X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFQ - The Facts

Shaolin Greetings,

In traditional systems, the act of betrayal and deception is a very serious issue. The reason that I am opening this thread is to share with you ‘the facts’ on CFQ which I have, unfortunately, been experiencing in Ireland. I feel that it is important that we speak about this openly and frankly.

In the interest of fairness, I invite those whom I mention to give their side of the story, if they see fit . I also extend an invitation to anybody else who has experienced first hand a betrayal, bad mouthing or incorrect facts of Sifu Wong, his style of Chi Kung and /or the Shaolin Wahnam Institute in attempt to change the person’s style of Chi Kung or Master. While to some people it is just a changing of styles, to very sick people it can be something far more serious.

The first experience of somebody ‘leaving’ Shaolin Wahnam Ireland came a few years ago. Sharon rang me to tell me that she had decided to change over styles after visiting Sifu Yap in Malaysia. Her explanation at the time was:

Shaolin Chi Kung is not as powerful as CFQ.
    Shaolin Chi Kung doesn’t allow the person to ‘let go’.
    Shaolin Chi Kung is not meditation.
    CFQ deals more with the spirit of the person.
    Shaolin Chi Kung does not clear karma.

I didn’t have a problem with Sharon leaving Shaolin Wahnam Ireland, after all, it was her life. What I was very very sad about was the way in which this was said to me. It was the arrogance in which it was said----as if I didn’t know anything and what I was practising was vastly inferior to CFQ, despite overcoming a serous back and neck problem.

To give a little background on Sharon. She did the very first course with Sifu when he came to Ireland in 2001. She had a lot of very deep emotional issues, which over time greatly improved. So much so that one of her colleagues at work went to do an Intensive Chi Kung course in Malaysia with Sifu because of the change in Sharon. Her improvement continued and she decided to go on a world tour all by herself, an unthinkable adventure before. She attended an Intensive Chi Kung course in Australia courtesy of Sifu and because of her great improvement, he invited her to become an instructor for the Institute. She taught in New Zealand for a few months, as she was based there at the time.
    I was in constant contact with Sharon over this time—a few years-- and we had become very good friends. We would speak for hours on a Saturday night discussing how her training and teaching was going in New Zealand. She was coming home to teach Shaolin Chi Kung and I even had advertised classes in Galway on my website for her.
    On her way home to Ireland, she attended a course with Sifu Yap in Penang and sadly never practised Shaolin Chi Kung again. After that she rang me to say that she was going to do CFQ due to the reasons mentioned above.

The other person that has very much surprised me is a guy named Finbar. He first learned Chi Kung from Sifu at a regional course. He suffered from Ankloyising Spondylitis a severe deformity of the spine. After some months, he started to improve, and we often laughed at his Elvis like Chi flows! so much so that after a year, some foreign relatives who attended a family wedding didn’t recognise him. They were still looking for the little guy with the sideways gait. This was amazing especially as Anklyosing Spondylitis is incurable. Mentally and emotionally Finbar started to improve also and sometimes his body was black and blue from hitting his spine. He told me that he was going to Malaysia to Sifu’s Intensive course and asked me if I minded if he went to see Sifu Yap as Sifu had written about him in his book so I said it was fine.

Sometime later, Sifu held a course in Ireland, which Finbar’s brother attended. He noticed a young lady there who also suffered from mild curvature of the spine but also suffered from Chronic Fatigue(very chronic). He felt it would be a good idea and inspiration for this young lady if Finbar contacted her and told his story. A few days later I received a phone call from a very distraught lady. It was the young lady who had been speaking to Finbar and had been told by him that Shaolin Chi Kung would probably never work for her!! He didn’t feel any better after practising and that she shouldn’t get her hopes up. To me this was very very wrong of Finbar, it took me months to lift this lady’s spirits and belief again, although she continued to practice, her belief in leading a normal life again was gone. She has since travelled to Malaysia to Sifu Wong and is improving but Finbar with his incorrect views could have impeded this young lady’s progress for ever. To me this is unforgivable. He has again contacted her to tell her that Sifu Yap is in Ireland shortly, despite little progress himself with CFQ.

He rang me after attending Sifu Yap in the UK last year and firstly admitted that he had forgotten me!! It was his brother who insisted that he ring me to tell me that he was no longer practising Shaolin Chi Kung because:

Shaolin Chi Kung is not as powerful as CFQ.
    Shaolin Chi Kung doesn’t allow the person to ‘let go’.
    Shaolin Chi Kung is not meditation.
    CFQ deals more with the spirit of the person.
    Shaolin Chi Kung does not clear karma.

