Tinnitus busting Chi Kung program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tinnitus busting Chi Kung program

Having searched through the site it would seem that the best exercises for tinnitus would be:

Pushing Mountains and Nourishing Kidneys.

I suppose I would also add "Lifting the Sky" as a panacea for general health. (Though I'm not sure about that and your opinions would be most welcome)

My program is going to be (unless advised differently)
    Get into a Chi Kung state of Mind
    Chi Kung Exercise
    Chi Flow
    Standing Meditation

So how do I turn this into a tinnitus busting program?

Should I include Lifting the Sky in my program?
    Should I do all 2 or 3 exercises in one session? (Reducing the reps so that I am still practising for 15 minutes)
    Should I alternate the exercises with each session?
    Is there another approach which I haven't mentioned?

Any advice on helping me with this program would really be appreciated.

Thank you,

Adam

Dear Adam!

Even though your "program" sounds good in general, the best way to approach it is through the transmission of the Art of Chi Kung by a master or certified instructor. In London you will find some of the best! (You can check the list of certified instructors at Sifu´s official website - www.shaolin.org).

Best regards,

Piti Parra Duque

Comment

Tinnitus is surprisingly common, but it is a symptom, not an illness in itself. People tend to think it is a ear problem but it is usually a problem with an internal organ or some cleasing in the head / spine.

I had a student who got rid of her tinnitus in a week, but she reported that it got louder and louder for a while then it suddenly ceased. Her programme?
      What everyone else practised - Lifting the Sky, Pushing Mountains, Qi flow and standing meditation.

It is hard for people to appreciate that the same set of exercises (or just one exercise) can relieve and cure almost all kinds of ailments. But the experience of my students proved that those with a wide variety of medical problems were helped by just a couple of patterns with qi flow.
      百德以孝为先
      Persevere in correct practice

Comment

It is hard for people to appreciate that the same set of exercises (or just one exercise) can relieve and cure almost all kinds of ailments. But the experience of my students proved that those with a wide variety of medical problems were helped by just a couple of patterns with qi flow.
        Why was Sifu Zhang Wuji's student so successful?

1) Method - the best, genuine Shaolin Chi Kung

2) Teacher - a diamond in the rough, Sifu Zhang Wuji of the Shaolin Wahnam Institute

3) Student - followed instructions and practiced, practiced, practiced.
        少林華南台灣 Shaolin Wahnam Taiwan

Facebook

"Then how could chi kung overcome diseases where the cause is unknown or when there is no cure? The question is actually incorrect. The expressions "the cause is unknown" and "there is no cure" are applicable only in the Western medical paradigm. The expressions no longer hold true in the chi kung paradigm. In the chi kung paradigm the cause is known, and there is a cure."

-Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Comment

Excellent advice, gentlemen!
          Sifu Andrew Barnett
          Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
          Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
          Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Originally posted by Zhang Wuji View Post
            This is a good point to expand on a little.

I think the mistake people make is that they see the pattern itself (e.g. Lifting the Sky) as the specific treatment. In reality though, the pattern is just a tool to generate a chi flow. It is the chi flow that is responsible for the benefit.

Different patterns will produce different "flavours" of chi flow, which could be more efficient for the particular problem at hand. Some patterns also have a lower skill prerequisite before they can be safely used. At the end of the day though, once the flow is generated the chi will flow where it is needed, without any need for manual intervention. "You Wei to Wu Wei", using technical terminology.

As I understand it, any illness, with any symptoms is caused by only one of 2 fundamental problems: a blockage in energy flow and/or insufficient volume of energy flow (and available energy in the body). Consequently, any pattern that can generate and enhance the flow of chi in the body can potentially cure any illness.

Lifting the Sky is a great pattern - the best of the 18 Lohan Hands. It is great for generating a general chi flow and has a high tolerance for incorrect practice (meaning that incorrect practice will simply bring less or no benefit, rather than cause any deviations). Given a high enough level of skill, it really can be used for anything.

Best wishes,
            Last edited by George; 8 July 2009, 02:36 PM.
            George / Юра
            Shaolin Wahnam England

gate gate pāragate pārasaṁgate bodhi svāhā

Comment

When I started Chi Kung I had a light form of tinnitus. I had completely forgotten about it, but I remember that at the time I was quite upset and bothered by it. All I did was practicing the normal exercises as learned in the course (Lifting Sky and Pushing Mountains at the time). And I got rid of it within a few weeks.

