This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Microcosmic" Discussion with "Wu Jing"

Is microcosmic circulation practiced in the wahnam institute?

-

Yes it is practiced, Grandmaster Wong held a course in spring 2007. You can find a thread where course participants discuss their practice here:

/Niklas

"If a man is called to be a streetsweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven played music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great streetsweeper who did his job well."/Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Heres a question

Thanks for the reply. I read the thread link that you gave me and it raises one question in my mind. What are the ablilities or skills achieved after practicing wahnam chi kung after a few years?

Comment

Welcome To The Shaolin Wahnam Forum

Hello,

Firstly, this is a professional and formal forum.
        Among other topics, we discuss Kung Fu, Chi Kung and Meditation.

In formal enviroments, regarding any of the above, it is polite to provide your name and behave with reserve and good manners.

My friendly advice to you, is act with more respect towards our school.
        You will find people far more open and giving in their reply to queries.

Now, as to your question, I suggest looking through our Grandmasters website, including a search through the Q & A section.

Regards,

Jamie

Comment

Excuse me!!

I asked a simple question genius. I no way insulted, implied, or degraded your school in any way. I was simply asking to find out more about your chi kung system. And i don't need any "friendly" advice from you. You have obviously not read my other posts. My intent in asking my question (and yes i have been to the website) was to find out the about the skills of the adept in your school. And the only way to do that is by? ASKING THE MEMBERS IN YOUR SCHOOL! The truth is that i love chi kung and i like researching it and i wanted a firsthand discussion with the senior practioners but this is the response i get. Fine if you don't want to be friendly to me fine whatever. Thanks for showing your hand buddy. Real class

Comment

JB, please do not over-react to some simple and direct advice given with best intent. This reaction you have shown is not that of a high level internal Arts practitioner --- as you claim to be. Sifu Jamie is a chosen inner chamber disciple of and instructor authorised by our Grandmaster. Please treat him as such.

Back to your previous question(s) --- please do start a new thread on that topic as this thread is titled "Iron Shirt Chi Kung / Mantak Chia" and your questions are clearly not related to that topic. Thank you --- makes reading and finding information for our other members and visitors much easier.

Speaking of easier reading, please also, as has been previously requested, use paragraphs where appropriate. Clarity in presentation does indeed give an indication of clarity of mind.
            Sifu Andrew Barnett
            Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
            Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
            Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Dear JB,

As Sipak Andrew explained, I did not intend to insult or upset you.

I simply suggest that you behave 'online' as you would in 'real life'.
              When entering a Kwoon, you would politley introduce yourself, and then behave in a manner according to tradition and standards.
              Even if the Sifu told you to sit, watch and be quiet, you would do so and show due respect.

If you disagreed with something, then you would do so with poise, elegance and manners.

Thank you,

Jamie

Comment

you misunderstand

Andrew

I am a smart man i got the implications. I will list them

Firstly, this is a professional and formal forum.
                Among other topics, we discuss Kung Fu, Chi Kung and Meditation.
                This implies that i must be an idoit and that i have no respect for your forum.

My friendly advice to you, is act with more respect towards our school.
                This sounds like a warning. Despite his intent(intent and actions are 2 different things) it sounded offensive and rude. I was offended and did not expect that kind of reply from the question that i asked.

This reaction you have shown is not that of a high level internal Arts practitioner --- as you claim to be.
                Just to let you know a master or high level practioner can get annoyed just like anyone else. Bruce lee for example. I have had masters who did not take any crap from anyone. You also imply that i am not what i say i am. Another insult.

Sifu Jamie is a chosen inner chamber disciple of and instructor authorised by our Grandmaster. Please treat him as such.
                I always believed is that you got to give respect to get respect and to treat everyone with a common level of respect. You seem to imply that he can say whatever he wants to me and because he is a disciple i just have to sit there and take it. I am nice to everyone and help whom ever i can.And if he is so highly regarded why are you responding on his behalf? And just for the record i joined this forum to share knowledge with other people. I am a nei kung teacher i have three business' and served in the military and i live in ohio. So please stop implying. If you want more info about me pm me get to know me that is why i'm here. And i did introduce my self on my first post. There are not to many nei kung practioners in my neigborhood so i just wanted to hear and know about the skills and or experience of the adept in your school. Not to make enemies.
                Last edited by Wu Jing; 24 August 2008, 06:45 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

Jing Bastard,

I think it's you who've just shown your hand. This is the 2nd time I've seen you blow up on our forum. Both times, you have completely overreacted to words on a computer screen. Quite frankly, your reactions strike me as juvenile temper tantrums. I'm sorry if that comes off sounding like an insult, but I prefer to call it like I see it.

Bruce Lee was not a high-level internal arts practitioner. Every high-level practitioner I've met, whether it be a kung fu master or a zen monk, has been in control of his emotions. Volatile emotions and a short temper are not the hallmarks of a high-level master, or even a high-level student.

