X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Camp 2008

'

DETAILS OF UK SUMMER CAMP 2008

I have received a number of requests for details of Summer Camp 2008 and have decided to post all the information I currently have here for easy reference. I will update this post as I receive more information. Please note that there will be a lot of information on this thread. The essential information you need will be in the first few posts. The following posts will give you further details and information. Remember - the essential information is in the first few posts. So don't feel you have to read all of it =)

Please don’t post on this thread. If you wish to make comments about Summer Camp 2008, please feel free to start a thread in the miscellaneous section of the forum. If you have any questions please contact me.

DATES

Tuesday 15th July – 18th July
    Southern Shaolin Kung Fu – Introduction to Internal Force and Combat Application – 24 hrs of tuition.

Saturday 19th July
    Generating Energy Flow – Essential Introduction to Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung skills and techniques – 6 hrs of tuition.

Sunday 20th July
    Massaging Internal Organs – Using Energy Flow to Massage, Nourish and Heal Your Internal Organs: 4-5 hrs of tuition.

Monday 21st July
    Cosmic Shower – Discover How To Tap Energy From the Cosmos and Channel It to Cleanse Your Body of “Energy Blockages”: 4-5 hrs of tuition.

Tuesday 22nd July
    Sinew Metamorphosis – Also Known As Merging With The Cosmos: 4-5 hrs of tuition

Wednesday 23rd July
    Shaolin Internal Force – Internal Force Is Not Just For Martial Artists You Can Use It To Enhance Health, Promote Mental Clarity and Gain Glimpses of Cosmic Reality: 4-5 hrs of tuition.

Thursday 24th and Friday 25th July
    Cross Roads at Four Gates - Rare Opportunity to Learn a Priceless Set from a Grandmaster

COURSES

Introduction to Kungfu Internal Force and Combat Application
    Many kungfu as well as other martial art practitioners are either amazed at internal force or sceptical about it. They also wonder how, if ever, kungfu forms can be used for combat. Here is a golden opportunity to find out. Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit, the author of many kungfu books and well known for his teaching of internal force and combat application, has agreed to share these secrets in this 4-day course! If you do not experience internal force or know application of kungfu patterns for combat, you can ask for your money back! This course is meant for those who have some experience of kungfu or other martial art. It is a supplement (not a replacement) of what they are currently practicing. Fresh beginners may apply but they will have to work extra hard.

Generating Energy Flow
    Generating an internal energy flow inside your body, which sometimes manifests outwardly as chi flow movement, is the most fundamental skill in chi kung. You will learn this skill within the 6 hours of the course. You will also learn the wonderful skills to relax, to focus your mind, and to open your heart.

Massaging Internal Organs
    The ability to massage internal organs to make them clean, strong and healthy is a master’s skill. It is unbelievable but true that by following the teaching of Grandmaster Wong in this course, you can develop this skill in just one day! You can find out whether this is true at the course if you are accepted.
    Participants of this course must first take, or have taken "Generating Energy Flow".

Cosmic Shower
    In this course you will learn how to focus your mind and tap energy from the cosmos to enjoy an internal shower of energy. This golden shower will help to open your physical, emotional, mental as well as spiritual blockages, to overcome health problems, to revitalize your whole body, and to expand your mind and spirit. Participants of this course must first take, or have taken "Generating Energy Flow".

Merging with the Cosmos (Sinew Metamorphosis)
    Most people will find it hard to believe that by flicking your fingers three times, you can generate a lot of internal force, which helps to overcome pain and illness, to enhance daily work and play, to expand the mind and spirit, and to experience cosmic awareness. Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit will initiate you into this advanced art to enable you to enjoy these wonderful benefits. Participants of this course must first take, or have taken "Generating Energy Flow".

Shaolin Internal Force
    Many people, including some masters, wonder whether internal force exists although they have read much about it. Many would be happy if they could experience internal force after training for three years. Would you believe that you can experience internal force in just one day of this course? Come and find out. But you still have to practice on your own after the course to make your internal force lasting.
    Participants of this course must first take, or have taken "Generating Energy Flow".

