Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dragon Claw Force (Green Dragon Presents Claws)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon Claw Force (Green Dragon Presents Claws)

This post is mainly for KungFuJoe in response to his questions about Dragon Claw force in this thread: http://www.wahnam.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=665

Joe,

Sifu wrote to me about force training for the Dragon Claw. We had an interesting discussion via email and I have some good information for you. It's your lucky day. Here's a gift from Sifu and Shaolin Wahnam.

The following is a description for the qigong exercise Green Dragon Presents Claws. A description can also be found in "The Complete Book of Zen."

Go in to your Horse-Riding Stance. Breathe in deeply and gently, then breathe out with the mouth gently open, and focus your mind at the dan tian. Hold two dragon claws at chest level, as if holding two balls. Take a deep, gentle breath through the nose. Turn right to Right Bow-Arrow Stance, push out your left dragon claw in front and your right dragon claw behind, and turn your head rightward to look back at your left heel, simultaneously breathing out gently through the mouth and gently visualizing (or imagining) ten streams of chi flowing out of your ten fingers (five in front and five at the back). (Note: when the claws are pushed out, they and the legs are in one line.)

Then turn to the front at the Horse-Riding Stance, and hold your two dragon claws at chest level as before, simultaneously breathing in gently through the nose. Turn left to Left Bow-Arrow Stance, push out your right dragon claw in front and your left dragon claw behind, and turn your head leftward to look back at your right heel, simultaneously breathing out gently through the mouth, and gently visualizing ten streams of chi flowing out of your ten fingers. Then turn to the front at the Horse-Riding Stance, and repeat the procedure.

Practice about 15 times for each side, making 30 times altogether. After you've finished with Green Dragon Presents Claws, bring your two feet together, stand upright with the eyes close and be totally relaxed for a few minutes.

Gradually increase the number of times to 150 times each side, making 300 times altogether. Practice twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. It is very important not to use strength in the training. Repeat: it is very important not to use strength in the training.

If you follow the above method correctly, you should develop decent internal force for your Dragon Claw in six months. Perhaps you may like to describe your experience in our forum.
    Sifu Anthony Korahais
    www.FlowingZen.com
    (Click here to learn more about me.)

I am outdone Anthony...
    all I can say is thank you...

I am very honoured and privileged that yourself and Master Wong have taken the time to help me to this degree even though we have never met face to face.

Truly the best way I can accept is to train correctly, follow the Shaolin laws, practice consistently and bring honour to the Shaolin tradition.

I will practice with these instructions and report back to the forum in six months. I will also probably have to ask some questions in this thread simply to ensure that I have the details correct.

Perhaps then, Anthony, we will meet at an intensive course and refine the details of the training procedure. I believe that I can practice competently however based upon the description that you gave. I've also put "The Complete Book of Zen" on order.

If you are reading...

THANK YOU MASTER WONG!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KungFuJoe View Post
      I will practice with these instructions and report back to the forum in six months.
      11,5 years later:

so?
      Engage and maintain joyful practice!

May all of you get the best benefits from what you do.

Anton Schmick
      Shaolin Wahnam Germany Nord

shaolinwahnamchina.com
      http://chikunghamburg.wordpress.com
      http://shaolinwahnam-nord.de
      http://kungfu-luebeck.de

Comment

I have a funny story about this exercise. A few years ago, shortly after learning from Sifu, I had a rather unsightly wart/growth on my index finger nearly four millimeters in height and diameter that I had tried ridding myself of with the usual creams and cold tabs. On a whim, I did this exercise for a few days, mostly because the extending and coiling of the spine felt really good for loosening my back and shoulders.

Two days later, the growth on my index finger was completely gone. My mother, who had been on me to get the growth taken care of, couldn't believe it, haha.

Can't say that I've ever practiced Green Dragon Stretches Claws in a dedicated manner for force training, though! I have to wonder if it would be a nice complement to Baguazhang. The classic poise pattern is named, after all, "Green Dragon Tests Claw."
        Last edited by Frederick_Chu; 21 October 2014, 02:55 AM. Reason: spelling error
        I like making silly videos (including kung fu ones!) every so often on YouTube and taking pictures of weird things on Instagram.

Comment

Hahaha! Good question, Anton!

....and nice experience. Frederick!
          Daniel Pérez
          http://www.shaolinbcn.es

Comment

My experience as a teacher is that, among other benefits, some students can unlock some deeply rooted emotional blockages with Green Dragon Presents Claws. Especially, if memory serves, that of anger and frustration.

Maxime Citerne, Chinese Medicine, Qigong Healing & Internal Arts

Frankfurt - Paris - Alsace

France: www.institut-anicca.com

Germany: www.anicca-institute.com

Comment

Working...
            X