Shakti Mantras: Tapping into the Great Goddess Energy Within

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Stephen,
    I'm not an expert but I think you can draw a similar conclusion with Taoist sexual practices. Generally speaking they are considered deviant, especially the ones that drain the female's life energy for the male's benefit.

When you mention Lalita's thousand names do you mean the Lalita Sahasranama? I can say from direct experience that it is extremely powerful. I remember chanting it for the first time and being shocked by the amount of energy gathering. It was enormous

Warmest regards,

Ray
    "Om"

I pay homage to all the great masters of the past and the present

Comment

Hey hey,

Thanks to the advice of my Sisook Ray, I'm going to beging reciting the Medicine Buddha Mantra. But, there were a few Sanskrit pronunciations that I could use some help with. I would really appreciate it if anyone could provide a "how-to-pronounce" guide for these words:

BHEGHANDZE

KSHETRA

That's it!

Big thanks
      Andrew
      Love, and do what you will.

- St. Augustine

Comment

When you mention Lalita's thousand names do you mean the Lalita Sahasranama? I can say from direct experience that it is extremely powerful. I remember chanting it for the first time and being shocked by the amount of energy gathering. It was enormous
        Yes actually. I believe the 1000 names do in fact come from the Lalita Sahasranama. Congrats on the experience!

Thanks to the advice of my Sisook Ray, I'm going to beging reciting the Medicine Buddha Mantra. But, there were a few Sanskrit pronunciations that I could use some help with. I would really appreciate it if anyone could provide a "how-to-pronounce" guide for these words:
        I have no idea actually how to pronounce these words. It's best to find an audio format and listen to it first... I bought some CDs from Mr. Farrand before chanting my mantras.

FYI, here are some of Lalita's names:
        • 1. OM sri-matre namaha - She who is the auspicious Mother.
        • 2. OM sri-maha-rajnyai namaha - She who is the Empress of the Universe.
        • 3. OM srimat-simhasan'esvaryai namaha - She who is the queen of the most glorious throne.
        • 4. OM cid-agni-kunda-sambhutayai namaha - She who was born in the fire-pit of Pure Consciousness.
        • 5. OM deva-karya-samudyatayai namaha - She who is intent on fulfilling the wishes of the gods
        • 6. OM udyad-bhanu-sahasrabhayai namaha - She who has the radiance of a thousand rising suns.
        • 7. OM catur-bahu-samanvitayai namaha - She who is four-armed.
        • 8. OM raga-svarupa-pasadhyayai namaha - She who is holding the rope of love in Her hand.
        • 9. OM krodha-kar'ankus'ojjvalayai namaha - She who shines, bearing the goad of anger.
        • 10. OM mano-rup'eksu-kodandayai namaha - She who holds in Her hand a sugarcane bow that represents the mind.
        • 11. OM pancha-tanmatra-sayakayai namaha - She who holds the five subtle elements as arrows.
        • 12. OM nij'aruna-prabha-pura-majjad-brahmanda-mandalayai namaha - She who immerses the entire universe in the red effulgence of Her form.
        • 13. OM campak'asoka-punnaga-saugandhika-lasat-kacayai namaha - She whose hair has been adorned with flowers like campaka, ashoka, punnàga and saugandhika.
        • 14. OM kuruvinda-mani-sreni-kanat-kotira-manditayai namaha - She who is resplendent with a crown adorned with rows of kuruvinda gems.
        • 15. OM astami-candra-vibhrajadalika-sthala-sobhitayai namaha - She whose forehead shines like the crescent moon of the eighth night of the lunar half-month.
        • 16. OM mukha-candra-kalankabha mrganabhi-visesakayai namaha - She who wears a musk mark on Her forehead which shines like the spot in the moon.
        • 17. OM vadana-smara-mangalya-grha-torana-cillikayai namaha - She whose eyebrows shine like the archways leading to the house of Kàma, the god of love, which Her face resembles.
        • 18. OM vaktra-laksmi-parivaha-calan-minabha-locanayai namaha - She whose eyes possess the luster of the fish that move about in the stream of beauty flowing from Her face.
        • 19. OM nava-campaka-puspabha-nasa-danda-vira-jitayai namaha - She who is resplendent with a nose that has the beauty of a newly blossoming campaka flower.
        • 20. OM tara-kanti-tiraskari-nasabharana-bhasurayai namaha - She who shines with a nose-ornament that excels the luster of a star.

