Happiness in Amitabha's Pure Land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happiness in Amitabha's Pure Land

http://www.fodian.net/world/amt/receive/receivea.html i cant wait till i be reborn in sukhavati.

Great images

Great images !!!

Comment

beautiful images!
      Daniel Pérez
      http://www.shaolinbcn.es

Comment

beautifull

Comment

Dear Ashun,

Thank you kindly for sharing, wonderful!

Peace & Joy,

Joe
          Shaolin Wahnam Mississauga
          http://www.shaolinwm.com

Comment

Very nice Ahsun, thank you!
            Namo Amitabah!

Phil

Comment

Hi dear Family

A few days ago a question poped into my mind about sukhavati.
              I remember that in Sigungs book about the pure land there was a discription of sukhavati. It said something like that it is a place where you can cultivate your mind till you reach enlitenmend, free of suffering.
              Now my question:
              If you are free of suffering when you are reborn in sukhavati, aren't you enlitened at the sime time you are reborn there? Dosen't enlitenmend mean to be free of suffering? And if I'm right, when you alredy achived to be free of suffering what is the reason for the exsistence of sukhavati? What else is there to achive than to free yourself from suffering?

I'm exited...

All the best
              Benedikt Vennen
              Shaolin Wahnam Germany

May I be firm and resolute. may I be kind, compassionate, and friendly. May I be humble, calm, quiet, unruffled and serene. May I serve to be perfect. May I be perfect to serve.

Comment

Hello Benedikt

If you are free from suffering, you are not at all enlightened, you are just free of suffering. To get enlightened you have to free yourself from being free from suffering and this is going to be much harder than getting free from suffering.

When you are enlightened there is neither suffering nor no suffering, there is just non- suffering, there is neither reality nor no reality only non-reality.
                This may sound like a game of words but in fact it is very profound once you find out what it means.

enjoy your excitement

pat

PS: Ashun, thanks for sharing those nice pictures
                Last edited by Kingmonkey; 4 February 2010, 08:02 PM. Reason: PS
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                He who knows much about others may be learned, but he who understands himself is more intelligent. He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.

Comment

Dosen't enlitenmend mean to be free of suffering? And if I'm right, when you alredy achived to be free of suffering what is the reason for the exsistence of sukhavati?
                  Enlightened means to be enlightened

What else is there to achive than to free yourself from suffering?
                  Free others from suffering.

With Shaolin Salute,
                  Lee Wei Joo
                  http://shaolinwahnammalaysia.com/

Comment

Great question Benedikt!

And what superb answers to that question!

It made me very happy to wake up and read this this morning. Thanks guys!

Lee Wei Joo, a very simple and direct answer!

Pat, what a wonderful description of the difference between no suffering and non-sufferring! I remember when hearing about it before it confused the heck out of me, but thanks to our great Sigung and his boundless generosity your words spoke very clearly to me!

I must admit I was a little stumped when I first read the question, as a lot of people use the definition of enlightenment as to be free from sufferring. But we must always remember that words alone cannot describe such a profound concept! The best we can do is use a bunch of words that point in the right direction, like emptiness, perfect enlightenment, seeing your true face, or to be free from sufferring.

And my favourite explanation of enlightenment from the first patriarch of the Shaolin and Zen, I will put in quotes for you as it is so profound!

Peace and happiness to all beings.
                    Namo Amitabah
                    Phil

Comment

Enlightened means to be enlightened
                      No

What else is there to achive than to free yourself from suffering?
                      Finding yourself promising not to get enlightened before every single scented being is enlightened. That may evan be harder than getting enlightened

Pat, what a wonderful description of the difference between no suffering and non-sufferring!
                      These words do come from the bottom of my heart, but I recall reading about that difference in Sigungs complete book of Zen, so honorur to whom honour is due; Thank you so much Sigung, that book gave me a lot of understanding and it gave me a lot of words for things I couldn't put into words before, Thank you.

Pat
                      Last edited by Kingmonkey; 5 February 2010, 10:44 AM. Reason: misspelling
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      He who knows much about others may be learned, but he who understands himself is more intelligent. He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.

Comment

Thank you so much Sigung, that book gave me a lot of understanding and it gave me a lot of words for things I couldn't put into words before, Thank you.
                        Ditto!! Thank you so much Sigung, for everything!
                        Still, much respect to you brother for saying it in your own words, and from your heart, I wouldn't expect anything less from you. It was the same and also something different than what Sigung wrote in his book, and I enjoyed reading it, so thanks!

Comment

Thanks for your answers.

Phil I really like the discription from the first Zen patriarch. Very Zen

Pat you opened my mind into another direction. Thank you.

But I think the first Zen patriarch tould as everything we have to know about enlitenmend by just not speaking. We will never know what enlitenmend means till we experience it. So I will try to not confuse myself with words. I will know when I'm ready.

Best wishes
                          Benedikt Vennen
                          Shaolin Wahnam Germany

May I be firm and resolute. may I be kind, compassionate, and friendly. May I be humble, calm, quiet, unruffled and serene. May I serve to be perfect. May I be perfect to serve.

Comment

No
                            Namo Amitabha Buddha

With Shaolin Salute,
                            Lee Wei Joo
                            http://shaolinwahnammalaysia.com/

Comment

We will never know what enlitenmend means till we experience it.
                              Although we can catch a glimpse of it through Satori!

Finding yourself promising not to get enlightened before every single scented being is enlightened
                              He he he, sorry I couldnt help myself! Why take a preference towards scented beings? Imagine finding yourself promising not to become enlightened until every sentient being is enlightened! hahaha!

Much love
                              Phil
                              Last edited by Shaolinfist; 5 February 2010, 02:56 PM. Reason: Insert laughter!

Comment

Working...
                              X