Shaolin Praying Mantis and 18 Lohanarts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Roland Siheng,

Many thanks and congratulations on your effort in this very worthy project.
    It is inspirational for those of us who want to help promote and preserve Praying Mantis, and also those brothers and sisters I think who have studied or are interested in other genuine styles of Kungfu outside of our core syllabus, to see what can be achieved.
    I'd really like to come over to Switzerland again (my new favourite country) to continue my study of Praying Mantis and the 18 Lohan Arts.

Paul

Comment

Hey Paul,
      Nice to hear that you enjoyed your trip to Switzerland. It was very nice to welcome you here. The students were happy to see U as well!

Please be our guest any time. Be sure we will continue our Praying Mantis training! I shall keep you updated!

Best regards,

Roland
      "From formless to form, from form to formless"

26.08.17-28.08.17: Qi Gong Festival with 6 courses in Bern:
      Qiflow-Triple Stretch Method-12 Sinewmetamorphisis-Bone Marrow Cleansing-Zen Mind in Qi Gong

Comment

First post

Greetings to all of you

I am very inexperienced when it comes to forums and discussions, so I might be a bit wary considering the choosing of my words=).
        Nonetheless, I would like to share my humble point of view about this amazing experience as well.

As Sipak Anthony so beautifully put it in his speech (on the last evening in Bern that we've all spent together): "We may not be able to fully grasp the scope and meaning of what we've just experienced, yet."

While this statement is more than certainly true, some of us still tried to understand and process what we've learned, and still gained a lot out of these amazing days we were able to spend together as a family.

So, to put it a bit shorter: Even though I am still amazed by all the new things we were able to absorb (of course also thanks to the unrivaled teaching-abilities of Sigung Wong) and try to include them in my training as often as I can, I still have to say that the best experience I took with me from these three days is the sense of "togetherness"; of family.
        It was mindblowing and unlike anything I've ever felt. I said it to many people, but I'll say it again: I am honoured and blessed to have stumbled over such opportunities and having had people who've supported me from the very start. You all know who you are and I hope that you also know how grateful I still am and probably always will be=).

Still, I have gained a new sense of understanding considering my chi, gained a whole new perspective of Shaolin Kung Fu as a whole and that is something I enjoy terribly, every single day.

And to Paul: Sifu is certainly spot-on when he mentions that the students enjoyed your presence. I did so immensely and hope to meet you (ALL of you) again very soon=)! Maybe next year in Bern?

Warm greetings

Fabienne

Comment

Dear Brother Roland,

Thanks for your interesting thread!

In fact, few minutes ago I was asking Sifu his opinion about teaching the 18 Lohan Arts at the Blue Mountain next year, and…he enthusiastically said yes!

Sifu kindly mentioned that soon he will share the names of each one of the exercises. Wonderful!

Full of gratitude we are looking forward to learn these amazing Arts from Sifu.

Kind regards,

Rama

Comment

Originally posted by Luo Lang View Post
            Hey Paul,
            Nice to hear that you enjoyed your trip to Switzerland. It was very nice to welcome you here. The students were happy to see U as well!

Please be our guest any time. Be sure we will continue our Praying Mantis training! I shall keep you updated!
            Thank you Siheng, I'm very happy to hear that! I definitely want to come back, I've been enjoying the Praying Mantis training very much since returning and there is a lot to explore - chop fist against boxers, kick defences, double kicks... and I feel I need to go over a couple of patterns of the 18 Lohan Arts set.

Originally posted by Danateske View Post
            I still have to say that the best experience I took with me from these three days is the sense of "togetherness"; of family.
            It was mindblowing and unlike anything I've ever felt. I said it to many people, but I'll say it again: I am honoured and blessed to have stumbled over such opportunities and having had people who've supported me from the very start. You all know who you are and I hope that you also know how grateful I still am and probably always will be=).
            Hi Fabienne, this was very nice to read, well said! I was trying to touch on this a bit somewhere in this post:

I saw this togetherness a lot in the Swiss classes, there was a very nice spirit of friendship and caring amongst them, proper kungfu brotherhood/sisterhood!