Wishing you a swift recovery Adam and much joy in your Chi Kung practice.

Andrea
              Enjoy some Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan & Qi Gong!

Evening Classes in Zürich
              Weekend Classes in other Swiss locations

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Taichichuan.Wahnam.ch

Comment

Thank you all for all your responses.

Sifu Zhang Wuji wrote:
                I had a student who got rid of her tinnitus in a week, but she reported that it got louder and louder for a while then it suddenly ceased. Her programme?
                What everyone else practised - Lifting the Sky, Pushing Mountains, Qi flow and standing meditation.
                Andrea wrote:
                All I did was practicing the normal exercises as learned in the course (Lifting Sky and Pushing Mountains at the time). And I got rid of it within a few weeks.
                I have had a fair amount of experience in other forms of Chi Kung and Tai Chi, and a little experience in Shaolin Chi Kung. I attended Sifu Marcus Santers "Be Happy Now" workshop and I have experienced Chi Flow :-)

Until I can arrange a meeting with a certified instructor, I would like to practise Lifting Sky and Pushing Mountains followed by Chi Flow and Standing Meditation.

Are Lifting the Sky and Pushing Mountains practised in the same session? If so, roughly how many reps?

Thank you,

Regards,
                Adam

Comment

Originally posted by adam2525 View Post

Are Lifting the Sky and Pushing Mountains practised in the same session? If so, roughly how many reps?
                  The two patterns can be practiced separately, or can be practiced in the same session.

As for how many reps and how to do it, there is a huge difference between one learning from a book and one learning directly from a Master. I did have both experiences; before learning directly from Sifu, I learned and practiced from Sifu's books.

There is a guideline for those who learn from a book, as written in "Chikung for Health and Vitality" by Grandmaster Wong. Chapter 7 deals with Self Manifested Chi Flow, one of which by utilizing Lifting the Sky, Pushing Mountains, and Carrying the Moon (10-15 times for each patterns) as a means to generate the induced chi flow, with detailed instructions of what to do prior and after performing the patterns. Chapter 17 contains various daily programmes.

Please be reminded that the detailed instructions are very very important. Otherwise, one would only practice the patterns as gentle physical exercises. Based on my experience, I could attain the the self manifested chi flow through learning it from the book. Therefore, my suggestion is for you to acquire the book, available through the links in Grandmaster Wong's home page (shaolin.org)
                  开心 好运气
                  kai xin... .......hao yunqi... - Sifu's speech, April 2005
                  open heart... good chi flow... good luck ...
                  ------------------------------------------------------------
                  Have we not opened up thy heart ...? (The Reading, 94:1)
                  ------------------------------------------------------------
                  Be joyful, ..and share your joy with others -(Anand Krishna)

Comment

Hi Adam

since you had attended a workshop with Marcus Santer Sifu, I am sure you have the necessary skills already. If you have forgotten the details, you can as Joko Sifu mentioned, refer to Sifu's books.

Yes, Lifting the Sky and Pushing Mountains can and are often practised together. That's what my students and I do in a typical qigong session too. Just remember what Marcus Sifu taught you and put it in practice.
                    百德以孝为先
                    Persevere in correct practice

Comment

In SF and looking for tinnitus help

Originally posted by Zhang Wuji View Post
                      Tinnitus is surprisingly common, but it is a symptom, not an illness in itself. People tend to think it is a ear problem but it is usually a problem with an internal organ or some cleasing in the head / spine.

Could anyone point to an experienced or effective teacher in San Francisco, with whom I can practice the above exercises? I have had tinnitus for few months now and I would love to see if I can improve or make it go away through a disciplined Qi-gong approach. If any of you can kindly take the time to respond, I would sincerely appreciate it!!

Krishna

Comment

Hi Krishna,

on Sifu's homepage you find a list of certified instructors - here those in USA:

One is in California, as far as I can see.

If you have tinnitus only for a few months I think there is a good chance to get rid of it completely.

Chi Kung is a great remedy!

Shaolin greetings,

Dorit from Vienna/Austria
                        ... alles, alles, alles ist doch auf Liebe aufgebaut ..." (Ellen Auerbach, 1997)

Comment

Working...
                        X