chi power test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Offence Taken

Wu Jing, Thanks for the clarification. Try not to jump to conclusions on anyone that he/she is learning low-level chi kung or kung fu. Allow me to relate an experience here.

Many years ago, I witnessed a scene that have humbled me as much as the people watching it. It was a performance by a pugilist trying to make a living selling herbal oil for rubbing (like the rubbing alcohol of the west) in the Orient.

For almost half an hour, the man, about 70, extolled the oil's goodness. Beside him was a piece of granite six inches thick which he had earlier said he would break but had yet to do so. A young man who was watching, impatient, decided to challenge him and said that if the oil was as good as the old man claimed it, he would have showed how he (the pugilist) would break it - unless of course, he had low level kungfu.

The old man was taken aback but to save his face (reputation) amid the laughing crowd, he stopped talking and asked the young chap to lift up the granite and bring it to him so that he could break it.

The young man struggled and stooped to carry the rock and finally succeeded, in limping steps (because of the weight), to bring it to the foot of the pugilist.

The old man squatted down, used his palm to sweep across the rock a twice as if to clean the sand from the surface of the rock before hitt it. Then he paused and asked if the young chap could help him move the rock to a position where the crowd would have a better view. The young chap, looking irritated, bent down to bring up the rock to move it. But as soon as he grabbed the sides, the rock snapped into two.

The pugilist, looking surprised, said: Oh, how unfortunate. Perhaps next time I will show you everyone how to break the rock when I am able to get another one.

With that, he packed his things and left. He refused to sell the herbal oil to anyone that night after the incident.

When I expressed my opinion that the pugilist could have still sold his oil even if he did not break the rock, an elderly bystander replied: Young man, the pugilist had just broken the rock with his sweeping hands after he was challenged and you did not even see him use force. But because of his dignity, and the insult from the young chap, he has decided not to sell anything tonight. Have you not learn anything watching?
    Last edited by shaolindamo; 16 April 2009, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Don't get carried away.

shaolindamo,

Don't get carried away now I never said that you practiced low level chi kung. I said IF you do not test for chi flow and force then it gives the implication that you practice low level chi kung. In your original post it seemed like you were insulting Wahnam then in your next post you say you are a part of Wahnam. Then you act like your giving me advice.

I mean really?

This is my advice to you. When you make statements like you did in your first post in this thread it might be useful to say what style of chi kung you do and or how long you practiced. Overall give more information for better clarity and understanding. Taking the extra 5seconds to do this goes along way in communication.

but nice story though.
      Last edited by Wu Jing; 16 April 2009, 11:13 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

Whoever is writing here will be judged by their own words. That is all anyone here has to go by unless a meeting (or more) in person have taken place. This is why we in Shaolin Wahnam take such pride in our skill in interpreting a person's true meaning through reading their words alone. The same relates, for example, to evaluating the skill and level of a Kung Fu practitioner by merely wathcing a short performance.

Originally posted by Wu Jing View Post
        I said IF you do not test for chi flow and force then it gives the implication that you practice low level chi kung.
        This is a statement which can also be mis-read. Knowing Wu Jing through his words, I know that he means to explain the mis-understanding between himself and shaolindamo. However, for someone new to this thread, reading this comment could imply that Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung as taught in Shaolin Wahnam is low level as no formal "chi flow and force" testing of Chi Kung students takes place. Again, I know this is not what Wu Jing intended.
        Sifu Andrew Barnett
        Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
        Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
        Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

I stand corrected!

Great now that thecloud has been dispelled. My apologies to any hurt by the interchanges. No intention to insult anyone, especially Shaolin Wahnam knowing tha is a great lineage from Sifu Lai Chin Wah and Ho Fatt Nam.

Respectfully.

Comment

Do not waste your time with al perhacs or his silly chi power system or his dumb chi palm tests! It is BAD
            I have been looking around and researching for years
            Al perhacs chipower= I got very bad side effects, very bad undetailed instructions
            Wong kiew kit= I read all of his books, he really needs to go into more detail and make videos explaining in DETAIL how to peform his excersises, because i too got bad side effects from his stuff also.
            Jerry alan johnson= Deep understanding but still needs to explain things more clearly, didnt help me clear my bad side effects.
            Mantak chia= The most scattered confusing unstructered system i have ever come across. He needs to stop
            Gary clymans, mindlight neikung, neikung big wave, chikung and Emotional liposuction= THE BEST most structured and clearly explained system i have ever come across in my 11 years of searching. Im glad i went to see him.
            #1 GARY CLYMAN #2 JERRY ALAN JOHNSON #3 WONG KIEW KIT are the only usefull teachers i have come across in that order.

Comment

Watch till the end, nice

Shaolin salute,
              Mahmood
              The two hallmarks of Shaolin teachings: Wisdom and Compassion

Sifu Mahmood Ahmed

www.shaolin.org

Comment

Working...
              X