No announcement yet.

The Gratitude Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your post, Martin. Lately I've been borrowing Sifu's morning time saying, "Ahhhh another beautiful day!" for when I wake up and start my day (see the story in Sifu Marcus' travel blog). I like your's as well.

Maybe I'll start saying, "Ahhhh another beautiful day in paradise!"

Ryan
    I'm floating down a river
    Oars freed from their holes long ago
    Lying face up on the floor of my vessel
    I marvel at the stars
    And feel my heart overflow

Comment

Ahhh another beautiful day in paradise.
      Thank you God :-)
      "Take a moment to feel how wonderful it feels just to be alive."
      - Sifu

Comment

Thank you Joan Siguma and Erica Sije for your kind words.

Comment

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family and Friends,

Thank you to everybody who has contributed so far. When reading back on all of the beautiful posts, it is difficult not to Smile

Today I am deeply grateful for peace of mind!

Smile from the Heart,
          Joan
          Books don't mean a lot unless you open them, Hearts are the same.......

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
          GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
          ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN
          THE INCREDIBLE 3 DAY INTENSIVE ZEN COURSE .

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks Ryan Sihing for your kind words above. I did not notice your post when I made mine above .

Comment

Originally posted by Joan View Post
              Today I am deeply grateful for peace of mind!
              I once read that peace of mind is a sign of bad memory! (I read a joke.)

Comment

LoL, I am also grateful for a sense of humour

Smile from the Heart,
                Joan

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
                GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
                ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Two weekends ago while I was in NY for the course with Sifu I met up with some friends from back home in Ecuador. One of them told me that I'm a prude because I don't drink, smoke or do drugs.

So, I'm grateful that I've learned to let other's comments slide by, and for the fact that I am able to thoroughly enjoy life through pure consciousness, ya dig?

Drew
                  Love, and do what you will.

- St. Augustine

Comment

Today I am so grateful to be alive. To breathe and smile and bring joy and laughter into the lives' of others. May I continue to bring happiness and bliss to others, may I be all that they need placed freely at their disposal.
                    "Om"

I pay homage to all the great masters of the past and the present

Comment

Today I am grateful for being at home and all alone. What a pleasure!

Thank you Sijie Joan for this thread and good luck with the 'Sisters courses'!
                      Enjoy your journeys,
                      Racheli Wittert-Ashur

"There is a crack, a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in." Leonard Cohen

Comment

-

Today i am grateful for this beautifully magical experience called living.

"If a man is called to be a streetsweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven played music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great streetsweeper who did his job well."/Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by seenordrew View Post
                          So, I'm grateful that I've learned to let other's comments slide by, and for the fact that I am able to thoroughly enjoy life through pure consciousness, ya dig?
                          Nice one Drew.

Comment

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family and Friends,

Today I am grateful for wonderful sisters both my own Family and my Shaolin Wahnam Family Thank you!

Best wishes,
                            Joan

GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
                            ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Greetings everyone,

Today I'm grateful for being able to take a nice hot shower/bath whenever I want to.

When she was a child, my grandmother on my mother's side had to take water heated on the stove to the bathtub in order to take a hot bath.

I'd heard that story a few times when I was younger, but just today I imagined how long it would actually take to get a decent bath going at that rate.

And I became even more grateful for indoor heated plumbing.

Smiling,
                              Erica

Comment

I know exactly what you mean Erica Sije. We had a boiler problem for one day a few weeks ago which meant no hot water or central heating. It does make you very grateful for hot water when you want and waking up in a warm house.

Today I am so grateful for nice warm cups of tea. The mornings in London is getting dark and cold now which makes waking up for morning practice more challenging. My body tells me to stay under the warm blanket a little longer and miss some part of my practice as its cold and dark outside, my heart and mind tells me not to miss these parts of my training, but as always the thought of a nice warm cup of tea during my training (no, not whilst in Golden bridge, but after ie some combat sequences or a weapon set ) always sways the decision without fail .

Comment

Working...
                                X