Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idul Fitri, Day of Purification

Today is great day.

In Indonesia it is Idul Fitri, Day of 'Fitri'. (Fitri came from an Arabic word meaning Purification). In Malaysia it is called 'Hari Raya', I noticed it while in Sungai Petani earlier this month. 'Hari Raya' means 'Great Day'.

In my country, Indonesia, Idul Fitri is a very special day. On that day, many will return to home town, pay homage and respect to parents and to the elderly. It is believed that after doing the religion duty of fasting during daylight for the whole month of Ramadan, one will be 'purified' from previous sins. Therefore it is time to gather with family and friends, to seek forgiveness and to forgive each other.

I have been celebrating it since my childhood.

This year, this 'Idul Fitri' has something extraordinary for me. Earlier this month, I had the Review Course with Sifu in Sungai Petani. Sifu kindly reviewed us that at the end of Chikung session, we can do: be grateful, bless someone, and forgive someone.

In fact, by doing that, we are implementing the Compassion of God: God bless, and God forgives. Being in gratitude will easily bring us to perform that.

And there is another important point. The Review Course has given another special meaning to me, which is closely related to Idul Fitri or 'Day of Purifying'; when performing 'Dan Tian Breathing', 'Golden Shower', and 'Sinew Metamorphosis', Sifu had guided me to experience a glimpse of Shaolin Cosmos Chikung practice at its highest level: Return to Our Original.

Return to Our Original means we return to our source, to 'formless'. And my view, or vision, becomes clear. I can see everything more clearly. (The ability to see things as it is, without influenced by our perception. Well, perhaps I have not reached the level of no influence at all; at least with the minimum influence of perception as best as I can).
    So, Idul Fitri can mean also 'Return to Original'.

I noticed also for the first time about 'Deepawali', when seeing a poster at the Reception area of Swiss-Inn Hotel Sungai Petani, where we stayed, and again later, while dining in a restaurant. I learned later that Deepawali is Hindu Festival of Light, which was to be celebrated on 21 October this year. Because of my clearer view, I can understand the meaning of the Festival of Light, which is also about returning to our Source.

Thank you, Sifu, for guiding me to my present understanding.

'Happy Idul Fitri' to all Shaolin Wahnam happy Family, and to all members of the Discussion Forum.

Joko
    开心 好运气
    kai xin... .......hao yunqi... - Sifu's speech, April 2005
    open heart... good chi flow... good luck ...
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Have we not opened up thy heart ...? (The Reading, 94:1)
    Be joyful, ..and share your joy with others -(Anand Krishna)

Selamat Hari Raya Idul Fitri

Dear Joko and all who celebrate Idul Fitri ,

Wishing You health , happiness , prosperity and the highest wisdom .

Although i come from a catholic family , my wife and better half comes from a Moslem family : it is a joy to celebrate the common universal truth in all religion , what more to have the tools of the Shaolin Arts to realise this in everyday life , irrespective of religion color or race .

God always bless and may we be humble enough to receive ,

With folded hands ,

Damian and Roseline.
    Damian Kissey
    Shaolin Wahnam Sabah , Malaysia .
    www.shaolinwahnamsabah.com

Comment

I join my Brothers in this celebration.

May All Beings Be Happy.

Maxime

Maxime Citerne, Chinese Medicine, Qigong Healing & Internal Arts

Frankfurt - Paris - Alsace

France: www.institut-anicca.com

Germany: www.anicca-institute.com

Comment

What a wonderful month of celebration .

Let us all celebrate our Return to the Original on a daily basis by doing so.

Embracing the Cosmos,
        Dr. Akemi Borjas de Korahais, DOM
        Doctor of Oriental Medicine
        PainlessAcupuncture.com

Comment

^_^

Love and Blessings,

Ray
          "Om"

I pay homage to all the great masters of the past and the present

Comment

Eid mubarak to one and all

Comment

Blessings to all.

With Love,
              Charles David Chalmers
              Brunei Darussalam

Comment

A very late Eid Mubarak to my Muslim brothers and sisters

Comment

I would like to wish all of our Muslim family a Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri, a safe Hari Raya Aidilfitri, a spiritual and homecoming Idul Futri

I would like to share Sifu's nugget of wisdom: With every chi kung that we practise, we become purer

Selamat Hari Raya!

With Shaolin Salute,
                  Lee Wei Joo
                  http://shaolinwahnammalaysia.com/

Comment

Selamat Hari Raya to all of our Muslim family and friends!

Festively Yours,

Charles
                    Charles David Chalmers
                    Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri to all our Muslim Shaolin Wahnam Members and Friends .

Wishing you good health , happiness and the highest wisdom .
                      Damian Kissey
                      Shaolin Wahnam Sabah , Malaysia .
                      www.shaolinwahnamsabah.com

Comment

Dear Damian Sihing,

Thank you very much.
                        Yes, we are celebrating Idul Fitri now.
                        We've just finished the 29-day fasting, and self restrain.

Joko
                        开心 好运气
                        kai xin... .......hao yunqi... - Sifu's speech, April 2005
                        open heart... good chi flow... good luck ...
                        Have we not opened up thy heart ...? (The Reading, 94:1)
                        Be joyful, ..and share your joy with others -(Anand Krishna)

Comment

Working...
                        X