• 130. OM sat'odaryai namaha - She who is slender-waisted.
        • 450. OM nandinyai namaha - She who gives delight.
        • 451. OM vighna-nasinyai namaha - She who destroys all obstacles.
        • 452. OM tejovatyai namaha - She who is effulgent.
        • 453. OM tri-nayanayai namaha - She who has the sun, moon and fire as Her three eyes.
        • 454. OM lolaksi-kama-rupinyai namaha - She who is in the form of love in women.
        • 455. OM malinyai namaha - She who is wearing garlands.
        • 456. OM hamsinyai namaha - She who is not separate from Hamsas (the yogins who have reached great spiritual heights).
        • 457. OM matre namaha - She who is the Mother of the universe.
        • 458. OM malay'acala-vasinyai namaha - She who resides in the Malaya mountain.
        • 459. OM sumukhyai namaha - She who has a beautiful face.
        • 460. OM nalinyai namaha - She whose body is soft and beautiful like lotus petals.
        • 461. OM subhruve namaha - She who has beautiful eyebrows.
        • 462. OM sobhanayai namaha - She who is always radiant.
        • 463. OM suranayikayai namaha - She who is the leader of the gods.
        • 464. OM kala-kanthyai namaha - She who is the wife of Shiva.
        • 465. OM kantimatyai namaha - She who is radiant.
        • 466. OM ksobhinyai namaha - She who creates upheaval in the mind.
        • 467. OM suksma-rupinyai namaha - She who has a form that is too subtle to be perceived by the sense organs.
        • 468. OM vajr'esvaryai namaha - She who is Vajreshvarì, the sixth daily deity.
        • 469. OM vama-devyai namaha - She who is the wife of Vàmadeva (Shiva).
        • 470. OM vayo'vastha vivarjitayai namaha - She who is exempt from changes due to age (time).
        • 471. OM siddh'esvaryai namaha - She who is the goddess worshipped by spiritual adepts.
        • 472. OM siddha-vidyayai namaha - She who is in the form of Siddhavidyà, the fifteen-syllabled mantra.
        • 473. OM siddha-matre namaha - She who is the mother of Siddhas.
        • 474. OM yasasvinyai namaha - She who is of unequalled renown.
        • 475. OM visuddhi cakra nilayayai namaha - She who resides in the Vishuddhichakra.
        • 476. OM arakta-varnayai namaha - She who is of slightly red (rosy) complexion.
        • 477. OM tri-locanayai namaha - She who has three eyes.
        • 478. OM khatvangadi-praharanayai namaha - She who is armed with a club and other weapons.
        • 479. OM vadan'aika-samanvitayai namaha - She who possesses only one face.
        • 480. OM payas'anna-priyayai namaha - She who is especially fond of sweet rice.

One can only wonder what some of the above mantras can do.

OM sat'odaryai namaha - She who is slender-waisted.

Thomas-Ashley Farrand in another of his books recommends the above mantra (number 130) to help one lose weight. Interesting to say the least.

Kind regards,
        Stephen
        Last edited by DarkCosmoz; 7 June 2008, 06:40 AM.

Comment

There is a form of Lalita where she is manifested as Kameshvari, the powerful Queen that grants and fulfills all wishes. There are specific mantras that can invoke her.

However, these mantras are so powerful and effective that the original seers and sages "sealed and nailed" these mantras. That is, they would not be effective unless another secret mantra was chanted beforehand.

Comment

There is a long and rather great excerpt of Mr. Farrand's Healing Mantras online: http://www.dailyom.com/library/000/000/000000185.html

Enjoy! He's a terrific writer.

Comment

Dear Ray and Andrew,

You could spend your time experimenting with the above 480 mantras (probably thousands, given the permutations in the material Stephen has mentioned)

Or you could concentrate on your Shaolin training.