And he was completely bowled over by the fact that toxic or stale chi is eliminated through the soles of the feet in CFQ which he claimed didn’t happen in Shaolin Chi Kung. Again the most upsetting part for me was the arrogance and belittlement of Shaolin Chi Kung despite all the benefits he had received. I have recently heard that he has admitted that he really is no better after a year. This is very very sad.

As I have mentioned in another thread, Sifu runs a very moral, ethical and compassionate institute. Students come to him freely because of his reputation, not because he has run down another school, institute or system. Students from Shaolin Wahnam who go to any school where it is obvious that incorrect information or belittling is rampant should know that their act is an act of betrayal. If somebody betrays your father or family, you take it very seriously. You do not go and shake the hand of that person and clap him on the back and say well done! Can I learn from you , do you?

Best wishes,
    Joan
    Books don't mean a lot unless you open them, Hearts are the same.......

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
    GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
    ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN
    THE INCREDIBLE 3 DAY INTENSIVE ZEN COURSE .

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Thank you Joan. Your post was deeply felt and inspired me to publicly share some of my own experiences.

I met Sifu Yap in May, 2003. I went to see him after the Special Intensive Course with Sifu Wong. Specifically, I went to him for treatment, although we also had lengthy conversations and a simple qigong lesson.

The Intensive course with Sifu Wong brought out a lot of powerful cleansing in me. Towards the end of the course, I developed a painful blockage in my lower back. Sifu Wong told me that it was due to deep karmic cleansing, and I accepted that.

Jin Leng was one of Sifu Wong's Malaysian students. Before meeting Sifu Wong, he could hardly stand upright and could not walk for more than 15 minutes. Sifu Wong taught Jin Leng for free and helped him to overcome his problem. Jin Leng once told me that the recovery was a "miracle" to him.

I was friends with Jin Leng for a while. He was once an active member of this forum. But there was something very different about him in 2003. This was not the kind, compassionate Buddhist I had come to know. Instead, he was full of bitterness and venom -- particularly towards Sifu Wong.

Jin Leng would often join me or take me out to meals (he had a car) during the course in 2003. Gradually, he began to talk more and more about Sifu Wong. He complained, mostly. He spit a lot of venom. For some reason, he was especially angry towards Sifu Wong's fees even though he had never paid them himself.

After I developed the blockage in my back, Jin Leng offered to take me to see Sifu Yap. The clinic was hard to find, but he knew the way, he told me. At the time, I was alone at Cinta Sayang because Sifu Wong had left for Europe and my other classmates had gone on a road trip to see Sisook Ho. Alone and in pain, I decided it couldn't hurt to see Sifu Yap, especially since Sifu Wong spoke so highly of him in his book.

I was wrong. It could hurt, and it did. Rather than continue with confidence in my Shaolin Qigong and work through this karmic blockage just as I had with numerous other blockages, I sought relief elsewhere. What's worse is that Jin Leng and Sifu Yap significantly undermined my confidence in Shaolin Qigong.

For the next few months, I underwent a profound loss of confidence in my qigong and kungfu practice, not unlike what Joan described above. The conversations with Sifu Yap rang through my mind: "Kungfu attracts the karma of violence," and "Internal force is not conducive to health." Because of this loss of confidence, my practice suffered greatly and I actually developed more blockages while failing to clear the old ones.

As the situation got worse, I even considered visiting Sifu Yap because I mistakenly felt that he was the only one who could help. In truth, Sifu Yap's treatments hurt more than they helped. Although they brought me temporary relief from the pain, they had the side-effect of taking away my ability to heal myself using Shaolin Qigong. It was as if my "powers" were taken from me and I was suddenly dependant not on myself as I had been for years, but on Sifu Yap and CFQ.

In the end, it took me a long time to recover from the damage done by Jin Leng and Sifu Yap. Of course, in the end it was Shaolin Cosmos Qigong that led to my recovery, not CFQ.

Sifu Yap did not specifically badmouth Sifu Wong or Shaolin Wahnam to my face, and it is not my intention to badmouth him here. But his tacit disapproval of Shaolin Wahnam became clear. Sifu Yap freely offered controversial opinions that conflicted heavily with Shaolin Wahnam. In retrospect, I think it was inappropriate to do this to disciples (Darryl was there too) of another master -- especially when we consider that Sifu Wong was one of Sifu Yap's mentors.

