keeping it real in the healing world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keeping it real in the healing world

Dear family, I have always worked in the building industry, and am now studying chinese medicine. On building sites a lot of crazy stuff goes on, but in general things are very honest, you get what it says on the tin. On entering the world of healing, I have met some of the most amazing people, but so many "healers" I come across seem lost or fake! Whats it all about?!

Excellent observation, Davie. On a building, you can immediately see the results of your labour. In healing, many things are invisible, so it is "easy" to "fake it"!

Sad, but true. It also makes a genuine and good healer even more difficult to find. But the search is worth it, of course.
    Last edited by Andrew; 28 July 2009, 12:38 PM.
    Sifu Andrew Barnett
    Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
    Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
    Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Dear davie,
      I also put it down to the fact that there are a lot of people who are looking to make money from not actually doing anything. I think these healers might fool people in the long term but eventually people realise they are being deceived.
      from the ♥

Comment

Yea, I agree with you both. Guess if any of us are training in medicine of any kind, we got to make sure we do it right, and become the real deal, then we are of real benifit to people, otherwise we are decieving people in a terrible way!

Has anyone had experience of different kinds of healing apart from traditional chinese (including chi kung) or modern western medicine? such as shatsu, reiki, kinesiology, homeopathy, spiritual healing, crystals, magnets, etc?

Did it work for you?

Comment

Healing

Hey,
          Theres certanly a lot out there..
          I've had a really good chi'nei tsang, chi organ massage, and it was great! Like someone doing acupressure and yoga at the same time to my body, Potent. And acupuncture too, We are in a way mechanical beings, But seeking healing (for me at least) was sided with curiosity and wondering if I had my own capability to heal myself too, We dont always engage our own power so its good to have someone help out and "push the buttons"
          I think the 'more subtle' form of healing like spiritual healing or crystal healing, are deffinatly legit ( assuming the healers experience and heart are coming from a genuine place) Although in the end some damage can be done if its not understood that those abilities and experiences originate from your own self, and that when someone else has vision/ ability ect they can help bridge your own gap of reality,
          Of course what ever happens-powerfull or weak it comes from both people involved, so many factors..
          Crystal healing is interesting.. Iv been thinking about it a lot latley. One bit of wisdom clicked something. Have you ever heard of Miyamoto (I think thats it) He did studies an wrote a book called the hidden messages of water. Water crystals were frozen and photographed after being subjected to diferent kinds of music, positive or negative language, even intention setting towards the water... And it would reflect from positive words feeling ect, the water crystal would be intricate and very beautifull, while the negativly subjected ones were destroyed looking and caotic.
          So from that I from that I read somewhere ( ok this is coming from kind of a scientific literal stand point ) ...That Human structures of the DNA and nervous system Have a certain kind of molecular crystaline sturcture, and in some ways'.. may share a bond with other mineral crystals

This is a bit strange to express my self so 'scientifically', its not quite like me, But really crystals are so naturally beautifull how could it not heal something..

Comment

Prior to training Shaolin Arts I suffered from stress, as a result I visited a Zero Balancer (The art of balancing body structure with body energy). The result was both obvious and life changing. As a result of this life changing experience I went to school to study and qualified in anatomy and physiology, massage and Zero Balancing.

Over the years I too have come across a good number of fakers, but I have also come across a great number of very good therapists that are able to help on a number of levels.

Like in any industry there is the good, the bad and the rip offs.

What I am thankful for is that the Shaolin Arts we have are both genuine and life changing.
            Tim Franklin

http://www.theguardianlions.co.uk
            A story of finding Courage and Wisdom

www.zenarts.co.uk Classes and Courses for Shaolin Kung Fu, Taijiquan and Qigong in Bognor Regis, Chichester, West Sussex

Fully Alive on Facebook Energy Flow for Health and Happiness

UK Summer Camp Qigong, Taijiquan, Shaolin Kung Fu, Spiritual Cultivation with Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

sigpic

Comment

Hey Davie,

To answer your question on alternative therapies, I had pretty good results with homeopathy almost ten years ago. But I still wasn't happy with where my health was. And that's why I took my first course from Sifu five years ago.

What I really appreciate about the Shaolin arts is that we as students are directly in charge of our results on a daily basis, once we have learned from a talented sifu.

Best,

Zach

Comment

Working...
              X