Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shakti Mantras: Tapping into the Great Goddess Energy Within

Greetings folks!

I recently read a book by Thomas Ashley-Farrand called "Shakti Mantras". These mantras are part of the Hindu tradition to achieve anything you may wish for in life.

For example, one mantra presented in this book comes from the Goddess Radha: Om Parama Prema Rupaya Namaha. This mantra has the power to attract the highest form of Divine Love into your life (meaning if you are single and recite this 108 times everyday, you will attract a mate).

The mantra Om Shrim Maha Lakshmiyei Namaha attracts all types of abundance into your life, whether it is wealth, food, or beauty.

There is a mantra of the Goddess Kali presented in the book that is quite powerful and speeds up your spiritual progress with the cost of causing turmoil and upheavals in your life. The author does not further elaborate how or why. But further research indicates that this mantra specifically awakens the kundalini energy in your spine! The turmoil would make sense since the Kundalini energy would clean out any karma and debris in your body and soul. Very interesting and powerful stuff!

After reading this book, I did further researching on mantras for intellectual pleasure. It lead me to this video:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a6lM...eature=related
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UThqu...eature=related

Here, the Vedic priest talks about the power of the KLEEM mantra, and how if recited, it can attract all forms of material wealth as well as women into your life.

Another video by the same priest talks about removing karma with a specific mantra: http://youtube.com/watch?v=sdZFz95ucLk

Anyway, getting back to the book, I highly recommend it for anyone who is thinking of alternative ways to changing their life for the good.

Thank you.
    Stephen

Hi, thanks for the links.

Although I have no doubt mantras coupled with intention and action can bring results, I'm having a very hard time accepting just reciting mantras with a given end result will lead somwhere. I remember once a friend of mine when seeking his spiritual path once ended up in a room with some people watching some videos; these videos told that if you repeated mantra X everyday, at least Y times, they would bring you money/mate/power/spiritual growth/car/house/happiness/bottle of whiskey/flowers in your garden.

When my friend inquired wether spiritual growth actually demanded hard work like sitting meditation, he was ridiculed for suggesting something so outlandish and "new age". This from people who desperately believed just reciting words X times a day would bring forth miracles.
    Last edited by Omar; 4 January 2008, 09:43 AM.
    When one door closes, another one opens.

Comment

Hi Stephen

The number of technics and practices across all cultures to achieve extraordinary results is such that you might spend your entire life discovering each day a more spectacular one . However what they all have in common is that to see whether they work and achieve results one needs to practice them . Finding a new one a day might give you every time the intellectual kick of "wow this is cool" but will not bring results. So how about choosing one, preferably one that has been used and practiced by a reliable person and try it for yourself ?

With respects to "mantras". Simple sentences/prayers/praises which are repeated many times, are present in most religions, allthought many people do not realize this. My own experience is that when chosen wisely and with good intent they can change our focus and person and thus bring many benefits.

Andrea
      Enjoy some Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan & Qi Gong!

Evening Classes in Zürich
      Weekend Classes in other Swiss locations

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Taichichuan.Wahnam.ch

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys.

Omar,
        This from people who desperately believed just reciting words X times a day would bring forth miracles.
        I honestly believe that repeating the mantra, whether out loud or silently, with sincerity, humbleness and intention will work its intended effect. Sifu Wong on his Q&A series states that if you recite the mantra "Namo Kuan Shi Yin Pu Sa", you will instantly receive help and blessings from Kuan Yin. I believe this to be true. However, I don't believe that Kuan Yin will respond if someone just recites her mantra a few times nonchalantly without any intention or sincerity.

According to the book, "Sanskrit is an energy-based language first and meaning-based language second." The Sanskrit alphabet consists of 50 letters, each letter corresponding to a petal of our energy chakras in the body. So by chanting a mantra with intention and sincerity, you actually slowly but surely change your vibrational frequencies, thereby attracting different things and karma into your life.

Hi Andrea,

So how about choosing one, preferably one that has been used and practiced by a reliable person and try it for yourself ?
        I have already picked 2 mantras and began chanting them 108 times silently for the past few days. I can feel an energy build up from within already... it feels different from the energy I get by practicing chi kung. I'll let you guys know of the results in due time!

Thanks,
        Stephen

Comment

Greetings Shaolin-Wahnam members!

I know I haven't been active for a while now, but I still continue to peruse this forum during my leisure time.

