Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes the intensive courses with Sifu such good value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes the intensive courses with Sifu such good value?

Greetings Everybody!

Here is another thread inspired by Wuji.

I find it very hard to explain in words why the course is worth it, but for those who feel the same way, we feel it very strongly. You will find all the instructions the same as in the books but there is that X factor that makes the course different. Maybe it is the confidence you can actually do it after being "certified" by Sifu at the course. I cannot explain it. Maybe someone else can?
    I'd like to invite our forum members to give their own opinions on this interesting subject. Why do we all travel so far and spend our hard earned money to attend courses given by Sifu?
    Jeffrey Segal

Experiences

Hey folks,
    I thought I would share some of my experiences with you after attending an intensive Kung Fu course about two and half years ago.

Sifu says that he will push beyond your limit, mentally, emotionally, spiritually and physically. What Sifu say he does!!

I went there with about 15 years previous martial arts experiences and I was very fit at the time. ( Powerlifting and runnning and attending various other martial arts classes about 5 times a week).

I was stretched beyond my limits and at one time I almost came to physical blows with the person I held responsible for me being there!( they know who they are ).

I can honestly say that Sifu does what he promises and that you dont come back the same. There is great camaredrie in the group that come from being in something so intense.

You are also learning from Sifu, and the course itself allows you to glimpse where you could be in 2/5//10 years time. Sifu teaches a really good system and he does not hold back any secrets.

I actually broke this down and you end up paying something like 33 pounds an hour for Sifu's time. I have attended seminar where there have been about a hundred people there and it has worked out to be about 30 pounds and you are lucky if you get to meet the instructor once in 4 hours.

With Sifu you get his attention on you and you learn.

One the best thing is the dinners and they are great fun. Words do not convey what the course is like. But I am going back.

Mark A

Ps One piece of advice is to ask questions and make a list as you will forget them. Someone once advised me on this and it is true
    Sifu Mark Appleford

sigpic

Comment

Saves Lives

The Shaolin Arts Saves Lives.

The world would crash on you.
      You go through your darkest hours, your worst fears, and life would be easier to end rather than continue.

After practicing the Shaolin Arts.

The world crashes around you. You peacefully go through your darkest hours, your worse fears become trifle, and it is a great joy to be alive.

This is why Sifu's teachings are priceless.

Anton Skafar

Comment

Originally posted by Mark A
        Sifu says that he will push beyond your limit, mentally, emotionally, spiritually and physically. What Sifu say he does!!
        I was stretched beyond my limits and at one time I almost came to physical blows with the person I held responsible for me being there!( they know who they are ).

I can honestly say that Sifu does what he promises and that you dont come back the same. There is great camaredrie in the group that come from being in something so intense.
        Gulp, I just applied for the Shaolin course. Just how tough is it? The qigong course was easy of course, as it was meant to be. I saw Sifu giving lessons to an advanced student and you could see Sifu being sterner than we had ever seen him. He was also relentless in making the student repeat the sequences again and again, even during a thunderstorm (uder shelter of course). I suppose this is what I can expect at the course if I am accepted?

How is it that one can almost come to blows with another if the training is taken in the spirit of harmony? Can you enlighten me, Mark?
        百德以孝为先
        Persevere in correct practice

Comment

A quick reply

Hey Zhang
          It is really easy, I was very angry person back then and I was pushed to my limit and I repsonded the way I did.

The person did respond in harmony and walked away befrore there was a confrontation. He understood that I was at my limits and past them and he responded accordingly.

I saw kind words and a lot of support from other people who had been on teh course. This was my experience and it was I look back on with fondness and kinda sheepishly.

This is just a quick reply asw I am in the middle of moving

Mark
          Sifu Mark Appleford

sigpic

Comment

Hi Wuji (Take note everyone - Wuji, not Zhang - Wuji ),

The situation was rather simple - Mark was being forced to look at things from an uncomfortable place and instead of listening to his rationalisations and accepting them for the excuses that they were, I was very open and casual with refuting them ("Rubbish, why are you lying to yourself?"). At the time, it seemed the most appropriate way to help Mark to clear the blockage that was surfacing (errupting ). When the issue of physical retaliation was raised, my answers in the vein of "Yes, but it's not me you're angry at" or the old favourite "It's not my blockage, why should I care what you think?" were very effective in helping everything come to the surface. I walked away and left Mark to his thoughts and actions and - after he had been skulking around the Cameron Highlands for a few months - we met up again and carried on the conversation.

Mark now is not the same person he was on the course. This is not just a symbolic statement, it's a fact. Physically, he's completely changed at a molecular level, mentally he's changed, emotionally he's changed and spiritually he's changed. Nor is Mark the exception, when I returned to attend my second course, many people there were commenting on the changes I had made. I hadn't even noticed them and in all honesty, wasn't even sure what they were on about. Recently I met someone who hasn't seen me in years and they were amazed at the changes.

The most important changes are internal and as with everything in Shaolin Wahnam, nothing speaks as loud as an example. For myself, I ran away from home when I was 16 and didn't stay in touch with my parents or the rest of my family. I was hurt, unsure, confused and very angry at the world (a typical teenager reaction). My first ever course with Sifu was the Intensive Chi Kung course and during the course, I cleared a major blockage in my chest. Sifu helped me clear the blockage and within six months, I was back in touch with my family, having Christmas dinner and attempting to return to family life. Today, I've just come back from going Christmas shopping with my mother, having seen her last week and the week before that. During the course, I saw Mark dealing with a strong emotional blockage as well and without even being asked or making a concious descision, I did what I could to help him.