What I found most disturbing at the time was that Sifu Yap did not offer any kind words about Sifu Wong. I found this strange considering all of the kind words Sifu Wong and his students had for Sifu Yap. It was also strange considering how happy and peaceful Sifu Yap appeared to be.

I later found out that Jin Leng was working for Sifu Yap, although I'm not sure exactly when this started. I know that Jin Leng quit working for Sifu Wong's publishing company the same week that he took me to see Sifu Yap. I'm not saying that Sifu Yap encouraged Jin Leng's behavior. I don't really know. But Jin Leng's behavior was certainly unethical.

Jin Leng continued like this for a while. He would visit Sifu Wong's intensive courses, take students out for meals, and once he had their confidence, he would tell them how foolish they were to spend so much money when Sifu Yap was better and cheaper. And then he would take them to see Sifu Yap.

Obviously, this kind of behavior is unacceptable. This is one of the main reasons Shaolin Wahnam is now taking a firm stand against CFQ and those who associate with the organization. Personally, I am most interested in helping other students to know the facts so that they might avoid what happened to me.
    Last edited by Antonius; 5 September 2005, 05:22 PM.
    Sifu Anthony Korahais
    www.FlowingZen.com
    (Click here to learn more about me.)

Comment

Dear Anthony and Joan,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with all of us. It just makes me sad that Shaolin Wahnam had so much bad experiences with CFQ. I'm going to ask Sifu Yap many questions about this and hear many things for myself. I'm deeply concerned about my association with CFQ. If I find out that Sifu Yap indeed allows his students to badmouth their previous masters or schools, I'll seriously reconsider my decision.

Also, to Anthony, I'm sorry if I said that you were unfair towards CFQ in my other thread. Now, I know about this background information, I can understand where you're coming from. However, please comment on my response to your post because remember, I'm not on anybody's side.

Yixin
      It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye. -- The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Comment

...remember, I'm not on anybody's side.
        Yixin, the fact that you think you're not on anybody's side is, in my opinion, a problem. Shouldn't you, at the very least, be on the side of Sifu Wong, the man who opened your eyes and your heart to the wonders of qigong?

Sifu Wong never asks people to remain solely on his side. He does not demand that students learn only from him the way some masters do. It is possible to be on his side as well as other sides. I am, for example, still loyal to my old Karate Sensei in addition to Sifu Wong. But when there is a conflict, when push comes to shove, then you need to be clear where your loyalties lie.

I owe Sifu my life. If not for him, I would probaby have a bullet in my head by now from my depression. I have learned from many other masters over the years, but I remain loyal to Sifu Wong, and not just because he's the best master I've found. I don't believe that you should just drop your Sifu the moment you think you've found something better.

Sifu Wong does not demand loyalty. But he deserves it. This is a lesson that Jin Leng and others need to learn. Sifu Wong taught Jin Leng for free and helped him to cure an impossible illness, and as thanks Jin Leng now spits on Shaolin Wahnam. He even tells people that Shaolin Cosmos Qigong doesn't work, ignoring the fact that it worked for his own illness!

Before all of the negativity started between CFQ and Shaolin Wahnam, it was possible to be on both sides. But because of what has happened, that is no longer possible. So whether you realize it or not, you are on somebody's side.
        Last edited by Antonius; 6 September 2005, 03:55 AM.
        Sifu Anthony Korahais
        www.FlowingZen.com

Comment

Dear all,

Thank you for revealing all these. For some time now, I sensed some disquiet whenever Master Yap was mentioned, and I wondered why since Sifu had spoken so highly of him in his book "Chi Kung for Health and Vitality". I was quite curious about what CFQ was since it seemed to be a form of Xisui Jing (Brain / Marrow Cleansing) from Sifu's description. But like many of Sifu's students, I subscribe to a less is more policy and never visited Master Yap. As it is, I find enough fun and received wonderful benefits with Shaolin qigong.

Before i go on, I beg Joan's pardon, as I do not have any personal experience of people bad-mouthing Sifu, and my post may not be on point.

I find it odd that former students of Sifu can say that they can be filled with bitterness. Most of my family have by now learned from Sifu, and while some members have better progress than others, all are grateful. Like i told Sifu, my mother's life was saved by only a few short months of Shaolin qigong. Unless the person received no benefits at all, it may be undestandable to complain about the fees paid. Yet, from what I have read so far and from all those whom have ever bad-mouthed Sifu on this forum, the fees paid are never the real issue. Even for Tom, it seems to me that it was his stay in hospital that was the key, not the "wasted" fees. I don't think we can ever understand or even speculate what caused the drastic change, but one thing I can be sure. Any change should be for the better - if it creates bitterness, it is regression.