Personally, I feel all this is at best a distraction, and actually approaching dangerous territory.

I know I have barely scratched the surface of what there is to achieve in the Shaolin arts. I'm always truly grateful when Sifu teaches me new material, but at the same time I often wonder how I'm going to do it justice, practice to the depth it merits. Quite often, less is more.

Andrew, I don't have my copy of Sukhavati to hand but I'm pretty sure Sifu's commentary on the Great Compassion Dharani explains that it can be used for long-term health issues. I remember you saying before that you had a wonderful experience reciting this. Maybe it's worth revisiting and including in your daily practice? Health-wise, the results may or may not come as quickly as you'd like, but trust that in the meantime you are benefiting in many other ways.

Dear Stephen,

Originally posted by DarkCosmoz View Post
              Vashikaran is the art of attracting, influencing and controlling people (do a Google search to find some information).
              I'd like to take you up on a couple of other points also . But I'll start by asking: Why would you want to control someone? Where's the joy in that?

Best wishes,

Fleur

Comment

Dear Fleur,

If I am somehow distracting or negatively influencing the Wahnam community in anyway with the idea of chanting mantras, I think it would be best for me to stop and close this thread. But I genuinely believe that chanting Sanskrit mantras for spiritual as well as material purposes can be greatly beneficial in the long run. I introduced this topic here in the Wahnam forum because Sifu Wong has mentioned in his Q&As about Kuan Yin's mantra.

But I'll start by asking: Why would you want to control someone? Where's the joy in that?

Sant Keshavada states that when you chant this Vashikaran mantra, people (and eventually the world) will be drawn towards you. He seems to describe this mantra as a charisma mantra.

Other texts (like the Lalita Sahasranama) describes this mantra as "She Who Has the Worlds Under Her Sway," or "She Who Controls the Worlds."

Basically, I think the problem is with the word "charisma." When someone has charisma, they can sway the people (or control the people) to do their bidding. Barack Obama, for example, has great charisma and as a result, many support him for President. However, does that mean that he is controlling the masses? That's always up for debate.

I see this mantra as a remedy (as Sant Keshavada probably did since he placed this mantra in a healing book) for people who have a hard time making friends or attracting a mate.

Personally, I found this mantra useful for making a great first impression on people. If you're in the field of teaching, sales, etc., this mantra would also be useful as it increases your charisma.

Kind regards,
                Stephen
                Last edited by DarkCosmoz; 7 June 2008, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Using Universe For Egoistic Purposes?

Dear family,

that is an intellectually interesting thread. The mind likes to get confused and dispersed.

I would like to adress the following point.

Originally posted by DarkCosmoz
                  Personally, I found this mantra useful for making a great first impression on people. If you're in the field of teaching, sales, etc., this mantra would also be useful as it increases your charisma
                  Personnally I am not interested in making a 'great first impression on people'. I flow, let it flow, and let others flow their own way. Well, I certainly disagree with you Stephen, as I see a very slippery ground here, on which I don't want to walk...

For example, one mantra presented in this book comes from the Goddess Radha: Om Parama Prema Rupaya Namaha. This mantra has the power to attract the highest form of Divine Love into your life (meaning if you are single and recite this 108 times everyday, you will attract a mate).
                  Disturbing Gods for ladies...

Personnally I think that chanting mantras for attracting ladies is low level, and will keep you low level. I love to trust and let the Cosmos/Nature/God be in charge and taking care of me. What a delicious feeling. I am cautious about 'forcing' or employing outstanding means to satisfy non urgent and egoistical needs.

For simple human purposes, I would rather use simple human solutions. Beautiful ladies are everywhere, there is no need to disturb the Gods to attract them. One should better find out by himself why he hasn't a lady yet (the cause), or better still, simply go and pick up one (the solution). Please all singles take a minute to reflect on this last sentence.

Anyway, by smiling from the heart we already have a very powerful tool! By smiling from the heart, we are helping everybody (including ourselves), and the positive energy that we radiate will naturally (key word here) attract more positive ladies -or more gentlemen if you are a lady-. Like the wise says, goodness begets goodness.