Cross Roads at Four Gates
    This was the fundamental kungfu set taught in the southern Shaolin Temple before it was razed by the Qing Army. All Shaolin disciples had to be fluent in this set before they could specialize in other sets. This important set is not well known because it was kept as a secret. The set looks simple, but its application profound, and can be applied at different levels. Some of its combat applications were depicted in the famous wall murals of the Shaolin Temple. (Please see <http://shaolin.org/shaolin/four-gates.html> ). As part of our on-going effort to preserve the wonders of Shaolin Kungfu, Grandmaster Wong offers this incrediable course.

Sifu had this to say:
    "This is a very special course, and it is the first time I am offering it to the public"
    as this set also forms part of the new Shaolin Kung Fu syllabus (more about that soon), this is an excellent opportunity for you to learn it from the best source on the planet!

Shaolin Wahnam students wishing to take this special course should have completed at least Level 2 of either our Shaolin or Taijiquan syllabus. Non-Shaolin Wahnam members should have at lease one year of kungfu (any style) experience.

Price for this special course to be announced soon (as I'm going to have to work it into the current price structure)

COST

Simply look for the combination of courses you wish to take to find the cost. For example if you want to take any 2 Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung courses the cost is £350. If you wanted to take Shaolin Kung Fu and 1 Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung course the total cost would be £629.

1 Shaolin Kung Fu £500

1 Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung Course £199
    2 Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung Courses £350 (you save £48)
    3 Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung Courses £500 (you save £97)
    4 Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung Courses £636 (you save £160)
    5 Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung Courses £750 (you save £245)

1 scck + Shaolin Kung Fu £629 (you save £70)
    2 scck + Shaolin Kung Fu £763 (you save £135)
    3 scck + Shaolin Kung Fu £877 (you save £220)
    4 scck + Shaolin Kung Fu £972 (you save £324)
    5 scck + Shaolin Kung Fu £1046 (you save £449!)

Cross Roads at Four Gates Special course - £300 Shaolin Wahnam Students, £600 Everyone else.
    NOTE: Due to this being the first time this course has ever been taught by Sifu it is exempt from any discount. There is no discount offered on this course.

Scck = Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung course

NOTE: There is a significant discount available for Shaolin Wahnam Students. Please see post below dated 11th February 2008 to see if you qualify.

Places on each course will be limited. There is a £100 deposit per person at booking, refundable without penalty until 15th June 2008 (30 days before the course). Cancellation after that time will forfeit the deposit. Please e-mail me at marcus.santer@shaolinwahnam.co.uk to express your interest and recieve further details.

VENUE
    Sussex Sport Centre on the 'University of Sussex' (Falmer site) campus. There homepage is http://www.sussex.ac.uk/

Accommodation
    See post below.

Maps of the campus

There is parking at the 'Sports Centre' though it is pay and display, similar to Canterbury.

If you have any further questions or wish to book a place please contact me marcus.santer@shaolinwahnam.co.uk I look forward to meeting you there in July!

Kind regards

Marcus
    Namo Amitabha Buddha Namo Amitabha Buddha Namo Amitabha Buddha
    Last edited by Marcus; 12 March 2008, 08:27 AM. Reason: updates

Accommodation

I am now able to provide you with information that will help you to secure suitable accommodation for Summer Camp 2008.

Here are some weblinks to the University of Sussex that will be useful:

For on campus accommodation please use the following details. I have been reliably informed that even though their website says they are fully booked until September 2008, this is incorrect. Also let them know you are attending a event taking place in the Sports Centre on the Falmer site.
    >
    > Please call the Housing Office on: +44 (0)1273 678884 to make a booking..
    >
    > For a list of university approved hotels and guest houses visit this link: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/about/hotels

Kind regards
    Marcus
    Last edited by Marcus; 23 June 2008, 01:04 PM. Reason: updated information

Comment

Wahnam Taijiquan at the 2008 Summer Camp!

Hi all.

It gives me great pleasure to announce there will be Taijiquan at the 2008 Summer camp

The course will be taught by myself, here are the details.

Delving into the 'Yellow bee sucks pollen' form of Wahnam Taijiquan for health, vitality combat efficiency and Spiritual cultivation.

This form (created by Sifu Wong) is incredibly concise and compact, containing all the four main categories of attack, namely striking, kicking, felling and gripping. It also incorporates many fantastic Tactics for combat (and life) associated with traditional Taijiquan like 'retreat to advance' and 'using softness to overcome hardness' and 'continuous canon's' . These skills will be covered in Combat sequences which are derived from the form.