Ever since i learnt Shaolin qigong, my Taijiquan has been enhanced, but I have not once put down the Taiji qigong I learnt initially. Shaolin qigong allows me to explore and assimilate the best of my Taiji qigong and appreciate its essence and beauty. When one transcends something, one does not despise what one has just risen above. If so, Jesus would never have come to die for us, and all the Buddhas would not have been willing to enter the filth we are in to help us. If CFQ is truly superior, it should be able to fill in all the apparent gaps in Shaolin qigong.

I think it is brave of Yixin to share his experiences and whatever the other former students of Sifu now practising CFQ have said and done, Yixin has made it clear that he is grateful to Sifu. He is a brother of mine, and I will always remember that it was his account of his first intensive course that made me finally decide to also go for the course.

一新兄, 人言可畏, 但只要你问心无愧,对得起天地良心, 就无须将旁人冷言冷语放 在心上. 同时,如果叶师傅的确有颠倒是非或挑拨离间之意,那我希望你会考虑重归
          我们的团体. 我本身随时欢迎你! 相信同门一般都有同样的感触.
          百德以孝为先
          Persevere in correct practice

Comment

Although I have not met Sifu Yap personally I knew Jin Leng very well .... I thought. I truly considered him a close friend and he helped me through some quite difficult times. But this was before 2003.

I remember very well during the course that Jin Leng was complaining of sleeping problems --- a sort of insomnia. I opened a couple of energy points for him during the evening (using a method I learned from Sifu) and he slept like a baby that night. He slept so well that he actually missed lunch the following day!

Soon after my departure from that course we started a quite emotional email exchange. During this I was introduced by Jin Leng to another of Sifu's ex-students in Malaysia -- at least that was the claim (I cannot confirm either way).

The email exchange, looking at it now, was aimed at undermining any confidence I had ever had in Shaolin Wahnam and Sifu Wong. I was told in no uncertain terms that Sifu is a charlatan and that his Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung was a very low level system. In fact they even mentioned that Sifu was just a good salesman and had nothing to back up anything he claimed -- neither with his Kung Fu nor his Chi Kung.

All of this pushed me further and further down in my development and training. In fact my personal training hit an all time low during this time. Only after having broken off the communication could I, with the help of my Shaolin Wahnam seniors, return to my successful path of development.

Looking back at the episode I still wonder how I could have doubted Sifu's system. I mean I was close to a wheelchair and Sifu's teaching and system saved me from years of pain and other physical and emotional limitations. Other problems I had suffered from (migraines, blood sugar, etc.) disappeared too. But somehow, by whatever means, my former friend Jin Leng and his associate managed to lower even my confidence in my Master.

Andrew
            Sifu Andrew Barnett
            Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
            Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
            Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Dear Si Gu Ma Joan (is that right),
              Thank you for starting this thread I was considering attending a seminar of Master Yap in October.

I find it strange that people who found something that works for them better than Shaolin Chi Kung would put down their previous affiliation. I find it says alot about their character.

I left external martial arts training Muay Thai, Senshido (through video study), to pursue Wahnam training, I still have good words and high respect for my previous instructor in Muay Thai (I still talk to him) and Richard Dimitri (Senshido).

Is this something specifically endorsed by Master Yap though or is this just flaws in their character.

Is this stance being taken by Wahnam intructors in this thread, endorsed by Sigung?
              Last edited by grammatoncleric; 6 September 2005, 12:38 PM.
              http://www.liberty-human-rights.org....ig-brother.pdf www.amnesty.org www.indymedia.org.uk

Comment

Is this something specifically endorsed by Master Yap though or is this just flaws in their character.
                Some of it clearly comes from Sifu Yap, as I mentioned in my story. Whether or not it is intentional or accidental is, in my opinion, irrelevant. The negative pattern with CFQ students has been going on for several years in several countries. Like Andrew said, a master is responsible for his students. As the master of CFQ, it is Sifu Yap's responsibility to run an ethical, respectable organization.

Is this stance being taken by Wahnam intructors in this thread, endorsed by Sigung?
                Yes, our stance is endorsed by Sifu Wong.
                Sifu Anthony Korahais
                www.FlowingZen.com

Comment

Dear grammatoncleric,

Thank you for your comments.

I would like to point out that this is not about character assassination. I was very good friends with Sharon and also knew Finbar. Which made it all the more horrible and sad when they belittled what I hold very very dear, despite gaining much benefit themselves.