My personnal experience is that by opening the heart and by lifting up our spirit we naturally attract more positive situations (and yes, more positive ladies); with the practice of Qigong, by clearing our mind we can see opportunities and by nurturing courage (from internal force) we can grasp them and act - rather than think.

Chantring mantras with compassion and disturbing Gods & Godesses to pay respect to them, to ask for peace and happiness for all beings, or for help in life-threatening situations is one thing. But in order to bring a lady in one's bed (so to speak), it is another one. As disciples on the sipiritual path, I believe we should developp the inner sensitivity to know when to use those skills, and when not.

Now, time to go and pick up a beautiful flower with my barehands, before Sifu asks me again 'Maxime, how come a handsome young man like you is still not married?'.

With Folded Hands,
                  Last edited by Maxime; 7 June 2008, 03:59 PM. Reason: I still have bad spelling

Maxime Citerne, Chinese Medicine, Qigong Healing & Internal Arts

Frankfurt - Paris - Alsace

France: www.institut-anicca.com

Germany: www.anicca-institute.com

Comment

Personnally I am not interested in making a 'great first impression on people'. I flow, let it flow, and let others flow their own way. Well, I certainly disagree with you Stephen, as I see a very slippery ground here, on which I don't want to walk...
                    Maxime, can you elaborate on what you mean by slippery ground? Do you mean that increasing your charisma through mantras is unethical? Sifu Wong (as well as other great masters) did say in his Q&A a few times that with power comes great responsibility. It all depends on how you choose to use this power.

After years of training in Shaolin Wahnam, for example, you can have enough internal force to tap someone on the chest and kill him/her instantly. But does that mean that developing this internal force is unethical?

Personnally I think that chanting mantras for attracting ladies is low level, and will keep you low level. I love to trust and let the Cosmos/Nature/God be in charge and taking care of me. What a delicious feeling. I am cautious about 'forcing' or employing outsanding means to satisfy non urgent and egoistical needs.
                    Hmm... Let's look at this from the viewpoint of karma. Everybody has karma. Some people have such great karma that they can attract a relationship left and right with ease. I know you have seen these people. They may not be that great looking or have that great of a personality, but they somehow remain single for a very short period of time. Some people, however, have karma that dictates that they are to remain single for a very long time.

Powerful Chi Kung as taught in Shaolin Wahnam can very certainly clear bad karma as stated by Sifu Wong in his Q&A. But chanting genuine mantras are also another way to clear bad relationship karma.

Beautiful ladies are everywhere, there is no need to disturb the Gods to attract them. One should better find out by himself why he hasn't a lady yet (the cause), or better still, simply go and pick up one (the solution).
                    Using the karmic viewpoint above, if you have bad relationship karma, the beautiful ladies will not be attracted to you no matter how hard you try. Some people find it easy to go out and pick up a lady successfully. Others find it terrifying. Why? From a spiritual perspective, it is due to karma.

Anyway, by smiling from the heart we already have a very powerful tool! By smiling from the heart, we are helping everybody (including ourselves), and the positive energy that we radiate will naturally (key word here) attract more positive ladies -or more gentlemen if you are a lady-. Like the wise says, goodness begets goodness.
                    Smiling from the heart certainly is beneficial! But let's use the karmic viewpoint above again. The act of smiling from the heart is in fact changing our old karmic patterns. If we were previously negative all the time, we wouldn't attract anyone or any positive things into our life. The act of smiling from the heart changes our negative karmic patterns into a positive one, thus attracting people and good things.

However, I believe Chi Kung and intensely chanting mantras are a faster route to burning off the bad karma.

Chantring mantras with compassion and disturbing Gods & Godesses to pay respect to them, to ask for peace and happiness for all beings, or for help in life-threatening situations is one thing. But in order to bring a lady in one's bed (so to speak), it is another one.
                    All the mantras presented in this book are meant for the highest good. It is meant for people genuinely seeking a spiritual partner. Getting a woman into bed is indeed low level and will attract low level spirits. These mantras in this book do not attempt to get a woman in bed (that would involve black Vashikaran mantras I previously talked about). They invoke the highest good in all of us.

