How to Train Shen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Train Shen

I have been practicing chi kung for 6 months and i wonder if I am training shen during practice. the reason why I ask is because I have gained more mental clarity in these past few days.Not as remarkable as most students,but to me it is noticable.

if not,then how can I train it? Do I need a master's supervision?
    Handsome Bear Andrew

If you want to soar to the heights and reach the depths of Kung Fu, you must practice Chi Kung; if you want to soar to the heights and reach the depths of Chi Kung, you must practice meditation.
    -Sitaigung Ho Fatt Nam

You are doing well.Carry on.
    -Sigung Wong Kiew Kit

Practice the way you have been taught and you will be training all 3 treasures. Don't worry and don't intellectualise --- enjoy your practice. This, in itself, is a significant mind training.
    Sifu Andrew Barnett
    Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
    Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
    Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Everything is included in the basics (read 'essentials').

The way you have been taught as well as the training procedure include a built-in progress 'engine'.

You will be surprised at your own progress if you simply keep the above advices from Sihing Andrew. Let the time and the excellent method do their work for you.

Maxime Citerne, Chinese Medicine, Qigong Healing & Internal Arts

Frankfurt - Paris - Alsace

France: www.institut-anicca.com

Germany: www.anicca-institute.com

Comment

Wonderful Andrew Siheng

It is always great to read "Don't worry and don't intellectualise --- enjoy your practice"

Comment

Thank you Sifus

Giving thanks to Sifu Barnett,Sifu Citerne and Sifu Hartnett for the wonderful advice and Sifu Blohm for teaching me this art.
          Above all thanks to Sigung Wong for transmitting this art.

I will continue to practice properly to reap the benefits.
          Handsome Bear Andrew

If you want to soar to the heights and reach the depths of Kung Fu, you must practice Chi Kung; if you want to soar to the heights and reach the depths of Chi Kung, you must practice meditation.
          -Sitaigung Ho Fatt Nam

-Sigung Wong Kiew Kit

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
            Practice the way you have been taught and you will be training all 3 treasures. Don't worry and don't intellectualise --- enjoy your practice. This, in itself, is a significant mind training.
            I was guilty of intellectualizing myself, but still I found out what I needed to practice more for certain benefits of Health, Mentality, and Spirit from my Sifu.

Take Sifu Andrews advice on working with all three, you will in fact find that the three in conjunction contribute to your over all well being.
            David

Young Caine: How does man rid himself of such terrible things?
            Master Kahn: Each man must start with himself, within himself.. By slowly forging his Chi, the bond between the finite and the infinte, the inner essense of his strenght and the limitless power of the Universe, only thus can you conquer the power.. and the presence of evil.

Comment

I now understand and experience

Thank you to everyone that gave me such wonderful advice. I now experience that in Chi Kung you do train shen, the very practice of enjoying the stillness and focusing on practice is training shen,among other aspects in Chi Kung.

Thank you very much for everything.
              Handsome Bear Andrew

-Sitaigung Ho Fatt Nam

-Sigung Wong Kiew Kit

Comment

Working...
              X