What the?? Is that real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the?? Is that real?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I recently found this youtube video which depicts some very impressive demonstrations from Dr. Young.

The first parts are pretty familiar most likely. But what is that at the last parts??? He isnt even touching them!!

Is he doing it for real or is he a charlatan? I searched in Sifu's Wong Kiewt's books in case he was mentioned in but I didnt find anything and couldnt find anything in the internet either.

Although I believe it is possible by someone who reaches high levels of consiousness I am not sure if what I am seeing is done for real in that video.

Has anyone had a personal experience of such a technique or know anything about the person in that video?
    Sifu Wong Kiewt did mention some extreme feats thanks to Chi Kung but he didnt mention anything about people using it in such a way
    Last edited by Zenon; 9 December 2006, 01:09 AM.

Wait I found his site

he could be real. There are videos too and narration. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Zenon View Post
      I recently found this youtube video which depicts some very impressive demonstrations from Dr. Young.
      Very interesting indeed. If this is genuine then it is very impressive.

The first parts are pretty familiar most likely. But what is that at the last parts??? He isnt even touching them!!
      It is entirely possible, although the level of skill required must be very high indeed.

I am not sure though how healthy it is for the students involved in these demonstrations.

Has anyone had a personal experience of such a technique or know anything about the person in that video?
      Sifu Wong Kiewt did mention some extreme feats thanks to Chi Kung but he didnt mention anything about people using it in such a way
      There are plenty of people here who have had similar experiences. A few have even shared some of these on this forum. In general though, it is not something that is discussed much in public. These experiences are often very personal, because such demonstrations are usually reserved for the closest students.

Best wishes,
      George / Юра
      Shaolin Wahnam England

gate gate pāragate pārasaṁgate bodhi svāhā

Comment

Thanks for the response.

Where should I search to find the most out of your experiences?

I am kind of new here and I am kind of lost in all these subforums

Comment

Dear Brothers and Sisters,
          What interested me in his website was the info on Buddhist medicine more than anything else. I don't know whether or not some of those demonstrations are real. If he really is that powerful than he must know some internal arts besides wing chun because as far as I know I don't think you can develop those type of abilities on wing chun alone. The "bounce back" he did in his Tai Chi demonstration was pretty cool. I think you can do the "bounce back" ability without internal force and muscular skill alone but that's just my own theory. The empty wall of chi is something I heard the Tai Chi master Cheng Man Ching could do and the grabbing and pushing energy abilities are things I have only heard about. He doesn't seem to fight with stances though.

I sure hope he isn't fake, it would be a great disservice to everyone.

Yours truly,

Ray
          "Om"

I pay homage to all the great masters of the past and the present

Comment

if he really is that powerful than he must know some internal arts besides wing chun
            Genuine Wing Chun can certainly be internal.
            少林華南台灣 Shaolin Wahnam Taiwan

Facebook

"Then how could chi kung overcome diseases where the cause is unknown or when there is no cure? The question is actually incorrect. The expressions "the cause is unknown" and "there is no cure" are applicable only in the Western medical paradigm. The expressions no longer hold true in the chi kung paradigm. In the chi kung paradigm the cause is known, and there is a cure."

-Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Comment

Yeah Mark,

You're right, Wing Chun can be an internal art as well.
              "Om"

I pay homage to all the great masters of the past and the present

Comment

What about others opinions? I d like to hear from Instructors as well what do they think
                Last edited by Zenon; 10 December 2006, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Peter Young

Hi Folks,
                  I was quite young when I first encountered Peter Young. It was way back in the 90's that he first came to light in the UK. He was very passionate about promoting the internal arts.

He ran a school in Newcastle and seemed to have a lot of students. I remember being at the very first contest he organised for the internal arts and there was a lot people came to that, all with varying abilities.

If I remember Peter Young had quite an impressive resume when it came to studying chinese arts. He had studied with some quite famous Masters of that time.

I remember seeing him and he did appear to be a very competent martial artist and did appear to have some genuine ability.

I was at the world Wushu Championships in 1995 ( I was very young and did not know any better ). Peter Young was there and was giving a demonstration and he actually go booed at. I was in the audience and I remember people thinking he was crazy. That is actually on the clip. It is when Peter is moving two students and they are all dressed in black. One guy in the audience I was sitting with actually said he would Peter young to try that on his right cross.

Peter Young struck me as quite an arrogant individual, he was very vocal and dismissive of other arts. Either that or he was very confident. Please remember that this is through the perspective of 16/17 year old who was awe struck by the martial arts.

My main critique would be that he only ever used his students, and a lot of them did not appear very competent.

Mark
                  Sifu Mark Appleford

sigpic

Comment

Hi folks,

I too have met Sifu Yeung, and can tell you he is the real deal. I went to some of His classes in Kung Fu and Tai chi, and the bouncing stuff is all real and demonstrates different levels of progression through the martial arts. What is amazing and inspiring is that it all starts of with proper basics, proper stances will ground your energy and help you become more sensitve.
                    I strongly disagree that he is arrogant at all, but very charismatic, and a great sense of humour - although disciplined.
                    Ive seen the Pathgate.org site, and it looks like he is accesible if you want to learn from him. He does teachings in England and Ireland - one in England in may, so i think i will check that out. I hope to see some of you guys there.