Also, remember that these mantras invoke the Gods and Goddesses from within us and without.

As disciples on the sipiritual path, I believe we should developp the inner sensitivity to know when to use those skills, and when not.
                    With power comes responsibility. This will always be true.

Kind regards,
                    Stephen
                    Last edited by DarkCosmoz; 7 June 2008, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Hello Fleur!

I actually began reciting mantras in order to deepen my Shaolin practice. I would say it has definitely deepened it. As you noted, Sigung talks about it in some of his books. To clarify, the only mantras I've used have been the Great Compassion Dharani, Guan Yin mantra, and I once meditated on "Who am I?" (thank you for the suggestion Sifu Joko ). I continue using them because they make me feel full of love and warmth and have shown me new aspects of the Shaolin tradition. That's about it!

Andrew
                      Love, and do what you will.

- St. Augustine

Comment

Hello Family,
                        We are lucky to come from such a complete and comprehensive tradition. Since it is a complete we don't need to venture to other traditions for supplements. However I also know that karmically people will have connections and find something beneficial in other traditions that simply suits them better. An example would be instead of chanting a buddhist mantra, a practitioner chooses a prayer from their own spiritual tradition because of familiarity.
                        The method that Maxime Sihing suggested works fine, and I am sure that the mantra of Radha is a lot more than just a charisma mantra. I believe that we can all agree that intention plays a role here and we have a responsibility to act with noble intentions to the best of our ability.

Best,

Ray
                        "Om"

I pay homage to all the great masters of the past and the present

Comment

Well, spiritual cultivation is a very personal thing, and to each their own.

My comments weren’t at all directed at people following their own religious traditions. Just that, for me, using mantras in the way suggested here feels somewhat opposed to the spirit of our training .

I also sensed a slight over-fascination with the esoteric and ‘powerful’, in this thread.

Ray, you’re so right that we’re lucky to have a comprehensive programme for our physical, emotional and spiritual development, in the Shaolin arts. At various points in ‘Sukhavati’, Sifu’s commentary made me realise how many different aspects of our training take care of our spiritual development - even if we’re not aware of this at the time.

My own understanding of spiritual matters is very limited, but the understanding I do have is from direct experience, thanks to Sifu’s guidance and transmission. One of the best examples I can offer is from our first ‘Namo Amitabha Buddha’ group recitation at Sukhavati study group.

Sifu Marcus mentioned beforehand that as we were all new to the practice, it might feel strange at first, and take a while to get into. In reality the experience was like opening a door and stepping straight through into a higher level of consciousness. It was unbelievable, so profound, and I’ve no doubt we had ‘help’ in this respect. I’ll always remember the stunned silence after, and the look of wonder on everyone’s face.

I know I’m not alone in having read some of Sifu’s books more than once, and each time it’s like reading for the first time. Because they contain his transmission, and as we change through our practice, we experience the transmission more deeply. So when he generously translates, or explains aspects of ‘The Heart Sutra’ or ‘Great Compassion Mantra’, those words really resonate and I try to pay due attention, rather than satisfying my intellectual curiousity through wider reading or exploration. To borrow a phrase from Sifu, that would feel like ‘throwing sand over gems – without the sand, the gems shine more brightly’.

Again, that is a purely personal response, and no disrespect to anyone who feels differently.

Hello Andrew
                          Originally posted by Andrew R View Post
                          I actually began reciting mantras in order to deepen my Shaolin practice. I would say it has definitely deepened it. As you noted, Sigung talks about it in some of his books. To clarify, the only mantras I've used have been the Great Compassion Dharani, Guan Yin mantra, and I once meditated on "Who am I?" (thank you for the suggestion Sifu Joko ). I continue using them because they make me feel full of love and warmth and have shown me new aspects of the Shaolin tradition. That's about it!
                          That’s great, I’m really happy for you.