As months passed by, I found it more than coincidental that some students who attended Master Yap were coming back with almost identical 'stories' in the way of belittling Sifu Wong and Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung and that 'Kungfu is bad for Karma'. The stories are almost always the same.

Betrayal and deception are always wrong. Sifu Wong has very high morals and we as instructors always try to live up to those.

Best wishes,

Joan
                  Books don't mean a lot unless you open them, Hearts are the same.......

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
                  GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
                  ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN
                  THE INCREDIBLE 3 DAY INTENSIVE ZEN COURSE .

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Joan
                    I found it more than coincidental that some students who attended Master Yap were coming back with almost identical 'stories' in the way of belittling Sifu Wong and Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung and that 'Kungfu is bad for Karma'
                    For a bit more background information, I also had one of my students, Cymon, stop practicing Shaolin Kungfu after attending a CFQ healing workshop. He didn't tell me at the time and it was much later when he actually told me. I have asked Cymon to tell his own account of events, but the key thing is that during a conversation with Joan, I casually mentioned that one of my students has stopped practicing and was now studying CFQ. I was rather surprised when she told me what had happened with several of the Irish students and, out of curiosity, I asked a few of the other Shaolin Wahnam Instructors if they had either had similar experiences of, or had students leave after, CFQ lessons or treatment.

What I found surprised me greatly, in that several (Ronan, Marcus, Mike and myself) of the UK instructors have had CFQ students (in particular Jin Leng and Chris Jones) badmouthing Sifu Wong (and the Arts that he teaches) to them. When I started asking the overseas instructors, I found that others had had the same situation, either with their students coming back either confused or misinformed (Joan and Kai), or with themselves having been subjected to badmouthing and insinuation (Anthony and Eugene). At this point, I stopped believing it to be casual coincidence.

One last point - some people on this thread are misinterpreting compassion and forgiveness as silence and irresponsibility. This is the official discussion forum for the Shaolin Wahnam Institute. As such, all of the various Instructors and Sifu's have a responsibility to look out for their students, their brothers and their sisters, as well as to treat their Sifu(s) with respect. As Anthony noted, within Shaolin Wahnam we do not forget our previous Sifu's. If we believe them to be missing out on something beneficial, we would encourage them to learn from Sifu Wong directly. If they choose not to, this is both their right and their privilege but personally, I am still extremely respectful of all my previous Instructors, even the ones who I have since surpassed.
                    Last edited by Darryl; 6 September 2005, 05:29 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

My own experience of CFQ.

The following post is going to be quite large as the matter of this thread is equally large, and has also troubled me for a while. Like all of us here, I would like to know exactly what is transpiring. I am going to describe what my direct experiences with Sifu Yap and CFQ were. In order to help readers understand my experiences I am also going to include some background info on myself at the time of my involvement.

Last year as most people whom know me will already be aware of, I successfully applied for and began a degree in TCM at Middlesex Uni in London. I initially did not expect to get accepted and never considered the ‘effect’ that moving to London might have on me, apart from the fact that I have sworn all my life that I would never live there. I now much to my surprise miss it a little, currently I am in Scotland. I would even go as far as saying that I now even enjoy living in London. However this was not always the case.

The first few months were to be honest, very confusing and depressing and miserable. I started my course in September and by mid October I was drained, tired, lonely, and doubting if I had made the right decision. These were normal reactions I think to the extremeness of turning my entire life on its head. I have always been a very sensitive sort and was suffering from many different aspects, the main one being my reaction and attitude towards the atmosphere, attitude and manner of London life.
                      The other ‘Problems’, as I at the time interpreted them;
                      . breaking up with then getting back with, then breaking up with my girlfriend of that time
                      . my father attempting suicide
                      . my course primarily concentrating on Orthodox Medicine ( I was not a great fan and this induced thoughts of was I learning ‘Communist TCM’ or ‘Chinese Medicine’)
                      . becoming increasingly frustrated with my Uni’s lack of administration on minor issues
                      . major financial problems to the extent that it was difficult to even eat and get to and from Uni
                      . severely missing my Sifu and classmates and being especially upset of the fact that everyone was about to leave for the November intensive Kung-Fu course in Malaysia with Sigung except for me. This course for me was going to be the highlight of my training with Shaolin Wahnam. I had been looking forward to it for years and my classmates and I would expound on how much we were all looking forward to what would for us be the trip of a lifetime. I could not attend as I had to commit the time to my first semester at Uni. At the time this upset me a fair bit.

