Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ghostbusting: How to deal with a spirit in your home.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jim.

In fact it never did turn up, even after we moved out of that apartment. Although I now feel that the dream was a premonition, as it pretty much came true. The presence I felt that night came back randomly one evening in December, and shortly afterwards my Fiancee left me. Weird!
    Last edited by Shaolinfist; 20 April 2010, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Hi all,Iwas teaching Chi Kung (Not shaolin) a Lady came up to me and said did I know I had a VERY tall chinaman dressed in ceremonial type clothes standing next to me while I teached?

She and I could not understand about a TALL chinaman over 6 ft tall.

Apparently I found out later that many chinese men born in the North were /are? very tall.

There ya go

Comment

Hello everyone,

thanks for opening such an interesting and helpful topic.
        I was actually looking for another topic but then I landed here and just enjoyed reading your stories.
        It was also very good to read what Sigungs opinion is about it.

Enjoy your day!

Dimitri
        When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
        When the student is truly ready, the teacher will disappear.

-Lao Tzu-

Comment

Imagine of dreaming, but being awake. Trying to walk about but wading through water, the whole room looks the same but is in dark blue-ish sphere, some objects are out of shape like. You "wade" through the appartment, and then you see a black shadow man, with a fedora hat.

Next thing you know you're paralized in bed, awake, a dark energy holding you down, you want to scream but you can't.
          You're staring at a dark shadow man with a fedora hat.

Next night you google you're "dream", and this shadow man with the hat is being encountered in similar fashion all over the world.
          Some people even mention the shadow man before they die.

It happened to somebody I know. And one finger shooting zen didn't help.
          You could say, say a mantra, but you can't speak or think, you're paralized.

Just out of curiousity, what is this? Is he dreaming? Sleep paralysis?

Comment

This is a really awesome thread !

@Pure Blade: A very similar thing happened to me. I didn't see a man in a fedora, but I've had this sensation of being "held down" quite a lot before I started practicing under Sifu's tutelage. After a little more than a year, these kinds of happenings became very rare to the point of not happening anymore at all (internal force FTW), until I spent a night at my grandmother's. That's where I experienced something similar like your friend did. I finally have an excuse to share my very own ghost/spirit story, woohoo !

Here's a shortened account of what happened:
            I slept in a room that belongs to my youngest uncle (he was away at that time). I've done so many many times before, but that night was very different from the usual. It was on the 1st of August 2014, and my grandmother and I came home from a wonderful walk after celebrating Switzerland's anniversary. Stepping into the house, I felt immediately "on edge" and slightly nervous, but didn't think much of it. There's a corridor leading back into the house, and the room I slept in was at the very end of that corridor.

At this point I want to reinstate that I've known this house my entire life and have never felt this way.

ANYWAY, we ended up going to bed shortly after coming home and the room I slept in clearly was already occupied by someone else, making me unable to fall asleep immediately like I usually do. Sending some good thoughts (and trying not to freak out too much), I went to sleep. I then had an extremely vivid dream about my grandfather (he died when I was 2 years old, but I remember him well) standing in the corner of the bedroom, just staring at me while I started screaming. It goes without saying that I woke up sweating, but the air in the room was freezing cold, to the point where I could almost see my breath. The room was much colder than the air outside, I got up in the dark to check. The moment I got back to bed, chastising myself for being a little too willing to believe in the supernatural, I felt a very cold touch on my upper arm.

I "sent" chi there and the touch went away. I then started reciting a mantra, and it was the first time it didn't work. I was probably much too freaked out for it to work anyway, hahaha! But yes, the golden dome I usually "envision/see" kept shattering into pieces, and then the cold touch came back. To this day I'm convinced it was a large hand, much bigger than mine.

At this point, I turned on the light for the rest of the night and refused to go back to sleep willingly !

The next day, I wanted to tell my grandmother but refrained because I didn't want her to be scared. Luckily, my aunt and I went out the same day to eat lunch together. After quite a while, I finally had the courage to tell her about what happened last night.