The course will cover entering the Tao, Stance training, moving in stances, pushing and striking hands, the ‘Yellow bee sucks pollen’ form and combat sequences.

Participants of the course can expect to achieve a ‘Chi-kung’ state of mind, to perform a Taijiquan set with force, grace, and fluidity, and to deepen their skills of Taijiquan combat considerably.

Previous training in Taijiquan is a must, as the training will be fairly intense. But the great news is that you can find the form and combat sequences on Sifu's site, so you can be well prepared for the course. If you do not have prior training it may be possible to arrange a 'Basics of Wahnam Taijiquan' course with Sifu Robin Gamble prior to the Summer camp.

The course will consist of three days of training from 16-18th of July from 9am to 12 noon and 3-6pm and will be held in the ‘Dojo’ at the Sussexsport, Sports centre at the University of Sussex, Falmer. The cost is 300 pounds per person.

All the best

Robin
      "The Power of Tai Chi Chuan. com"

Comment

Hello everyone,

In response to requests from people who have made bookings, please note I have now added full descriptions for the Massaging Internal Organs and Shaolin Internal Force courses above in post 1 of this thread.

Here also are prices for those who wish to take Taijiquan with Sifu Robin Gamble and Shaolin Chi Kung courses with Grandmaster Wong:

1 scck + Wahnam Taijiquan £499
        2 scck + Wahnam Taijiquan £650
        3 scck + Wahnam Taijiquan £800
        4 scck + Wahnam Taijiquan £936
        5 scck + Wahnam Taijiquan £1050

Scck = Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung course

Remember if you have any questions about booking or courses, please contact me, if you have any questions about accommodation please contact Sifu Robin Gamble.

I look forward to meeting you in July.

Kind regards
        Marcus

Comment

Student Loyalty Discounts

In order to make Summer Camp 2008 as accessible to Shaolin Wahnam students as possible, there is a 20% discount available (does not apply to Taijiquan courses with Sifu Robin Gamble) if you meet any of the following criteria

Qualification for the discount:

- Currently taking regular classes with a Shaolin Wahnam Instructor
          OR
          - Has attended an intensive course with Sifu in Malaysia in the last 3 years
          OR
          - Has taken a course (complete) with any Shaolin Wahnam Instructor (including Sifu, of course) in the last 2 years
          OR
          -Have attended UK Summer Camp 2006 or 2007

If you qualify please let me know the details of the course you attended so I can confirm with the appropriate organiser and then apply the discount to your booking. The 20% discount is applied to the charges listed above in the first post.

Kind regards
          Marcus

Comment

Hello everyone,

As most of you on the forum will have noticed Sifu will be visiting Ireland about 2 weeks before the UK Summer Camp to teach 3 days of Shaolin Kung Fu and 3 days of Wahnam Taijiquan.

Now ideally, you'd want to take the Ireland courses and UK Summer Camp courses. But for those of you who have to make a decision the next paragraph will help.

The Ireland courses with Sifu are preparatory in that they are meant for complete beginners or those with little experience. The Summer Camp courses are for those of you who have more experience, either with Shaolin Wahnam or your own school.

So if you're brand new to Shaolin Kung Fu or Wahnam Taijiquan then Ireland represents the better chance for you to learn.

If you've trained with us before or have a lot of previous experience then Summer Camp will build upon what you already know and develop your skills and techniques further.

If you are still not sure, feel free to contact me or Sifu Robin Gamble and we'll do our best to guide you.

Kind regards
            Marcus
            Last edited by Marcus; 6 March 2008, 12:23 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Special Announcement

Hello everyone,

I just received news 30 minutes ago from Sifu that he wants to teach a special Cross Roads at Four Gates course at Summer Camp 2008. Please see the first post for complete details as I have them. I will update the prices in the next few days.

I can't get the grin off my face! I've only scratched the surface of this set and it is phenomenal! It's the first time ever that Sifu has offered this course, don't miss it!

Kind regards
              Marcus

Comment

Cross Roads prices posted

Goodmorning everybody,

I just wanted to let you know that the prices for the Cross Roads at Four Gates special course with Sifu have now been added to the first post in this thread. These prices are exempt from any discount due to the very unique-ness of the material taught. It is the first time Sifu has ever taught this set publicly anywhere in the world. It is an exclusive and as such no further discount is offered. So if you wanted to take chi kung courses and the Cross Roads course, and you qualify for a discount, work out the discounted price for your chi kung courses and add the £300 for the Cross Roads set.