I was not however a complete wreck as I may have made it sound above my personal daily training had become more committed, regular and productive than it had previously in Edinburgh. Every morning 06:00/30 I was up going through Chi Flow, Stances, One Finger Shooting Zen, Standing Meditation, Art of Flexibility, (as regularly as I could and time permitting, also the art of 100 Kicks), Chi Flow and Standing Meditation. In the evening; set practice, moving in stances (and Sinew Metamorphosis every three days) I feel if I hadn’t been doing my training I would have ground to a halt and become very depressed due to the pressure of my London life. This last point was to be confirmed later during the early part of 2005.
                      More on this later.

November came along and my thoughts and emotions again turned to Malaysia. It was at this point Master Yap entered my life. Actually via this forum, from this post http://wongkiewkit.com/forum/showthr...light=Sifu+Yap .
                      I decided to go on the CFQ course in Oxford. I remember thinking to myself at the time that this was synchronistic in some way. “I can’t be with my Shaolin Wahnam family in Malaysia at the moment but I can make it up to Oxford for two days training with a Chi Kung Master whom is from….Malaysia!”

At the time I had no knowledge whatsoever of the things that have now been revealed by this current thread. If I had, I simply would not have had any involvement with Sifu Yap at all. I was both then and now very happy, honoured, obliged and blessed to be part of Shaolin Wahnam.

I too first read about Master Yap in Sigung’s book ‘Chi Kung For Health And Vitality’ and, from this description, I figured as a student of TCM the chance to meet and learn from Master Yap was one that should not be missed. If I could learn something that might help people and further my understanding and practice of TCM I think it’s worth the small trip and expense up to Oxford, besides I HAD to get out of London for a while. I was also greatly inspired to meet Sifu Yap after what I read that which Sigung had written about him and also what I had heard through the grapevine. I had heard nothing but good things.

If I was to comment on Sifu Yap from the point of view of my own experiences and to temporarily disregard the points and events that have occurred since then, I would also have nothing but good things to say. At the course I was made to feel very welcome by everyone involved, it was a feeling I had gained familiarity with through my training in Shaolin Wahnam, politeness, courtesy, warmth and open hearts I felt at home. More or less. Just being in the room with lots of internal art practitioners was making me relax again and feel good. I was introduced to Sifu Yap and from that moment on found him to be one of the most pleasant, warm, open, patient and caring individuals I have ever met in my life. He also has a great sense of humour and tends to hug people lots. Its my own personal experience of Sifu Yap that is making the whole matter of this thread really difficult for me to understand, what is actually going on? The facts that have been revealed and the points that have been raised just do not fit with my own experience of him. I used to have nothing but praise, respect and admiration for this great Sifu and his System, now I feel I have to revise or at least reserve my opinion. This upsets me. This is why I must find out the facts. He has displayed to me nothing but good things, like respect and kindness. I fully admit that I don’t know what is happening behind the scenes. I am absolutely disgusted by the behaviour of some of his students and totally agree with Sipak Anthony.

I actually completed two courses in CFQ, Level 1 and Level 2. Level 1 was at the time a weekend of instruction and transmission of the eight Chi Kung patterns. I found this Chi Kung quite different to what I was normally used to training in. It does not involve any kind of breathing synchronisation or visualisation and is done with the eyes open. Also there is NO storing; only cleansing. Level 2 was conducted a week later so that you spend some time cleansing and getting ready for the seated meditation, healing techniques and more advanced concepts of level 2. This involves, as mentioned, to begin with a mass healing of everyone in the room using meditation healing. He then instructed and guided us all in how to do the seated meditation ourselves. Interestingly it is during the seated meditation that he advocates Chi Flow and I heard a few people behind me falling off their seats, moaning etc. At the end of the course we were put into small groups of five, one person with an ailment/illness is seated with the rest of us standing around the seated person. We then performed Chi Kung healing on them. After this we all discussed peoples experiences. Following the discussion Master Yap said that he needed some volunteers with ailments and some people to heal them through the meditation healing that we had learnt earlier in the course. I volunteered to be healed but was refused as I was told I was going to be doing the healing. It was all very simple and straightforward. We do the same technique we had learnt earlier only this time we were doing it on our patient’s behalf instead of our own. Sifu Yap has a very strong belief in Buddhism and this comes across very strongly in his teachings and explanations of the concepts and techniques. It is also at the root of his concept of illness and Karma being intertwined. I also think that it is his concept of Karma which causes much consternation.