Here's what she said:
            - My uncle regularly has screaming nightmares in this room and my grandma has no idea why (my uncle is handicapped and can't talk properly). He doesn't have them anywhere else.
            - My aunt and grandma have heard my grandfather sing in the house many times (as I probably did, too, a week later in my own home. A deep male voice hummed right next to my ear. I ALMOST HAD A HEART ATTACK.)
            - My grandfather had "manifested" himself to my grandmother only two days before I slept there, by appearing, talking and even touching her (I confirmed this with my grandmother)
            - My aunt hasn't slept in that house since the day he died and she refuses to, as well.

I'm really glad I didn't even think of using One Finger Shooting Zen, since I wouldn't have wanted to hurt my grandfather or any other spirit that didn't mean any harm, really.

The aftermath of that "encounter" was quite interesting as well and went on for at least two weeks, but getting into that here would be way off topic. It was only after these two weeks that I suddenly understood that there was no need to be scared at all and that I was in control of what I let inside my space and what I didn't. My apartment is now 100% free of any unwanted visitors, because I'm very adamant about my privacy ! Now, what to do about these past masters and other beings right above our heads... hmm...

Anyway, just thought I'd share that story after so much time. There's a lot more to it, but I think everyone appreciates a shortened version. Unless some of you are curious to know, in which case I will be more than happy to share!

I would love to read some more ghost stories, because I really love spooky stuff ... Yes I know ghost and spirits are a normal part of existence, but they're still spooky to me!

Happy Thursday,
            Fabienne

Comment

Hey sister,

I'd say, I don't really like to dwell on these things.

Horror movies, ghost stories, I'd love them, monsters and all that stuff haha. Once they become reality though, hmmmm,
              I guess mind creates reality haha. Those crazy things, F them all

You seem like a great outgoing and fun girl, always like to read your posts, keep it up

Comment

I would love to read some more ghost stories, because I really love spooky stuff ... Yes I know ghost and spirits are a normal part of existence, but they're still spooky to me!
                Maybe an unconventional way to deal with a ghost:

When I slept at the boyfriend of my grandma's house I found it hard to fall asleep, because something/someone was watching me. Very strange. I tried to sense it but it felt like this thing was hiding from me. Because my efforts where fruitless I did my best to ignore it and faded away to the land of cozyness and mild comfort of body and mind... Then suddenly I woke up to a feeling of having pressure on my chest and something/someone choking me. I had no idea what to do, so I waited patiently. After some time I sensed the thing on my chest. It was a lady in her mid/end twenties with curly hair. Before she sensed that I sensed her, I startled her and she disappeared.. and I won the game of hide and seek
                I didn't have any encounters with her since.

This lady looked somehow familiar and I actually think it was the dead wife of my grandma's boyfriend as far as I can interpolate from the pictures in the house showing her about the age of 50(?)..
                Last edited by Fräänz; 15 September 2015, 12:04 AM.

Comment

I might have mentioned this before, but years ago I was staying at my friends vacation house at some hot-springs up in the hills of the Mojave Desert in California. The house itself used to belong to an old lady who was murdered in the Master bedroom, it was for that reason no one would ever stay in that room overnight.

I decided to be contrary and said to them that I would stay in the room for the night. I fancied myself rather smart, I would have the biggest room all to myself and sleep well without having to hear my friends snore. No one believed I would really do it, but come night fall everyone went to get ready for bed. My favorite nightly ritual is of course Shaolin Cosmos Qi Gong, on a whim instead of going outside to do it, I decided to practice right there in the so-called Haunted Master bedroom.

After Entering Zen I was able to notice a heavy darkness in the room, I continued on and did lifting the sky several times and had a nice chi flow. As I was generating my chi flow I noticed that the heaviness was leaving the room, and after my chi flow was over the room felt very light and comfortable. I slept like a baby.

In hindsight I pondered whether I actually set a ghost free, or if my practice just cleared out some negative energy. I guess it doesn't matter much.
                  Shaolin Wahnam USA

"Every morning you are born again. What you do today is the most important thing".

Comment

I find this mantra helps if it is a not-nice apparition.

Also, some good old, copal incense and a singing bowl do wonders for the energy in a house.

Comment

Working...
                    X