i think this is true it is also backed up in books that i have read on chi, also moden science can be applied to qigong

the gigong practitioner that told about (one chi) had such powerfulll energy that it surge through me and made everthing bright and I felt like I was in harmony with the universe, he look so bright pure and healty it was crazy! he is the only person i have met that is like this and i have met alot of qigong practitioner and master that where no where near as adept

none the less thank you for your perspective daoist

Comment

standing practices

daoist

I have use standing practices to and the do build energy especially if they are done long enough, but I use them more for base or being rooted I have found you can just stand there in a natural pose and it has benefits you don’t even have to bend your neas.

Comment

Working...
                              X