Master Xu Yun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master Xu Yun

Hello I like to ask if anyone knows or heard about Master Xu Yun if he practiced any Martial Arts? There is a lot of information about him as far as his teachings on Chan Buddhism but nothing that I could see on the Martila arts.I've heard he was head of the five sects of Buddhism as well as Shaolin,so my questions is if he was head of Shaolin how could he not know any Martial arts.Also I've read about his travels he always seemed to travel alone.Why would someone that important travel alone during a time in china when it was very unsafe this is late 1800 to early 1900.My sifu says that eventhought there is no meantion that he knew any martial arts that you have to read betwen the lines.I like to know what you think? Thanks..

Hi StoneCrusher

Did you contact Eugene the guy referenced by Sifu Tommy Korahais?. Im just curious

Comment

HI Alberto...Yeah...I just email Eugene actually not to long ago,so far I have not heard from him.If I do I'll let you know.How are you doing?

Comment

Originally posted by Alberto
        Did you contact Eugene the guy referenced by Sifu Tommy Korahais?
        Alberto, I think you mean well but I think you should be a little more careful with your post content.

The "guy" you refer to (Eugene) is an inner chamber disciple of Sifu and not just some "guy" on the street.

And Sifu Anthony Korahais has never, as far as I know, been wanted to be called Tommy!

Andrew
        Sifu Andrew Barnett
        Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
        Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
        Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Ooops... Nobody told me about the existence of an "inner chamber" in Wahnam School and for the posts i deducted that Eugene is a relatively young person, that was the reason i called him "guy".

Comment

deducted that Eugene is a relatively young person, that was the reason i called him "guy
            Age is not a measure for mastery of an Art.

Andrew
            Sifu Andrew Barnett
            Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
            Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
            Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

I totally agree with you.

Comment

Sorry, Sifu Barnett I'm sure it was an innocent mistake..

Comment

I´m sure that Grandmaster Xu Yun practiced some kungfu or chikung. I remember having read about formidable feats of internal power done casually when he was travelling.
                  Apart from this, as a very advanced Buddhist master, his mind was trained to a level we can not even imagine, so those things could be Siddhis or abilities developed thru long term meditation. Even they weren´t the purpose of his training, he could use them when needed for good purposes as expedient means.

Greetings to all,

Daniel
                  Daniel Pérez
                  http://www.shaolinbcn.es

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel
                    I´m sure that Grandmaster Xu Yun practiced some kungfu or chikung. I remember having read about formidable feats of internal power done casually when he was travelling.
                    Apart from this, as a very advanced Buddhist master, his mind was trained to a level we can not even imagine, so those things could be Siddhis or abilities developed thru long term meditation. Even they weren´t the purpose of his training, he could use them when needed for good purposes as expedient means.
                    Well said, Siheng
                    Facebook

"Then how could chi kung overcome diseases where the cause is unknown or when there is no cure? The question is actually incorrect. The expressions "the cause is unknown" and "there is no cure" are applicable only in the Western medical paradigm. The expressions no longer hold true in the chi kung paradigm. In the chi kung paradigm the cause is known, and there is a cure."

-Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Comment

Working...
                    X