Later!

Comment

The demostrations of empty force are real (influence)and not real (functional).

This form of "influence" is real. Normally only performed on one's own compliant students.

There's a difference between influence and what is actually functional. Empty force tends to not work when the attacker hasn't given up their power, especially if it's a stranger, even if they're not attacking for real.

I've been thrown around with light touch and with no touch, by a tai chi master and another was by an old Japanese Aikido master in Japan. The Aikido master story; The first time I was there, when he threw me around, I would feel the influence, which was pretty tangible, and would go with it. A year later I went back there, and on the 1st day I went with it. On the 2nd day I decided to continue the attack - as I attacked the influence came, I sank my centre and continued, another wave came more side on, I continued and grabbed his wrist Aikido style, aiming at his centre. At this point he had to move his body and do the physical motion of the technique. I felt I could have up rooted him, but I chose to take the roll at this point to avoid a scene.

One might say his empty force wasn't that powerful - perhaps? He was a student of Morihei Ueshiba, and is highly regarded , not in an honorary way.

Why was I compliant? Firstly, to be a polite visitor; secondly, to go with the flow to learn; thirdly, hoping that the master would like me and teach me more.

That's one of the traps of training MA, one may confuse influence or rank dominance in a class situation as functional effectiveness.

Training with a compliant partner all the time or with pseudo resistance with regulated methods, can lead to false confidence.

Master Kiai vs MMA on Youtube is a funny example of this.

Comment

Originally posted by steve View Post
                        That's one of the traps of training MA, one may confuse influence or rank dominance in a class situation as functional effectiveness
                        I agree, but another trap is to travel with the ego and miss the point of a demonstration .

What I saw was that the students at the end (red t-shirts) were not resisting their energy flow. Their movements were allowing the chi to dissipate instead of lodging within the body. I don't doubt that they had been told to 'just go with it', but the reason why is important. My assumption is that they had been told to 'let it go' to avoid accidental injury.

An uneducated person may not be included for their own safety.

Comment

Originally posted by Darryl View Post
                          I agree, but another trap is to travel with the ego and miss the point of a demonstration .
                          The demo was showing a method of defence against attacks. Those "in the know" may appreciate the chi flow aspect and see it as the point. Those that do not know would see the point as a powerful self defence method. My point is, don't be fooled by compliance as effective self defence. At the same time it is amazing to watch a demo where energy is manipulated like that.

An uneducated person may not be included for their own safety.
                          "For their own safety" is normally a phrase used as an excuse when a student hasn't conformed yet, not because they are afraid of injuring that student. The uneducated person would probably stand there with no response to the "empty force", and would feel no ill effects whatsoever! The ill response only comes into play when you buy into it. The non compliant student would probably be told that what he did was dangerous and by not feeling anything is because he's unaware or lacks the understanding of chi. (blame the student)

Those guys with the red shirts were feeding off the initial input and then sent themselves into a chi flow dance. I bet you if a police dog suddenly charged one of those guys while he was dancing around, he would immediately snap out of the dance.

Check out The Bottom Line's story on the "Human stun gun investigation" on youtube.

This is funny on Youtube "Jim Carey karate instructor". I like the part where he says "Like alot of beginning students, you attacked me wrong"
                          Last edited by George; 19 April 2008, 01:21 PM. Reason: Fix quote code

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
                            I am not sure though how healthy it is for the students involved in these demonstrations.
                            and
                            What I saw was that the students at the end (red t-shirts) were not resisting their energy flow. Their movements were allowing the chi to dissipate instead of lodging within the body.
                            Thank you for allowing me to reflect on my own development from when I posted that.

Originally posted by steve View Post
                            The uneducated person would probably stand there with no response to the "empty force", and would feel no ill effects whatsoever! The ill response only comes into play when you buy into it.
                            As an absolute statement, your comment is wrong.

Whether or not the energy in this example was genuine and strong enough to cause injury is debatable (and I have no direct experience to comment on it anyway), but it is entirely possible for an "uninitiated" person to be injured by "empty force", if it is genuine and powerful enough.

The effect could manifest immediately, or later, depending on various factors (skill and intention of the person projecting the force being important examples).

Best wishes,
                            George / Юра
                            Shaolin Wahnam England

gate gate pāragate pārasaṁgate bodhi svāhā

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
                              As an absolute statement, your comment is wrong.
                              You right, there would be an influence, like anybody projecting their energy onto someone, and probably more so because of their training. As a martial application it has not been shown to work against a resisting attacker.

Breaking bricks with internal force yet the use of body dynamics of weight and motion is used??? Either don't touch the brick or place the hand on the brick, and without movement, break it! The brick has no need to please.

Break a brick with empty force, someone please?
                              Last edited by George; 19 April 2008, 02:06 PM. Reason: Fix quote code

Comment

Working...
                              X