Originally posted by Danateske View Post
            And to Paul: Sifu is certainly spot-on when he mentions that the students enjoyed your presence. I did so immensely and hope to meet you (ALL of you) again very soon=)! Maybe next year in Bern?
            Ah thank you, the same to you it was great to meet all you guys, looking forward to see you all in Bern again!

Comment

Originally posted by Sifu Rama View Post
              I was asking Sifu his opinion about teaching the 18 Lohan Arts at the Blue Mountain next year, and…he enthusiastically said yes!
              Great news, Rama. Sifu has also agreed to teach this set in Zurich next summer
              Sifu Andrew Barnett
              Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
              Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
              Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Dear All,

Every time I go on a course with Sifu I end up concluding: this must have been the most awesome course I have attended so far. The Praying Mantis course is definitely no exception! The 18 Lohan Arts were stunning, and the simple yet profound Praying Mantis set and applications were too.

The Swiss students were simply wonderful: hospitable, welcoming and friendly. This was truly a magnificent course for me.

Thanks to Sifu, Roland Sihing and the Swiss students for making this course so special.

Thanks to Paul and Steven for training after training and for their company. It was great fun!

Roeland
                www.shaolinwahnam.nl
                www.shaolinholland.com

Comment

Dear Brother Rama,
                  In fact, few minutes ago I was asking Sifu his opinion about teaching the 18 Lohan Arts at the Blue Mountain next year, and…he enthusiastically said yes!

Sifu kindly mentioned that soon he will share the names of each one of the exercises. Wonderful!

Full of gratitude we are looking forward to learn these amazing Arts from Sifu.
                  This is a very very nice approach. In fact Sifu would love to share the 18 Lohanarts within our family. From what I can tell is, they are marvellous in many ways. Having these Art at the Blue Mountain would be a fantastic opportunity for all involved.

I can only motivate that course organisers consider to offer a 18 Lohanarts course! Just ask Sifu and you shall recieve. At the end I am very happy if as many students as possible benefit from these wonderful execises.

Best regards,

Roland

Qiflow-Triple Stretch Method-12 Sinewmetamorphisis-Bone Marrow Cleansing-Zen Mind in Qi Gong

Comment

The gift is ready

Dear family,
                    The gift is ready to watch:

Comment

Dear Siheng, thank you so much for sharing this!

Comment

Dear Sifu, thank you so much for sharing this!

@wooden shoes: Thank you so much for saying this, Roeland! Will you let me share your words with all my swiss brothers and sisters who are not members of this forum? I'm sure they'll be delighted to hear this as well!
                        I am also certain that I'd love to see you again next year=)!

Warm greetings to all

Fabienne

Comment

Since I've returned home after the course I've been practicing the Eighteen-Lohan Arts and I'm very, very inspired about how profound they are. They are another secret that I had never heard of until the discussions of the Praying Mantis course began last year.

I'm pleased to say that Sifu will be teaching them in Long Beach, CA in November. The announcement can be found here http://wongkiewkit.com/forum/showthr...7609#post97609
                          Anthony S

Western USA

http://elitechikung.com/

Visit Anthony Spinicchia’s web site with information on qigong healing.

His book, The Wonders of Chi Kung:Unlocking Glowing Health and Vitality, 3rd Edition, can be found by clicking here

The e-book edition can be found at www.amazon.com kindle store

Comment

Thank you Siheng

Comment

Hello Fabienne!

It would be very nice if you could pass on the message that the Swiss Wahnam Family is a great one! I really enjoyed the course and the stay. I would love to come again next year and see you and the other Swiss students again

Best wishes

Roeland
                              www.shaolinwahnam.nl
                              www.shaolinholland.com

Comment

Dear Roeland

Btw, I forgot: are you my sisook or not? I really can't remember. I know that we've talked about it on this infamous Tuesday, but it's just no good.

And so it shall pass=)! It is a great coincidence that we are going to have a big Bern-Zurich-Meeting this weekend, so I will surely be able to pass on your message!

Greetings to all of you and happy training

Fabienne

Comment

Working...
                                X