Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Taiji Patriarch

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

I am trying to find the dvd which Sifu speaks about in one of his wonderful Q&A's produced by Jiao Yin Publication of China called “The Taiji Patriarch”, which depicts the life history of the First Patriach of Yang Style Taijiquan, the great master Yang Lu Chan.

It may be under a different name, but we are having trouble finding it. I would really appreciate any help with this

Smile from the Heart,
    Joan
    Books don't mean a lot unless you open them, Hearts are the same.......

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
    GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
    ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN
    THE INCREDIBLE 3 DAY INTENSIVE ZEN COURSE .

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Dear Sijie,

Please check this link.

Your Sidai,
    Joko
    开心 好运气
    kai xin... .......hao yunqi... - Sifu's speech, April 2005
    open heart... good chi flow... good luck ...
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Have we not opened up thy heart ...? (The Reading, 94:1)
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Be joyful, ..and share your joy with others -(Anand Krishna)

Comment

HI Joan

Is this the same series I mentioned in this post?
      If it is, I may be able to get hold of the VCDs / DVDs for you and pass them to you if you are coming to Penang in October.
      百德以孝为先
      Persevere in correct practice

Comment

Dear Joko and Wuji,

Thank you so much for your help with this.

This 2005 release is a two-hour movie, edited from 25 original episodes of the Master of Tai Chi television series. Wu Jing, whose abilities are greatly missed on the international stage, delivers a brilliant performance as a young Yu-qian.
        I think this may be it. We are planning a 'dvd' night here and my students would really like to see this.

Thank you both again

Smile from the Heart,
        Joan

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
        GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
        ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Dear Joan

I doubt the edited sngle DVD is available here, but I can get the 25-part series.

Incidentally, I have heard that parts of the series are available online, either thrugh Youtube, or a movie site. Let me check this for you, since it may require entering search terms in Chinese.

In any case, do let me know if you would like the full series instead.
          百德以孝为先

Comment

Dear Wuji,

Thank you again for your help with this

Yes the series would be great and my wonderful brother Mark CH here, has very kindly offered to collect them from you in October if you are attending the course in Penang.

Thank you again, I really appreciate it.

Smile from the Heart,
            Joan

GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
            ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zhang Wuji View Post
              Dear Joan

I doubt the edited sngle DVD is available here, but I can get the 25-part series.

Incidentally, I have heard that parts of the series are available online, either thrugh Youtube, or a movie site. Let me check this for you, since it may require entering search terms in Chinese.

I was able to get the edited DVD in the states through Amazon or a similar service... I'd love to get the whole series if there's more Taijiquan action!

Comment

Here's one clip:

Best,

Ray
                "Om"

I pay homage to all the great masters of the past and the present

Comment

Cool video

Dear Joan, dear all!

Thank you for the link. A very impressive video. Graceful and powerful movements.
                  .•´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`°irene°´¯`•.¸¸. ´¯`•.

---------------------------------------
                  “I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being.”
                  Hafiz

Comment

Available for purchase on Amazon for only £7.57 including delivery

Best regards,

Jim

Comment

Thank you for the link Jim and everybody for bringing this movie back to our memory. I just ordered it from Amazon .
                      BTW the full series seems to be available in Cantonese/Mandarin at yes-asia (http://www.yesasia.com/global/en/home.html), but it is currently out of stock.

Andrea
                      Enjoy some Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan & Qi Gong!

Evening Classes in Zürich
                      Weekend Classes in other Swiss locations

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Taichichuan.Wahnam.ch

Comment

Originally posted by Zhang Wuji View Post
                        Dear Joan

I really recommend the series. The reason being that the edited movie (very choppy) that came from the series leaves out a lot of important moments in his training and is only the key fight scenes. If you can fast forward through the cheesy story and filler (I did) I think there are some really insightful moments in push hands and other areas that are worth watching.
                        "Om"

I pay homage to all the great masters of the past and the present

Comment

Hi Joan

I got the DVD set (full 25-part series) for a steal - slightly under 15 Euros. The one from Amazon UK seems to be the edited movie only. And I agree with Ray - you need to go through the whole series to appreciate what the main character went through (which was only a fraction of what the real Taijiquan patriarch actually went through). I will pass it to Mark next month in Penang.

And I think I got the last set in Singapore - anyone else would have to order them online Joan, don't worry about where the good parts are - I can pinpoint you to the actual episode :-) But you will still need someone to tell you what the numbers 17, 22, 24 and 25, etc are in Chinese while you watch it......
                          Last edited by Zhang Wuji; 1 September 2009, 06:35 AM.
                          百德以孝为先

Comment

Dear Wuji,

Thank you so much for that

The whole set for only €15.00, I could only rent a few dvd's here for that!

Again thank you, I really appreciate it and enjoy the course in Penang, I am sure it will be another WOW!

Smile from the Heart,
                            Joan

GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
                            ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                            X