Kungfu Family Titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kungfu Family Titles

Here's a listing of the Kungfu family titles that have been listed thus far. The listing can be found in the pdf document attached to this post.

Please note that the first and second set of Chinese characters found for each title are the traditional and simplified characters respectively.

Kungfu Family Titles

Good Day!

I wonder one thing!

Now that I have train whit Sifu, I wonder what would I call here in the forum my friend Tapio a student of my Sihing and the other male students of my Sihengs? Is that Si Dai or Tou Dai?

I know that for the females I can call them Si Jie and Si Mui, but I don't find a similar word for Tou Dai for the females?

What can I call my self, Si Dai or Tou Dai?

I wonder too, if there is a Chinese similar words or what would be the best polite way to call ours forums members and guess, that have never train in the Shaolin Wahnam Institute or School?

Thanks, Good bye!
    Last edited by HugoDarien; 23 September 2006, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Tapio is your Siheng -- he also trained with Sifu (Wong) first.

You call yourself Hugo .... that's your name after all

Andrew

P.S. Don't get too hung up on the titles. As long as you remain respectful and refer to your own Sifu, Sigung, their wives, brothers and sisters correctly, you'll be ok.
      Sifu Andrew Barnett
      Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
      Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
      Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Originally posted by WahnamCH View Post
        P.S. Don't get too hung up on the titles. As long as you remain respectful and refer to your own Sifu, Sigung, their wives, brothers and sisters correctly, you'll be ok.
        Speaking of which....what is the term for a Sigung's wife? A Sifu's wife would be Simu, right?
        Chris Didyk
        Shaolin Wahnam USA

Thank You.

Comment

Dear Siheng,
          Speaking of which....what is the term for a Sigung's wife? A Sifu's wife would be Simu, right?
          A selection of answers provided by Sifu Wong Kiew Kit to questions asked by the public on Shaolin Kungfu, Chi Kung, Taijiquan and Zen

I think you might find Question 8 useful.

Regards,

-Tu Le
          Last edited by Tu Le; 24 September 2006, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Kungfu Family Titles

Tapio is your Siheng -- he also trained with Sifu (Wong) first..
            Thanks Siheng Andrew for your information. Is really taken to my heart

You call yourself Hugo .... that's your name after all .
            I understand he he And yea you have right he he

Yes, I will for ever be respectful and refer my own Sifu, Sigung, their wives, brothers and sisters correctly!

THANKS FOR ALL! And Thanks for be my Siheng

/Hugo
            Last edited by HugoDarien; 26 September 2006, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Thanks, Tu Le, so there's "Simu." But what about the term for kung fu grandmother?
              Chris Didyk
              Shaolin Wahnam USA

Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimlock View Post
                But what about the term for kung fu grandmother?
                Your Sigung's wife is "Sitai".

Respectfully,

Mark
                少林華南台灣 Shaolin Wahnam Taiwan

Facebook

"Then how could chi kung overcome diseases where the cause is unknown or when there is no cure? The question is actually incorrect. The expressions "the cause is unknown" and "there is no cure" are applicable only in the Western medical paradigm. The expressions no longer hold true in the chi kung paradigm. In the chi kung paradigm the cause is known, and there is a cure."

-Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Comment

Thanks, Sissook
                  Chris Didyk
                  Shaolin Wahnam USA

Thank You.

Comment

The correct terms in Chinese are set out below.

The use of the terms depends on whether you are in the north or south, and in fact, on whether you are using Mandarin or another dialect.

In formal hierachical sects, the term for your Sifu's Sifu is "Tai-Shifu", whereas we are more accustomed to "Shigong", a more affectionate term.

I am not sure about "Sitai" since my Cantonese is not up to scratch, but converting the words to Chinese characters, the term does not make sense.

太师母

师奶奶

Tai-shimu (formal)

Shi-nainai (informal)
                    百德以孝为先
                    Persevere in correct practice

Comment

Hi Wuji

I learned this term from Sifu's website. It is written in the invitation to the wedding celebrations.

Grandmaster Wong’s second daughter, Miss Wong Wei Foong will be married to Mr Peter Kow Chee Wooi on 8th October 2006

Sifu (or Sigung to some members) and Simu (or Sitai) would like to invite all members of the Shaolin Wahnam Family to join the celebrations of the happy occasion in Malaysia, which will include
                      Mark
                      少林華南台灣 Shaolin Wahnam Taiwan

Facebook

"Then how could chi kung overcome diseases where the cause is unknown or when there is no cure? The question is actually incorrect. The expressions "the cause is unknown" and "there is no cure" are applicable only in the Western medical paradigm. The expressions no longer hold true in the chi kung paradigm. In the chi kung paradigm the cause is known, and there is a cure."

-Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Comment

Ah, see I told you my Cantonese was bad. Just goes to show how true the saying is: Better to keep your mouth shut and let the world think you are a fool than to open your mouth to confirm it. But it is OK, this is not the first time I have embarrassed myself
                        百德以孝为先
                        Persevere in correct practice

Comment

Maybe this is a difference in Malaysian Cantonese and Hong Kong Cantonese.
                          According to YunXiang it's Cantonese (Yale): si1 mou5, where the second character is pronounced "moe". This page helps to decipher the numerical tone indicators.
                          I guess "Sitai" would be written as 師太, except I think that the "太" charcter is only chosen because it's a homophone. That or maybe the "太太" designation for "wife" harkens back to the days of Chinese polygamy where that title was reserved for the first wife, "太" indicating her higher status.
                          And Sihing, if you think your Cantonese is bad, you haven't heard my Mandarin (or Cantonese for that matter)
                          Last edited by Chiahua; 11 October 2006, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X