Taoist Talisman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taoist Talisman

What do you guys think of the website? I've always wondered if Talismans really actually work...

Hi there

Ok, first things first. My background is in Western mysticism, not Eastern, but there are a few things that I would like to say to you before you decide whether you want to purchase anything form these folks.

Before I start, I'd also like to state the obvious: What follows is my personal opinion and comes from my own experience, so no offense is intended if they contradict anyone elses feelings or beliefs about these things, I'm offering it to help safeguard and, hopefully, empower

1. I would never buy a talisman or any object people claim to be magical. A 'made' magical object is made magical by the person wishing to use it and, so, should be made 'by' the person wishing to use it.* Just as we generate energy when we move with intent and in a Chi Kung state of mind in our Shaolin Arts, so it is with the making of a magical object - intent, mindset and energy are key. With that in mind, the idea of 'buying a made magical object from another, even if it requires activation, should speak for itself.

2. Dubious Definitions: (plucked from one of Scott Cunningham's books cos he's smart, clear, and well respected in the occult community over here):

Talisman:An object empowered with magical energy to attract a specific force or energy to its bearer

Amulet:A magically empowered object that deflects specific, usually negative, energies. Generally a protective object.

This website says "talismans are highly revered as a protection, when carried"
    maybe something been 'lost in translation' from East to west, who knows, but if they're genuine, they should know the difference.

3. Dubious Intent: they say "It is the intent's behind that Fu's that determines whether its white or black magic" this is, of course, true, however from the perspective of someone whose studied the old ways over here, to use such dramatic wording to sell their 'talismans' like:
    "Most of these talismans are guarded secret which are never revealed to the uninitiated. As they are so sacred. And some of these Talismans and rituals are so deadly that it can caused harm, injury, insanity and even death when use upon their enemies."

does make you wonder... does that sound like a responsible seller to you or just a greedy marketeer with either a 1. bogus product or 2. a genuinely powerful product that could potentially be like giving a machine gun to a child? (i.e. the general populace) Either way, I don't like them I'm afraid.

4. From my own personal experience (so far) I have better control and comfort with energy since studying with Shaolin WahNam (studying with Shaolin WahNam 5 months now) than I have pretty much my whole life so far. I was never one for magical accessorisation, but I feel even less in need of it now. I genuinely believe that if you practise a genuine internal art, such as Shaolin WahNam, you do not 'need' such objects, you already have the tools you need, all that's left is to add good energy and good intent

I hope this helps.

Claire

*There are, of course, naturally occuring items which already hold great concentrations of energy, and I tend to think they come into your life when they're needed - but we are talking about man-made objects here.
    Last edited by Claire; 6 October 2006, 05:36 PM.
    "It's no secret that a friend is someone who lets you help". from the song The Fly by U2

Comment

Working...
    X