Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gratitude Thread

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family and Forum readers,

During the past few years while teaching, I have been emphasing 'gratitude' in my classes. It has amazed me that new students have struggled with finding ten things in their life to be grateful for, some believe that it has to be something very big or expensive, which is not the case.

Last night, one student mentioned after the gratitude session, that she felt so much gratitude for all of the wonderful things in her life that when we sent blessings afterwards, she felt that she had more than enough to be able to send a blessing to somebody she has not been getting along with for some time. I think this was a wonderful experience and breakthrough.

She also felt so much at peace afterwards

So if any of you would like to mention in this thread, what you are grateful for........even the tiniest thing!............it may help others to realise what they have in their life to be grateful for also.

Today, I am so grateful for my eyesight, we have just had the most beautiful sunrise

Smile from the Heart,
    Joan
    Books don't mean a lot unless you open them, Hearts are the same.......

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
    GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
    ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN
    THE INCREDIBLE 3 DAY INTENSIVE ZEN COURSE .

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Dear Siguma,

What a wonderful thread!! As soon as I read your post I felt a wave of gratefulness wash over me and knew immediately I had to reply!

I am grateful for so so many things, but I will try to stick to ten...

These arts, which are an opportunity to live a worthwhile life,
    My wife and her love,
    My Parents and their love,
    All The wonderful people in this wonderful family!
    My ability to take joy in cooking and eating!
    Being able to swim and enjoy the feeling of moving through water
    The smell of Autumn... and winter and spring and summer,
    The ability to love others,
    Being able to laugh and cry,
    Being healthy , growing healthier.

Thank you Siguma for providing me with the opportunity to share this!!

Smile from the Heart Indeed!
    Nick

Comment

Dear Sifu Joan,

Thank you for this thread. I have never list down ten things that I am grateful for before but I'll try to do it from the heart without too much thought and not in any order of importance but just what comes to me which are:

1) My wife and childrens
      2) Their health and happiness
      3) The smile on their faces
      4) Shaolin Wahnam
      5) Sigung for his endevour to spread the shaolin arts to all irrespective of race, colour or religion.
      6) The lovely food I get every evening from my wife after ride my bike home from work.
      7) My health and happiness
      8) The Health and prosperity of my biological brothers and sisters
      9) being born in Vietnam, experiencing certain things before moving to London.
      10) The stories my parents tell me of what life was like for them from when they were toddlers untill when they left Vietnam.

Ahh, that wasn't too dificult .

Warm regards

Martin

Comment

Can I just add one more in, my 13 year old car which has served me without fault. A friend of mine a few month ago asked if my car did chi kung too as it was in such good health

Comment

Gratitude

Hello Shaolin Wahnam Family and Guests,

What a wonderful thread! Thank you so much Sifu Joan for getting this started.

I am grateful to have found Shaolin Wahnam, and through it I am grateful to be able to learn a way of living far more exciting, healthy, and meaningful than before.

I am grateful to the wonderful people and forces at work that brought me to Shaolin Wahnam.

I am grateful to myself for deciding to fly to Tokyo to study chi kung, even though it seemed very strange to me at the time.

I am grateful to myself for continuing my training even when I was very sick and was afraid that I could be getting worse.

I am grateful that I am now healthy!

Smiling,
          Erica

Comment

-
            I am grateful for being alive.

Joko
            开心 好运气
            kai xin... .......hao yunqi... - Sifu's speech, April 2005
            open heart... good chi flow... good luck ...
            ------------------------------------------------------------
            Have we not opened up thy heart ...? (The Reading, 94:1)
            ------------------------------------------------------------
            Be joyful, ..and share your joy with others -(Anand Krishna)

Comment

Im grateful for music
              from the ♥

Comment

I'm grateful for the people who love and trust me.
                Enjoy your journeys,
                Racheli Wittert-Ashur

"There is a crack, a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in." Leonard Cohen

Comment

I am grateful for...

1. My wise and generous parents
                  2. My wonderful wife and children
                  3. My lucrative and interesting job
                  4. Kungfu from Sifu and its many joys and benefits
                  5. My comfortable home and wholesome food
                  6. Music (as I type this I'm enjoying Vin Garbutt's "Bypass Syndrome")
                  7. Living in a country that allows me to live my life without threat
                  8. This thread. Thank you Sije for this and for all your kindness.
                  9. The kindness of all those who have helped me
                  10. The internet, which has brought me so many good things.

