No announcement yet.

Xia Dynasty ( 2100 BCE - 1600 BCE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very interesting thread brother. I often wondered about the dynasties. Look forward to reading more.

Best wishes
    Mark

Comment

Thanks Andrea and Padraig.

Oh, I see, Lo Shu is 4000 year-old!

The movement of the Loshu squares are interesting. And actually I am a believer of this, which change every year. But I didn't know this can be traced back as far as Xia dynasty.
      Jason Yap

修身

Comment

A little more info

Interesting thread guys,

I've recently watched an acupuncture lecture from Dr. Tran where he went in depth (relatively) on the mathematics of the Sacred Turtle.

The outer circle is actually two circles going in different directions. The odd numbers are Yang and the even numbers are Yin. The yang starts with 3 which corresponds to the direction East, sunrise, and lightning (the big bang). It's a numerical sequence based on multiplying the number 3 and dropping the 10's digit. 3x3=9, 9x3=27=7, 7x3=21=1, 1x3=3, etc. The yin numbers work the same way multiplying by 2 and turn in the opposite direction. So you have a yang circle moving clockwise intertwined with a yin circle moving counterclockwise. Five is in the center corresponding to Earth, and possibly the 5 elements, but I'm not sure on that one. I don't believe the five elements were written about until a later date, but my history on this is fuzzy.

Also, Dr. Tran's view is that while the legend of the turtle is interesting and poetic, the Divine Turtle was actually an intellectual construct of the greatest minds of the time to be used practically by those who understood it. The legend, in his opinion, was more to gain acceptance from the commoners.

Hope you enjoyed,
        Adam Bailey
        Shaolin WahNam USA

Comment

Great posts guys, getting to know a little more every day, I will move on to the Shang Dynasty, but if anyone would like to add more on this thread or the last one please do, the topic of the Lo Shu square is really interesting.

(Thanks Mark, talk to you soon).

Comment

Working...
          X