Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overtraining??

Hello everyone ,

1. I have an important question to the experts of Chi Kung.
    I´m now training since 3 weeks every day and it´s fine .
    Before i only was training on alternating days, always with some days off from training.
    But I wanted to know if it is possible to overtrain in Shaolin Chi Kung and how I can remark if I´m overtrained......

2 . Since yesterday I have pain in my chest that doesn´t seem to come from muscular disfunction. Now i´m afraid that i have done something wrong in my Chi Kung training, because i read in the FAQ´s that that is a symptom for that.

I´m training in Frankfurt with Sifu Kai and I did everything in training at home like in training with Sifu.

In training i always do Lifting sky, free flow, golden bridge, stretching, free flow, walking the form. I´m in level 3.

Is by chest pain related to Chi Kung is it bad or is it only cleansig??
    I would be happy for every answer.

Thank you very much

green

Hi green,
    Hope you are doing well.
    The possibility of getting overtrained is possible with Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung. As it is a high level Art we deal with a very powerful tool.
    Possible symptoms of a overtraining are tiredness, sadness, beeing anxious and so one. But after my experiences these symptoms are also possible from time to time as a normal development, for example as a part of deep physical, mental and emotional cleancing. Having these symptoms over some days and having these symptoms always after training would be a warning sign.

Having pain in the chest may be a kind of blockage. Either it is a developed one because of wrong practice or it could also be a blockage which is cleancing.
    I would ask myself if it's a good pain or a bad pain. Bad pain comes often as a very sharp pain. Ask yourself and Your Chi may give you the answer.
    I know the pain behind the chest from my own experiences. I was afraid, because I knew that it could be a result of improper training. I let confirm Sifu Wong and he told me I would doing good and would clear the blockage.

Sitaiheng Kai is very advanced in both Cki Kung Fu and also in TCM. I am sure he can help you with your problem.

I wish you all te best with your training,

Respectfully,

Roland
    "From formless to form, from form to formless"

26.08.17-28.08.17: Qi Gong Festival with 6 courses in Bern:
    Qiflow-Triple Stretch Method-12 Sinewmetamorphisis-Bone Marrow Cleansing-Zen Mind in Qi Gong

Comment

the pain.....

The pain is not always there it comes and goes. I can´t say if it is sharp pain or normal good pain. It disturbs me, but I feel quite well.

Thanks for the fast answer.

Ps.: If i´m totally upright it is better for me than not beeing that.

Pps.. Thanks very much for the fast answer, looking forard for more opinions....

Comment

Hello Green and welcome to the Forum,

Pain in the chest can be either good or bad or neither good or bad. If it coming from Opening The Heart, then it is very very good. If it is coming from closing the Heart, it is very bad. If it is coming from the chi pushing through your blockages, it is neither good or bad (it's just a result of your successful practice).

It is very common nowadays for many people to have Closed Hearts and something that most students need to address when they first start training. Sometimes it clears quickly and sometimes it takes time, so there is never a definite answer for everyone.

My usual advice would be swap Golden Bridge (handform) for Horse Stance (hands back onto hips) for a week or two, to make sure your posture was right for Opening the Heart. However, since you have an excellent Sifu, I'd suggest asking him and see what he says.

Have fun

Comment

Working...
        X