I would like to start off by saying that chanting Sanskrit mantras have definitely changed my life in various subtle ways. Unlike high-level qigong, the Vedic mantras presented in this book are safe to practice. If a syllable is slightly mispronounced, its effects aren't detrimental since it is your sincere intentions that count. I believe Anthony Korahais stated this same principle elsewhere in this forum with regards to chanting 'Om Mani Padme Hum.'

However, there are another class of extremely powerful mantras that require the supervision of qualified gurus and therefore are not presented in this book or any other books available to the public. Thomas-Ashley Farrand gave an example of someone chanting a powerful Native American mantra incorrectly, crippling himself physically for life!

I experimented chanting with different mantras:
          • Lakshmi (Goddess of Wealth and Abundance)
          • Durga and Chamundi (Goddess of Divine Protection and Destruction of Negative Forces)
          • Kali (A fiercer aspect of Durga and Chamundi)
          • Lalitha (The Feminine Goddess of a Thousand Powers)

Lakshmi

In the beginning, I chanted Lakshmi's mantra for only 108 times a day. I wasn't sure what kind of abundance I wanted. Clearly, this wasn't enough because the results were taking too long to manifest. I may also have had karmic issues that the mantra was burning off.

I moved on to other mantras, and decided to pick and chant one all day long...

Durga and Chamundi

* The Durga and Chamundi mantras are wonderful for becoming more confident and purging oneself of negative forces. In Vedic mythology, Durga is a Goddess who is extremely sensual and beautiful to her devotees but terrible and frightening to anyone trying to harm her devotees (Chamundi, by the way, is the more fierce aspect of Durga). Durga is depicted as riding a tiger with countless weapons of destruction in her many hands.

The metaphoric demons that they help the Gods battle are really negative forces found within yourself (jealousy, anger, lust, etc.) I found that chanting this mantra over time caused me to have mild fits of rage and jealously. Once it was over, I felt much better about my self. This I believe, was a purging effect of the mantra. Other people have experienced the same.

Kali

Kali is often depicted as a scary Goddess, with skulls hanging around her neck and blood dripping out of her mouth. However, like Durga, she also helped the Gods combat the demon forces that threatened the foundation of the universe. To know more about her, do a search on Google.

Her mantra essentially awakens the kundalini at the base of the spine. In fact, her mantra forcefully awakens it, causing turmoil in your everyday life. Kali symbolizes the ruthless and scary death of the old, and rejuvenation of the new. I chanted her 15 syllable mantra for about 1.5 weeks. During that period, I felt like I was dying everyday! At the same time though, I could also feel the energy at the base of my spine awakening and tingling (different sensation from chi).

Lalitha (Tripura-Sundari)

Following the Kali experience, I decided I needed a gentler approach. Lalita is a goddess described as having 1000 powers (1000 really means countless). She is portrayed as very beautiful, erotic and playful. She is also a kundalini awaker as well, but people probably like the feeling of her playful and loving energy better than Kali's.

I have been chanting the base Lalita mantra for a while now, and I feel her protection and presence everywhere I go. I also feel shakti energy blazing at the base of my spine.

I have noticed that chanting Lalita's mantra also fulfilled a lot of my wishes that I have had in the past. Lalita has countless forms, and one of her form, I later researched, is Kamaeshvari: the fulfiller of desires.

Because she is also described as young, beautiful and playful, I noticed that chanting her mantra attracts a lot of young beautiful women with the same energy! In fact, I believe the same is true with other mantras. However, I have been chanting Lalita's the longest to notice the effects.

I have more to share, but I have to go to my last final exam for now. I am graduating this year from college!

Kind regards,
          Stephen
          Last edited by DarkCosmoz; 7 May 2008, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Stephen,

Thanks for all the great info! I'll definitely have to start being better with using mantras while I have time over the summer break. I've been consistent with giving homage to Guan Yin, but some more lady-attracting-energy would be helpful. Can't wait to hear more of your experiences!

Andrew
            Love, and do what you will.

- St. Augustine

Comment

Hey Stephen,
              Thanks for sharing your experience. And congratulations on almost finishing college.

Best,

Ray
              "Om"

I pay homage to all the great masters of the past and the present

Comment

Hello everyone,

I have started a week ago to devote some time everyday to spiritual cultivation which involves amongst other things reciting the Heart Sultra a couple of times and chanting the name of the great compassionate buddha Amitabha.

