No announcement yet.

Was Osho Mental?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just remembered, Master Wang Xianzhai once wrote that he believed that true kung fu was better preserved in the Beijing Opera than in most martial arts schools.

And once my Tai ki ken teacher compared body alignment with that of Noh performance artists...
    (I really ought to do a bit of research )

Comment

Mark, there is also Jianwu dance in Yiquan Is it the same as Tanshu in Taikiken? Two examples: Master Yao Chengguang and Master Li Jianyun. Anyway, Osho would have liked these training methods.
      Best wishes,
      Panu

Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another. (John Dewey)

Comment

Originally posted by Mark B
        Xianzhai once wrote that he believed that true kung fu was better preserved in the Beijing Opera than in most martial arts schools.
        )
        so that means Voice..is a / the power tool then?.

A friend told me that some andiginous types said the voice is a tool for singing. not talking etc. just singing. thats cool. i just imagined everyone singing at each other, and never saying, 'um. er, excuse me, I...'

theres a dance called crumping/krumping, of kids dressing up as clowns but dancing like a mixture of break dancing, tribal sparring, and genreal vigourous body shaking.. thats a good one to check out. but i've looked it up and there isn't much really, except someones made afilm, thats coming out in may.

see you laeter

Comment

Shaolin Mike, Kirtaan sounds interesting. What kind of yogis? (The word Kirtaan doesn't sound like sanskrit to me, but I'm no expert!)
          It could be a modern Indian word in Bengali or whatever language they speak. Im no expert in languages..

Another thing, that sometimes occurs to me is the link between dances and martial arts. Capoeira is the best example, but also think break dancing. I've also wondered about Cosack dancing (think of the leg strength!) Scottish Sword dancing and even English Morris dancing (it takes a bit of imagination but maybe there's some kind of stick fighting in there?)
          Does anyone have any information? Or other examples?
          From what I've read Capoiera has its dance aspect because it was practiced by slaves who disguised their martial art as a dance so as not to be discovered by their captors. There are very few hand techniques because the slaves would have to learn how to fight with their hand cuffed hence all the leg techniques.
          As for breakdancing that has even less to do with martial arts. It was developed by poor kids in New York round about the 1970's and later on some martial arts style moves were added, as were some gymnastic manouvers and moves inspired from all kinds of things. The only 'martial' thing about it if you can call it that is that kids would settle disputes by having a breakdance battle ie 2 crews dancing against each other the winner being the better cru. This is in line with the hip hop teaching of non violence and while in a breaking battle you can never touch your opponent.
          from the ♥

Comment

Thanks for your replies everybody!

Originally posted by shaolin_mike
            There are very few hand techniques because the slaves would have to learn how to fight with their hand cuffed
            In Yiquan most hand techniques are coordinated in a characteristic way because Guo Yunshen (Wang Xiangzhai's Hsing yi teacher) spent a few years in prison and practicing manacled he found improved his peng-quan! Talk about making the best of it! This must be the case with the Hsing yi quan of his lineage too, I expect. Can anyone confirm this?
            Originally posted by shaolin_mike
            kids would settle disputes by having a breakdance battle
            Wow! The art of fighting without fighting!

I looked up Krumping, Selva. Looks interesting! (I didn't believe it at first, what with the clown get up and the documentary film maker being named David LaChapelle! I'm too suspicious!)

Thanks Panu,
            I forgot about Jianwu dance! Yes, its the same as Tanshu in Tai ki ken, which my teacher translates as shadow boxing. Even so, just goes to show, you can miss things right in front of your nose!
            Last edited by Mark B; 21 March 2005, 09:11 AM.

Comment

What you people described as krumping sound a lot like what there is in the video of Galvanise by Chemical brothers. All the people in the disco with clown make up dancing.
              from the ♥

Comment

^ they don't do much though. it's a short song i suppose.

it is real. i saw a doc. and they really get into their dress and have clown cars and hair, they aslo take it pretty seriously!, the battles to be best and what it means to them !

Comment

All the saints are serious

But this man has super cool clothes and some bling bling around the wrist
                  Best wishes,
                  Panu

Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another. (John Dewey)

Comment

talk about star trek

Comment

Did osho really attain enlightenment at the age of 24?

Did osho really attain enlightenment at the age of 24?

Comment

what the hell is going on?

I am ahmeds brother and what you see above he did not write he was shocked his self when he saw this. By the way osho attained enlightenment aged21 not 24 and ahmed nows this.So i want to know what the hell is oing on!This isnt the only time this has happened so i want a straight answer now who is messing about with his username.

Like my brother may be osho came with the same situation where he was framed like this.

Comment

Ahsun,

Your brother is not being "framed", and your suggestion is both innapropriate and unwelcome.

There are two ways that someone other than your brother could post under his account. One is if he gave out his password. Another is if he left his account logged in.

Every forum member is responsible for maintaining the security and integrity of his or her own account. I would advise your brother change his password immediately, and that he never leave the computer with his account logged in.

I would also advise you, Ahsun, to be more respectful of others on this forum. Your first few posts in this and other threads have been antagonistic and disrespectful. You are a guest here. Please try to remember that.
                          Sifu Anthony Korahais
                          www.FlowingZen.com
                          (Click here to learn more about me.)

Comment

truth about osho

Rajneesh lied when he said he had enlightened disciples. He lied when he said he never made a mistake. At the end of his life he was forced to admit that he was fallible as his list of bungles had grown to monstrous proportions. He lied by pretending the therapy groups run by his disciples were not mainly just a money making device. Rajneesh lied about breaking United States immigration laws and only admitted the truth when he was presented with overwhelming documented evidence against him. He lied by saying that he was adopted in a phony scheme to get permanent residence status.

Comment

about what i sent above

Now what i sent above you can see what type of person osho was (a liar!).
                              This shows that he did do wrong and after all i think he was insane!

Comment

was osho mental?

Hi!

I dont think so! I belive he is not mental!

Comment

Working...
                                X