Not necessarily in order of importance.

Regards,
                  Chris.

Comment

This morning I am gratefull:

1) For the glorious fresh sunny autum weather in London which makes my more practice and bike ride to work even more enjoyable.

2) I am gratefull for not getting knocked off my bike by a lady who swung her car door open without looking as I rode pass her car .. then I thanked god for the blessing.

3) I am gratefull that my wife is able to take this weekend off work to go to my nephews wedding.

4) I am gratefull for the opportunity to devour 15 course meal at the wedding - Yummy .

5) I am gratefull for picking up some half price floor tiles yesterday

6) But I am not very gratefull for the horrible coffee I am drinking from our company's drink machine:

Comment

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family and Friends,

Thank you all for joining in, I have had a great time reading all of your posts, as I am sure have others.

We can probably make this a daily routine!

On Thursday's I travel a four hour train journey to Dublin to teach. I look on it as an adventure and enjoy all of the experiences along the way. In the beginning I felt a little like Crocodile Dundee, although Dublin is far from NY as I live the rest of the week in a very rural setting!

This week the lady whose B/B I stay in, was on holidays with her husband but very kindly and trustingly she left me a key so that I would have a wonderful comfortable bed for the night. I am very grateful to Pauline.

I am also grateful for the wonderful dedicated students that I have in Dublin. One lady, in her early sixties, fell during the week and crushed a bone in her wrist and damaged a bone in her leg............but guess what? She was first into class last night......casts and all .......and was determined not to let her injuries get in the way of her practice. She said that she was very grateful that she actually fell near home and could be attended to so quickly and knows that her Chi Kung practice will help her heal more quickly.

I am also very grateful to be home to have a great cup of tea (well more like a pot of it really!!!), from my own well water Maybe I can export some to Martin's coffee machine

So what are you grateful for today?

Smile from the Heart,
                      Joan
                      Books don't mean a lot unless you open them, Hearts are the same.......

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
                      GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
                      ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN
                      THE INCREDIBLE 3 DAY INTENSIVE ZEN COURSE .

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

What a wonderful idea for a thread .. that's something to be grateful for too .... being given the opportunity to participate in improving our own lives and the lives of others. Thanks Joan

What's there not to be grateful for .... for everything that was and is, makes who and what we are. So keep those lists coming.
                        Sifu Andrew Barnett
                        Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
                        Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
                        Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

I am grateful to the aircraft engineers at Dusseldorf airport last night who detected that our planned aircraft for our journey back to Zurich was defective and also to the cockpit and cabin crew of the replacement machine whose schedules had to be changed to get us home. Not only did they ensure we had a safe flight, it also gave us a delay of 1 hour .....

which allowed us to witness a most spectacular sunset (one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen) we would otherwise have missed.

EDIT: And of course I am so grateful to almost all of the other passengers on this flight who reminded me how lucky I am to be able to remain relaxed in stressful situations and to be able to enjoy the splendour of the sunset (almost noone else even seemed to notice ).
                          Last edited by Andrew; 5 October 2007, 10:52 AM.
                          Sifu Andrew Barnett
                          Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
                          Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
                          Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

I am also grateful for the wonderful dedicated students that I have in Dublin. One lady, in her early sixties, fell during the week and crushed a bone in her wrist and damaged a bone in her leg............but guess what? She was first into class last night......casts and all .......and was determined not to let her injuries get in the way of her practice. She said that she was very grateful that she actually fell near home and could be attended to so quickly and knows that her Chi Kung practice will help her heal more quickly.
                            Wow, what inspiring attitude.

Comment

Good thread!

I'm grateful to have found out that being grateful makes my life better - that being grateful makes me feel more joyful - and gives me more to feel grateful about!

There's so much I'm grateful for. I'm increasingly grateful for my parents, for example.

I'm grateful I live somewhere where I can go out on a beautiful walk straight from my front door.

I'm grateful I love my wife (and that she loves me too).

I'm also grateful that I'm having chips for lunch (that's fries, for you Americans).

That'll do for now!

piers

PS Joko, I love your post.

Comment

Working...
                              X