This is therefore all very new to me. However, I do think it is very important though that whatever we wish to achieve from chanting mantras that it should be good and noble reasons.

I enjoy my spiritual cultivation practice very much every day now. The part of it that I enjoy the most at the moment is the passing on of merits to others after reciting the Heart Sutra and chanting Amitabha Buddha's name.

Best wishes

Martin

Comment

Shakti Mantras

Hi Stephen,

I have to admit when you made the first post and I saw Vedic priests and Goddesses mentioned I sort of lost interest. Since then I suppose my own practice has developed and on reading your last post, which is really well written by the way, I'm quite curious. I think I might have to read this book. Thanks for taking the time out from study to post the info, really fascinating. I also wish you success with your exams, are you reciting a mantra specifically to help with this?

Martin I'm really happy for you and that you are enjoying your spiritual cultivation passing on merits to others is rewarding in so many ways. The old saying "there is more happiness in giving than receiving" is certainly true.
                  One quick question, do you recite the Heart Sutra in Sanskrit, English, other?

All the best,

Joel
                  Once you know the map all routes become clear.

— Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Comment

Hi Joel,

With the Heart Sultra I am reciting it in English at the moment. I did intend on reciting the sutra in Chinese initially. However, I find Sigung's generous translation in his book The Complete Book of Shaolin very comfortable and flowing to recite. On this basis I feel I will be reciting the sutra in English for a while.

Kindest regards

Martin

Comment

Thank you for the well-wishes and replies everyone!

I enjoy my spiritual cultivation practice very much every day now. The part of it that I enjoy the most at the moment is the passing on of merits to others after reciting the Heart Sutra and chanting Amitabha Buddha's name.
                      Very nice! I hope to hear some of your experiences!

Thanks for taking the time out from study to post the info, really fascinating. I also wish you success with your exams, are you reciting a mantra specifically to help with this?
                      I didn't recite a mantra to help with my exams, but I did pray for help that I pass successfully. There is, however, a mantra for achieving academic success and is supposedly commonly used by Hindu parents on their kids in India.

It is Saraswati's mantra: Om Eim Saraswatyei Swaha
                      (Om I'm Sara-Swat-Yay Swaha)

Comment

Another of Lalita's 1000 names and mantra is:
                        Om Kama Dayinyei Namaha (Om Kah-mah Dah-Yeen-Yay Nah-mah-hah)

She Who Grants All Wishes

To use this mantra, focus on what you desire and chant this mantra as much as possible.

Kind regards,
                        Stephen

Comment

Hi Stephen,
                          My experience with the Lalitha mantra has been rewarding and very powerful. The energy generated is particularly nourishing and fulfilling to me. Thank you so much for sharing these so openly.

Best,

Ray
                          "Om"

I pay homage to all the great masters of the past and the present

Comment

Hi Ray,

Not a problem! Lalita as well as the other goddesses mentioned previously are all part of the same universal power but manifested differently. In Vedic traditions, power is equated with the feminine. Consciousness is equated with the masculine. One without the other will render our universe in an inanimate state. The idea of fire is masculine, but the actual power behind the fire is feminine.

Thomas-Ashley Farrand states that kundalini energy is most often awake in women as well as most females in the animal kingdom. Women after all need to protect their young. For the guys here, I'm sure you have seen the look of death in your girlfriend or wife's eyes that would make you back down no matter how big you are.

Lalita is the primal power of the universe. However, She is manifested as a young, beautiful and playful goddess whose countless powers are accessible through mantra chanting as well as various forms of worship (ie fruit offering). Kali, Chamundi, Durga, Lakshmi, etc. are all different manifestations of Lalita.

A few weeks ago when I was glancing through Lalita's 1000 names/mantras, a friend and I stumbled upon a mantra that surprised us both. This name/mantra is found in Vashikaran mantras. Vashikaran is the art of attracting, influencing and controlling people (do a Google search to find some information).

In one of his hard-to-find spiritual healing books, Sant Keshavada mentions this mantra as one that is useful in attracting people and eventually the whole world to you. But he warns of the karmic effects against misusing this blessing. It's interesting to note that this mantra is found buried in the middle of a healing book. He was clever in doing so since many people chasing this kind of power wouldn't bother looking at a spiritual healing book.

Kind regards,
                            Stephen

Comment

Also, FYI, tantric sex was often performed in hopes of having the woman's energy awaken the man's. However, this often was not the case and I believe it may have been a deviation from traditional practices.

Comment

Working...
                              X