Who is a Master?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is a Master?

Hi! I have been asked this a few times and found it difficult to find an answer! So I ask the forum, what qualifies someone as a Master? Specifically what qualifies someone as a Buddhist Master?

Namo Ami Tuo Fo

Phil

Someone who has emulated Buddha in walk and talk .
    Damian Kissey
    Shaolin Wahnam Sabah , Malaysia .
    www.shaolinwahnamsabah.com

Comment

Thanks Damian, thats a good answer! Is there any more definitive an answer though?

Namo Ami Tuo Fo

Phil

Comment

Another definition

A Buddhist Master does everything with a mind that lets go.

Everything .....including thoughts , words and deeds.

And all the time.....Master of mind .

A detached mind is desireless , no desire leads to no karma , no karma leads to no suffering.....there , You are a Buddha .
        Damian Kissey
        Shaolin Wahnam Sabah , Malaysia .
        www.shaolinwahnamsabah.com

Comment

-

I was laying in bed this morning and lately during the morning hours have i felt such bliss comming from within.

I feel so clearly that things come and go as they should and everything is a blessing. The more i let go, the more i smile. I am slowly trying to get used to this since at the moment it feels too easy to be true.

Yesterday when i was talking with a person that i usually feel uncomfortable with i realised that we are both communicating here in our own unique ways of expressing things, not more, not less. I felt that my peace of mind and smile from within and my acceptance of her as she was changed our communication from our usual trying to convince eachother of eachother views to a dance that we danced together.

I was really glad when i read your post Siheng Damian, it shows me, and give me more confidence that i am on the right path. And that it might be this easy

Thanks

"If a man is called to be a streetsweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven played music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great streetsweeper who did his job well."/Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
          X