Hello Stephen, Sifu Maxime has voiced a few of my thoughts already, but I’ve one more question to ask. Can you reconcile these two paragraphs from an earlier post?
                          Unlike high-level qigong, the Vedic mantras presented in this book are safe to practice.
                          Her mantra essentially awakens the kundalini at the base of the spine. In fact, her mantra forcefully awakens it, causing turmoil in your everyday life. Kali symbolizes the ruthless and scary death of the old, and rejuvenation of the new. I chanted her 15 syllable mantra for about 1.5 weeks. During that period, I felt like I was dying everyday! At the same time though, I could also feel the energy at the base of my spine awakening and tingling (different sensation from chi).
                          This doesn’t sound safe to me at all.

There are a couple of references in the thread to people’s experiences of ‘powerful energy gathering’. This may or may not be a good thing, and probably means little in itself. But if there are some blockages, and the energy isn’t cleared by chi flow, then it would definitely not be a good thing, in fact, dangerous. So I’d be very cautious to say the least, about undertaking this practice from a book, without the supervision of a master.

Respect to all,

Fleur

Comment

Hi Fleur,

This doesn’t sound safe to me at all.

There are a couple of references in the thread to people’s experiences of ‘powerful energy gathering’. This may or may not be a good thing, and probably means little in itself. But if there are some blockages, and the energy isn’t cleared by chi flow, then it would definitely not be a good thing, in fact, dangerous. So I’d be very cautious to say the least, about undertaking this practice from a book, without the supervision of a master.
                            Based on your post above, you believe that chanting Sanskrit mantras is like practicing Chi Kung. This is not true.

I am by no means an expert, but based on my past experiences, I know that chi and shakti are two different kinds of energy.
                            • Chi is generated as a result of practicing Chi Kung and courses through various organs and meridians.
                            • Shakti power is generated as a result of chanting Sanskrit mantras. This intelligent energy originates from the base of our spine (where the Muladhara, or base, chakra resides) and as we develop spiritually, moves up each chakra,.

We know what chi is, as we have all experienced it. What, then, is shakti? Because it's hard for me to put in words, here's a definition from Wikipedia:

Shakti meaning sacred force, power or energy is the Hindu concept or personification of the divine feminine aspect, sometimes referred to as 'The Divine Mother'. Shakti represents the active, dynamic principles of feminine power.
                            Simply put, shakti is power, or the personification of power. In Hindu mythology, shakti is personified as various goddesses explained in my previous posts (Lalita, Durga, etc). Shakti is what gives the Hindu gods their powers (again, their power is personified as their wives). As explained before, the Vedas traditionally view power as feminine and consciousness as masculine.

Chanting a mantra associated with a particular goddess awakens within us the power and attributes of that goddess. In other words, it awakens our shakti that lies dormant at the base of our spine.

Does your karma dictate in this life that you shall be poor? No problem. Devotedly chant the Lakshmi mantra and surrender yourself to Her. Doing so will awaken the shakti within you for wealth and abundance.

But if you're physically unhealthy with a lot of internal blockages, will chanting this mantra be dangerous? No. Chanting the mantras presented in this book do not induce chi flow (although I am sure that there are mantras that can do that). A person with internal injuries dedicatedly practicing Golden Bridge everyday from a book without the supervision of a master is dangerous. Chanting, however, is not the same as practicing Lifting the Sky.

Chanting mantras awaken our dormant divine energy (shakti) while simultaneously burning off bad karma. The energy manifested and generated is different from Chi.

FYI, below is an excerpt from the book about the 15-syllable Kali mantra. Enjoy:

Shakti Mantras

Spiritual Evolution Mantra That Is Quick, Powerful, and Unyielding

There is also a longer form of the above mantra that relates to Kali as the destroyer of negative ego on the one hand, and the provider of a very fast route to spiritual liberation on the other. It would be difficult for you to discover this mantra, usually referred to simply and mysteriously as the Great Fifteen-Syllable Mantra. If you decide to work with this mantra, please have extra patience with yourself. Because it can work quickly, it may also cause some turmoil in your daily life.

The mantra will bring to the surface aspects of our ego that we have decided are "OK." We all become comfortable with ourselves in certain contexts. We know who we are, make allowances for our aberrant behavior, and fool ourselves that we are trying hard and doing the best we can. But if those internal qualities are truly not beneficial to us, this mantra will begin to eradicate even those characteristics we may have decided are "OK," and want to keep. If we are determined to hold on to parts of ourselves that are based on a deluded sense of satisfaction, particularly if our behavior is less than ideal, then Kali will come to our aid with a stainless-steel, scalpel-like precision.