I met Sifu Yap for a healing session on the night before I left for London. He told me I did not need a healing and that if I wished we could talk for the period of 30 mins allotted to me. I wholeheartedly said yes as I had many questions. Most of my questions were Buddhist related and he enlightened me to much that I had wished to understand for about eight years or so. It was during this session that I experienced something which was for me at the time amazing. We had been discussing huge concepts involving reincarnation, karma, Sukhavati and other things, for about 40 mins or so. The topics and concepts would be described and explained to me, and as this was happening, lots and lots of more questions were naturally arising in my mind as we delved further onto the vast subject matter. He answered all the questions that I came up with and it wasn’t until about 30 mins or so of this that I then noticed I had actually stopped speaking through my mouth and he was answering my thoughts and questions as they raised in my head. He was still talking to me in a conventional manner but not one word had passed my mouth for around 30 mins. I was impressed and humbled, not to mention grateful for his time and wisdom. I paid him for his 30 mins even though he actually gave me three times this amount of time. He understood the financial difficulties of being a student and his disciple Simon whom was organising the courses in oxford also gave me a major discount on the courses, which I was very grateful for.

During my whole experience I wore my Shaolin Wahnam attire and displayed this to all present, and also made it clear to everyone involved, including Sifu Yap that I had no intentions to stop my Shaolin Wahnam training and practice. No one had any problems with this. I was told that my wishes and standpoint was fully respected. However it was explained during the courses at several points, only when people asked about it, that Kung Fu does indeed generate bad karma. I had great difficulty accepting this and reiterated that I was not going to stop as I was not convinced of this concept.

Once back in London I decide that in order to evaluate and gain the best benefits of CFQ I should practice it solely for a period and postpone my Shaolin Wahnam training for a while. My reasoning for this was one of a dualistic nature, in that considering the main aim of CFQ is to remove the layers of Karma and not to build or store, (which is at the time how I limitedly looked upon my Kung Fu training) that to my mind they were incompatible. I was at this point displaying an example of logical reasoning over wisdom and experience. Wisdom and experience I fully admit to having very little of.
                      So I practiced and studied the CFQ for about two months I think, but I really missed my previous training and when I met up with my Sifu, Sihing and Sidais it hit me how far I had confused and messed myself up in the head not to mention how far I had fallen behind. They had just come back from Malaysia however. I think the old sayin ‘ jack of all trades, master of none’ might have applied to me.
                      In and around this time I was also trying to organise a guest lecture and course for Sifu Yap at my Uni. I ended up having to stop this as my course was demanding too much of my time and it was also around this period that the subject of this thread regarding the backstabbing and slander was brought to my attention. I have therefore not had any personal contact with Sifu Yap since 1st of march this year.

During the time of December 04 to about March 2005 I had in total stopped training Shaolin Wahnam Kung Fu and Chi Kung for about three months and stopped all training for just over one of those three months. Considering my previous description of my life in London at that time you may guess the consequences. Yes, you can probably guess! The following statement is from Sigung as I remember it “Cymon! What is wrong with you? What has happened? You are Shaolin Wahnam, you should be happy! You should be an example of our arts, look around the table, everyone is happy except you, what has happened?” I knew that there was many things that were upsetting me and wearing me down that would not have done had I been a good student and kept up my training. At the time I did not consciously feel that I was upset or down, more drained than anything else, a kind of numbness. Looking back I can say now, that in all honesty I was a complete and utter mess, literally a shadow of my previous self. Everyone who was there whom knows me can attest to this, I was giving off major, major negativity. Not consciously though, but my heart had closed up and my ego was winning and very much growing. When Sigung said to me that I should pour the tea as I was the most junior present I was so rapped up in my own ego and messed in the head that I disputed and mentioned another student that I thought was my junior. Later I realised that I was of course incorrect and that infact I was the most junior ther and I realised how rude and disrespectful and stupid I had been. Wether I was or was not the most junior to me now is not the point, Sigung asked me to pour the tea so I should have got up there and then to pour it. Thanks to his vast and deep level of understanding and compassion Sigung quickly changed the focus of conversation to something else once the point had been made. This was the slap I needed and started that night to resume my training. Steadily building back to were I left off in November, its only in the last month that I feel have started progressing again, instead of catching back up with myself. I can now say I am the happiest I have ever been. I am currently in love with sequences 5 to 8 especially 6 and 7. Absolutely amazing! The depth is unfathomable!

