Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on Travelling to Frankfurt International Airport

Dear Wahnam Family,

I am planning on going to Frankfurt “International” airport and was wondering if I can get advice from those who have travelled from London the Frankfurt.

Firstly, there are two airports in Frankfurt I believe. Frankfurt International airport and the other one . Is it safe to assume that all flights from UK goes to Frankfurt International airport because UK is international to Frankfurt.

Secondly, do you have any recommendations on where to look for cheap flights and which airlines go the Frankfurt International airport.

Thank you and best wishes

Martin

Cheap Flights

Hi Martin,
    If you can help I would not get flights into Frankfurt Hahn. It about two and half hours away from frankfurt.

So it adds a lot of time to your journey. If you check out flights from London, you should be able to get avery reasonable flight.

Lufthansa
    BMI
    BA

Were some of the direct ones I checked out

Unfortunetly I wont make it to the ten tigers this year, as I cant get the time of work. ( Am going to the small universe ). But was hoping to go out the weekend before.

Hope that helps

Mark
    Sifu Mark Appleford

sigpic

Comment

Dear Mark Sisook,

Thank you very much for your kind advice .

I am still keen to hear more advice and in particular, is it safe to assume all flights from London goes to Frankfurt International airport and not Frantfurt Hahn. When I looked at flights last night there was no clear indication which Frankfurt airport flights from London was going to.

Thank you again Sisook for your advice . I am sorry to hear you're unable to make make it to Frankfurt this year. Myself I heard Frankfurt is a beautiful city full of friendly, kind and gentle people and so I wanted to be amongst this crowd for a few days

With my best wishes

Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Do View Post
        Myself I heard Frankfurt is a beautiful city full of friendly, kind and gentle people and so I wanted to be amongst this crowd for a few days
        I lived & trained six months in Frankfurt amongst the German Wahnam Family there.

Those are definitely some of the BEST memories of my life to date.

Have a nice trip Bro!

Maxime

Maxime Citerne, Chinese Medicine, Qigong Healing & Internal Arts

Frankfurt - Paris - Alsace

France: www.institut-anicca.com

Germany: www.anicca-institute.com

Comment

Hi,

I'm also thinking of flying to Frankfurt, I am searching for flights in this sites:

The international airpport code for Frankfurt International Airport is 'FRA' (Hahn is HHN) so you may search your flights with that in mind, just to make sure that you get to the proper airport.

Also, bear in mind that most low-cost companies such as Ryanair or Easyjet normally fly to the outermost airport, so you probably won't find a flight to FRA from a low cost.

By the way, I am thinking of going to the tournament in September, is there anyone organizing accommodation? If I can spare a buck by staying on some cheap hotels (preferrably near the Kwoon) that would be great!
          Last edited by mping; 22 July 2010, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Wohooo

Dear Mping ,

Thank you for your suggestions and help. I booked my flight (well, my kungfu uncle did on my behalf actually) last night through Luthansa for £89 return .

I am very excited about the trip now. Hope to see you there.

Best wishes

Martin

Comment

I'm happy to see you guys soon.
              Benedikt Vennen
              Shaolin Wahnam Germany

May I be firm and resolute. may I be kind, compassionate, and friendly. May I be humble, calm, quiet, unruffled and serene. May I serve to be perfect. May I be perfect to serve.

Comment

I think you can sleep in the kwoon if you like. Just ask Sifu.
                Benedikt Vennen
                Shaolin Wahnam Germany

May I be firm and resolute. may I be kind, compassionate, and friendly. May I be humble, calm, quiet, unruffled and serene. May I serve to be perfect. May I be perfect to serve.

Comment

Hey Benedikt Sihing ,

I hope I find you well and happy . I am very much looking forward to seeing you and the Wahnam family in Frankfurt soon too. It'll be great fun .

Best wishes

Martin

Comment

Dear Various Family Members

I would be very grateful if someone could inform me whether spectators will be allowed at this wonderful event, or if the doors are open for participants only.

Warm wishes

Mike

Comment

Hi all,

Just wanted to say I've bought my ticket to Frankfurt!
                      I'm very excited to see you all, I hope I can be up to the standards of the upcoming tournament

Hope to see you soon, better sharpen my skills until September hehehe

Comment

Great

Hey MPing,

Great to hear you got your flight soughted out . It'll be lovely to meet you there. it's myy first time in Frankfurt and I am really exited about the whole visit too .

Mike Sihing, I don't know the answer to your question. I started this thread to enquire about travelling to Frankfurt. Perhaps it's a good idea to start a thread on the tournament for these kind of questions and other discussions. I may start one later on today if I get the chance.

Best wishes

Martin

Comment

Working...
                        X