Master Lu Zijian - Lengends are not only of the past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master Lu Zijian - Lengends are not only of the past

Recently in another thread, about kung fu clips, this link appeared: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr5vQm_i09I
    It is of Taoist/Bagua Master Lu Zijian from China performing his bagua kung fu some twenty years ago at what seems to be a competition. He also demonstrates a double broadswords form, both quite flawlessly I might add. He was 93 at the time. What impressed me most tho, was after his demonstration, and following bowing towards his audience, he jogs out of the competition arena, rather then the slow walk you'd expect of a 93 year old just having waved 2 swords about. The comments on the video stated he was still alive and well today, and after some good ole googlin' I found among some other rather short bits this artickle about him:

A 115 year old and (hyper)active taoist/kungfu master you say? Most would dismiss this as a old Shaw brothers fantasy, or wuxia nonsense, but yet again it shows that reality always beat what you fantasize.

So if anyone have doubts of the "claims" that kungfu and qigong are good for you, travel to China and ask him politely to armwrestle you, you might regret it

If someone has more info about Master Lu It would be much appreciated, I enjoy reading up about people like this, its very inspiring.
    When one door closes, another one opens.

Thanks for linking to the fascinating article, its always good to read about genuine internal Masters around the world.

All the best

Comment

"It's always very inspiring and rare this day to find a genuine masters.
      But to find a genuine,generous,polite master are more more more hard to find this day,once the student are ready the master will appear...
      sigpic
      "Be patient Always,May the good chi be with you"
      www.shaolinwahnamsabah.com
      http://www.grandmasterwong.com

Comment

Another article of this extraordinary man. I had no idea he was 3rd generation directly from the founder of baguazhang!

Well he is 115 years, but still..

This seems to be a somewhat word by word translation from Chinese, so the wording is not 100% gramatically correct english, but makes fine sense still. Apparently this is a shorter version of the full article that you get when you join the site, I can look into this later when off work.

There is also some nice pictures, I especially enjoyed the one of the Wudang gate.

Comment

Oh wow I had heard about the rings before...it's pretty amazing.
          "Om"

I pay homage to all the great masters of the past and the present

Comment

I have recently received a DVD with Lu Zijian on it, where he demonstrates a form called Tai Yi Huo Long Zhang, or Great Intent Fire Dragon Palms. I am not sure what the exact lineage of this form is, it's simply described as a "Bagua Men" (ie. belonging to the general grouping of Baguazhang) form, and having connections to northern Daoist lineages of Long Men/Dragon Gate sect. I suspect Lu Zijian may have created it himself, mixing concepts from the qigong methods he learned with Bagua techniques. It has no circle walking (although this is not rare in Bagua styles).

He was around his mid-90's when he recorded this demo, and he could do some pretty amazing things at that age! He executes a lot of techniques with obviously powerful faking, keeps relatively low stance throughout the form, and exhibits remarkable flexibility (and strength) in his back and spine!

He also apparently still smokes a pack of cigarettes a day, at the age of 116!

I am flabbergasted...

Comment

Turns out that Master Lu was also a friend of the now legendary Master Hou Yuanjia, and also bodyguard to general Chiang Kai-shek at one time. Someone should kindly ask if he intends to publish his memoairs, I bet it would be inspiring as well as entertaining!

Comment

Working...
              X