You do not seem to be in control of your emotions. This does not mean that you are not powerful. You may be. I have no idea. Nor does that matter to me. But if your posts are a genuine reflection of your mental/emotional state, then I can tell that, regardless of your internal power, you are not healthy.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck with your training. Unfortunately, I suspect that your time here on our forum is nearing its end. That's a shame because I sincerely think that Shaolin Cosmos Qigong would help you to tame those emotions. That is one of the hallmarks of our art -- that it brings health and happiness first and foremost. According to Sifu Wong's philosophy, internal power is meaningless without health (including mental/emotional health) and happiness.

I am here in Florida. If you should ever decide that you want my help, I'll do my best. You can contact me directly through my website.

All the best,
                  Sifu Anthony Korahais
                  www.FlowingZen.com
                  (Click here to learn more about me.)

Comment

Dear JB,

It's time to end this topic of conversation, we both have better things to do.
                    Please, enjoy our forum while remembering that you are a guest.

Best Wishes,

Jamie

Comment

wow

lets keep in mind my original post that started this. is what i posted. Which is

Thanks for the reply. I read the thread link that you gave me and it raises one question in my mind. What are the ablilities or skills achieved after practicing wahnam chi kung after a few years?
                      Your response is interesting i feel that Jamie over reacted to a simple unoffensive question. In my opinion. You have made a lot of assumptions about me. With out ever talking to me. That shows me that you judge before you get to know. Antonius please do not make assumptions about my health or my training. Not with out at least talking with me first. I never made any assumptions about your school or training.

When did i ever disrespect your school or the forum?

Please explain with examples.

If this is how you treat your guest by insults and assumptions then why would i want to stay. It's funny i never said what style, or school i'm with or who my master is. The replies that you guys gave i mean just look at them and you point a finger at me? You threaten and talk down to me with every reply. Antonius i messaged you twice and you never responded so what would be the point in trying it again. I feel like i'm on the defense here when i never insulted anyone. Your candor is enough to make a sane man go crazy. And your replies has no facts of my behavior i have already admitted that i was annoyed by the attitude of Jamie. I came to this forum with no opinon of the Wahnam school but now that is changing. I came looking for a brother but was hit with insults, threats, and assumptions. I have already said that i am open to PMs but alas none have came.

Comment

A Midsummer Night's Dream

If we shadows have offended,
                        Think but this, and all is mended,
                        That you have but slumber'd here
                        While these visions did appear.
                        And this weak and idle theme,
                        No more yielding but a dream,
                        Gentles, do not reprehend:
                        if you pardon, we will mend:
                        And, as I am an honest Puck,
                        If we have unearned luck
                        Now to 'scape the serpent's tongue,
                        We will make amends ere long;
                        Else the Puck a liar call;
                        So, good night unto you all.
                        Give me your hands, if we be friends,
                        And Robin shall restore amends.
                        Facebook

"Then how could chi kung overcome diseases where the cause is unknown or when there is no cure? The question is actually incorrect. The expressions "the cause is unknown" and "there is no cure" are applicable only in the Western medical paradigm. The expressions no longer hold true in the chi kung paradigm. In the chi kung paradigm the cause is known, and there is a cure."

-Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Comment

Iron Shirt Chi Kung / Mantak Chia

Dear friend and forum members, is amazing how things goes in this forum!

No body should judge any person! no body should judge jing bastard !

Dear friend jing bastard lets just say the truth:

Many Masters have stop to came to this forum some, even felt bad about the Masters of this forum!

I found few good forums over the Internet that things like this is not found there! Why not just go to other forums jing bastard? Is never to latte to find a better place!
                          Last edited by flowerheart; 25 August 2008, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Dear JB

You asked the question:
                            When did i ever disrespect your school or the forum?
                            so I will provide an answer.
                            For one, your username is disrespectful. I don't really see the need to elaborate on this.
                            Secondly, one of the ways that we demonstrate respect in the English language is by making our utterances and communications longer than they need to be. For example, between friends, "wa 'sup" is appropriate. this is just about as terse as one could get. Contrast that with "How are you doing today, Monsieur?", Approaching a stranger we don't say "What time is it?" but rather, ""Excuse me. Could you please tell me the time?"
                            In short, niceties and formalities like this are very important ways that we convey our mutual respect and regard for one another. We are not your buddies; we, in fact, don't even know you. We are your colleagues, many of us professionals. Your post was under two sentences long and hardly conveyed the level of thought or commitment that Chi Kung Fu tradition requires. This is a sign that you lack the respect for the time and effort that we have put into training in our arts.

To answer your original question, as indicated by my seniors one of the skills that we can develop is the ability to ascertain someone's level through their writing. I remember that my Sidai, Mark Blohm, was surprised when, without meeting him, I told him that I could tell that he had developed good internal force. When my brothers make comments regarding your level, they are not making assumptions, but rather deductions.

I hope that you will continue to take enjoyment from our forum despite (or perhaps as a result of) taking offense.

Kindly,

Charles.
                            Last edited by Charles David; 11 September 2008, 12:30 PM.
                            Charles David Chalmers
                            Brunei Darussalam

Comment

No body should judge any person! no body should judge jing bastard !
                              Interestingly, another of the benefits of our practice is developing good judgement.

Still,
                              Charles David Chalmers
                              Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Working...
                              X