What makes a course good value? What price would you put to the expression on a mothers face when the son she hasn't seen in years turns up at her door, hugs her and says "Sorry".

Comment

Priceless

Originally posted by Darryl
              What makes a course good value? What price would you put to the expression on a mothers face when the son she hasn't seen in years turns up at her door, hugs her and says "Sorry".
              A wonderful story. I'm glad you did the right thing - it was very brave. Thank you for sharing it.

With Great Respect,
              Chris.

Comment

Thanks Darryl and Mark

That was most heartwarming. I already know how life-changing a course with Shifu can be. It looks like the Shaolin course will move mountains, as it has done for you.
                I just hope I am accepted......

Darry's story has finally prompted me to put down my signature. I have been musing about an approrpriate one, and I just thought of it last night, and is it coincidence, after I decided on it, I read Darryl's account.

It reads: Filial piety is the first of all virtues.

百德以孝为先
                百德以孝为先
                Persevere in correct practice

Comment

Wonderfull words Wuji,

I just had another moment that I think also shows the value of the courses. I'm just back from the shops (yes, late night shopping) and while there, bought lots of heavy things. I came back, did Lifting The Sky once and had a little flow to loosen off my shoulders. When I came to enjoy my late night snack (marmalade on toast) I couldn't open the jar. Instead of worrying, I smiled, relaxed, gentle thought and then tried again. My shoulder gave a gentle little 'pop', then so did the jar lid.

If I can take joy in something as simple and common-place as opening a jar of marmalade and view internal flow as such a casual thing - that to me is also amazing value.

Comment

Dear Sihing Darryl,

Such a heartwarming story. I remember Sifu mention that his two regrets in life were not spending enough time with his mother and not spending enough time with his father.
                    The prophet Mohamed(peace be upon him) once said: "paradise lays at the feet of the mother"
                    It is incredible that such opening of the heart can happen. Like you said, this kind of result is priceless. Sifu's courses and their effects are just priceless, simple as that.

Luke: I don't believe it
                    Master Yoda: That is why you fail

Comment

what makes the intensive course with sifu such good value?

My reasons for attending the intensive courses were to learn genuine Chi Kung and Shaolin Kung Fu.Having been involved in martial arts most of my life and know genuine Shaolin masters were hard to find and Chi was something mostly just talked about,as if it were a lost secert.
                      After the intensive course with Sifu, I experianced Chi, felt internal force,and had learnt genuine Kung Fu, as well as feeling mentally clear and fresh,energeticlly charged (even training 8hrs a day durring the course never feeling tired)and spiritually fresh.
                      Sifu teaches on a personal level and connects with everyone and his teachings go beyond a physical level.( you have to do the course to understand.)
                      Everyday I am greatfull to Sifu for excepting me into his course,because not only am I a better person,but I see everyday with a new perspective and more optomisim,every decision I make and eveything I do is better, even with just day to day routines.And will only get better.
                      Two reasons that just come to mind that make the course with Sifu such good value is that it has helped dispell doubt in myself and in my life and maded me more excepting of things out of my control.
                      The best investment in myself, I have ever made.

Shaolin Salutations,
                      Steve.

Comment

Treasures

Dear Brother Steve,

Thanks for the update. I'm glad that you have been persevering in your practice. Hopefully we can attend our next courses together.

Dear Friends and Family,

I had the good pleasure to attend both the Intensive Chi Kung and Kung Fu course with Steve. Like him, I am grateful everyday to Sifu for his teachings which have improved my life immeasurably.

Simply put, Intensive courses with Sifu are a good value because his teachings are priceless.

Still,
                        Charles David Chalmers
                        Brunei Darussalam

Comment

his teachings are priceless
                          I am glad to hear what Cha sais. For me it's simlpy true.

Cha, it's a shame, that we haven't met in Vietnam two yeas ago

But that is timing and spacing

Take care,

Respecfully,

Roland
                          "From formless to form, from form to formless"

26.08.17-28.08.17: Qi Gong Festival with 6 courses in Bern:
                          Qiflow-Triple Stretch Method-12 Sinewmetamorphisis-Bone Marrow Cleansing-Zen Mind in Qi Gong

Comment

Practicing is joyful

Ever since coming home from the Intensive Course, there is alaways somehow new finding or new meaning whenever I practice even the simplest things.

That way, I always enjoy my practice, never getting bored.

For some people, perhaps they would be wondering why practicing a very simple movement day after day without getting bored?

This is an example:
                            Recently I found another new meaning for me of the phrase 'the three arrivals: arrival of mind, arrival of feet, arrival of hands'.

I found out by experience that every movement is initiated by the lower body (that is, after the intention); the upper body only follows the momentum, yet finally it is the upper body which will usually manifest the intended movement (or the purpose of the movement).

And the conclusion?
                            This proves another purpose of Stance Training; hence I enjoy Stance Training even more.

Joko
                            开心 好运气
                            kai xin... .......hao yunqi... - Sifu's speech, April 2005
                            open heart... good chi flow... good luck ...
                            ------------------------------------------------------------
                            Have we not opened up thy heart ...? (The Reading, 94:1)
                            ------------------------------------------------------------
                            Be joyful, ..and share your joy with others -(Anand Krishna)

Comment

I broke down the cost as well and it was like approx $60 USA, I was surprised at how cheap it really is when you look at it from a wider perspective. I plan on applying to go to an intensive course as soon as I am ready.

I have literally had dreams of attending a year long intensive Kung fu course.
                              Shaolin Wahnam USA

"Every morning you are born again. What you do today is the most important thing".

Comment

Working...
                              X