E.g. You want to take Sinew Metamorphosis, Shaolin Internal Force and Cross Roads at Four Gates = £350 + £300 = £650.

Remember, to qualify for the discount on other courses you must meet at least 1 of the points in post number 5 of this thread. Any questions please contact me.

See you in July

Kind regards
                Marcus

Comment

Important Accommodation Announcement

Dear all,

I have an important announcement to make (and big thank you to Izi for letting me know).

On Campus accommodation at the University of Sussex is NOT booked out until September as it says on their website.

Izi made certain they are aware of this fault and they will hopefully be updating the site soon.

So if you'd like to stay on campus during Summer Camp, contact them on:

Vicky Bowles, East Slope, tel 01273 678 236 v.bowles@sussex.ac.uk

And remember if you need any help with your accommodation planning please contact Sifu Robin Gamble.

Kindest regards

Marcus
                  Last edited by Marcus; 7 July 2008, 10:16 AM. Reason: updates

Comment

Venue

Hello everyone,

I've had a number of people asking for the address of the sports centre. So for the rest of you here it is:

Sport Centre
                    University of Sussex
                    Falmer
                    Brighton
                    East Sussex
                    BN1 9RB

Tel: 01273 678228

You can find a really useful location map of the centre here: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/sport/1-5-1.html

Other news:

Due to Sifu Robin Gamble securing a wonderful new job he is unable to deal with accommodation inquiries. So if you need help with accommodation please feel free to send me an e-mail.

See you all very soon

Kind regards

Marcus

Comment

Course Times

Hello everyone,

I've had a number of inquires about course start times, so here they are:

Here is the time table for Summer Camp 2008:

15th July to 18th July – Shaolin Kung Fu 9am – 12pm and 3pm – 6pm
                      19th July – Generating Energy Flow 9am – 12pm and 3pm – 6pm
                      20th July – Massaging Internal Organs 9am-12pm and 3pm – 5pm*
                      21st July – Cosmic Shower 9am-12pm and 3pm – 5pm*
                      22nd July – Sinew Metamorphosis 9am-12pm and 3pm – 5pm*
                      23rd July – Shaolin Internal Force 9am-12pm and 3pm-5pm*
                      24th July and 25th July – Cross Roads at the Four Gates 9am-12pm and 3pm-6pm

*These courses may end quicker than advertised depending on how quickly students pick up the material Sifu is teaching. I remember at last years Summer Camp, Sifu asked the following question: “how many hours are there in a day?” Everyone looked at each other, wondering if such an obvious question was going to turn into a trick question. Eventually someone answered: “24”, to which Sifu replied: “correct, well now you have 25!” and the course finished an hour earlier due to all of the material been covered.

Any further questions, you know where I am

See you all very soon.

Marcus

Comment

Good morning everyone,

Wow! Not long now

I had a call this morning from the housing office of the University of Susses. The told me that Vikey Bowles is the lady dealing with all of our accommodation inquiries.

So anything to do with your accommodation at the University please contact her only: v.bowles@sussex.ac.uk or 01273 678 236

I look forward to meeting and practising with you all very soon.

Kindest regards

Marcus

Comment

Mega Style!

Hi all,
                          Amazing news! strictly limited stock of ultra fashionable Shaolin Wahnam Polo-Shirt.

These pupies will be on sale at the summer camp but we haven't got many left now. They are £15.00 each.

If you want to have one for the summer camp please PM myself or Simon Brooks.
                          "The Power of Tai Chi Chuan. com"

Comment

get one

Greetings from Melbourne!

Just to add that if Robin says a shirt is ultra fashionable, you NEED to get one, now!!! (Still love that shirt I got in Penang last visit, Robin)

Have a great Summer Camp, everybody
                            Jeffrey Segal

Comment

I still cannot forget one of Robin's wonderful suit (from a Thai taylor, if I remember correctly).

His Tai Chi Chuan's fashion skills will become legendary :-)

Maxime Citerne, Chinese Medicine, Qigong Healing & Internal Arts

Frankfurt - Paris - Alsace

France: www.institut-anicca.com

Germany: www.anicca-institute.com

Comment

Working...
                              X