X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today I'm grateful for...

Greetings everyone!

Originally posted by nickyj View Post
    [I'm grateful for] Being able to swim and enjoy the feeling of moving through water
    Thank you Nick for reminding me of that! I also love that feeling.

Sisook Andrew, thank you for reminding us to always keep our eyes out for the good when something appears to have "gone wrong".

I am grateful to know many small chi kung masters. I learn a lot about chi kung from watching the little masters practice in my preschool classes. But it can be a bit difficult to teach when they go into free flow approximately every 45 seconds!

Smiling,
    Erica

Comment

And now, I am very grateful that it is a Friday and just a couple of minutes away from five o'clock (hometime) Yeah! but of course, you fellows in America will have to work for several more hours yet .

Best wishes

Comment

I am grateful for:

A beautiful sunny day today
        Having choices
        Breathing out ... and breathing in again
        Not getting caught up in things when I don't want to
        The possibility of having my daughter drum in a band with me
        Singing loudly in my car on the way home from work
        Feeling a song in my body when I sing
        Those moments when I don't have anything to worry about
        Seeing and experiencing the value of practice
        Having met Sifu
        Having the capacity to be with beings who are suffering

I just got this in an email

As a mother watches over her child, willing to risk her own life to protect her only child, so with a boundless heart should one cherish all living beings, suffusing the whole world with unobstructed loving kindness.

-Metta Sutta
        I am grateful this means something to me now and is something I feel able to practice - using the principles of "thinking globally, acting locally", perseverance and gradual progress. (Thank you Jonny )

With metta,

Barry
        Profile at Capio Nightingale Hospital London Click here
        Chi Kung & Tai Chi Chuan in the UK Fully Alive
        Fully Alive on Facebook Fully Alive
        UK Summer Camp 2017 Click here for details
        sigpic

Comment

Hi Everybody,

Wow, I am so glad that I started this thread now

All of your posts are wonderfully inspiring and profound. There is just so much to be grateful for. Thank you

I also like the following quote:

"The Grateful mind is constantly fixed on the Best, therefore it tends to become the best; it takes the form or character of the best, and will receive the best" Wallace Wattles.

Today, I am even more grateful for my inspiring and generous Sifu and the Shaolin Wahnam Family worldwide.

For those of you who worry a lot, it is good to remember:

Worry is like a rocking horse.....it keeps on going and gets you nowhere

Smile from the Heart,
          Joan.
          Books don't mean a lot unless you open them, Hearts are the same.......

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
          GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
          ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN
          THE INCREDIBLE 3 DAY INTENSIVE ZEN COURSE .

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

I am immensely appreciative of Sifu, our wonderful teachings, and also all of Shaolin Wahnam.

All the Best,
            Alex
            "Take a moment to feel how wonderful it feels just to be alive."
            - Sifu

Comment

Today I'm grateful for...

Hello everyone,

I'm so grateful to live in a place with beautiful mountains, beaches, rivers, parks, and mini golf.

Smiling,
              Erica

Comment

-

I am grateful for my parents

"If a man is called to be a streetsweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven played music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great streetsweeper who did his job well."/Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family and Friends,

I am grateful for all the experiences- both good and not so good- that have brought me to this point in my life right now

Have a wonderful day!

Smile from the Heart,
                  Joan

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
                  GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
                  ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

I am grateful for the wondeful help and support I have received here from my Shaolin Wahnam Germany family when I moved to Frankfurt .

I have been/am treated like son and brother.

A special bow to my Shaolin tutor here, my Great Uncle Kai, who is nothing but caring everyday for my development.

And a Shaolin Salute to All my Brothers and Sisters in Germany and around the world. A special mention to my sister Irina (Squirrel on the forum) who has spent so much time helping me to find a place to live and feel like home.

I am grateful for being part of such a beautiful international family.

Bowing to All,

Maxime Citerne, Chinese Medicine, Qigong Healing & Internal Arts

Frankfurt - Paris - Alsace

France: www.institut-anicca.com

Germany: www.anicca-institute.com

Comment

I am grateful for my beautiful family.

I am grateful for the love and support of my friends and spiritual community

I am grateful for all the priceless arts that have been offered to me. May the seeds planted sprout into the peace and power for all living beings

I am grateful for my Sifus and the masters of the past

I am grateful for the crisp air and the beautiful moments that bring more beautiful moments

(*I invite everyone to try this, it's a great thing to do!)

Ray
                      "Om"

I pay homage to all the great masters of the past and the present

Comment

I'm grateful to live in an age of incredible information access, without which I wouldn't have been able to connect with Sifu's teachings.

I'm grateful to have found, out of the incredible variety of qigong practices, one that has such power and efficiency.

I'm also thankful to have the opportunity to pursue higher education, and the wisdom to recognize this privilege.

I'm also thankful for the incredible hard work and sacrifice of my parents, who have made this much possible.

Comment

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family and Friends,

Today, I am grateful for my wonderful Mom, who is always there for me and a great support when I need it.

Have you told your Mom that you love her lately?

Please feel free to come back and write on this thread whenever you wish. The more you are grateful for, the bigger the list becomes!

Smile from the Heart,
                          Joan

GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
                          ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Today, once again I am gratefull for the Shaolin arts Sigung teaches us. Saturday was my nephews wedding which is a very long day. Early start, late finish. I am grateful for the energy I have from my practice to enable me to feel relaxed, happy and to enjoy the whole day.

By late afternoon it was time to head to the restaurant. We got there pretty early and the kids was sleeping in the car so we decided to allow them to sleep for another half an hour. My wife decided to sit in the car trying to find a comfortable position to relax and rest. I didn't feel too tired but did not want to miss my evening practice so I got out of the car, found a quite spot and did some standing meditation and one finger shooting zen. 25 mins later - voala, I feel completely refreshed and recharged to enjoy the rest of the evening.

Comment

What a wonderful thread indeed.

I am grateful for my loving family and friends.
                              I am grateful for the kindness of Sigung and my wonderful Shaolin Wahnam family.
                              I am grateful for these wonderful Shaolin Arts that I enjoy everday.
                              I am grateful for the ways they open my heart and expand my spirit so that life is more enjoyable.
                              And I am grateful for the blessings of being born in such a wonderful life.

It will be lovely to update this thread from time to time and also to hear what wonderful things people are grateful for.

Love to all

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
                                which allowed us to witness a most spectacular sunset (one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen) we would otherwise have missed.

EDIT: And of course I am so grateful to almost all of the other passengers on this flight who reminded me how lucky I am to be able to remain relaxed in stressful situations and to be able to enjoy the splendour of the sunset (almost noone else even seemed to notice ).
                                Now there's a lesson to be learned!

I travel a lot and I used to get very angry when things like this happened. One day I had a moment of clarity when I actually saw what other people look like when they behaved in this way and realised that I must look like that too.

Since that day I've always tried to remain stress free in times of travel crisis. Besides if you're lucky you might be delayed a day and get a free hotel room or see a wonderful sunset :-)

Back to the thread...I'm grateful that I'm able to contact my Sifu so quickly to get advice on my training. Many people I meet have no Sifu near them.

Eddie

Comment

Working...
                                X