It is with the last point in mind regarding Sigung that I would like to offer a puplic apology to him here in front of everyone on the forum, the next time we meet I will do this the traditional way with utmost sincerity and respect.

Dear Sigung
                      down on one knee and with a cup of the very best fresh tea I can source I sincerely offer it to you with respect and humility. I realise my mistake, improper conduct , rudeness and ignorance. I thank you for the patience, love and support you have shown me. I hope that you accept my apology and that I can continue to learn from you in the future and remain as a dedicated, humble and studious member of the Shaolin Wahnam Institute.

Salutation

Tou Shoon Cymon.
                      Last edited by Cymon; 7 September 2005, 12:51 AM.
                      OOOOO
                      Gate Gate ParaGate ParaSamGate Bodhi Svaha
                      There are no wrong turns. Only wrong thinking on the turns our life has taken.
                      - Zen saying
                      www.shaolinwahnam.co.uk
                      http://london.samye.org/london/
                      www.zentreasures.com

Comment

Meetings

Hi Folks,

Being part of the Shaolin Wahnam Family has brought me great benefit and I become part of an institute that genuinely cares about people.

I honour and respect my Sifu and my brothers and sisters. I have always been led by their example and how they live their lives.

It genuinely saddens me that I have heard students of Sifu Yap trying to bring the Shaolin Wahnam family and institute in disrepute.

I have had little direct experience with CFQ and I have never met Master Yap, But my experience with Jin Leng was when I attended my very first Intensive Kung Fu course with Sifu in Malaysia in 2002. At this time Jin Leng was one of Sifu’s students

After the Intensive Kung Fu course I went out for dinner with Jin Leng and I was asking some very demanding questions of him about Shaolin Chi Kung and his experiences. Jin Leng spoke very positively and respectfully about Sifu and Shaolin Wahnam Chi Kung and the benefits it had on him.

So you can imagine my surprise and sadness when I heard some of his actions from my brothers and sister – until I checked the dates. Those good times were in 2002, before Jin Leng left Sifu and worked for Master Yap in 2003 when the badmouthing and sabotaging began.

Thanks for your time

Mark Appleford
                        Sifu Mark Appleford

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for that account Cymon. I too was confused at the whole thing because my initial impression of Sifu Yap was similar to yours. However, I have been forced to reconsider my views in light of all that has happened over the past 2 years.

So in retrospect, would you say that, directly after meeting Sifu Yap, your confidence in Shaolin Qigong (or Qigong in general) deteriorated and that your health (mental, physical, emotional) suffered as a result?
                          Sifu Anthony Korahais
                          www.FlowingZen.com

Comment

Dear Friends,
                            I want to say that first of all I have no experience with CFQ and only very limited experience with Shaolin Chi Kung but I am deeply saddened to see such a controversy. I hope that you will not find this irrelevant but my own feelings seem to say that the people that badmouthed Sifu Wong seemed to feel that the Shaolin Wahnam system seemed to have generated some of their problems. For instance several ex-students pointed out that "Kung Fu generates bad karma" and "Shaolin qigong does not cleanse bad karma". Sifu Anthony's friends transformation seems to fit this change, but then again since I have not met these people I apologize if my beliefs are way off the mark. I feel that if what I am sensing is true, then it is important to point out. I hope that this contributes to this discussion, I am sorry if I have somehow overstepped my bounds.

Love to all,

Divineshadow
                            "Om"

I pay homage to all the great masters of the past and the present

Comment

the people that badmouthed Sifu Wong seemed to feel that the Shaolin Wahnam system seemed to have generated some of their problems.
                              The question is, did they feel this before or after they were exposed to CFQ? Did they come to this conclusion on their own, or were they led to believe it? For example, I had never even considered the idea that Kungfu creates bad karma before meeting Sifu Yap.

In Jin Leng's case, Shaolin Qigong worked for him. Period. He can stand upright and walk now. He couldn't before.

In Sharon's case, Shaolin Qigong was clearly working for her, so much so that one of her colleagues went to Malaysia because of the transformation he saw in her, as Joan mentioned in her post.

The same is true of Finbar. He was making clear progress with Shaolin Qigong -- to the point where relatives didn't even recognize him. But after a year of CFQ, Joan says that he admitted he had made no progress.

In my own case, Shaolin Qigong had already cured me of Unipolar Depression before I met Sifu Yap. My practice and my health changed drastically for the worse immediately after being exposed to CFQ.
                              Sifu Anthony Korahais
                              www.FlowingZen.com

Comment

Working...
                              X