Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My kungfu routine

Hey all,
    I´m changing my Kung Fu routine and thought it would be a good idea to put it here on the forum so that any wahnam instructors could give me some feedback. I´m going to do some organic farming next week and then on a trip around Spain so I will have lots of time to practice but not much internet access .

Aims and objectives:
    Build internal force
    Increase flexibility and balance

Programme:
    2 sessions every day

Session 1:
    (Everyday)
    Lifting the Sky
    Stances
    Art of Flexible legs
    1 finger shooting zen (5 reps)

(Alternating)
    1..Combat Sequences 1-4 (3 times)
    or
    2.. Combat Sequences 5-8 (3 times)
    or
    3..Art of 100 kicks

Session 2: Any chikung pattern from the ones that I know.

Any feedback on this training programme would be appreciated, thanks in advance and wishing you all a great practice

Mike
    from the ♥

Hey all, I just thought I´d bump this thread again because next Friday I leave for the countryside and will not have access to internet, so if anyone has any comments I´m all ears.

All the best
    Mike
    from the ♥

Comment

+ Breath Control?

Heya Mike,

I think your training programme looks great, you're obvious a good student. Just a thought tho... have you learnt the sets for sq 1 - 8? ie. Lohan asks the Way, Black Tiger Steals Heart, and Fierce Tiger Speeds Thru Valley? These would still let you practise the combat sequences, but you'd be able to practise breath control a lot more easily as well...

eg.

Lohan Asks the way X 3

1. One pattern per breath
      2. Two patterns per breath
      3. Four patterns per breath.

So your training would be a lot more efficient.

Comment

Hey robjim I´m not sure what you mean by the sets, as far as I know the first 4 combat sequences form 1 set and the next 4 another set.

I have never focussed on breathing with sets I normally look at form and flow but I suppose I could give that a try. Thanks for your comments
        from the ♥

Comment

Ah ok, well if you haven't been taught it I wouldn't train it. Form force and flow is a good focus.

happy training!

Comment

Hi Mike,
            I think your training program is great . Have a look to my training program.

Comment

Working...
            X