When we invoke Kali through this mantra, we are saying, "I want true spiritual advancement by the most powerful and direct route, the consequences to my ego notwithstanding." So if you pick this route, its only fair that you know what you are in for. It will be intense, possibly unnerving, probably uncomfortable, certainly disruptive to one or more aspects of your mundane life, and also very effective in a short amount of time.

2. Om Hrim Shreem Klim Adya Kalika Param Eshwari Swaha [Om Hreem Shreem Kleem Ahd-yah Kah-lee-kah Pah-rahm Ehsh-wah-ree Swah-hah]

"Om and salutations to She who is the first one, dark within her own reality, the supreme primordial feminine, who cuts through illusion to the unabridged truth of existence."

Practicing Chi Kung can make you mentally, physically and spiritually healthy while simultaneously making you internally powerful for combat. Chanting these mantras associated with a certain goddess are different. They change your karma for the better while awakening and developing their divine qualities within you.

Mr. Farrand gives an example of when he himself was in danger from a stranger in his late thirties, threatening to physically hurt him. His wife, who has devotedly chanted the Durga mantra many thousands of times, stepped in to protect him from the stranger. Durga, if you remember, is the fierce personified feminine power of protection who destroys a wide range of demonic and negative forces. She is portrayed as a beautiful goddess riding a fierce tiger while holding many different battle weapons in each of her many hands. Mr. Farrand goes on to say that his wife seemed to have actually took on the form of Durga for a brief moment, and the man backed down scared.

When can it get dangerous? Mr. Farrand talks about the great potential for abusing the Shakti power generated, warns of the consequences and even gives a few stories.
                            Last edited by DarkCosmoz; 10 June 2008, 04:03 PM.

Comment

The Essence of a Warrior

Warriors train Shaolin Wahnam and Shaolin Wahnam trains Warriors. Fleur and Maxime are excellent examples of this.

I would suggest that using a Mantra to attract a partner is not the purest way. For those who have no other option for happiness, it is understandable. For those who are lucky enough to have found Shaolin Wahnam, it is rather foolish.

Dear Stephen,

I believe that using 'Karma' to justify our shortcomings is not brave or honest. You have been lucky enough to discover Shaolin Wahnam. Now you have the opportunity to create your own luck and become a Warrior. The choice is yours, not Karma's.

Comment

Hello Darryl,

Long time no talk. I hope all is well with you!

You are right - I am incredibly lucky to have discovered Shaolin-Wahnam early.

Sifu Wong's Q&A series and the forum community here have been a tremendous help in dealing and coping with my painful teenage years. Although I have never mentioned it before, to give you an idea of how bad it was, I have contemplated suicide a few times in the past when I was 14-15. The Shaolin/Zen philosophy as well as practicing Chi Kung (Lifting the Sky, etc.) have been a tremendous help in shaping my view of this world and overcoming my mental depression.

For that, I am forever grateful to you guys and Sifu Wong.

I believe that using 'Karma' to justify our shortcomings is not brave or honest.
                                I did not really mean to say that because of your karma, you guys can't do so and so. But I guess it came out that way because of the issues Maxime brought up.

But I honestly believe that everything doesn't happen by chance - it is all due to our karma, and Sifu Wong mentions this a lot on his website.

For example, it is due to your good spiritual karma that you are an instructor in Shaolin-Wahnam. Other people like Donald Trump and Bill Gates may have wealth karma that they have to play out. Etc.

----------------

This will be my last post on this subject though, and thank you all for reading. I started this thread under the "Book Reviews" section in order to share with you guys what I have read. My intention was never to create distractions within this community or incite some hostility, as that is the vibe I am starting to pick up. I also have a lot of to prepping to do for my new job on Wall Street (I had to tell someone!).

Kind regards,
                                Stephen
                                Last edited by DarkCosmoz; 10 June 2008, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X