No announcement yet.

The Gratitude Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am thankful for being part of a family that cares so genuinely about my health and progress!

Drew
    Love, and do what you will.

- St. Augustine

Comment

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family and Friends,

Today I am grateful to be able to walk, run, jump and play and to see the joy in each new day.

Smile from the Heart,
      Joan
      Books don't mean a lot unless you open them, Hearts are the same.......

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
      GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
      ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN
      THE INCREDIBLE 3 DAY INTENSIVE ZEN COURSE .

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

-

Hi,

Today i am grateful for me keeping on my daily training despite bumps on the way.

"If a man is called to be a streetsweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven played music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great streetsweeper who did his job well."/Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I am grateful for persevering when things felt very black
          Profile at Capio Nightingale Hospital London Click here
          Chi Kung & Tai Chi Chuan in the UK Fully Alive
          Fully Alive on Facebook Fully Alive
          UK Summer Camp 2017 Click here for details
          sigpic

Comment

PB and J

I'm grateful to be able to buy peanut butter!

(For two years in Kagoshima, Japan, I couldn't find any peanut butter)

Gratefully eating a peanut butter jelly sandwich,
            Erica

Comment

Gratefully eating a peanut butter jelly sandwich,
              Making me feel very hungry

Comment

Today I'm grateful for...

--> Having loving parents who have always supported me

--> The friends that have always stayed by my side

--> Being an entrepreneur

--> Living in a relatively peaceful society

--> Having a roof over my head and food to put in my belly

--> My friend that always cooks delicious things for me

--> The internet and all the wonderful information and connectivity it brings to my life (like this forum)

--> Having a tool like chi kung to overcome my physical, mental, and spiritual blockages... in a way that feels so good

--> My Shaolin Wahnam family around the world, and my Sifu for bringing us all together

Ryan
                I'm floating down a river
                Oars freed from their holes long ago
                Lying face up on the floor of my vessel
                I marvel at the stars
                And feel my heart overflow

Comment

Today I'm grateful for...

I'm grateful for electric blankets, keeping me nice and cozy on chilly nights.

Smiling,
                  Erica

Comment

I have had a wonderful day in my garden getting everything ready for winter and planting some beautiful shrubs for spring. I am deeply grateful for flowers and colour and to have the eyes to see it.

Smile from the Heart
                    Joan

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
                    GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
                    ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Dear Shaolin family and friends,

Today, I am grateful for my body and how it always tells me the truth of what is best for me in any given situation.

I am also grateful for my family and friends, who always show me "where" I am in my Shaolin training.

I am grateful for Sifu, who "walks his talk" and is a clear example to us all of what benefits we can receive from practicing the Shaolin arts.

Joy and freedom,

Emiko
                      Emiko Hsuen
                      www.shaolinwahnam.jp
                      www.shaolinwahnam.ca

INTENSIVE & SPECIAL COURSES -- PENANG 2018
                      Taught by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit
                      4th generation successor of the Southern Shaolin Monastery
                      Small and Big Universe Course: Nov 21 to 25
                      Becoming a Shaolin Wahnam Kungfu Practitioner: Nov 26 to Dec 2
                      Cultivating Spirit Nourishing Energy: Dec 2 to Dec 8
                      Intensive Chi Kung Course: Dec 9 to Dec 13
                      To apply, send email to: secretary@shaolin.org

Comment

-

Today am I grateful for always having a choice.
                        Last edited by 8nsteen8; 14 October 2007, 05:53 AM.

"If a man is called to be a streetsweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven played music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great streetsweeper who did his job well."/Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Today I am very grateful for my phone, where I can connect so easily and quickly with my wonderful friends

I am also grateful for the wonderful Indian Summer we are experiencing here in Ireland. How wonderful, more gardening

I am also grateful to be practising an Art that helps me make each day a success.

Smile from the Heart,
                          Joan

GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
                          ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Over the weekend I was taking my kids food shopping and while walking to the supermarket I spotted a chap similar age to me in a poor state on the floor begging for money. I walked pass him to a bakery a couple of shops away and got him a couple of drinks, a hot steak and kidney pie and a vegetarian baguet (just in case he was a vegetarian ). I gave the chap his food and a smile and in my mind wished him well. I did not care to think too much about how and why he got in the position he is in but felt it could really happen to any of us and so was very grateful for my position and sad for his and many like him.

As I walked away I thought about one of the story my mum had told me in the past of when she (5 feet tall woman) had to spend a few years pulling carts full of bricks for construction sites in the baking sun in Vietnam for a living to get food for us as there was no other work around. I also had a brief thought of all the many disabled people in the world. My thought then turned back to my own position and that of many around me and felt we really are very lucky and blessed that it is another day in paradise for most of us.

Comment

Thank you Martin for sharing that wonderful heartwarming story.

we really are very lucky and blessed that it is another day in paradise for most of us.
                              Very true!

Today I am grateful for the continuous help of Guan Yin.

Namo Guan Yin Shi Pu Sa.

Smile from the Heart,
                              Joan

GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
                              ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Greetings everyone,

Martin, thank you for the story of your mother. It's good to be reminded of the blessings that we often forget.

Today I am grateful to have a wonderful little bread bakery near my house, and I'm thankful for all the creativity and care that the baker puts into making the bread.

I'm also grateful for the store clerk who always makes a little friendly conversation with me.

Smiling,
                                Erica

Comment

Working...
                                X